Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2016, 08:30   #4696
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hi,

Anyone who has bought the following accessories from the showroom pls advice.
1. The Side Illumination Scuff plates
2. The Sun Visor
3. Sports Pedals MT.

I have browsed through the thread and can't find any close pics of the scuff plates. Planning to pick it up from the showroom cos I want it to feel premium and also not void any warranty. But will add it only if it really adds some aesthetic value.

Planning to Change tyres to 195/60 R 15 Conti MC5. Also planning to go for Jackspeed Seat cover that is close to the OE colour interiors, I think it's leatherette or PU. Please pardon ignorance.Had visited Jeewajee for the same and they wanted a weeks time for ordering the same.

Will do the 3M Underbody coating and some very mild tints only to save myself n family from the real harsh summer.
Kindly advice regarding any must have accessories or incase it's not advisable to go for any of these accessories.

Was thinking of a head lamp and horn upgrade but then I let it pass due to the warranty issues.

And the dealership is Charging is Rs. 6249 for the Honda Connect Device, is that right or should I haggle with them for a discount?

TIA

Last edited by manjith_pm : 27th March 2016 at 08:39. Reason: Added query regarding Honda Connect
Old 27th March 2016, 14:12   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Heey Punit. Congratulations on your new ride.
By the JL audio components do you mean tweeters?
I got Tweeters and pair of front speakers...Have kept thew rear ones as it is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Wow all that for just 3500?
Yes in fact..i was listed for INR 6200 MRP...But the guy was good and was willing to give it for INR 3500 as the manufacturing was 2014..However tested hte speakers and tweeters prior to fitting them and they sound great..

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Hi,

Has anyone bought 3D Mats online for their City lately, If so could you post or PM me the link please. I need to change them for my G3 Honda City.

On a side note its 6.5 Years old now and one heck of a reliable vehicle. For me it has been like Niggles. What does that even mean?
I got 3D mats from a loical shop..they have all kinds of varieties from INR 900- INR 6000 ..the the 3M Mats are good.
Old 27th March 2016, 19:06   #4698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Hi,

Anyone who has bought the following accessories from the showroom pls advice.
1. The Side Illumination Scuff plates
2. The Sun Visor
3. Sports Pedals MT.
I did the exact 3 things. My Sports pedals are AT though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ty-vx-cvt.html

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 22:11   #4699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
I got Tweeters and pair of front speakers...Have kept thew rear ones as it is..

Yes in fact..i was listed for INR 6200 MRP...But the guy was good and was willing to give it for INR 3500 as the manufacturing was 2014..However tested hte speakers and tweeters prior to fitting them and they sound great..
So how is the overall sound quality now? Is it comparable to the V or VX's system?
Old 29th March 2016, 15:26   #4700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
This is a very useful device for keeping an eye on the driver, but how accurate is the data you receive? Yes, you have to purchase the annual data pack after a month of usage. The first month is free.

At the moment, I am not totally satisfied. Some of the trips I make are accurately recorded, but most of the times the device seems to wake up after I have already started my journey and on some occasions it does not log any data at all!

Please refer to the screenshots I have posted to see the scenarios which I described above.

This is an example of the trip details being logged accurately

Attachment 1487214
Inaccurate data shown. It shows me driving across buildings, fields, etc.!

Attachment 1487215
The device started recording accurately towards the end of the journey (near the 'Park Street' lettering)

Attachment 1487216
No data recorded

I don't know if this is an issue with just my device or this is normal for all users. Would be grateful for any inputs.
Hey. I have not had any significant issue, yes there is a lag once in a while but by and large seems fairly accurate to me.
Old 29th March 2016, 17:24   #4701
BHPian

Hi,

Is the RSA from Honda worth paying for considering the Insurance company is providing a similar service?

Also any remarks on the Honda Connect Device.
Is it useful, the dealer is charging 6249 and the car I'm picking up will be primarily driven by family members and comparatively less Highway runs, should I go for the same?

Discounting RSA and Honda Connect I save around 10-11k straight. Pls advice.
Old 29th March 2016, 18:23   #4702
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Is the RSA from Honda worth paying for considering the Insurance company is providing a similar service?

Is it useful, the dealer is charging 6249 and the car I'm picking up will be primarily driven by family members and comparatively less Highway runs, should I go for the same?

I doubt there would be any incident with Hondas or Marutis within warranty where you'd need the RSA so I haven't taken it. These cars are generally extremely reliable. As for Honda connect I haven't tried it out personally but check the previous posts, some people have commented on it.

Last edited by mxh : 29th March 2016 at 18:28.
Old 29th March 2016, 21:30   #4703
BHPian

Quote:
The insurance RSA has more benefits, coverage and comes at a cheaper price too. I have personally opted for the insurance one.
Old 29th March 2016, 22:27   #4704

Quote:
Hi,

I took both these options with my CVT.

RSA - Not because I doubted Honda's stabilty but for the peace of mind when travelling with family even in the odd hours of the day. RSA can come handy in any unfortunate incident or even during a flat tyre situation. Plus it's across India for 4 years so another big advantage.

Honda Connect - My intial experience isn't anything out of ordinary. I will post some pics but the trips aren't recorded properly and shows incorrect route i.e. erroneous tracking of the route taken. I wish there were more options on car health, it's quite basic for my liking. I like the fuel log which helps track Mileage, locate car option is good, some trip related info that we get like Average speed, idle time, distance covered are all good to know and also the location sharing option can come handy when you want to share your where being with family. Additionally, it helps you track due dates for pollution check, service and Insurance. I just booked my first service from the app which was a breeze, hope it all goes well. So all on all, its a mixed bag till now. I sure hope Honda adds some more features to make it more useful.
Old 30th March 2016, 21:16   #4705

Hi folks,

Long time lurker. Recently joined the forums. Bought a Honda City VX diesel recently just one day before the March price hike. It costed 14lakh. I wanted a white but carnelian red pearl stole hearts as we saw it in the showroom so bought the red beast. Only problem is its a similar shade to our existing car. Still went with the red though. Got rear sensors, body cover and mats as freebies from dealer. Bought bumper protectors and illuminated side step accessories. Will post a detailed review after few months usage.

I have few questions regarding the features.

1. Does it have speed sensing volume control? Some reviews did mention this feature. If it does have, is it enabled by default or should I turn it on manually in the audio system? The audio system is pain to use actually. Browsing through the folders with the rotating knob is not convenient(or am in doing it wrong?). The feather touch AC and this audio system aare classes apart.

2. Did honda do something about nvh levels in 2016 models? I heard that nvh levels are too much but I found it to be not really that bothering. My car is vx trim btw if it matters. Of course it is not as silent as a petrol. I took a test drive of new vento diesel and found nvh to be similar if not better. I'm guessing different people have different levels of acceptance for nvh levels. Just hoping it doesn't get worse in few months.

3. My local friendly workshop guy is asking to go for underbody coating. He is quoting some 2k. Should I go for it? Our old Indigo didn't have any problem without it.

4. Is it possible to make IRVMs auto foldable? I'd really love to. I always forget to fold them in before getting out of the car.

5. Do you guys suggest to go with any paint protection? The maroon shade on our old car did shade a bit but it was kept outdoors mostly. We will be keeping the city in indoor parking most of the times.

6. How does the pinch guard for driver window work? I tried stopping the window with my hand but it doesn't stop and seemed eager to cut through my hand.

Sorry for so many questions in the first post itself guys.

My FE reads 16.1 kmpl at 850 kms done. Believe me or not I never got a chance to engage 6th gear in these 850 since I haven't gone onto highways yet.
Old 31st March 2016, 09:59   #4706
BHPian

Congrats on your new car! I too got mine 2 weeks back and I will try to answer few of your queries from whatever I know.

Quote:
1. Does it have speed sensing volume control? Some reviews did mention this feature
I will skip this question for two reasons. First, I have the version with AVN system and second, I have not driven at higher speeds yet. All my driving in the past 500KM was within the city and only once I could reach the speed of 80 on my early morning drive to airport.

Quote:
2. Did honda do something about nvh levels in 2016 models
It seems Honda has improved on this front over the past two years. I owned a vento before this and I felt the NVH levels are at par for both the cars.

Quote:
3. My local friendly workshop guy is asking to go for underbody coating
I got the underbody coating done from the 3M center with 5 year warranty. I am not sure of the long term benefits but the immediate improvement I observed is the reduction in amount of road noise getting into the cabin.

Quote:
4. Is it possible to make IRVMs auto foldable?
I checked with all the dealers in the town and it is not possible as per them. There is nothing much in the web as well about this feature activation and it seems we have to live with it

Quote:
5. Do you guys suggest to go with any paint protection?
Yes, if it is done at any professional detailers. Dont go for the dealer provided offers or I would say not even the 3M centers are worth going for this.

Quote:
6. How does the pinch guard for driver window work?
If you keep any object in between the glass and the window pane when the glass is being rolled up, It should go back on hitting the object. I checked in my car and it worked for the driver side window which has the auto roll up/down function.

Since City has short gear shifts, I find it difficult to maintain the rpm below 2000 even at city speed limits on lower gears. At a speed of 40 I had to be in the 4th gear or else rpm will shoot up and I dont want to go beyond 2000rpm during the run in period. I got to the 6th gear at the speed of 80kmph only once on one of my early morning airport drive.

This weekend I have plans to take it to the first highway drive of around 300KM and I would be able to experience the true potential of the i-dtec engine.
Old 31st March 2016, 11:48   #4707
mxh
BHPian

I don't really find the need for underbody coatings. I live in one of the most humid places in India, i.e. Mumbai and that too near the sea. The underbody hasn't rusted in any of my cars so far which were kept between 5-11 years. The body panels start rusting after around 8 years but not the underbody. In fact I think these coatings and chemicals might do some harm to the components or generate heat. And if I find the underbody rusting in my car I wouldn't buy that brand of car again.

In other news I sent my City once again to Solitaire Honda Andheri Mumbai for checking on the rough gearbox issue in gear 1 and 2. The gearbox is really pathetic in this car, the worst I have ever used in any car. It even makes noise while changing the gears and the gear lever vibrates in 3rd gear. Sometimes 1st gear just refuses to engage and moving between any gear and 1st and 2nd gear is like moving the gear through gravel like obstructions. The result of the visit- Solitaire Honda made some "adjustments" and couldn't resolve the issue whatsoever but has created a new issue- Vibration in the ABC pedals while accelerating, which is very annoying. I am at my wits end with these incompetent service station guys, they are unable to resolve any issue and instead create new issues and return the vehicle and keep asking for feedback for the visits.

Last edited by mxh : 31st March 2016 at 11:50.
Old 31st March 2016, 21:59   #4708
BHPian

This article on some simple do's and don'ts of an automatic transmission might be of interest of many friends here:
Old 31st March 2016, 23:10   #4709
BHPian

Gentlemen, I have an V Idtec bought in Aug 15. It was one of the vehicles which was recalled for fuel pipe replacement and I got it done along with the throes free service this weekend. My life mileage figure was about 21.9 when I got the service done and was at this for more than 3 months. Now after the service I noted that it shows 14 on the odo and after driving for about 150 kms on the highway and Delhi it has climbed back to 22 or so. However it has become super sensitive note that even a five km drive will move it. Can you please help me understand what could be going on here? Thanks much
Old 1st April 2016, 00:19   #4710
BHPian

Hey - see my responses in bold below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firef0x View Post
1. Does it have speed sensing volume control?
Yes, the V & VX versions do have it (at least it's there on my V). Even the official review has covered it here. Totally agree that the usability of the system is very poor.

4. Is it possible to make IRVMs auto foldable? I'd really love to. I always forget to fold them in before getting out of the car.
Even if possible, try not to get it done from outside as it might just void your warranty. Honda had declined to do this for me though

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
The gearbox is really pathetic in this car, the worst I have ever used in any car.
I totally agree about the gearbox. Absolutely the worst, esp gears 1 and 2. Also, Solitaire Andheri is very poor when it comes to solving issues. I was in fact told that this gearbox is normal . Also, dashboard noise is normal along with some other quirks! I have learnt to live with these now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks