Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-339.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 4054277)
My Silver Queen completed 10,000 kilometres today. And I can proudly say that despite all the posts about niggles etc in the present generation City, I have been lucky enough not to come across any of these barring one which involved changing of the main gear seal. Same was replaced free of cost being in warranty. I'm a happy and proud owner today.:)

Niggles will always be there in all cars - some will have more, some will have less. My niggle is dashboard noise for which my jugaad has been to increase the volume a couple of points! My car has completed 30 months and still seems strong.

Apart from that, the iVtec is an absolute gem of an engine to drive. Driving wise (petrol), I doubt any other car in this segment can even come close.

Let's not even get started on niggles in other cars of this segment - just the other day there was a post on a WhatsApp group that someone's Vento got auto-locked with car running and owner stranded outside! He took 60 minutes to open the lock. Turns out that VW apparently has the auto-lock synced with the ABS system and the sensor of the ABS had malfunctioned! Man... why can't they simply sync it with the speedometer beats me.

Talking of niggles. A problem I see is that the rear window gets stuck up multiple times. My car is single use and most of time no one occupies rear seat. As a result, rear window is rarely opened. What I noted is if I didn't open the rear window for a few days, the next time I try to open it, it refuses to move. Has anyone else noted this problem? The simple solution I have used is simply roll down window to full length when I start my car in the morning and roll it up before moving. That way it has stopped getting stuck up. Anyone else faced this problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashankjk (Post 4058446)
Talking of niggles. A problem I see is that the rear window gets stuck up multiple times. My car is single use and most of time no one occupies rear seat. As a result, rear window is rarely opened. What I noted is if I didn't open the rear window for a few days, the next time I try to open it, it refuses to move. Has anyone else noted this problem? The simple solution I have used is simply roll down window to full length when I start my car in the morning and roll it up before moving. That way it has stopped getting stuck up. Anyone else faced this problem?

I face this niggle. I have the same situation as in, the rear seat is not used much and rear windows doesn't want to roll down at times.

Talking about the rear bench, the people who sit on the rear seat complain the audio is not loud enough like how it is in the front. Is it normal with this car? Are there any adjustments that can be done in the ICE system to fix this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhan.g (Post 4058781)
Talking about the rear bench, the people who sit on the rear seat complain the audio is not loud enough like how it is in the front. Is it normal with this car? Are there any adjustments that can be done in the ICE system to fix this?

Adjust the "fader" to arrive at a balance between front and rear speakers.

Prem.

Quote:

I face this niggle. I have the same situation as in, the rear seat is not used much and rear windows doesn't want to roll down at times.

Wanted to add that this is not a car specific niggles. This also happens with my earlier cars. I guess the window just gets stuck up due to dust and water and because it hasn't moved in some days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4058792)

Prem.

Now this is a hunch and I am aware that SVC is no way related to this:sly:. The below is just from experience.
Assuming that your balance is already center and that all speakers are working and the rear benchers still complain of the less volume, try changing SVC settings and see if it makes a difference. Do let know your feedback.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

When are we expecting the facelift of the current generation to hit the market?

With 6 speed transmission?

Diwali season is hardly few days away but there is no news of the new variant hitting the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 4058875)
When are we expecting the facelift of the current generation to hit the market?

With 6 speed transmission?

Diwali season is hardly few days away but there is no news of the new variant hitting the market.

I have read on multiple sites that it's planned to be launched sometime in Jan2017

Quote:

Has anyone else noted this problem?

Yes. I also face this issue. In fact, I face this issue very regularly on all the 4 windows.

No solution has been provided by the service center so it's just one of the things you live with :)

Quote:

A problem I see is that the rear window gets stuck up multiple times. The simple solution I have used is simply roll down window to full length when I start my car in the morning and roll it up before moving. That way it has stopped getting stuck up. Anyone else faced this problem?

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 4059019)
Yes. I also face this issue. In fact, I face this issue very regularly on all the 4 windows.

The rear seat in my car is also very rarely used. Hence, the rear windows are not rolled up & down much.

My windows don't get stuck in place, but I have found the rear windows take about 1 - 2 second longer to roll down compared to the front windows. Will just follow Shashankjk's practice of rolling the windows down & up all the way every time I start up the car, to ensure the rear windows are used more often.

Strangely, this issue isn't present on my other City (2010).

Quote:

.. the rear window gets stuck up multiple times. .. rear window is rarely opened. ....The simple solution I have used is simply roll down window to full length when I start my car in the morning and roll it up before moving. That way it has stopped getting stuck up.

Quote:

I face this niggle. I have the same situation as in, the rear seat is not used much and rear windows doesn't want to roll

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 4059542)
....the rear windows take about 1 - 2 second longer to roll down compared to the front windows. Will just follow Shashankjk's practice of rolling the windows down & up all the way every time I start up the car, to ensure the rear windows are used more often.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashankjk (Post 4058860)
Wanted to add that this is not a car specific niggles. This also happens with my earlier cars. I guess the window just gets stuck up due to dust and water and because it hasn't moved in some days.

Spot on, this problem is not car specific and can happen to any power window if it is occasionally/rarely used or as the car ages.

This used to occur occasionally in my previous car (Palio, after the 5th year).

Below every power window switch is a metal switch with spring loaded contact points. When you raise or lower the switch, the corresponding contact point clicks into place and completes the circuit.

Due to dust, or oxidation at these contact points, there is loss of electrical conductivity when these points touch as you operate the switch. As a result the Windows fail to roll until a few clicks (or after a delay) that clears the oxidation or dust to restore the conducting area.

I used to open up the switch in my previous car and would clear the contact areas using a needle whenever this problem occurred and the switches lasted fine (A.S.S would have probably suggested switch replacement) for 12 years before I sold the car (excellent car it was in all aspects as I fondly recollect the ownership experience).

It hasn't happened in my City (touch wood)

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4060058)
Below every power window switch is a metal switch with spring loaded contact points. When you raise or lower the switch, the corresponding contact point clicks into place and completes the circuit.

Due to dust, or oxidation at these contact points, there is loss of electrical conductivity when these points touch as you operate the switch. As a result the Windows fail to roll until a few clicks (or after a delay) that clears the oxidation or dust to restore the conducting area.

On this note, when this happens you won't feel the motor trying to pull down the window. This happened on my Ritz earlier and I got the point cleaned up from a local service station as you have said.
However the case explained above is different. You feel the motor tugging at the window to pull it down but it gets stuck up. Try it once or twice and it starts to work. Hints to me that the circuit is complete and its just the window getting stuck up, even though circuit is complete and motor is working. Same effect different cause, what say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4058792)

Prem.

The fader is balanced correctly. I'll have to fiddle with the SVC setting to see if that makes any difference.

Got my 40k km service done today (V-MT petrol). Standard fare after I told the SA not to upsell anything and only do what's recommended in service book :)

Total cost was Rs 5200. Good service (Solitaire Honda, Andheri West). My SA was particularly very good. Pleasant surprise after the mediocre experiences in the past.

Also, during delivery there were some paint spots on the car. The SA very nicely ( without argument ) offered a free polish which I told him I'd redeem in 2 weeks.

Is Honda improving? Will update after next service!

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 4062968)
Got my 40k km service done today (V-MT petrol).
Is Honda improving? Will update after next service!

Wow...i have read quite some threads on niggles and decay after 30k leading to more niggles. But I am not sure if they were problems with one piece or consistent issues with all owners.
Can you share feedback after 40k. How is the car holding up? Are there any persistent problems other than normal wear and tear expected at 40k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashankjk (Post 4062993)
Wow...i have read quite some threads on niggles and decay after 30k leading to more niggles. But I am not sure if they were problems with one piece or consistent issues with all owners.
Can you share feedback after 40k. How is the car holding up? Are there any persistent problems other than normal wear and tear expected at 40k.

It was the 40k service but done with the car completing only 24k. Honda's stupid service interval is to blame here. Till now the car is holding up very well and apart from a couple of minor niggles, I am happy.