Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-327.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4005777)
Thank you MCR.
Is there a notable difference after the upgrade ?
My primary reason for looking to change is to have reduced road/tire noise.

Prem.

Welcome Prem.

The ride quality has improved a lot, as well as the braking performance which for me has been the biggest plus. Road noise has definitely reduced, thanks to the better build quality of Yoko Earth 1.

Thanks again, MCR.

Is this http://www.yokohama-india.com/product/avs_db/ a new model arrived OR just that none tried it yet on Honda City ?

All terminologies seem great with the above model :)

Prem.

Auto-lock feature was introduced in the current model, i.e. the one launched in 2014.

Quoting from official review post #8: The doors lock automatically by the time you hit 20 kph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amar.madhavan (Post 4005582)
As far as I'm aware, city doesn't have auto locking of door with speed or time. I had checked this with honda service center for my 2013 City VAT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4005623)
My City VX CVT of 2015 has auto locking based on speed. I think, its over 15 KMPH or closer to 20 KMPH.


Quote:

Originally Posted by amar.madhavan (Post 4005684)

I'm still running on the stock (175/65R15) good year tyres. I'm planning to upgrade to 195/60R15 hoping it will improve the ride, handling, comfort and braking.

Any thoughts/views in this matter will be helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4005755)
Same question is haunting me as well - somehow, am not at all comfortable with the stock tires. Looking to upgrade to 195/60, but am just concerned of any warranty overheads ?
Should I be worried of warranty issues if I upgrade the tires to 195/60 ?

Prem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4005777)
Thank you MCR.
Is there a notable difference after the upgrade ?
My primary reason for looking to change is to have reduced road/tire noise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 4005818)
.... Road noise has definitely reduced, thanks to the better build quality of Yoko Earth 1.

I've used MRF ZVTV stock tyres (175/65/R15) for nearly 2 years before switching to Michelin XM2 195/60/R15.

My experience with the MRF stock tyres was good other than the fact that they lasted only for 32K KM. I could have used them for another 3K KM max, but decided to change them pre-emptively.

I'll list the negatives first:
* After switching to 195/60/R15, the first noticable difference I felt is that the ride is stiffer and thuds on potholes are more pronounced on the 195/60/15 when compared to the stock tyres.
* The car felt much more light and nimble just when starting in the stock tyres. Now I get a feeling that the suspension is definitely lugging heavier tyres.
* Fuel efficiency has reduced by 0.5 to 1 KM per liter.

On the positive side:
The roadnoise has considerably reduced (although I never felt that the roadnoise to be any issue in the stock MRF), the car is much more planted on the road and handles better at higher speeds on the 195/60/15

On a couple of occasions, the rear wheels tended to loose traction at speeds above 120 KM on stock tyres.

I have extended warranty and yet decided to upgrade to Michelin XM2 195/60/15 and these are very good tyres (has higher speed tolerance upto 240 kmph and load limit of 560kg per tyre)

From what I've experienced so far, if you drive max upto 110 kmph, it is not all necessary to upgrade to 195/60/15, stock tyres 175/65 are good enough in all aspects with better efficiency too. I wouldn't have gone for an upgrade in hindsight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 4005818)
Welcome Prem.

The ride quality has improved a lot, as well as the braking performance which for me has been the biggest plus. Road noise has definitely reduced, thanks to the better build quality of Yoko Earth 1.

Hi MCR,

Thanks for the info. Did u evaluate any other options before changing to Yoko Earth1 ? Especially Yoko AVS DB or Michelin 3ST or Continential MC5 ?

If so kindly share your observations...

Thanks
Amar

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4005828)
Thanks again, MCR.

Is this http://www.yokohama-india.com/product/avs_db/ a new model arrived OR just that none tried it yet on Honda City ?

All terminologies seem great with the above model :)

Prem.

My friend is using these tyres on his Fiat Punto. They are definitely good and ofcourse silent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4005999)
I've used MRF ZVTV stock tyres (175/65/R15) for nearly 2 years before switching to Michelin XM2 195/60/R15.


I'll list the negatives first:

On the positive side:

I rode on stock tyres for close to 30K kms in roughly 2 years. MRF ZVTV was the stock tyre and it was pathetic. The grip was horrible and it made a lot of noise.

After switching to Yoko Earth 1, I haven't noticed any disadvantages in terms of humps / road undulations filtering into the cabin. In fact the front end is not scraping the Road humps anymore. The car rolls more freely now and has good grip. The steering requires a bit more effort but this is common.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amar.madhavan (Post 4006015)
Hi MCR,

Thanks for the info. Did u evaluate any other options before changing to Yoko Earth1 ? Especially Yoko AVS DB or Michelin 3ST or Continential MC5 ?

If so kindly share your observations...

Thanks
Amar

I had thought of Michelin XM1, but the side wall is too soft. Since I drive out a lot and there are some terrains with bad roads, I stuck with Yoko earth 1. But its definitely a good idea to switch to Michelin.

Got this fabulous mileage on NH4. I took my ANHC i-vtec from Pune to Dharwad on a weekday.



Most of the time In Maharashtra I used cruise control with set speed of 90KMPH and average FE was around 18.7. Once I entered Karnataka I increases set speed to 100KMPH and also because of cement roads average FE reduced to 18.3kmpl

Earlier I used to get FE of 15-16 on NH4 but this time being weekday and almost entire throttle control in hands of cruise control, got such good mileage figure.
what I learned is : i-vtec is very sensitive to driving pattern and if you keep speed within 85-95KMPH with very little throttle input you will get very good FE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 4006876)
Got this fabulous mileage on NH4. I took my ANHC i-vtec from Pune to Dharwad on a weekday.



Most of the time In Maharashtra I used cruise control with set speed of 90KMPH and average FE was around 18.7. Once I entered Karnataka I increases set speed to 100KMPH and also because of cement roads average FE reduced to 18.3kmpl

Earlier I used to get FE of 15-16 on NH4 but this time being weekday and almost entire throttle control in hands of cruise control, got such good mileage figure.
what I learned is : i-vtec is very sensitive to driving pattern and if you keep speed within 85-95KMPH with very little throttle input you will get very good FE.

Awesome! with my i-DTEC I was able to achieve 30 KMPL effectively using cruise control (maximum utilization). But the downside is, you need to stay between 90 and 100 KPH. This time, I tried to make sure the vehicle is in the green band (Eco Assist System with Ambient Rings on combimeter) when I overtook a vehicle.

It was a journey of 600+ kilometer from Sivakasi to Chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 4006876)
what I learned is : i-vtec is very sensitive to driving pattern and if you keep speed within 85-95KMPH with very little throttle input you will get very good FE.

This is true for pretty much all vehicles, I don't think it's specific to the i-vtec. As speed increases the wind resistance increases a lot and the car has to consume a lot of energy to fight the wind resistance and at the same time maintain a higher speed. All that translates into higher revs which affects the mileage. While such runs are good for academic purposes, I generally don't drive like this cause enjoyment is also a factor. I figure 3-4 km/lit occasionally on the highway is not really going to break anyone's bank.

HI guys, I am excited to say this but I have booked my dream car, the Honda City SV MT Petrol yesterday.

I've been on the look out for a spacious car for my family for a long time and initially I kept the choices to Diesel and the City was not in consideration. But suddenly, last week I opened up to the choice of petrol car as well and my decision was made in an instance :) A single TD was enough for me to zoom in on the City as my car. The entire family loved it and the decision was made.

Hoping to take delivery within 20 days. Waiting to enjoy the 1.5 IVtec engine......I have read the entire thread and thanks to all members for all your valuable suggestions, issue troubleshooting and all.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivatakavacha (Post 4008229)
HI guys, I am excited to say this but I have booked my dream car, the Honda City SV MT Petrol yesterday.

I've been on the look out for a spacious car for my family for a long time and initially I kept the choices to Diesel and the City was not in consideration. But suddenly, last week I opened up to the choice of petrol car as well and my decision was made in an instance :) A single TD was enough for me to zoom in on the City as my car. The entire family loved it and the decision was made.

Hoping to take delivery within 20 days. Waiting to enjoy the 1.5 IVtec engine......I have read the entire thread and thanks to all members for all your valuable suggestions, issue troubleshooting and all.....

Congratulations . Ca n you please mention your booking Experience with the dealer and the offer you got .

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 4006754)
...
I had thought of Michelin XM1, but the side wall is too soft. ..... I stuck with Yoko earth 1. But its definitely a good idea to switch to Michelin.

+1

In case of a switch to Michelin, it is better to go for XM2 rather than XM1,

XM1 that was the earlier version by Michelin has a softer compound, weaker sidewall and wears off quicker, XM2 addresses these deficiencies by having a harder tyre compound (more resistance to tyre wear) and better sidewall rigidity and is more suited for Indian conditions.

Also compared to carbon reinforced rubber tyres (eg: MRF ZVTS), Michelin XM2 uses silica reinforced rubber that provides better (read lower) rolling resistance (higher fuel efficiency), better wet grip and braking effectiveness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVille07 (Post 4008424)
Congratulations . Ca n you please mention your booking Experience with the dealer and the offer you got .

I booked with Capital Honda on GST Road near the Airport. The people there are extremely helpful and I did not have any issues with them.

I don't think there were any offers for the City Petrol (but the Diesel might have some). I was able to haggle a bit and got 1) Seat covers 2) car cover 3) Reverse parking camera 4) Basic accessories for free and a corporate Discount of 5K as well.

That is all. Hope that helps! Do let me know if you want more details or the SA's contact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhan.g (Post 4006916)
Awesome! with my i-DTEC I was able to achieve 30 KMPL effectively using cruise control (maximum utilization). But the downside is, you need to stay between 90 and 100 KPH. This time, I tried to make sure the vehicle is in the green band (Eco Assist System with Ambient Rings on combimeter) when I overtook a vehicle.

It was a journey of 600+ kilometer from Sivakasi to Chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 4006876)
Got this fabulous mileage on NH4. I took my ANHC i-vtec from Pune to Dharwad on a weekday.



Most of the time In Maharashtra I used cruise control with set speed of 90KMPH and average FE was around 18.7. Once I entered Karnataka I increases set speed to 100KMPH and also because of cement roads average FE reduced to 18.3kmpl

Earlier I used to get FE of 15-16 on NH4 but this time being weekday and almost entire throttle control in hands of cruise control, got such good mileage figure.
what I learned is : i-vtec is very sensitive to driving pattern and if you keep speed within 85-95KMPH with very little throttle input you will get very good FE.


agree: Honda has been modest in claiming the mileage. I was consistently able to clock good mielage on good traffic free roads.
See this for a short trip on 100 kms from Pune to Loavala.
I had clocked 18.6 if it was not for the toll booth on way back on NH4 - old bombay pune highway which dragged it down.
Simple way to get good readings it drive on the green-zone , the rings over the odometer should turn blue for minimum time, accelerate slowly as much as possible. i am sure i will clock 19+ on a long journey.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...0627wa0000.jpg

Hello everyone,

I've been having a strange issue with my 2014 Diesel City and could use your inputs.

It's been raining quite heavily here in Mumbai since the last week, leading to expected water logging.

Now, the issue is, there's a small cutout in the carpet of the City on the front passenger side (refer circled area in the attached picture), that when lifted reveals a small rubber nozzle. (I will post pictures of that too, shortly.) Said area/rubber nozzle is letting water into the car from beneath it when driven on wet roads or water logged streets. I have no idea why this nozzle is there in the first place, nor have I ever paid any attention to it before this happened.

Here's where I need your inputs:
1. Should this be happening at all? Our 8 year old Swift doesn't leak or let water in from anywhere and both the City and the Swift are driven on the same roads and are parked in right next to each other.
2. If there is an issue with my particular City, shouldn't this be repaired under warranty? Note that I have purchased extended warranty as well.
3. I've sent my car to Solitare Honda Workshop (Andheri West) and the Service Advisor told me that it will cost around INR 5,000/- at least to get it fixed and he will tell me the exact amount after checking the car and that it will take between 8 and 10 days to rectify it.

Now, money isn't an issue, but this happening in the first place is.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

- D

PS - Mods, I didn't know if this warranted its own thread.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:16.