Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-316.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_spatil (Post 3947163)
This view is corroborated by quite a few fellow members, two of whom have already sold the car and bought other brands.

I was planning on buying the City VX CVT, but after seeing the niggles thread, I am having second thoughts. You have strengthened my doubts. Can you tell me what cars were bought by the other fellow members. I am not able to find a better car in this price range.

2 People sold their cars. :Shockked:

Out of how many? At least about 500-600 Owners as a minimum here on TeamBHP. That's less than 0.5% of the total owners. Everybody has their own taste, perception, expectations. One of the two persons I know went from Honda City to an SUV (Hyundai Creta). It's a shift to a completely different segment / type of cars.

Honda City definitely has its share of niggles. No doubt about it. But if you are looking at a C2 segment petrol sedan, from an overall packaging perspective there is hardly any other car which comes close to Honda City. You either have the space & reliability like that of Honda City and the least power in the segment or you have good build quality and engine but less space, low reliability and After-sales service.

Take your pick accordingly.

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on Team-BHP :).

I Bought Honda City (IVTEC-SVMT) in Dec, 2014. Its first car for me and in my family. My only driving experience before that, is with driving school and some 50 odd kilometers on Toyota Etios (diesel).

Before I decided on a new Honda City, my search went from pre-owned Alto (since I am a novice) to pre-owned Honda City. I zeroed in on a 2012 corporate edition Honda City for 6.5 lakhs. Its in a very good condition, did just 12,000 kms and was only 2 years old.

My family objected to spending that much money on old car and asked me to go for a new one since base E version costs just 2.2 lakhs more.

I chose SV variant even though it's a stretch on my budget. It's probably the most value for money among the 5 variants in my opinion. It has all the major features such as dual airbags, auto touch AC, cruise control, shark fin antenna, telephone control on steering wheel etc...

I booked it in Nov, 2014 and got it delivered on Dec 6th, 2014.

Expenses:

Ex-showroom price (Hyderabad) = ~ Rs 8,50,000
On-road price = ~ Rs 10,20,000 (road tax of 12% + Honda Assure Insurance + 3rd & 4th year extended warranty + Road side assistance + rear parking sensors).

Currently, the same variant costs Rs 9.4 lakhs ex-showroom. In just 15 months, the price has increased by Rs 90,000 and in turn on-road price will be more than Rs 1 lakh extra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3947609)

Out of how many? At least about 500-600 Owners as a minimum here on TeamBHP. That's less than 0.5% of the total owners. Everybody has their own taste, perception, expectations. One of the two persons I know went from Honda City to an SUV (Hyundai Creta). It's a shift to a completely different segment / type of cars.

Honda City definitely has its share of niggles. No doubt about it. But if you are looking at a C2 segment petrol sedan, from an overall packaging perspective there is hardly any other car which comes close to Honda City. You either have the space & reliability like that of Honda City and the least power in the segment or you have good build quality and engine but less space, low reliability and After-sales service.

Thanks Tejas, for your inputs.
:) I own a Linea, an excellent VFM car, and am compelled to change it on account of the ASS issues with Fiat. I am not keen on an SUV and just want to replace my Linea. Honda City is the most likely candidate. The niggles page had me a little worried. However, the competition does not seem to be any better if not worse. I would most probably go for the VX CVT as soon as I get a good price for my Linea.

Hi folks,
Have been looking at the recent posts and thought I would also give my thoughts on the Honda City. I own a VX CVT , its almost two years old now and barring an issue with a door beading that kept coming out and was replaced free of charge, the car has been niggle free and a true pleasure to drive. Awesome space , a brilliant engine and the awesome comfort of an automatic drive that is swift and responsive have made this a brilliant car to own. My car before this was a Linea petrol but manufacturing defects and pathetic aftersales made at a nightmare to own and this car has been a refreshing change. My advice to people evaluating the City is go for it, to me it is a brilliant car and a pleasure to own and drive

Quote:

Honda City definitely has its share of niggles. No doubt about it. But if you are looking at a C2 segment petrol sedan, from an overall packaging perspective there is hardly any other car which comes close to Honda City.

I agree with tejas. I'm in the market to replace my Honda City ZX. After having looked through all the cars in the market, the best overall package offering is still the Honda City.

I feel that Honda is taking undue advantage of this and is busy minting money by cost cutting. This may come back to bite them in the a** however with the lack any strong competition that checks all boxes, we are stuck though the engine still is a beauty. The upcoming Verna may change that.

I'm waiting for the new Elantra to make up my mind. I don't want to buy the new City because it 'feels' like a downgrade from my car.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me out here.

While driving last night, I felt something fall out from under the dashboard/steering column/pedals area. I stopped on the side of the road and found this part lying on the floor mat near my feet. I have no idea what this is, but the car drives perfectly as it used to. Confused about what does it do and if I should get this checked out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 3948354)
I would be grateful if anyone could help me out here.

While driving last night, I felt something fall out from under the dashboard/steering column/pedals area. I stopped on the side of the road and found this part lying on the floor mat near my feet. I have no idea what this is, but the car drives perfectly as it used to. Confused about what does it do and if I should get this checked out.

This looks like a clamp to hold wires or a harness or something. There are plenty of cables running underneath the dash. I wont be too worried about it. Keep it safe and ask the ASC guys to fix it whenever your car goes for service.

On a related note, this exemplifies the problem with the City. Build quality is really bad. Parts falling off a 12L sedan is just not acceptable.

Hi Guys,
One of my friends is confused between City VX and Creta SX+ ( both petrol manual). His main query is whether the city's engine is way better than creta's engine. ( in terms of refinement, performance etc. he is not bothered about mileage). Thanks. ( Note: although i myself have a creta petrol, I have no idea which one is better. I am no expert in this matter)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adithya.kp (Post 3948414)
Hi Guys,
One of my friends is confused between City VX and Creta SX+ ( both petrol manual). His main query is whether the city's engine is way better than creta's engine. ( in terms of refinement, performance etc. he is not bothered about mileage). Thanks. ( Note: although i myself have a creta petrol, I have no idea which one is better. I am no expert in this matter)

If refinement and performance is what you're looking for, I think you should look no further than the creamy yet powerful Honda i-vtec. It's an all-round champion. I'm addicted to that sound when it's happily high- revving to glory.

The Hyundai engine is OK but when you're talking performance, you can't doubt a Honda engine. Whether you are racing, commuting, blasting out on the highway, wherever you go, whatever you want to do, there's a Honda engine which can get you orgasmic.

I hope I'm not going over the top. I'm a Honda fan, you see. So can't help it.

Quote:

I agree. I own a Honda City and I'm so in love with it, forget selling off. My only niggle so far was a stupid drawer lock which was slightly lose and was replaced free of cost. Another problem was of alignment as I faced small vibration above 100kmph which was fixed within 15minutes.

I have not faced any other problem so far. I love the cruise option which keeps me relaxed in highways. No other car in this segment offers Cruise. Our family owns a Duster also thus I wanted to own a sedan and I looked at Verna, Vento and Honda City was far far better in terms of overall package.

To all buyers out there, IF you want to buy a Sedan today then Honda City is the best overall package at this price point. Don't believe me? Sit in all sedans and take a test drive. You'll know :) clap:

Hi guys,
Has anyone seen the BR-V? How does it compare with the City qualitywise? Features and price seem to be on par with the City. Is it worth waiting for?

Anyone went with DRL alone setup? How much do they cost ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3948382)
This looks like a clamp to hold wires or a harness or something. There are plenty of cables running underneath the dash. I wont be too worried about it. Keep it safe and ask the ASC guys to fix it whenever your car goes for service.

On a related note, this exemplifies the problem with the City. Build quality is really bad. Parts falling off a 12L sedan is just not acceptable.

Seems as though honda have started to take the hyundai route, stuff the car with features , then build the rest of the car with thats left of the allotted budget :Frustrate . As a honda owner for the past 13 years ,a happy one at that too , its disappointing to see such shoddy quality. hope honda reflect back on such issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_spatil (Post 3948818)
Hi guys,
Has anyone seen the BR-V? How does it compare with the City qualitywise? Features and price seem to be on par with the City. Is it worth waiting for?

Well, its based on the Brio and the cabin is a mix and mash of Jazz, Brio and City parts. I expect it to be worse than the City in terms of build quality.

I am planning to book a SV CVT here @Chennai, I checked with two of the dealers and both said no Offer going on currently (No bonus also if I exchange my ZX Gxi). They can give 7K corporate discount and basic floor mat free. When I insited further he said he can give the fitting charges free for the AVN which I am planning to buy.
Friends, please help if you have any leads on better deals or any contact.