Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 15:03   #5161
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
20000 KMs Update (Diesel)
Ride Quality - 2.5/5
With 16 inch wheels in my car the ride has been constantly bone jarring on broken roads
What size tyres you have (Width and Aspect Ratio)? The recommended diameter for city is 15 inches although Malaysian models and others outside India has Honda recommended size of 185/55 R16.
Old 15th October 2016, 17:02   #5162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
What size tyres you have (Width and Aspect Ratio)? The recommended diameter for city is 15 inches although Malaysian models and others outside India has Honda recommended size of 185/55 R16.
Tyre size is 205 50 R16 , with same overall height as the stock tyres.
And also read a few people had issues with Honda regarding upsize of tyres and that the warranty would get void in case of upsized tyres/rims , i faced no such issue and no service advisor ever pointed that out , they even replaced my brakes under warranty (although it turned out to be problematic but that's getting )
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_2816.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_3064.jpg  

Last edited by Rocketscience : 15th October 2016 at 17:21.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 17:13   #5163
BHPian

Quote:
Tyre size is 205 50 R16 , with same overall height as the stock tyres.
And also read a few people had issues with Honda regarding upsize of tyres and that the warranty would get void in case of upsized tyres/rims , i faced no such issue and no service advisor ever pointed that out , they even replaced my brakes under warranty (although it turned out to be problematic but that's getting )
That upsize seems to be a huge overkill, although I am not sure if that is causing the brake issue. Warranty dealings depends on the service center.

I can recall somewhere that the Ciaz with 16 inch wheels have a low ride comfort than the 15 inch ones.
Old 16th October 2016, 17:28   #5164
BHPian

Quote:
That upsize seems to be a huge overkill, although I am not sure if that is causing the brake issue. Warranty dealings depends on the service center.

I can recall somewhere that the Ciaz with 16 inch wheels have a low ride comfort than the 15 inch ones.
Yes , 16 inch wheels do contribute to the stiff ride but it was never great even before the upsize.

That upsize isn't overkill at all , they fill up the space well and don't protude outside , the grip levels are great and the car looks much better than the skinny 175 tyres they provided.

Hyundai is much better in this respect and the verna comes with 205 profile tyres and the elite i20 with 195 , Honda should have provided suitable sized wheels in the first place.
175 are more suitable to Brio than City.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 16th October 2016 at 17:40.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:35   #5165
BHPian

Quote:
Yes , 16 inch wheels do contribute to the stiff ride but it was never great even before the upsize.

That upsize isn't overkill at all , they fill up the space well and don't protude outside , the grip levels are great and the car looks much better than the skinny 175 tyres they provided.

Hyundai is much better in this respect and the verna comes with 205 profile tyres and the elite i20 with 195 , Honda should have provided suitable sized wheels in the first place.
175 are more suitable to Brio than City.
Yes, ride quality is not City's trademark and the seats of the City compensates to a great extent for the stiff suspension. However, handles better than Ciaz and much much better than Verna despite its high profile tyres as per many reviews I have read. I did take a test drive of Verna as well with the 195 ones and didn't feel anything special both with ride comfort or handlin.

Why I quoted Ciaz is, it's a car which was reviewed as having good ride comfort. But the 16 inch model did not have the same level of ride comfort as the 15 inch ones.

From your experience, don't think it's advisable to install 16 inch in City. I had a slight intention to move to 185/55 R16 but dropping it.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:46   #5166
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, ride quality is not City's trademark and the seats of the City compensates to a great extent for the stiff suspension. However, handles better than Ciaz and much much better than Verna despite its high profile tyres as per many reviews I have read. I did take a test drive of Verna as well with the 195 ones and didn't feel anything special both with ride comfort or handlin.

Why I quoted Ciaz is, it's a car which was reviewed as having good ride comfort. But the 16 inch model did not have the same level of ride comfort as the 15 inch ones.

From your experience, don't think it's advisable to install 16 inch in City. I had a slight intention to move to 185/55 R16 but dropping it.

Very true!
Sticking to the stock size is the best idea, although 175 is skinny, it's enough for city runs. If you have a lot of highway runs, 185 or 195 section makes sense.

Coming to the seats, yes they soak up bumps better than the suspension :LOL
But I am worried if they'll sag overtime.
Old 17th October 2016, 12:25   #5167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This issue is new.

You can try deleting the device from the system and connecting it again. Also, delete all other listed devices which are not regularly paired. In my experience, Bluetooth behaves a bit funny when many devices are listed (memory overload?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Or if there are too many contacts on the phone there might be a hard / maximum limit of contacts that was reached.
Thanks a lot! The issue has been solved. It was due to too many contacts on my phone. I had about 1375 contacts in my phone. I have gone thru all and delete about 500 unnecessary contacts. Now, I get to see all contacts 'A' to 'Z' in my City's bluetooth system.

Apparently, Honda City's bluetooth system has a maximum limit of 1000 contacts.
Old 17th October 2016, 22:54   #5168
Senior - BHPian

One more incident to report from my side:

Last Friday my car (2014 Honda City Diesel) had a breakdown on Hosur Road near Bommanahalli. The car once I stopped at Signal did not start again. However, the lights and horn were working fine indicating that it is not a battery problem. I called Honda RSA and they sent across a Technician to assist. I shared the same problem details with him.

The Technician tried several options and then finally informed me that he is unable to repair it on the spot and the car needs to be towed to the nearest service center to which I agreed.

The next day, the Service Advisor at Dakshin Honda upon opening the bonnet and inspecting the car informs me that a wrong wiring/connection done in the Fuse Box of the car which has resulted in the fuse box itself getting damaged due to shorting. A metal wire was left behind and the SA had taken a picture of it and he shared the picture of the same (so I do have evidence).

What was actually just a fuse replacement situation has now become a situation where the fusebox itself needs to be replaced. This is a mistake that has been done by the technician who was sent from Honda RSA/Allianz...Dakshin Honda does not have the fuse box in stock and so the car is resting again at the Service Center...they say it would cost 16 K as against the Rs.20 for replacing the fuse.

Meanwhile I have lodged a complaint with Honda Customer Relations and they are investigating yet and not commented anything so far. I have clearly said they need to bear the cost of the fusebox replacement.

Looking for some tips and advice on how I should proceed next.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 17th October 2016 at 22:57.
Old 20th October 2016, 17:35   #5169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
One more incident to report from my side:

they say it would cost 16 K as against the Rs.20 for replacing the fuse.
This is an extremely sorry state of affairs with an authorised service centre. I fail to understand how they employ inefficient technicians and send them for RSA. I would definitely shoot a letter to HCIL to inform them of the pathetic conditions that customers are forced to encounter for no fault of ours. All sad and done it is imperative that Dakshin Honda take it upon themselves to rectify the fault at their cost. I can fully empathise with you getting stuck at that busy Bommenahalli traffic. Anyway best wishes.
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 22:16   #5170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I would definitely shoot a letter to HCIL to inform them of the pathetic conditions that customers are forced to encounter for no fault of ours. All sad and done it is imperative that Dakshin Honda take it upon themselves to rectify the fault at their cost.
Thanks - car is now ready to be collected but the issue of who needs to bear the cost has not made any progress.

Does anybody have specific contacts that I can escalate the issue to? I got the contact of a specific Kumaresan R at Dakshin Honda and have spoken to him. Trying to check if there is a higher authority that I can write to or contact.
Old 24th October 2016, 10:01   #5171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Very true!
Sticking to the stock size is the best idea, although 175 is skinny, it's enough for city runs. If you have a lot of highway runs, 185 or 195 section makes sense.

Coming to the seats, yes they soak up bumps better than the suspension :LOL
But I am worried if they'll sag overtime.
Yeah, I have read comments on seats getting sagged for some users. For me, no such issues yet for the last 2.5 years. My weight is 81 kg
Old 26th October 2016, 20:12   #5172
BHPian

I have Honda City CVT. I gave my car for service for the 2.5 years service. I have been giving to Whitefield Honda, Bangalore. My ODO is at about 18K and I was told that I need to get 20K service done. I removed all the optional requirements and just asked the service advisor to stick to mandatory ones. My bill came to Rs 7,634.

I usually compare the service bills with earlier ones when I file them. To my shock, the car had already gone through 20K paid service during my 2 year service . The ODO was about 14.5K that time. The best part if that it was done at the same service center and the service advisor was also the same.

I'll be calling them tomorrow and fight for this and ensure I get the refund/voucher for next service. For folks who have gone through the 2.5 years service for their CVT, wanted to know list of things that are needed and approx bill amount. Pretty sad to see this with Honda service center .
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 09:34   #5173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
For folks who have gone through the 2.5 years service for their CVT, wanted to know list of things that are needed and approx bill amount. Pretty sad to see this with Honda service center .
Although I drive the Manual Petrol, the 2.5 Years Service would essentially be the 50K Kms Service, regardless of the ODO reading.

I just did my 50K Kms / 30 Months (2.5 Years) service less than Two Weeks back. The ODO reading was at 34K Kms.

My Total bill was Rs. 4217 with Rs. 3554 being for the things mentioned in the Manual and Rs. 663 addon which I asked for.

The Service as per manual included Oil / Oil Filter Change, Regular Preventive Maintenance and its Labour Charges, Brake Pads check and stuff like that.

Add-on which I opted for was PUC & Air Filter Change. As per Manual, Air Filter change is at 30K Kms / 18 Months interval. However, based on my last experience, 18 Months is a little too long, hence opted to change at 12 Months. The stock Air Filter was chagned at 18K Kms on ODO (in 18 Months) and the last one was changed at 16K Kms (Inside 12 Months). Surprisingly the Service Advisor was trying to convince me that the Air Filter is good and can be changed in the next service.

Wheel Alignment and Balancing, I get it done from outside.

Can you post a break-up of the 7.5K Odd bill to understand why such a huge amount. The only additional thing in CVT compared to Manual that may be required as per manual is the Transmission Oil change at 40K Kms / 2 Years Interval. Else, everything else should remain the same.

Quote:
Yeah, I have read comments on seats getting sagged for some users. For me, no such issues yet for the last 2.5 years. My weight is 81 kg
Same here. My car has run 34K Kms in 2.5 Years and the seats are still good. No Sign of Sagging. I am a 100 Kgs.

Last edited by tejas08 : 27th October 2016 at 09:39. Reason: Multi-Quote Added
Old 27th October 2016, 19:13   #5174
BHPian

Posting on behalf of a Non TeamBhp friend.

"Can any one tell me where can I find the VIN on the Honda City 2012. The only thing I can find is under the bonnet, which is of zero help. Any thing precise would be greatly appreciated."
Old 27th October 2016, 22:03   #5175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
Posting on behalf of a Non TeamBhp friend.

"Can any one tell me where can I find the VIN on the Honda City 2012. The only thing I can find is under the bonnet, which is of zero help. Any thing precise would be greatly appreciated."

Go to the driver side , open the door, lift the slight cut on the carpet beside the car seat and you will see the VIN number in large letters embossed on the metal.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed