Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-361.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonster (Post 4133585)
Hello, //M6.
I have fitted the Door Visors from an aftermarket brand (Galio) which also has a chrome bordering on the top part of the door visors (where it makes contact with the door). I fitted this after seeing the same on Distinguished-BHPian RavenAvi's Empress (City i-DTEC V variant) (link).
I personally feel the Door Visors from the official accessory list of Honda is way too expensive (approx 4500rs)
After having the same Galio Door Visors for about 2.5 years, the chrome lining has peeled off (my fault as I 90% of the time park my car in the sun).

Thanks themonster. I have seen these and the quality is good but I don't like the chrome strip and the dealer is unable to stock the non chrome version of the same for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonster (Post 4133585)
Hello, Hemanth.anand.
I would like to know whether your brother-in-law had changed the tires on his City and which upsize did he take, the 195/60 or the 205/60 and which make/brand?
If you don't mind, I would also like to know how is the ride after the tire swap.

We have decided to go for Yokohama Earth1 195/60R15. Two weeks before, we were busy in the weekend. Finally, we went to the tyre dealer last Sunday afternoon. But he was preparing to close the shop for the day. So we didn't force him as we thought it might affect how the workers will actually do the work. So we will go this Friday. After the swap, I'll drive it over teh weekend and let you know my observations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4133732)
We have decided to go for Yokohama Earth1 195/60R15. Two weeks before, we were busy in the weekend. Finally, we went to the tyre dealer last Sunday afternoon. But he was preparing to close the shop for the day. So we didn't force him as we thought it might affect how the workers will actually do the work. So we will go this Friday. After the swap, I'll drive it over teh weekend and let you know my observations.

Hemanth, my observation on the Yokohama Earth 1. I had this installed on my Wagon R 5 months back. The size is smaller though.

Road noise is lesser but there is no real change observed in ride comfort or Fuel Efficiency compared to the previous JK tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthvader5000 (Post 4131402)
Hi Guys,

I am trying to choose between a Vento, City or Rapid ( all automatic). Already own a Polo TDI ( and very happy). Would prefer petrol given the pollution control judgements which come out in NCR. Self drive, family vacation with the Beagle along when needed.

Need the link to the review for the Honda City Automatic ( petrol) latest version and pointers to choose 'wisely'. Thanks.

I was in the market very recently for the same requirement and did a TD of Vento, City, Vern & Ciaz. Did not want to enter into the Skoda zone at all so avoided it altogether.

Already a lot has been said about all these cars individually and i would not venture into giving you details of how all the cars felt, however, in a summary, Vento TSI is definitely the best driving AT out there in this segment. I though, am a person who values peace of mind a lot, and hence chose not to go for VAG group. That left me with the next best driving alternative - The Honda City.

I ended up with City CVT VX model which i took delivery on 1st Jan 2017 :D, and till date i have done close to 900 Kms. I did install the PedalTune (Go to the Modification & Accessories section to know more on it), and with the PedalTune on, i dare say this car is as good as the Vento TSI if not better. That too without the constant worry of DSG.

Just FYI, i am getting an average of 14.2 Kmpl in 100% city traffic, such is the power of PedalTune that i seldom have to floor the pedal, slightest of taps shoots the powerful city engine screaming and surging !!

Good Luck with your decision, feel free to PM me if you want to know more about City CVT.

What is the VIN number format for the Honda City?

How do I make out the month and year of manufacture?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vharihar (Post 4134581)
What is the VIN number format for the Honda City?

How do I make out the month and year of manufacture?

Take a look at this thread+post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249663

I have2015 model Honda City SV manual iVtec. Whenever I drive my car on highways and open stretches, it always feel to me that there isn't enough power to quickly accelerate. My car was driven by my copuple of friends as well and they also complaint of low pickup. I feel low pick issue from the very beginning thought it is just my misunderstanding.

Have recently changes the air filter but to no avail.

Do anyone of you also feel the same?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadab.upes (Post 4135049)
I have2015 model Honda City SV manual iVtec. Whenever I drive my car on highways and open stretches, it always feel to me that there isn't enough power to quickly accelerate. My car was driven by my copuple of friends as well and they also complaint of low pickup. I feel low pick issue from the very beginning thought it is just my misunderstanding.

Have recently changes the air filter but to no avail.

Do anyone of you also feel the same?

Thanks

If you are in higher gears and Engine RPM is below 2000/2500 city feels sluggish for in gear acceleration
but if you downshift and get RPM above 3000 then engine goes in its high torque mode and you can feel real torque and acceleration.
For instant acceleration engine should be kept approx. above 3000 RPM.
If you find some empty road try 0-100 kmph run while shifting at redline,
if your car reaches 0-100 in 10-11 seconds then every thing is fine.
[btw it reaches 100 in 2nd Gear lol: ]

Quote:

I have2015 model Honda City SV manual iVtec. Whenever I drive my car on highways and open stretches, it always feel to me that there isn't enough power to quickly accelerate. My car was driven by my copuple of friends as well and they also complaint of low pickup.

Thanks

You may be referring to the rubber band effect of the CVT. Under sudden acceleration, does the engine revs rise without corresponding increase in speed?

There are 2 ways to overcome this. Be gentle on the accelerator and as you get used to the car, you will know how to get the car to shift a gear down. Another option is to shift to the Sport mode (S mode) where the car holds gears for longer.

This car is a gem on the highways and a stonking performer. If you still have acceleration issues then get the car checked at a service center.

Hi KRN, thanks for your inputs but just to clarify that I drive manual and not CVT

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 4135153)
If you are in higher gears and Engine RPM is below 2000/2500 city feels sluggish .......If you find some empty road try 0-100 kmph run while shifting at redline, if your car reaches 0-100 in 10-11 seconds then every thing is fine. [btw it reaches 100 in 2nd Gear lol: ]

Thanks Pravint for your valuable inputs. Will definitely try accelerating in some empty stretch and will share my feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadab.upes (Post 4135173)
Thanks Pravint for your valuable inputs. Will definitely try accelerating in some empty stretch and will share my feedback.

Here is video showing how it should perform
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwhdRfEDfWQ

Be careful about pedestrians and other cars.

Honda recalls 41,580 cars in India to replace airbag inflators!

Quote:

The Takata impact continues to hit Indian car consumers with Honda Cars India announcing the latest tranche of recalls of some vehicles made in 2012.

According to a statement released by the Japanese car company, Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) has announced that it will voluntarily replace Takata passenger front airbag inflators of 41,580 vehicles of previous generation of Jazz, City, Civic and Accord as part of Honda's precautionary global recall campaign concerning Takata front airbag inflators.

The replacement will be carried out free of cost at Honda dealerships across India. The replacement of inflators for the affected models would begin immediately and the company would communicate with customers directly, said the statement. This is the fifth Takata-related recall initiated by Honda.

The company has announced that 7,265 units of 2012-made Jazz will face the recall. And 32,456 units of the company's best-selling sedan City made in 2012 will be affected. The recall will also include 659 units of the 2012-manufactured Accord, and 1200 units of the Civic made in the same year.

The Takata recall has been a global phenomenon with Japanese car companies being particularly badly hit by its faulty airbags. Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and Nissan have gone in for recalls to fix the Takata airbags and the Takata-triggered recalls have been among the biggest car recalls in India.

Globally Takata is facing investigations with reports suggesting that the company will fork out up to $1 billion to settle US criminal probe.
Source: TOI Link

Here's one more link for more info:

http://m.overdrive.in/news/honda-ind...driver-airbag/

Quote:

...there isn't enough power to quickly accelerate. My car was driven by my copuple of friends as well and they also complaint of low pickup. I feel low pick issue from the very beginning thought it is just my misunderstanding...

If anything iVtecs are known for their free revving acceleration. A couple of things to check.

- Check the tire pressure. Should be per specification.
- Has the engine oil within specification? i.e. been changed regularly.
- Is the fuel clean? Try changing the filling station.
- Have the fuel injectors been cleaned on schedule?