Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2016, 21:25   #4981
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

I would like to thank Team-BHP for the official review and every one else for their useful posts. As a read only user,I had been a frequent visitor to this thread and it had played a vital role while placing an order back in March 2014 [Had to wait for 8 months to get it delivered]. Its been almost 2 years now and this car has become a part of my life ever since.I'm loving every drive and their have been a lot of fond memories attached with her and a few bad once as well.

I would like to share a picture of my City here:
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda-city1.jpg
Good memories :Those numerous road trips, night drives, long drives, early morning drives and weekend get away's are very memorable.

Bad memories :
  • That first small dent on my car was a heart break.
  • Got into a major accident during one of my road trips. A friend banged his Skoda Rapid from behind into mine and it had turned into a hatch. Estimated damage was 1.5 Lakhs and got an insurance claim.
Old 7th August 2016, 01:10   #4982
BHPian

Hi Guys,

One of my friends is looking for fog lamp for his i-DTEC Honda City. He contacted Honda dealer but he refused citing they don't support the same. Can someone share some pointers around this.
Old 7th August 2016, 07:56   #4983
BHPian

I have just moved to Bangalore from Gurgaon and stay on Sarjapur Road. Would request fellow BHPians to give their advise on which is a better Service center to take my City to since I have my service due later this week.

Thanks in advance!
Old 7th August 2016, 09:14   #4984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I have just moved to Bangalore from Gurgaon and stay on Sarjapur Road. Would request fellow BHPians to give their advise on which is a better Service center to take my City to since I have my service due later this week.

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

There are two service stations close to your residence.
  • Dakhshin Honda, Hosur road towards electronic city.
  • Whitefield Honda,Whitefield.
Old 7th August 2016, 20:35   #4985
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, may I know what gear-box upgrades are you talking about in the facelift model? AFAIK the latest gear-box from Honda stable globally is the gearbox that they have on the current city CVT model which is a combination of torque converter and belt which gives the best drivability along with fuel efficiency.
The Face-Lifted Model is "rumored" to get the Gear Box from B-RV.
Hence, I referred to the Gear Box Upgrade.
Old 7th August 2016, 21:27   #4986
BHPian

Quote:
Would request fellow BHPians to give their advise on which is a better Service center to take my City to since I have my service due later this week.
Would recommend Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road as that may be closer to you. Whitefield Honda on Whitefield Road could be the other option you can consider.

Recommending Dakshin, as they have a larger facility and I have been happy with their services since the last 11 years
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 08:19   #4987
BHPian

Many thanks @syed_Munazzir and @uday.ere for your prompt assistance :-)
Old 8th August 2016, 12:58   #4988
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Today I opened my brake fluid reservoir cap to see fluid level and after that I closed it tightly, But since then my brakes are making sound like air pump.
Has anybody encountered this problem?
Old 9th August 2016, 20:26   #4989
BHPian

My daily running in the crowded streets of Mumbai is over short distances with speeds averaging at 30 kmph. As a result the car has done around 2500 kms (over the last one year) so far but I get extremely low mileage numbers between 9 - 10 kmpl. Is this to be expected or will the numbers improve later. I haven't done any serious long distance trips on the car yet.
Old 9th August 2016, 21:19   #4990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
My daily running in the crowded streets of Mumbai is over short distances with speeds averaging at 30 kmph. As a result the car has done around 2500 kms (over the last one year) so far but I get extremely low mileage numbers between 9 - 10 kmpl. Is this to be expected or will the numbers improve later. I haven't done any serious long distance trips on the car yet.
Hi Ajay,

Mileage within city limits and in traffic is expected to hover around 12-13 kmpl. I've driven 20k in the past 1.5 years and I get a decent economy of 13kmpl in Bangalore traffic.

Do take your car for longer runs once in a while.
Syed_Munazzir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 21:33   #4991
BHPian

Quote:
You haven't specified if your City is manual or automatic.
2500kms means your car is hardly out of the run in duration. But I hope you've done oil change once?
And in extreme bumper to bumper traffic 9-10 is normal for a car this size. Expect anywhere between 15-17kmpl(or more if driven very sedately) during long trips.

Last edited by iss1307 : 9th August 2016 at 21:35.
iss1307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 23:41   #4992
BHPian

Quote:
Try to change your driving style in traffic to brake and accelerate slowly. I do get average of 10.5 kmpl in bumper to bumper pune-hinjewadi traffic with Car moving at snails pace. In normal traffic average is12-13 kmpl. On highways, I have clocked 18.6 😎
Shashankjk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 00:06   #4993
BHPian

Quote:
From Lokhandwala to Powai in peak traffic, I get 9-11 as do a couple of my colleagues. Mumbai traffic isn't a test for mileage. The same car gives me 15-18 on highway runs. You should take it on the MPEW and try it once!

PS: assumption that the car in discussion is petrol.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 10th August 2016 at 00:08.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 03:54   #4994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
From Lokhandwala to Powai in peak traffic, I get 9-11 as do a couple of my colleagues. Mumbai traffic isn't a test for mileage. The same car gives me 15-18 on highway runs. You should take it on the MPEW and try it once!

PS: assumption that the car in discussion is petrol.

Thanks! Yes, the car is a petrol and my driving is mostly in and around Powai. It hurts to see so much of money burning up in fuel costs because of bad traffic management and congested roads
Old 10th August 2016, 16:23   #4995
BHPian

Quote:
My usage pattern seems similar to yours. 99% of the time is spent in slow moving traffic + idling, and 1% is for airport runs, drives on empty roads, etc. With my driving style, I consistently get 9.3 - 9.5 km/l. I drive a City VX-MT (i.e. - petrol manual) and have done around 3,000 kms since I got it this February.

The City's fuel economy seems to be very sensitive towards the driving style. I usually do not allow anyone to drive the City, apart from myself. My VW was at the workshop for a few days, so my driver was given the City to drive. The economy fell to 8.3 - 8.6ish km/l within 100 kilometers of him driving the car.

I enjoy playing with the fuel economy indicator while driving, to see what is the best I can manage. That being said, I equally enjoy flooring the accelerator (to hell with fuel economy!) on late night drives to enjoy the splendid i-Vtec engine.

Last edited by fordfreak : 10th August 2016 at 16:25.
fordfreak is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks