Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2016, 19:50   #5026
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The drive back from Mysore to Bangalore was peaceful and I enjoyed driving the car again
Well, I guess this is a classical case of all's well that ends well. Also, a strong case for zero dep insurance.

Glad everyone was ok and the car came out fine.

Would recommend you to drive carefully though esp on the highways for a while to ensure everything has been put back into place properly.

Do post photos when possible of the before and after
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 20:39   #5027
BHPian

Quote:
. I tried more speed tests on NICE road and ensured that all is indeed fine with high speeds.
Great going vsrivatsa. Happy for you and thanks for the detailed feedback. Seems the Honda assure guys are helpful even though they go by the book and zero dep definitely helped you. Cheers for your new car and happy driving!
Shashankjk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 20:54   #5028
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - it felt like receiving a new car itself.
Good to hear that everything has worked out well. Can you pls post pics of the work done. The final amount paid out from your pocket is peanuts compared to the total billed amount.

Drive Safe.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 22:13   #5029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Any purchases of a mobile holder for the latest generation City for placement in the piano black area next to the power button of the deck and below the hazard light? ......I want something not on the windshield but at the same time the location should make it easy for navigation using the phone.
I had purchased an original Samsung compact universal mount, of very good quality, it came with a 3M round plastic disc with adhesive on one side to stick anywhere on the dash and smooth surface on the other to attach the suction cup.

Had grand plans of installing a mobile holder at the exact same spot below the hazard button, but didn't work out, as I learn't the hard way
That piano finish plastic area is not strong enough to support the weight of the phone and mount together, you'll end up damaging it.
Secondly, it turned out that placing the phone there interferes/obstructs the smooth turning of the steering and the wiper stalks and is hazardous.

Also the height of the dash is higher than usual (perfectly fine with this), but there is not enough space between the dash and windscreen to mount the dock on the dash, also it will obstruct the view ahead.

So in the end, the only safe place to mount the dock was on the windshield, which I do for shorter durations before the phone gets cooked in the sun.
Most of the time, I dont use the dock and just place the phone in the cupholder below the charger and just listen to the directions which is good enough and a much better (cooler) place for the phone.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 29th August 2016 at 22:16.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 22:38   #5030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I had purchased...
Super helpful buddy. Thanks for the nice detailed post.

When you say damaged the piano black section, what exactly happened? Did it come off? Or something else? How did you then rectify it?

The only issue of putting phone in cup holder as I also do currently is that it's out of sight. I use regularly for traffic situation so something in line of view would be good.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 29th August 2016 at 22:39.
Old 30th August 2016, 02:14   #5031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
what exactly happened?

... I use regularly for traffic situation so something in line of view would be good.
After sticking the mount with the phone on that spot, it just dawned on me that the black panel is not strong enough (ie., not designed/intended) to hold that weight hanging horizontally from there . I didn't take any further chances.

You're absolutely spot on about the need to have the phone(GPS) in the line of view. Safety is paramount, the only spot left to mount the phone (due to the high dash) was the windshield. This suits me just fine.

Also I keep the mount in the glove box and hang it there only when required, keeps the rubber suction cups from unnecessarily getting brittle in the sun when not in use and wearing out faster.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 30th August 2016 at 02:21.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 01:02   #5032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My friend took delivery of his Black Honda City VX 2 days back. He made some changes to the grill and sent me these pics.

Attachment 1270536...
R.I.P the car!! This car was involved in an accident at midnight when the driver dozed off and the car hit a concrete electric pole. The pole broke and a part of it fell back on the car. The car was declared a total loss. Three passengers - ALL WALKED OUT of the car! My friend was in the navigator seat and had a small cut on his lips due to airbag deployment. Otherwise, all of them were perfectly alright.

My friend said
Quote:
I am quite happy with the car since we walked out with minor injuries. The car seems well built from a safety perspective. I am happy that I chose a variant with airbags and advocate everyone to buy the safety variants always.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img20160831wa0001.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img20160831wa0002.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img20160831wa0003.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st August 2016 at 01:04.
swiftnfurious is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 03:19   #5033
BHPian

Quote:
R.I.P the car!! This car was involved in an accident at midnight when the driver dozed off and the car hit a concrete electric pole. The pole broke and a part of it fell back on the car. The car was declared a total loss.
That's some really fancy changes he did to the grill. Really custom made and unique .

I don't think this car is going to really R.I.P because there are loads of guys who buy up cars like these in auction for peanut prices and make them into spanking new-like rides and sell them off for really handome profits. A specimen like this would be a real 'prize catch' for them dudes. Its certainly not the end of the road for this City.

The company declares it a total loss because technically, the cost of the repairs amounts to more than about 20-30℅ of the total car cost or something like that, and hence that criteria makes it a"total loss." For example the airbags and/or dashboard and abs components among others alone could cross the lac barrier in costs.
P.S. - I didn't know there was a blck colour in the current City model :what: . Also, the driver dozing of driving a spanking new City seems to be a very lazy dude. Normally everyone is exited and happy riding home in a new car. Or was he extra happy :beer: ? Haha
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 12:06   #5034
mxh
BHPian

I'm wondering the same thing, how this can be total loss. There does not seem to be more than a couple of lacs worth of damage. In this scenario how much of the car value could get recovered by the insurance payment and does the customer have any say in the matter?
Old 31st August 2016, 12:07   #5035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
...I don't think this car is going to really R.I.P because there are loads of guys who buy up cars like these in auction for peanut prices and make them...
The R.I.P was from my friend's ownership perspective.

Quote:
...P.S. - I didn't know there was a blck colour in the current City model...
It's now discontinued.

Quote:
...Also, the driver dozing of driving a spanking new City seems to be a very lazy dude. Normally everyone is exited and happy riding home in a new car. Or was he extra happy :beer: ?
The owner & driver are two different guys. Guess that was a really long day for the driver. The driver was NOT under DUI; the reason why my friend hires him for special occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
I'm wondering the same thing, how this can be total loss. There does not seem to be more than a couple of lacs worth of damage. In this scenario how much of the car value could get recovered by the insurance payment and does the customer have any say in the matter?
The estimated loss was around 50% of the IDV of the car, may be that explains why it's declared a total loss.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st August 2016 at 12:09.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 12:19   #5036
BHPian

Quote:
The R.I.P was from my friend's ownership perspective.

It's now discontinued.

The owner & driver are two different guys. Guess that was a really long day for the driver. The driver was NOT under DUI; the reason why my friend hires him for special occasions.

The estimated loss was around 50% of the IDV of the car, may be that explains why it's declared a total loss.
Thanx for the replies . So the owner won't be getting another black one again.
Old 1st September 2016, 19:59   #5037
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India Limited has seen dealer dispatches of 4,255 units of the Honda City for the month of August 2016. (link)

Considering that Maruti-Suzuki has moved 6,214 units of the Ciaz to the dealerships in the same period, it's yet another winning month on the sales front for the MSIL C2-segment offering. (link)
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:43   #5038
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Honda Cars India Limited has seen dealer dispatches of 4,255 units of the Honda City for the month of August 2016. (link)

Considering that Maruti-Suzuki has moved 6,214 units of the Ciaz to the dealerships in the same period, it's yet another winning month on the sales front for the MSIL C2-segment offering. (link)
Maruti Ciaz is not in the same segment in performance or price. It's for those who want a lesser car by compromising and paying less. The City is a superior product in every respect and that's why people are still buying it. You get what you pay for.
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:58   #5039
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Ciaz is not in the same segment in performance or price. It's for those who want a lesser car by compromising and paying less. The City is a superior product in every respect and that's why people are still buying it. You get what you pay for.
I guess Ciaz is a perfect competitor for Honda City. I do not see why they are not from the same segment. Ciaz, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Verna are all in the same segment as City right?
Saanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 16:31   #5040
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Ciaz is not in the same segment in performance or price. It's for those who want a lesser car by compromising and paying less
I agree. Compare it to phones as far features and build quality goes:

Ciaz: Xiaomi(wannabes- loaded with features, excellent sales)
Verna: Samsung(loaded with features, good build but can be better)
Linea: Nokia(excellent build butbno sale)
Vento:Sony(some sale, good build but isn't the best)
City: iPhone of the C segment.

:banghead:
Shashankjk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks