Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-324.html)

Honda needs to pull up its socks again now.... A new hybrid wouldn't do any harm. I bet they have the needed tech already running on cars in some country

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3991599)
Honda City loses the segment leader title to Maruti Ciaz. 3305 units of City were shipped compared to 5188 units of Ciaz last month. Maruti is able to do this strong come back by clever implementation of SVHS strategy and recent additional price cuts in Delhi for hybrid cars.

Source : Auto Punditz

May be this is the reason for a half page ad in today's TOI, with the caption "The City makes way for the Leader" lol:
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/G...pe=A&eid=31807

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz (Post 3991757)
May be this is the reason for a half page ad in today's TOI, with the caption "The City makes way for the Leader" lol:


The Ciaz targeting the City again:D

On a similar note http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-luggage.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 3991297)
Hi
.


Took the vehicle to HASS in Coimbatore. The technician checked this and confirmed its a case of gas top up need. The thermostat is working fine. His hypothesis was that as the car runs at constant speed for a long time the gas consumption varies. (Am confused but he was not able to convince me). Showed him photos of the ice formation and he said that it happens in all the vehicles (really???).
He has guarantees that with the gas (freon) topup this would be fixed. If not he has asked me to bring it back again and would do the work free of cost.
This is his quote. I told him he should only charge me for the gas and labor. He said that The last 500 bucks is just put there for estimation but might not be needed.
PS unable to upload the estimate photo from phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuelInjector (Post 3992400)
Took the vehicle to HASS in Coimbatore. The technician checked this and confirmed its a case of gas top up need. The thermostat is working fine. His hypothesis was that as the car runs at constant speed for a long time the gas consumption varies. (Am confused but he was not able to convince me). Showed him photos of the ice formation and he said that it happens in all the vehicles (really???).
He has guarantees that with the gas (freon) topup this would be fixed.

That's utter BS. If gas is low, no matter how low, ice will never form. He's trying to cover up some goof up they did and just explaining some crap reason because you noticed and reported it in time. Otherwise you would only come to know after the damage would have been done.

Ice forms only in two situations. Thermostat failure or then expansion valve blockage. In the latter, I've will form near the expansion valve though.

Anyway, since you're sorted now, have fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 3992480)

Ice forms only in two situations. Thermostat failure or then expansion valve blockage. In the latter, I've will form near the expansion valve though.

Anyway, since you're sorted now, have fun.

The ASS guy knows nothing about the car and its functioning. It was the AC technician who explained this. I see your point and am going to stick to the argument.
His argument is , if thermostat fails the compressor continues to run and the cooling should continue and not stop. He says when the gas is low, the conduction rate of cooling is lost onto the pipes. So instead of usual condensation it results in the cooling of pipes and ice formation. As the ice has formed the cooling air does not reach till the blower.
Am going to do a repeat TD over the weekend to prove him wrong or right.

Thanks a lot for your inputs. It's helping me hold up an argument and that is not taking this lightly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuelInjector (Post 3992400)
He has guarantees that with the gas (freon) topup this would be fixed. If not he has asked me to bring it back again and would do the work free of cost.

We had an AC problem (not enough cooling inside the car) in our Maruti 800 last year. From the forum I found the contact for WeCool near Garuda Mall. The gentleman who owns the place Mr.Tobias is a very experienced technician.

According to him, gas top up is not required with normal usage during the average life of the car, say 5 years on the lower side. Almost always, gas top top is necessary only if there is a leak and again doing that top up alone will not fix the root cause which is the leak.
The first thing they did was to fill the gas and note the reading down, they also scribbled it on the pipes with a white marker. After this, he asked me to use the car normally for a couple of days and then take it back.
After couple of days I took it back where they measured the gas and found that indeed there was a leak.

Note that these leaks are not easily found by just inspecting it with the eye, they also immerse it in a tub of water to find out where the leak is, like how tubes of tyres are checked for punctures :)

Regular A.S.S folks usually don't have enough expertise when it comes to things like AC.
Coimbatore was known for it's car AC service centres so please take it there to one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuelInjector (Post 3991514)
Regular A.S.S folks usually don't have enough expertise when it comes to things like AC.
Coimbatore was known for it's car AC service centres so please take it there to one of them.

thanks. am planning to take it to a known friend of mine.

Let me throw some light on the audacity of the ASS guy.
He says, the gas was topped up, the valves were cleaned. Then shows me a bill of 2100 bucks. I ask him for split up - he gives me
Gas - 600 + taxes
Labour - 750 + taxes
Compressor oil - 500 + taxes :eek:
Asked him to explain what a compressor oil is and why he charged me for that. He was unsure, calls up the technician, then says, sorry - thats not needed. he produces a bill of 1500. Am going to send an email to the Honda guys about this incident.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_2574.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3991599)
Honda City loses the segment leader title to Maruti Ciaz. 3305 units of City were shipped compared to 5188 units of Ciaz last month. Maruti is able to do this strong come back by clever implementation of SVHS strategy and recent additional price cuts in Delhi for hybrid cars.

Source : Auto Punditz

One of the main reasons for this has to be the pricing, we had earlier purchased the ANHC V MT at an On-Road price of around 11.25L in October 2015, the same car fast forward to June 2016 is priced at 12.29L On-Road without any changes. The reason for the same being the increase in ex-showroom price, which takes it above the 10L barrier and then there's a consecutive increase in taxes, making the otherwise well loaded car too costly to consider. Especially when the other segment alternative Ciaz has smartly priced it's top-end variant below the 10L barrier and gets all the accompanying tax benefits.

The customer is left to choose from either the Mid SV MT variant of the City or the fully equipped Top-end variant of the Ciaz. Then there's the fact that the City and Ciaz are almost identical to each other except for the gem of 1.5L iVTEC that city comes equipped with, and paying a premium of over a lakh or maybe two just for the engine isn't worthwhile to many prospective buyers. Just my two-cents! :D

Honda City petrol to get six-speed gearbox.

The Petrol City will benefit from the same six-speed gearbox that is used on the BR-V.

Quote:

Honda Car India is in the process of updating its current City, and is planning to equip the petrol version of the car with a six-speed manual gearbox. The addition of a gear will amount to an even spread of ratios and a taller sixth will ultimately lead to better fuel efficiency. This is sure to give the City an edge over segment rivals which are, like the current City, equipped with five-speed
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ox-402236.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno (Post 3994596)
One of the main reasons for this has to be the pricing, ... ,and paying a premium of over a lakh or maybe two just for the engine isn't worthwhile to many prospective buyers. Just my two-cents!

Agree with you. Around 6 years back when I bought my SX4, the main competitor for that was the City. But variant to variant, the price difference was almost 2 lacs and I decided not to splurge.

Fast forward to 2014 when I sold the SX4, I went for the new City (V-MT) as I wanted petrol, the Ciaz petrol sucks, and the price difference was around 1 lac or so.

Again in 2016, situation seems to be same as in 2010. The City is almost 1.5 (petrol) to 2.5 (diesel) lacs more expensive than Ciaz. The Ciaz has built up a decent brand name for itself unlike the SX4 which is the primary reason for City to suffer and Ciaz to benefit.

Moving forward, I see City ruling in petrol segment and Ciaz in diesel. The petrol engine is just awesome in the City and the price is awesome for the diesel Ciaz!

Was on my home when I spotted a Honda City (Latest model) with LED lights. I was stunned looking at it.

Absolutely gorgeous and did suit the car very well. Here is a picture of it:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20160614_192829.jpg

Casually looked up AliExpress for this type of lights for the City and to my surprise it was there in the list. Here is the link.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-...6-8bcf4a600e25

These tail lamps have become extremely common. Having been spotting a lot of people using these lamps, infact one of my friend has also installed the same in his City.
They call it BMW like Tail lamps in the after market shops lol:

Generally, Accessories and modifications stores charges between Rs. 13,000 - Rs. 17,000 for the same. So, the same at Aliexpress retailing for Rs. 20,000 is expensive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3991599)
Honda City loses the segment leader title to Maruti Ciaz. 3305 units of City were shipped compared to 5188 units of Ciaz last month. Maruti is able to do this strong come back by clever implementation of SVHS strategy and recent additional price cuts in Delhi for hybrid cars.

Source : Auto Punditz

We have to see the numbers for several months to be completely sure if Ciaz is really out selling the city.

This could be a temporary dip: Honda not having enough petrol production bandwidth due to unexpected customer preference switch to petrols or the effect of BRV production going full steam. We had seen a similar dip when Mobilio was launched.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 3997333)
We have to see the numbers for several months to be completely sure if Ciaz is really out selling the city.

This could be a temporary dip: Honda not having enough petrol production bandwidth due to unexpected customer preference switch to petrols or the effect of BRV production going full steam. We had seen a similar dip when Mobilio was launched.

Total dispatch of Honda cars were less than production capacity. There was significant drop even in overall figures. Waiting for this month sale figures to get a better idea.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:05.