Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-312.html)

Well, the lightest diesel engine in India is the one on Celerio diesel and it weighs an unbeatable 85kgs!

PDI query -

I was supposed to get the delivery of my VX CVT today. I was on my way to the showroom gushing with excitement and thrill to lay my hand on the beauty when I got the call from the sales guy that they found some fault in the air conditioning and gears (sic) due to which they are now sending the car back to Honda. He told me he will call me in a couple of days to tell me when I can take the delivery. I can't begin to express how disgruntled I was and the disappointment on the face of my 3 year old's face when I told her she's not going to get her new car today.

But coming back to my query - the dealer had told me about a week ago that the car's there in their stockyard and I can take the delivery whenever I wanted to. Which means they had at least 5 days to run their tests and inspections, yet they did all of that just hours before the delivery time. Is this usual? Do they wait till the last moment to do their tests? The reason why I ask is I doubt if they gave my car to someone else who probably offered them a premium or was a known 'sourceful' guy and to settle me down they just lied that there was a fault in the car.

Anyway, another painstaking week before I get the car now... Wait continues...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugz (Post 3930482)
PDI query -

I was supposed to get the delivery of my VX CVT today. I was on my way to the showroom gushing with excitement and thrill to lay my hand on the beauty when I got the call from the sales guy that they found some fault in the air conditioning and gears (sic) due to which they are now sending the car back to Honda. He told me he will call me in a couple of days to tell me when I can take the delivery. I can't begin to express how disgruntled I was and the disappointment on the face of my 3 year old's face when I told her she's not going to get her new car today.

But coming back to my query - the dealer had told me about a week ago that the car's there in their stockyard and I can take the delivery whenever I wanted to. Which means they had at least 5 days to run their tests and inspections, yet they did all of that just hours before the delivery time. Is this usual? Do they wait till the last moment to do their tests? The reason why I ask is I doubt if they gave my car to someone else who probably offered them a premium or was a known 'sourceful' guy and to settle me down they just lied that there was a fault in the car.

Anyway, another painstaking week before I get the car now... Wait continues...

Well, the positive way to look at it is that the dealer did not pass on a lemon to you.
One week maybe a better bargain than an ownership riddled with doubts about the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugz (Post 3930482)
The reason why I ask is I doubt if they gave my car to someone else who probably offered them a premium

This is what I feel would have happened and they are telling silly stories of AC issues etc. They would have found a buyer at a higher price than what you were paying hence they gave it off there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik hill (Post 3930519)
Well, the positive way to look at it is that the dealer did not pass on a lemon to you.
One week maybe a better bargain than an ownership riddled with doubts about the car.

I think the other way round as I mentioned above. You may be right but I feel that they would have sold it off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugz (Post 3930482)
PDI query -

I was supposed to get the delivery of my VX CVT today. I was on my way to the showroom gushing with excitement and thrill to lay my hand on the beauty when I got the call from the sales guy that they found some fault in the air conditioning and gears (sic) due to which they are now sending the car back to Honda. He told me he will call me in a couple of days to tell me when I can take the delivery. I can't begin to express how disgruntled I was and the disappointment on the face of my 3 year old's face when I told her she's not going to get her new car today.

But coming back to my query - the dealer had told me about a week ago that the car's there in their stockyard and I can take the delivery whenever I wanted to. Which means they had at least 5 days to run their tests and inspections, yet they did all of that just hours before the delivery time. Is this usual? Do they wait till the last moment to do their tests? The reason why I ask is I doubt if they gave my car to someone else who probably offered them a premium or was a known 'sourceful' guy and to settle me down they just lied that there was a fault in the car.

Anyway, another painstaking week before I get the car now... Wait continues...

Did you get the VIN/Chasis number of the car that was allocated to you before the day of delivery ? If so, you might be able to check on the RTO web-site if it was given to someone else.
Another way to cross check is to talk to Honda customer care [not the dealer] about this to find out if the car really reached back the Honda plant.

Either way, you should ask for a different [new] car since there has been a doubt created with this car already.

Not so good with the different [new] car would be
[1] you would need to wait for few weeks if there is no stock of VX CVT
[2] you would have to pay the new/increased price. I think, its about 60K ?

Good luck !
Prem.

Sorry to hear that. I think you should have visited their stockyard to confirm that.
Recently I bought a car (not honda. its a hyundai). The SA shared the vin and I checked it in their stockyard. (The day after it arrived). After 5 days or so, someone called me. He told my car was going for PDI and asked if I wanted any accessories fitted. So it means they may not do PDI right after the car arrives from the factory and 5 days seems to be normal.


Quote:

Originally Posted by jugz (Post 3930482)
PDI query -

I was supposed to get the delivery of my VX CVT today. I was on my way to the showroom gushing with excitement and thrill to lay my hand on the beauty when I got the call from the sales guy that they found some fault in the air conditioning and gears (sic) due to which they are now sending the car back to Honda. He told me he will call me in a couple of days to tell me when I can take the delivery. I can't begin to express how disgruntled I was and the disappointment on the face of my 3 year old's face when I told her she's not going to get her new car today.

But coming back to my query - the dealer had told me about a week ago that the car's there in their stockyard and I can take the delivery whenever I wanted to. Which means they had at least 5 days to run their tests and inspections, yet they did all of that just hours before the delivery time. Is this usual? Do they wait till the last moment to do their tests? The reason why I ask is I doubt if they gave my car to someone else who probably offered them a premium or was a known 'sourceful' guy and to settle me down they just lied that there was a fault in the car.

Anyway, another painstaking week before I get the car now... Wait continues...


Hello team,
Race dynamics has both single and dual channel box for Honda 1.5 idtec diesel engine. My friend is getting installed a dual channel box today.
Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3928490)
Opinion needed

Why Honda Assure and not independent fellows? I have had a claim when I had the independent insurance and there was no issue whatsoever getting cashless benefits. Also, Honda Assure is much more expensive than independent guys. It's their excellent marketing (read: lying) which makes folks stick to them.

I agree online websites might not be the best. Try any insurance broker (like what I did) - they are normally cheaper. Now is a good time considering year-end targets and you might get a good deal.

Having said that, my Dzire is with Maruti Insurance. Somehow they are always able to quote at par if not lower than independents!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adithya.kp (Post 3930646)
Sorry to hear that. I think you should have visited their stockyard to confirm that.
Recently I bought a car (not honda. its a hyundai). The SA shared the vin and I checked it in their stockyard. (The day after it arrived). After 5 days or so, someone called me. He told my car was going for PDI and asked if I wanted any accessories fitted. So it means they may not do PDI right after the car arrives from the factory and 5 days seems to be normal.

Thanks for your input, guys. Update from the dealer is that they'll be getting the 'new' car on Wednesday and the dealer has agreed to show me the invoice matching the VIN of the car that will be delivered so I know for sure that it's a new one.

I know it could still be the 'old' one but I guess there's not much scope to do here besides hoping the 'new' is fault free....

So the wait continues....

I am getting my City VX(O) 2016 model delivered tomorrow. I know it is loaded with all the bells and whistles and there is not much I can add as accessory. Dealer is giving Floor mats and Mud flap as free and just out of curiosity I have opted for Connect module at 2999.
When i went through the accessory list, I am tempted to get few fancy ones such as
Foot light - 2000
Side step illumination - 5600
Sports pedal - 3400

Price from the dealer looks on the higher side compared to the online/after market rates. What is your suggestion on this?

PS: I have attached the latest accessory price list for the benefit of others as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3931397)
Hello team,
Race dynamics has both single and dual channel box for Honda 1.5 idtec diesel engine. My friend is getting installed a dual channel box today.
Cheers!

Pardon my ignorance but can you please tell me what are these dual channel and single channel boxes?

Guys
Finally, my review is up and live @ Beast to Baby.
Open for your comments and questions.

Prem.

Anyone here opted for Honda Connect? I am curious to hear what other users' have to say about their experience of using it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz (Post 3932328)
I am getting my City VX(O) 2016 model delivered tomorrow. I know it is loaded with all the bells and whistles and there is not much I can add as accessory. Dealer is giving Floor mats and Mud flap as free and just out of curiosity I have opted for Connect module at 2999.
When i went through the accessory list, I am tempted to get few fancy ones such as
Foot light - 2000
Side step illumination - 5600
Sports pedal - 3400

Price from the dealer looks on the higher side compared to the online/after market rates. What is your suggestion on this?

PS: I have attached the latest accessory price list for the benefit of others as well.

Rear spoiler 20k ???? :deadhorse The prices are way above the market. Cosmetics should definitely not be bought from them. It's a waste of money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 3933657)
Anyone here opted for Honda Connect? I am curious to hear what other users' have to say about their experience of using it.

Hi I have the device. I find it useful to ensure the driver is not abusing the car by taking joyrides or driving rashly. I also use it for service bookings.
You will need to purchase an annual data package within a month or so of buying the car which is approx. Rs. 1250.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:00.