Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-307.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxh (Post 3911044)
I think it's actually very simple. I created some calculations in an excel sheet to illustrate. I've assumed multiple trips in the first 2 columns. As you can see the 2nd and 5th trips have the same km and mileage, but 2nd line has a far greater impact on cumulative mileage since it was while the tank was more full.

Your example is similar to the weighted average example given earlier by GKMahajan. However, both 40 kms trip would have same impact on the cumulative average. The impact of the second one in the table seems higher as the weight of 2nd trip is far higher than the 1st trip. So don't think the full tank would have an impact.

PS: Would suggest the discussion be moved to a different thread now. The flavor Honda City is now gone from the discussion and not relevant to this thread anymore.

Q: How to move to a different/new thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunsangal (Post 3911068)
PS: Would suggest the discussion be moved to a different thread now. The flavor Honda City is now gone from the discussion and not relevant to this thread anymore.

Q: How to move to a different/new thread?

There is already a thread about the accuracy of modern day MIDs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...splay-mid.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3911117)
There is already a thread about the accuracy of modern day MIDs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...splay-mid.html

Thank you tejas08.
I went through the post.
Now, I am operating at a higher level of confusion! :)
It was enlightening - definitely!

Do you think I should 'copy-paste' my calculations, etc there?
OR - would the MODS like to just shift it there?
OR - should I let it be?

Someone please advise.

Girish Mahajan

Got my 30k km service done yesterday (2014 V-MT petrol). The experience was nothing short of poor. The SA had no knowledge of service intervals and tried to scam some extra money (Honda diagnostics, etc). Best is he showed attitude when I refused to get scammed!

Made me regret once again the choice of car. Honda just isn't what it was 3-5 years back -
--> Bad quality: What can I say... this has got it's own thread!
--> Pathetic service: Waiting, incompetent, inefficient
--> Expensive spares: e.g. for attaching my underbody engine cover, they asked for Rs 1500 (obv I said no)!
--> Sad service intervals: 10k km / 6 months - my car has run only 15k km till date. That's why I like my Dzire service interval of 10k km / 12 months much better. With my office being 6km from home and wife not working currently, there's hardly any running for both my cars

Much happier with my Dzire in all respects apart from the lovely iVtec engine. The engine is just awesome. In fact I see the car as engine as a pro and everything else as cons. My friend who bought the diesel along with me has already sold it off because he didn't even have the engine!

Dear fellow bhpians,

Would like to check if anyone has tried using Speed 97 on the i-Vtec City? If yes, how was the performance and is it really worth spending the extra bucks?

Guys
There are 1 or 2 Oct/Nov 2015 CITY VX CVT now. I am planning to buy that with some discounts on it.
Apart from the cash discounts, What extra things that I should be careful if I am getting a 2015 manufactured CITY VX CVT ? So far, I got the confirmation that its Oct or Nov 2015 model only, not any older.

Prem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3911592)
Got my 30k km service done yesterday (2014 V-MT petrol). The experience was nothing short of poor.

Can you let us know which Service Center was this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3913201)
Can you let us know which Service Center was this?

I shall PM the details to you. Don't want to put it on public forum in case I need to visit the same ASS :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3911592)
The experience was nothing short of poor.

Unfortunate that you have had a poor experience. I guess the experience largely depends on the dealer. Try another dealer for servicing in the future, if that is possible?

Take my example. There are 3 Honda dealers' here in Kolkata. I have always bought from Pinnacle Honda and my experience has always been really good (buying as well as after-sales). On the other hand, my friend had bought through one of the other two dealers' (Eastern Honda or Shree Honda), can't remember which one it was. He has never said a good word about that dealer. My first 2 Citys' (1998 & 2004) were from Windsor Honda (now closed) and my experience there wasn't awful, but was not good either.

Similarly, I have lost all hope with the VW dealer (OSL Exclusive) here. They are absolutely hopeless!

On another note, I am now waiting to take delivery of my VX-MT Petrol by end-Feb. The car has been dispatched from the factory sometime last week. Checked the VIN and found it to be a Feb 2016 manufactured car. Can't wait to bring her home. This is going to be my 4th City :uncontrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 3912777)
Guys
There are 1 or 2 Oct/Nov 2015 CITY VX CVT now. I am planning to buy that with some discounts on it.
Apart from the cash discounts, What extra things that I should be careful if I am getting a 2015 manufactured CITY VX CVT ? So far, I got the confirmation that its Oct or Nov 2015 model only, not any older.

Prem.

This thread is a good reference on the things to look out for buying an older car. Why the car has been sitting unsold from Oct/Nov is the key thing to find out as the City should be a fast moving car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ring-date.html

I've been observing a (metal on metal kind of "thak") sharp sound whenever the front wheels go over a pothole or a depression in the road (like the tar dug up across the road).

The sound does not occur if the wheel goes slowly over/into the pothole. The sound is heard when the wheel enters/rather falls into the depression/pothole.

Did some search on the same and its possible that the sound is coming from around the sway-bar bushings.
Have anyone faced the same sound/behaviour?

Am wondering whether none of you guys are facing the pungent smell issue , as mentioned in the thread below.
"""
http://www.consumercourt.in/car/1389...r26cg2999.html
"""

Am having this issue right from car purchase ( May 2014 make). It will be obvious when somebody newly board the car/ when you dont have any masking car freshner. Even in case of car freshners, this pungent smell will mix up with it and you wont feel the fresher smell as it is ( will be slightly changed ). I have done all the homeworks for possible fungal infection along AC duct. No, i can firmly say that, it is from interiors. Have shot a mail to Honda customer care and am going to follow up with it. Will post on the updates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostinride (Post 3914300)
Have shot a mail to Honda customer care and am going to follow up with it. Will post on the updates.

Please keep us posted. Am really interested in this. I have a May 2012 iVtec. If possible and if you have Honda's (not dealers) number/email ID - please do share over PM.
I always used to drive the car with A/C under internal circulation due to the heavy pollution in Blr. i used to get whiffs of extremely burning toxic smell for about 5 second and then disappear. These bouts of 5 seconds would happen approximately ever one hour of my driving cycle. Sometime during long hauls, it used to happen more frequently. Had spoken to my SA in Blr, they cleand up the air duct. The smell was still coming.
After relocating from Blr, my service advisor in Coimbatore showed me the evaporator coil. It was covered with grime and dust. A complete cleanup was done and since them am using the A/C in external-air circulation mode. i dont get this toxic smell. Shall keep an eye/nose out for this closely in the next few months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeprevving (Post 3894017)
I own a 2012 Honda City. I would like to know if anyone has ever thought of installing plastic wheel arc liners for the rear wheel. The rear wheel area, as marked in the image is a major eye-sore, and easily accumulates a lot of dirt. The edges are too sharp. There is a chance one could hurt himself while cleaning the area.

I am surprised Honda is using maruti style hub caps in your car.

Honda , globally had always used hub caps with holes, positioned between the wheel and the nuts. To remove the cap you need to remove the nuts.

One of the most talked about drawback of the all new Honda City is the poor OEM high beam. Since me and my friends travel a lot at night in the city we were affected by the same badly. So we installed the OSRAM Night Breaker. It has improved the vision levels by a very high margin. I personally feel it's at least two folds better than the OEM stuff. It was a simple bulb replacement with no requirement of adding a ballast or relay. The work was done at Sri Radio Ware House, Anna Nagar. A very quick and neat job was done by them. For details regarding the shop kindly PM me.
I have attached a few picture to show you the difference.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20160215_222237.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20160215_222252.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20160215_222312.jpg
The Throw is simply fantastic and visibility is great too. It costed around 1600 including installation charges.