Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 11:24   #4426

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Congrats Ashwinee! What colour did you choose and what's the on-road and ex-showroom price did you get?
Alabaster Silver VX CVT. All 3 of us (Me, Wife and Son) liked this color and second choice was Urban Titanium. Future scratches in Bangalore sealed the deal for Silver colour. On road in Bangalore is 14.6 Lakhs (Ex: 11,69,300). I got the following discounts from Trident:
1. 3500 off on essential kit (Honda charges for this )
2. 5000 discount from Loyalty program (had a Honda City)
3. 7000 corporate discount (many IT companies are eligible)

And final on road is 14.45

Whats included:
1. RSA
2. Extended Warranty
3. Handling Charges
4. Honda Assure Nil Dip (went with them to have some peace of mind hopefully, in Bangalore you are sure to bump into idiots every other day)
5. Road tax of 2.2 lakh+ (This is Karnataka)

Last edited by Aditya : 11th December 2015 at 07:27. Reason: Please keep it to only 2 smileys per post
ashwinee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 14:52   #4427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmohan90 View Post
First of all congrats for an year with city.
Since your city has only completed 9k,so you can extend the service by few extra weeks till you reach 10k.
Recommended things for 1yr servicing are Engine oil, Tyre rotation, Engine air filter and a/c filter.
Among these you can skip a/c filter change unless serious choking of pores is not present, I clean my filters every month so mine was clean enough to work.
Leaving you with engine oil,Tyre rotation and air filter, it will cost you 3700 (a/c pollen filter costs 850).
Apart from this the service guy asks for wheel balancing/alignment , interior leather cleaning, a/c disinfectant, washer fluid top up, etc. As already suggested by senior members here wheel balancing and alignment can be done at good Tyre shops outside; Rest things depend on your requirement.

I did my same servicing yesterday at 8700kms/14 months and ended up with 4300 bucks.

Also, While returning after servicing I received 22.5 kmpl mileage with my Ivtec in 30kms of highway stretch.

Regards,
Krishna
Thanks Krishna for your advice. That's an awesome mileage figure you got there...:-)

I'm already getting the service reminders by phone.

So my questions is - will it not be an issue (with warranty or whatsoever) if we extend the service due date by say a month? Can anyone comment?

And secondly, can anyone suggest good wheel alignment and balancing centres in Hyderabad? And if I'm doing this outside, I'm assuming the tyre rotation also needs to be done at the same place same time. Am I correct?

Regards.

Last edited by OwnersPride : 8th December 2015 at 14:54.
Old 10th December 2015, 12:57   #4428
Senior - BHPian

Just got the Diesel Emissions Certificate for my vehicle.
Last time when I got it done, it was a smooth process.

However this time, I tried the emissions testing at 3 to 4 places unsuccessfully and the 5th attempt was successful.

On all the places that failed, they were clamping the two terminals of the battery and pressing the accelerator and the RPM meter in the emissions test tool would not show the increase in RPM.

Finally in the place that worked, they used a different RPM sensor. A magnetic plug that was placed directly to the top of the engine.
Its such a pain to get this PUC done every 6 months. They should increase the checking interval to a year.

On an unrelated note: After the last service, I've observed that the plastic piece behind the front right door handle in cabin is a bit loose. I was hearing a faint rattle sometimes and wondered where it was coming from and checked all around and then realized that this loose black plastic part right behind the chrome door handle is a bit loose rattles (very faintly) sometimes. Its not bothering me enough to get it tightened as of now. Have anyone else faced the same?

Last edited by for_cars1 : 10th December 2015 at 13:02.
Old 10th December 2015, 18:22   #4429
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda issues a recall for diesel City and Mobilio. Details in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/171261-honda-cars-india-recalls-90-210-diesel-variants-city-mobilio.html
Old 10th December 2015, 19:22   #4430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinee View Post
Alabaster Silver VX CVT. All 3 of us (Me, Wife and Son) liked this color and second choice was Urban Titanium. Future scratches in Bangalore sealed the deal for Silver colour. On road in Bangalore is 14.6 Lakhs (Ex: 11,69,300).
Congratulations to you! Good choice! I am sure you will enjoy every moment driving a Honda AT. Proven, silent & tested, super fine I-Vtec engine.

Wow, prices have indeed gone up. When we purchased our Honda City V MT in 2012, the AT version then, was around INR 12L, which was about INR 1L more than the MT at the time.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:23   #4431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
My car is applicable for a recall. I have already submitted a form on the honda website for the same. Should be getting a call soon from them.
Old 11th December 2015, 10:28   #4432
BHPian

I have noted that post the software update in my Honda CVT , the mileage has improved significantly , with the current city running hovering around 13.2 , earlier it would be closer to 12
Old 11th December 2015, 11:06   #4433
MCR
BHPian

Honda City recall!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/50123949.cms

My car (March 2014) is part of this recall process. The recall has affected diesel units of Honda City and Mobilio.

Use the following link to check if your car is part of the recall.

https://hondacarindia.com/PUD5VG/6FR...erInquiry.aspx
Old 11th December 2015, 11:47   #4434

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Congratulations to you! Good choice! I am sure you will enjoy every moment driving a Honda AT. Proven, silent & tested, super fine I-Vtec engine.

Wow, prices have indeed gone up. When we purchased our Honda City V MT in 2012, the AT version then, was around INR 12L, which was about INR 1L more than the MT at the time.
Yes. Driven 1.1 Lakh in my City ZX over a period of ~8 years and plan to drive more than that in the next few years
Old 13th December 2015, 01:35   #4435
BHPian

Just brought home my Honda City V MT ivtec Carmelian Red Pearl from Ace Honda Noida. Had a good experience at the dealership and was able to get the model and colour immediately and took delivery within a couple of days of booking the car.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:24   #4436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatto63 View Post
I have noted that post the software update in my Honda CVT , the mileage has improved significantly , with the current city running hovering around 13.2 , earlier it would be closer to 12

I see a better mileage on highways, a smoother drive in all conditions on my CVT post the software upgrade.
Old 13th December 2015, 13:24   #4437
BHPian

Could any of the current owners confirm if the new Honda City is equipped with a burglar alarm system? Since we are almost on the periphery of booking a Honda Jazz and also the fact that someone we know had their car stolen, dad had this question for me. Unfortunately, I didn't find a mention of it on the Honda website.

The scenario to be checked is: If someone locks the Jazz using the remote and unlocks using the provided key, what happens? In my previous car (Esteem), the alarm would go off and the engine would immobilize. Any pointers in this regard would be of much help.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 13th December 2015 at 13:27.
Old 13th December 2015, 15:46   #4438
BHPian

The new City I bought on launch didn't have burglar alarm system. But from April 2015 onwards, this has been introduced. I quote below from the Honda website press release section:

LINK

Quote:
The enriched City also features newly introduced Security Alarm feature and 2 nos. of Transmitter Keys facilitating keyless entry which will now be available from S grade onwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Could any of the current owners confirm if the new Honda City is equipped with a burglar alarm system?
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 18:40   #4439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask77 View Post
Just brought home my Honda City V MT ivtec Carmelian Red Pearl from Ace Honda Noida. Had a good experience at the dealership and was able to get the model and colour immediately and took delivery within a couple of days of booking the car.

Well many congrats on for the new buzz in your life. The speed in availability could be because of your choice of colour. Just a thought. Though the Carnelian Red is the most stunning colour on the current Hondas, people in India mostly shy away from the colour due to the fact that it is very hard to get a satisfactory match in colour in case of accidental repair re-painting. Unless you have it taken to the authorised people of course. In some cases even they mess it up even though they charge a bomb for it. And we Indians simply can't avoid defaulting to the "cheaper" options. Almost always. That's why you find so few red cars around. Pan all braands. The solid colours(non-metallic) in red are easier to redo though...
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 14:23   #4440

Got my Honda City VX CVT (Alabaster Silver) on 13th December. Trident Honda (Bangalore) was very helpful and everything was smooth. Will get the number on 14th December and they will come home and fix it for me. No accessories bought. Thought of upgrading the tyres, but pushing it for later.

Will post a detailed "my review" after a small drive we plan to do in the Christmas weekend.
ashwinee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks