Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-332.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alive2Drive (Post 4024861)
Facing a strange issue in my car.

Has anyone else noticed it or heard from someone else ? Any possible solutions are appreciated.

Mate,
This is another known issue in regards to the quality standards of the car.
Kindly flip backwards through a few pages and you will see folks from Mumbai pointing this out.
In fact I recall a post close to 2 years old when this issue was first reported.
Not sure how old your car is, however if it is from 2016 then your post answers the question posted just above if incase the known issues were addressed in the latest cars.

Please check the last few posts in the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157091

Cheers,
Pradeep.

Guys,
I was doing a bit of research on buying an obd 2 device for Honda city sv cvt 2015. I saw couole of topics suggesting me on gadget guru.
I have questions on putting this in my car:-
1. Trying to find the location where to plug it in?
2. What is the best device that does the job well?
3. Has anyone already used this technology in the same car variant?
4. I saw a review on amazon for the same which was negative. Attaching the same. Starts with "beware"
http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/reviews/B...t?ie=UTF8&s=sd

Looking for some interesting feedbacks on this. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alive2Drive (Post 4024861)
Facing a strange issue in my car. Now that its the monsoon season in Delhi, whenever it rains, the right rear door starts collecting some water into the door and then the car floor area. This is specifically happening on the right rear door only. I have shown it to the service centre and they say it is a common issue. They fixed it to some extent however the water is still prevalent in the car in the form of droplets of water.

Has anyone else noticed it or heard from someone else ? Any possible solutions are appreciated.

Same issue since i bought the car in 2014! I am fed up with it. Even now my car is lying at Solitaire Honda - as it does each monsoon for approx 40-45 days. Did your dealer fix the issue and if so, how?

Regarding the water ingress via right rear door - had any one tried 3M's door glass beads dressing??

This is assuming the water collection is via the window's edge..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebibendum (Post 4025518)
Guys,
I was doing a bit of research on buying an obd 2 device for Honda city sv cvt 2015. I saw couole of topics suggesting me on gadget guru.
I have questions on putting this in my car:-
1. Trying to find the location where to plug it in?
2. What is the best device that does the job well?
3. Has anyone already used this technology in the same car variant?
4. I saw a review on amazon for the same which was negative. Attaching the same. Starts with "beware"
http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/reviews/B...t?ie=UTF8&s=sd

Looking for some interesting feedbacks on this. Thanks

The OBD port is towards the lower part of the steering, check with a torch. I bought a cheap Chinese OBD just for fun. I was able to read basic data from OBD. However upper end ones which can refresh fast and not break connection would be much better. My experience was mostly negative. Also due to the port placement the OBD device may foul with your left leg while driving.

And so we got the Honda City iVtec SV MT aka “The Ballista” on Saturday. Everything went smoothly and I think I drove about 100 kilometers within Chennai over the weekend.

So here are our first impressions of the car:
The good bits:

1. The car is extremely spacious inside. Coming from the Dzire, it is a luxury. Not just me, but all my reactions were unanimous in the family. 3 in the back is not a problem at all in the Honda City. Space was an extremely important factor for me.
2. The engine is butter smooth. Cruising in the 5th gear at about 60/70 kmph literally feels like gliding over the tarmac. The engine drone is almost absent and the cabin feels extremely silent.
3. The drive at these cruising speeds also feels well planted and comfortable. I have not yet pushed the car.
4. It took a while for me to adjust to the bigger car, but I think I have found my comfort zone, in terms of seating position, mirror adjustments. It is not the case with my wife; she is yet to get comfortable with the car. I only wish the ORVMs were slightly bigger.
5. The instantaneous mileage meter is nice to have; but I’d better keep my eyes on the road. I find that that I am watching it a lot, which I should stop.
6. The engine bay is extremely neat arranged and it has an engine guard as well. I don’t know why many manufacturers skip this important feature.
7. The gear shifts are direct, easy and short (as compared to Dzire). Easy to use.
8. All the pedals including clutch are nice and easy to use.
9. The glass area in the car is enormous; it gives a wonderful view to the driver.
10. The dash is neatly arranged, all controls are within reach.
11. AC is wonderful.

The not-so-good bits:

1. The beige inside in a dirt magnet. It rained over the weekend here and even with all the care, the carpet got a bit dirty. I think I have to go to 3M soon to get mats. Any other suggestion people?
2. My wife could not find a comfortable seating position. Since the head rest is inclined slightly forward, she said that it created a subtle pressure on her neck.
3. I had problems slotting the reverse gear. Hopefully the gears mesh together well with more use.
4. We got the reverse camera fitted with the car. While it is useful, a reverse sensor is also necessary due to the length of the car. I think I will have to get it soon.
5. I let the car stall twice over the weekend. I noticed this thing – When I slot into first gear and as I release clutch and press accelerator, the engine rpm meter slightly dips for a moment before going up. Is this normal folks? I think the car stalled due to this. Should I check anything or is it my driving style coming from Diesel?
6. I am yet to receive the H-connect from the dealer. They said that they are out of stock and will get back to me asap. I am waiting to check it out.

These are my initial reactions. Overall the car is wonderful; hope it remains the same way for a long time. A motorist hit my ORVM already but thankfully no damages. :)

Welcome! Will wait for your feedback on H-connect. I am not sure if it's worth the money. I have heard some complaints about it- not sure if it was on team-bhp.
I guess the number 5 is because of the driving style. I had tried putting my car(VXMT) on 1st with foot off the accelerator. The car moves further without a constant speed- I.e. it slows down, then again accelerates and then again slows down. I deduce that the tyre friction slows down the car than the minimum speed for 1sr gear and hence there is a push again till the speed comes down once more. Will try and notice the rpm thing that you said. I haven't really seen that till now though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashankjk (Post 4026054)
Welcome! Will wait for your feedback on H-connect. I am not sure if it's worth the money. I have heard some complaints about it- not sure if it was on team-bhp.

Dear Shashankjk,
I have Honda Connect for my Jazz VCVT. I find it to be worth the money.
During my Pune Mumbai travels and during my long journeys within Pune or Mumbai, I share the location with my family. The peace of mind is great!

Girish Mahajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivatakavacha (Post 4025992)
I let the car stall twice over the weekend. I noticed this thing – When I slot into first gear and as I release clutch and press accelerator, the engine rpm meter slightly dips for a moment before going up. Is this normal folks? I think the car stalled due to this. Should I check anything or is it my driving style coming from Diesel?

Yes it is perfectly normal as you release the clutch, the load of moving the car from a standstill goes onto the engine.
Also, you are right, coming from a diesel, you would stall a petrol car, more so as the DZire has 190 Nm of peak torque figure as compared with 145? of a City petrol. On top of this, the iVtec doesn't have good low end grunt, so more so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakv (Post 4025664)
Same issue since i bought the car in 2014! I am fed up with it. Even now my car is lying at Solitaire Honda - as it does each monsoon for approx 40-45 days. Did your dealer fix the issue and if so, how?

The dealer made a hole in the rubber piping which goes through the door. This has been done for all 4 doors. I however think the mat/carpet of the car is wet and has not completely dried up. I have been to the service centre 3 times and hope that the issue is fixed now.

Got the service guys to put the car under high pressure car wash for 20 minutes before leaving the service centre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashankjk (Post 4026054)
I guess the number 5 is because of the driving style. I had tried putting my car(VXMT) on 1st with foot off the accelerator. .

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsashishsharma (Post 4026144)
Yes it is perfectly normal as you release the clutch, the load of moving the car from a standstill goes onto the engine.

Thank you Shashank and Ashish for your comments. I also think it is due to my driving style which I will have to change slightly now. The car is not primarily with me, so I will have to wait till the weekend to again take it out for a spin and try improving my driving style.

Well, after the production issues at Maruti in June, Ciaz seems to have killed it in July.

Cross-posting from Ciaz thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarath_MoJa (Post 4026762)
July 2016 Month Sales:
Ciaz : 5162 units
City : 4317 units

With the new Verna coming soon and Ciaz holding ground, Honda is staring at a rather long and dark tunnel similar to what they faced around 5 years back. I hope it doesn't kill the resale value of my car stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 4027688)
Well, after the production issues at Maruti in June, Ciaz seems to have killed it in July.

Cross-posting from Ciaz thread:

With the new Verna coming soon and Ciaz holding ground, Honda is staring at a rather long and dark tunnel similar to what they faced around 5 years back. I hope it doesn't kill the resale value of my car stupid:

I own a City but frankly speaking CIAZ seems to be a better car if not for its power deficiency. The safety features are questionable though but with Honda's lack of focus on quality in this generation, are they good enough on Honda? Except for brand value, I don't really think Honda can beat CIAZ unless their facelift upgrade slated around last quarter looks better and quality issues are resolved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 4027688)
I hope it doesn't kill the resale value of my car stupid:

You got to be kidding. When I bought my Fiesta, it sold in one digit in that whole month!

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunsangal (Post 4017433)
My 2009 Honda City S MT...

Had Honda replace the cowl panel, fill in the holes in the roof, replace the beading. Also had them remove all the dings and dents the car had acquired over the years and give it a completely new coat of paint. The service center seems to have done a decent job. No leakage so far in the last 2 days of sporadic rain (most imp, intend to leave the car to soak and water test in the deluge today), minor noises and defects which the service adviser has promised to fix.