Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 09:34   #5416

Thanks Varun, will definitely follow through your suggestions, but my car has always been serviced on time. I will ask ASS to clean fuel injectors.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th February 2017 at 10:16. Reason: Cleaned dotty post.
Old 8th February 2017, 21:21   #5417
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.upes View Post
Do anyone of you also feel the same?
Not really. I honestly believe the Honda City offers one of the best acceleration in its price bracket. My car never fails to leave a smile on my face!

As pointed out by a fellow member, try flooring it in 1st to the red line and hitting 100 in 2nd. If you achieve that in 10-12 seconds, you are fine and it simply requires understanding and adapting to the power band of the car. If not, recommend you to visit the service centre and ask them to run the obd scanner / other tests to detect what's wrong.
Old 8th February 2017, 22:44   #5418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post

As pointed out by a fellow member, try flooring it in 1st to the red line and hitting 100 in 2nd.
Be careful. The max allowable speed for Honda city in 2nd gear is 71 KMPH and 93 KMPH for diesel / petrol respectively.
Old 8th February 2017, 23:42   #5419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Be careful. The max allowable speed for Honda city in 2nd gear is 71 KMPH and 93 KMPH for diesel / petrol respectively.
Sure? I've done it. In fact, check this article out: [LINK]

Quote:
The new City feels a bit more willing to rev than the older model. Though redlined at 6,500 rpm, the engine will comfortably rev past that to 7,000 rpm. To put that into perspective, the new City hits an indicated 100 km/h…in second gear! To put that into even larger perspective, even the Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI managed only 105 km/h in second.
Old 9th February 2017, 00:57   #5420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure? I've done it. In fact, check this article out: [LINK]
"Can do it" and "is a good idea to do it" are two entirely different things.

Redlining your engine to this extent - especially in a new car - is not the wisest thing to do.
Old 9th February 2017, 07:49   #5421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
"Can do it" and "is a good idea to do it" are two entirely different things.

Redlining your engine to this extent - especially in a new car - is not the wisest thing to do.
Sir, with all due respect, the OP has a 2015 model if your see his post. Mine is 2014.

Surely not new ..
Old 9th February 2017, 19:37   #5422

Quote:
As pointed out by a fellow member, try flooring it in 1st to the red line and hitting 100 in 2nd. If you achieve that in 10-12 seconds,
I agree with you. Although I have not timed my run of 0-100kmh. But I do agree that it does touch 100kmh easily in 2nd gear and then the rev limiter kicks in ( have done it quite a few times on empty stretches. ).
namitkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 11:05   #5423
BHPian

So finally like others, I had the rattling issues like others after driving 31,000 kms. The rattling sound is observed from the center dashboard and from the glove box area.

The center dashboard sound is feeble but enough to be heard. The glove box side sound is higher and really audible. The sound occurs only on sharp road edges and while going over the road reflectors. Took the vehicle to the service center today and they promised to fix it. Seems they have an idea as this is already known.

The New Honda City has arrived at Peninsular Honda, Trivandrum. I asked for a look but seems they are not allowing now. Would try again today evening. First thing I checked with service adviser is whether the suspension has been changed. As per him, the suspension is same as the current vehicle. Well that had erased any possible exchange which I had slightly in my mind.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:14   #5424
BHPian

^ New Honda City is only a visual upgrade. Basically no mechanical changes. I think they have increased the GC. But apart from that, there's no reason to 'upgrade' to this if you're a current Honda City owner. Engine, transmission, frame, suspension all are same as current city.
Old 10th February 2017, 18:19   #5425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
From where did you get this info? And IMO max allowable speed in any gear is max speed at the redline.
Old 10th February 2017, 18:27   #5426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
So finally like others, I had the rattling issues like others after driving 31,000 kms. The rattling sound is observed from the center dashboard and from the glove box area.

The center dashboard sound is feeble but enough to be heard. The glove box side sound is higher and really audible. The sound occurs only on sharp road edges and while going over the road reflectors. Took the vehicle to the service center today and they promised to fix it. Seems they have an idea as this is already known.
Rattling noise has been fixed. No more noises now. It was a 2 hr job. No charges.

However, the service adviser noticed another problem. On riding through bad roads there was a jerky feeling. It was diagnosed as tyre bulging especially on the rear. There are no problems seen in the shocks. As per SA, shocks can get affected due to bad tyres.

SA has mentioned comments in the bill to replace the tyres. Mine is Goodyear GT3 175/65 and the odo now exactly stands at 31200 kms.

Thinking of replacing tyres asap. Heart is telling to go for Michelin P3ST 195/60. SA has recommended Michelin or else Bridgestone.
Old 10th February 2017, 18:53   #5427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Heart is telling to go for Michelin P3ST 195/60. SA has recommended Michelin or else Bridgestone.
Nothing in Bridgestone that can match up to the P3ST, IMHO.

It's the best choice if budget is not an issue. Else you could look at Continental MC5 at a slightly lower budget, or Yokohama Earth 1 at an even lower budget - both good choices as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 18:55   #5428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rattling noise has been fixed. No more noises now. It was a 2 hr job. No charges.

However, the service adviser noticed another problem. On riding through bad roads there was a jerky feeling. It was diagnosed as tyre bulging especially on the rear. There are no problems seen in the shocks. As per SA, shocks can get affected due to bad tyres.

SA has mentioned comments in the bill to replace the tyres. Mine is Goodyear GT3 175/65 and the odo now exactly stands at 31200 kms.

Thinking of replacing tyres asap. Heart is telling to go for Michelin P3ST 195/60. SA has recommended Michelin or else Bridgestone.
Michelin P3ST is a great option - I would recommend it too. I have XM2, but I guess the price differential between the two is not much and P3ST is the better choice between the two. I have the dashboard rattles again as well with about 38,000 kms on the ODO Now. Will have to ask the Service Advisor to look into it during the next service. Some of them know how to fix it and some dont - so its kind of a gamble...
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 19:16   #5429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Nothing in Bridgestone that can match up to the P3ST, IMHO.

It's the best choice if budget is not an issue. Else you could look at Continental MC5 at a slightly lower budget, or Yokohama Earth 1 at an even lower budget - both good choices as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Michelin P3ST is a great option - I would recommend it too. I have XM2, but I guess the price differential between the two is not much and P3ST is the better choice between the two. I have the dashboard rattles again as well with about 38,000 kms on the ODO Now. Will have to ask the Service Advisor to look into it during the next service. Some of them know how to fix it and some dont - so its kind of a gamble...
I don't want to go for Goodyear again although the Goodyear Assurance tyre has a good review comment from one of the Distinguished BHPian. But this tyre as per him is not for comfort. So, it does not fit the Honda City as ride quality is not City's strong area.

Yokohama Earth1 - I installed on my Wagon R recently. Road noise is lesser by a great extent but comfort and FE really not much changes observed compared to the previous JK. But again my Wagon R is 10 year old, so can't expect much.

Thanks for your comments.

Srivatsa - Need to find a right service adviser to fix these issues. Luckily, there is a very good engineer in Peninsular Honda, TVM who is very much experienced and fixed all my problems so far in the car.
Old 10th February 2017, 19:31   #5430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
^ New Honda City is only a visual upgrade. Basically no mechanical changes. I think they have increased the GC. But apart from that, there's no reason to 'upgrade' to this if you're a current Honda City owner. Engine, transmission, frame, suspension all are same as current city.
Totally Agree. Honda had a good chance to bring in a Hybrid Model and be the first one to do so in this segment. Looks like we need to wait another 3 years for that. I do hope that cool looking touchscreen AVN system would be made available as an accessory for the current gen City as well

Quote:
Srivatsa - Need to find a right service adviser to fix these issues. Luckily, there is a very good engineer in Peninsular Honda, TVM who is very much experienced and fixed all my problems so far in the car.
Agree, there was Service guy at Magnum Honda Bangalore who had fixed it earlier on. Need to see if that guy is still around...otherwise have to live with it

Most Viewed