Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2014, 14:38   #436
Team-BHP Support

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Rs. 9500 'handling charge'! I don't know why we don't refuse to pay this amount.

Bangalore kills all car buying aspirations. The ex-showroom of 10.14 (which is less than 10 in almost all other Indian cities) for VX MT results in a 18.84% road tax. And you pay this to drive on what I consider to be an apology in the name of roads.
And they have very cleverly hidden the handling charge within the road tax component.

This is just just not right, charging 10K for no reason at all.

Also check out essential kit. It is nothing but foot mats, ganesh idol, perfume and key chain. But they don't allow you to knock it off unless you fight for it.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 14:43   #437
BHPian

Its a shame that in Mumbai, 1.5 SV-CVT is costing a shade higher than 10 lacs ex-showroom (10,01,577) for metallic shade. This additional INR 1,577 is leading to a further difference of INR 10.5K between registration charges for Non-metallic and Metallic variant.

For all other variants, the difference in registration charge is about INR 600.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda-city.png  

Old 8th January 2014, 14:43   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
And they have very cleverly hidden the handling charge within the road tax component.

This is just just not right, charging 10K for no reason at all.

Also check out essential kit. It is nothing but foot mats, ganesh idol, perfume and key chain. But they don't allow you to knock it off unless you fight for it.
We must act collectively to stop this nonsense! Are you telling me that even if I don't want that 'essential' kit, they are going to thrust it down my throat?!
Old 8th January 2014, 14:50   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We must act collectively to stop this nonsense! Are you telling me that even if I don't want that 'essential' kit, they are going to thrust it down my throat?!
Yes that's what they try unless your firm with them. But the essential kit is not a bother since you get something in return for the money paid.

The handling charges is what hurts the most since you get nothing in return. They claim it is charges towards registration, number plate, driver charges, transport charges and what not. No clear explanation but we still have to pay and get nothing.
Old 8th January 2014, 14:59   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The handling charges is what hurts the most since you get nothing in return. They claim it is charges towards registration, number plate, driver charges, transport charges and what not. No clear explanation but we still have to pay and get nothing.
Yes, I know about the handling charge nuisance. I had a serious tiff with a Hyundai dealer while purchasing i20 for my parents. I tell you, these guys have the cheek to cancel the deal if one refuses to pay the handling charge, and they are not averse to rude behavior!

At times I wonder how all of us survive among so many criminals.
Tats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 15:13   #441
BANNED

A real disappointment passenger side airbag removed from the base variants.
Also Honda should have given airbags for the rear seat passengers.
Old 8th January 2014, 15:23   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Its a shame that in Mumbai, 1.5 SV-CVT is costing a shade higher than 10 lacs ex-showroom (10,01,577) for metallic shade. This additional INR 1,577 is leading to a further difference of INR 10.5K between registration charges for Non-metallic and Metallic variant.

For all other variants, the difference in registration charge is about INR 600.
It is just 10K. In bangalore, in such situation, it is 30K. When i checked last year, VAT non metallic was 9.95lacs and metallic was 10.01lac. For just 1k, you have to pay 30K more in registration.
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 15:27   #443
BHPian

Hi Guys, came across the white City with twin grill / bumper / spoiler / side skirts kit - absolute stunner - see Youtube link:

Last edited by kryogesh : 8th January 2014 at 15:28.
kryogesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 15:27   #444

Quote:
Rs. 9500 'handling charge'! I don't know why we don't refuse to pay this amount.

Bangalore kills all car buying aspirations. The ex-showroom of 10.14 (which is less than 10 in almost all other Indian cities) for VX MT results in a 18.84% road tax. And you pay this to drive on what I consider to be an apology in the name of roads.
Will this help ? Hopefully we get roads the quality found in other places. Was really impressed with Hyderabad Road quality. Even though the metro work is on in full swing all over the city, the roads are still so much more driveable.

http://www.change.org/en-IN/petition...share_petition
Old 8th January 2014, 15:30   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
No pinpointing intending on your post aniketi, but I tend to disagree and actually not very happy with Honda's Strategy on E & S Variants Air-bags. They have omitted the Passenger Side Air-bag on these variants, which was not the case in the outgoing Honda City.

Even the Corporate Variant had the same safety features as that of the Top-end variant.

Suddenly, its looks like a step backward in terms of safety from Honda's end.
+1. I agree to you on this. They should have not omited passenger side airbag. But at least i am happy that they have provided one airbag and ABS with EBD
Some other manufacturers don't give this much also in their base models. So i am happy. But when you consider the S model apart from that one airbag, it has pretty much everything which normal (read most) users want. Surprisingly Honda has priced it very well. That's why i am sure that those models will be very popular as those are the most VFM.
Old 8th January 2014, 15:36   #446
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Rs. 9500 'handling charge'! I don't know why we don't refuse to pay this amount. Bangalore kills all car buying aspirations. The ex-showroom of 10.14 (which is less than 10 in almost all other Indian cities) for VX MT results in a 18.84% road tax. And you pay this to drive on what I consider to be an apology in the name of roads.
We refused to pay handling and registration charges when we brought vw vento last month. We are very clear that other than extended warranty, insurance, road tax and invoice, we will not pay anything extra. It is the stand that one needs to take. The same thing holds good for my previous swifts, I refused and very firm on the same. All the time I succeeded. Note all the times got mats and mud flops, but nothing else.

That to now the registration is online, and it is mandatory for dealers to release the car with only after normal or temp registration. So why to pay.

Last edited by manjubp : 8th January 2014 at 15:43.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 15:44   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogesh View Post
Hi Guys, came across the white City with twin grill / bumper / spoiler / side skirts kit - absolute stunner - see Youtube link:
Thanks buddy, yes, the white is surely a stunner (and cheaper too, since it comes under their non-metallic shade) Sad to see Honda differentiating based on color, I guess this started when they launched the Brio.

Last edited by uday.ere : 8th January 2014 at 15:45.
Old 8th January 2014, 15:46   #448
BHPian

Wow kryogesh the white city looks absolutely stunning in the clip. Just wanted to know if yu book the SV will changing the ICE and tires, adding fog lamps etc void the warranty if done from an outside garage. Cause if not SV AT would make sense to save the money over the VX AT and kit the car out as you please. I know usually manufacturers frown on such things and the suspension warranty is not applicable if the tires are changed or the electrical warranty is made void if the music system is changed, does this hold true in case of Honda as well? Anyone with previous experience.
Old 8th January 2014, 15:56   #449
BHPian

What about the boot space specification including the space under the carpet?! Isn't this an industry first (in terms of misleading people)? or do few other manufacturers follow this method of giving specifying boot space?

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 8th January 2014 at 16:01.
Old 8th January 2014, 16:09   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogesh View Post
Hi Guys, came across the white City with twin grill / bumper / spoiler / side skirts kit - absolute stunner
Twin grill look much better than the original. is it providing by Honda? in that case, why can't they provide to all instead as accessory?

Most Viewed