Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-338.html)

Lot of leaves get stuck up in the rubber beadings in the windows. City owners, any solution for this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxh (Post 4048863)
Forgot to update, I renewed my insurance a week ago. It was at the 1 year mark. Went with Reliance but through the same Honda dealer as last year and the price was the lowest among all online and offline offers. It was only the 2nd year for NCB in my name so got only 20% discount and the total was around 12k. The dealer said that Reliance, Tata, Honda insurance are all cashless at Honda garages.

Wow, 12K that's a pretty low sum compared to our car insurance which was recently renewed. Our City is going to hit the one year mark in a month and we just renewed the insurance last week. We were given a quote of 21.2K which was further reduced to 20K after a bit of haggling, they just wouldn't go below that stating that this is the best price available all over India for Honda Assure (Bajaj Allianz). This is with 50% NCB which was transferred from our previous car. I did see online quotes from around 12-19K but decided that it would be better to go with Honda Assure for ensuring peace of mind. I'm surprised that you managed to get it done for 12K with just 20% NCB, does this include the Nil dep. addon, and is it under Honda Assure or is it done separately? Can someone else help me out with this too? A tad bit confused, were we overcharged by our dealer ? :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno (Post 4049731)
Wow, 12K that's a pretty low sum compared to our car insurance which was recently renewed. Our City is going to hit the one year mark in a month and we just renewed the insurance last week. We were given a quote of 21.2K which was further reduced to 20K after a bit of haggling, they just wouldn't go below that stating that this is the best price available all over India for Honda Assure (Bajaj Allianz). This is with 50% NCB which was transferred from our previous car. I did see online quotes from around 12-19K but decided that it would be better to go with Honda Assure for ensuring peace of mind. I'm surprised that you managed to get it done for 12K with just 20% NCB, does this include the Nil dep. addon, and is it under Honda Assure or is it done separately? Can someone else help me out with this too? A tad bit confused, were we overcharged by our dealer ? :Frustrati

Hey, my policy isn't nil depreciation. Even when my car was new last year I didn't take nil dep from Honda assure. The Honda assure quote for ICICI Lombard this year was around 18k without Nil dep and had lower IDV of 6.95 lacs. The IDV for my Reliance policy was 7.42 lacs. The next cheapest was Tata at around 1k more. Btw, my car is an S-MT petrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashankjk (Post 4049722)
Lot of leaves get stuck up in the rubber beadings in the windows.....any solution for this?

A Jopasu duster (link) comes in handy to quickly swipe away the leaves in one stroke rather than picking each leaf out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno (Post 4049731)
A tad bit confused, were we overcharged by our dealer?

There's no peace with Honda Assure. They just try to scare you into buying the policy. The margin they make is at least 25% higher than regular quotes. Just get a policy from outside and make sure it is zero-dep and cashless.

My 1st year I was forced to take from Honda because they threatened to cancel the allotment (this was at time of launch of the current City). I did get some NCB from my earlier car (don't remember exactly).

Unfortunately I had a minor accident in the 1st year and hence in 2nd year, I paid 21k and now in 3rd year I have paid 17k. Last 2 years have been cashless zero-dep from Tata AIG. In fact the policy covers everything the Honda RSA covers as well!

Check out policy bazaar etc for quotes. Remember - Honda CANNOT decline repairing your car because the insurance is not through them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxh (Post 4049773)
Hey, my policy isn't nil depreciation. Even when my car was new last year I didn't take nil dep from Honda assure. The Honda assure quote for ICICI Lombard this year was around 18k without Nil dep and had lower IDV of 6.95 lacs. The IDV for my Reliance policy was 7.42 lacs. The next cheapest was Tata at around 1k more. Btw, my car is an S-MT petrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 4050467)
There's no peace with Honda Assure. They just try to scare you into buying the policy. The margin they make is at least 25% higher than regular quotes. Just get a policy from outside and make sure it is zero-dep and cashless.

I should probably look into getting an insurance quote from others the next time I'm in for renewal. Thanks for taking your time and providing the information, and yes I also read that Honda Assure provides Nil Dep. up to 5 years whereas others provide the same for a period of 2-3 years max ? Is it true or just another trick from Honda to ensure that the insurance is purchased from their end ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno (Post 4050473)
Is it true or just another trick from Honda to ensure that the insurance is purchased from their end ?

It's a lie. Please remember that Honda isn't an insurance company. I can't believe the amount of bull they are selling to customers!

You can call any insurer directly and reconfirm for your self also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno (Post 4050473)
I also read that Honda Assure provides Nil Dep. up to 5 years whereas others provide the same for a period of 2-3 years max ? Is it true or just another trick from Honda to ensure that the insurance is purchased from their end ?

Royal Sundaram provides Nil Dep for 5th year renewal. They also give free RSA.

Cheers,
Pradeep.

Just crossed my mind and don't remember reading it anywhere but has the i-vtec been remapped anywhere in India? If so how were the results?

I know, I know, its too good just the way it is for overall performance and reliability/longevity jobs but to go a step ahead and get lusty bottom end? Is it possible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 4051992)
has the i-vtec been remapped anywhere in India?

Hard to achieve good results from only remapping NA petrol engines. You need to spend a lot more time and effort to various accompanying mods.

That's why Turbo petrols and diesels are more popular in the remap scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4052009)
Hard to achieve good results from only remapping NA petrol engines. You need to spend a lot more time and effort to various accompanying mods.

That's why Turbo petrols and diesels are more popular in the remap scene.

Hmmm. Right. You mean the high-lift valves, custome headers, porting, free-flow performance exhausts, air-filters etc I guess. Fast 'N Furious stuff right?

My Silver Queen completed 10,000 kilometres today. And I can proudly say that despite all the posts about niggles etc in the present generation City, I have been lucky enough not to come across any of these barring one which involved changing of the main gear seal. Same was replaced free of cost being in warranty. I'm a happy and proud owner today.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 4054277)
My Silver Queen completed 10,000 kilometres today. And I can proudly say that despite all the posts about niggles etc in the present generation City, I have been lucky enough not to come across any of these. I'm a happy and proud owner today :)

This is so refreshing to hear on this thread after a long time. People just don't have any heart left for the queen of the C-segment these days.

There are positive vibes coming in for the next facelift City about to be launched soon. Hope it lives up to the positive hopes. Honda is chronically lethargic about their product launches in India as usual. Be it 2 or 4 wheeler. But tell you what, all negativities notwithstanding, I'm a fan for life.

Wish you tons of miles n smiles with your queen :thumbup:

My City Diesel has clocked 68000kms in 2 years and 7 months. Changed tyres once, batteries twice, brake pad, clutch pad etc once. The car run great and still revs my heart like it did in Feb 2014. The last 2000kms were mostly chauffeur driven. But the other 66k was self drive. I love driving this car and do not enjoy being driven around.

^^Batteries seems to have had premature failure it seems...