Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2017, 07:47   #5476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask77 View Post
They charge 1750/- for fully synthetic oil 0W-20 . I think it is quite reasonable. I have opted for full synthetic oil my first paid service.

Got my 30k service done last week at Dakshin Honda, Bangalore. My VX CVT celebrates its 3rd birthday this month with 31600 on ODO. Used Honda fully synthetic oil this tome since the difference is just Rs. 200 between the standard oil and the new synthetic. Very happy with the way the engine feels smoother with the new lube.
Old 18th February 2017, 11:27   #5477
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

Driving around with less than 1/4th of the Tank full is a bad idea and is a sure shot way to damage or cause premature failure of the fuel pump and also the catalytic converter.
Both are expensive parts and its always better to keep the fuel pump submerged in fuel and never to let the fuel level go below 1/4th.
Never knew this part! I refuel only when the car shows last bar / low fuel light turns on. Will have to start refueling with 2-3 bars left. Hope no damage has been caused to the parts during the last 3 years.
Old 18th February 2017, 11:28   #5478
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Got my 30k service done last week at Dakshin Honda, Bangalore. My VX CVT celebrates its 3rd birthday this month with 31600 on ODO. Used Honda fully synthetic oil this tome since the difference is just Rs. 200 between the standard oil and the new synthetic. Very happy with the way the engine feels smoother with the new lube.

I got my 15K service done yesterday and have a very similar experience. Had used only mineral oil so far, but the SA said that the price of synthetic oil is just 200 rupees more. Asked him to go ahead. I noticed an immediate improvement in refinement after the service. But sometimes it is hard to say whether the improvement is due to just the oil or other factors such as air filter cleaning etc. Will continue to observe over the next few days.

Frankly I am surprised how Honda has been able to price their synthetic oil close to regular mineral oil
Old 18th February 2017, 13:33   #5479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
Never knew this part! I refuel only when the car shows last bar / low fuel light turns on. Will have to start refueling with 2-3 bars left. Hope no damage has been caused to the parts during the last 3 years.
Refuelling at 2-3 bars would not be good enough.

The City fuel guage shows 20 bars on a full tank. Its better to refuel when it reaches 5 bars (quarter mark) or a bit more and not let the fuel level fall further.
The key thing is to keep the fuel pump submerged in fuel to keep it well lubricated and reduce strain and premature wear.
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 14:08   #5480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Frankly I am surprised how Honda has been able to price their synthetic oil close to regular mineral oil
Made in India under license from their usual oil supplier Idemitsu. I think by Savita, the same company that makes the Savsol brand.

The more expensive ones are generally imported - either as plastic jugs or in drums / shipping containers and then locally bottled.
Old 18th February 2017, 16:08   #5481
BHPian

Visited Saphire Honda (Bangalore) to get a glimpse of 2017 edition.

Didn't get a chance to test drive, but overheard sales team convincing a customer saying NVH level (for Diesel variants) has improved compared to previous editions. Modern Steel Metallic (New) and White Orchid Pearl higher variants are in demand, commands a waiting period of 20-25 days.

Few pictures, it’s a top variant automatic Petrol (ZX, CVT)
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-2.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-3.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-4.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-5.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-6.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-7.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-8.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-9.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-10.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-11.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-12.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-13.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-14.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-15.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-16.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-17.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-18.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-19.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-21.jpeg  

Scorpion 10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 19:24   #5482
Senior - BHPian

The boot lid inner cover/cladding is giving it a neat look. I'm wondering whether the cover can be fitted in the pre-facelift version City.
Old 18th February 2017, 22:47   #5483
BHPian

Quote:
The boot lid inner cover/cladding is giving it a neat look. I'm wondering whether the cover can be fitted in the pre-facelift version City.

Good to see that shame caught up with Honda finally to have the boot lid lining pad. Don't know if it is only on the ZX version or all models. Also it would be good to see if they finally have a lining for the tyre wells too.
Old 18th February 2017, 23:04   #5484
Senior - BHPian

I think the City CVT will kill the BR-V CVT! The only CVT in BR-V is almost ₹80k expensive than the V-CVT variant of the City: which looks like the most desirable variant of the City.
Old 19th February 2017, 09:39   #5485
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Good to see that shame caught up with Honda finally to have the boot lid lining pad. Don't know if it is only on the ZX version or all models.
The boot-lid lining is present in all the variants except the base variant(S MT).
Old 19th February 2017, 12:57   #5486
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Good to see that shame caught up with Honda finally to have the boot lid lining pad. Don't know if it is only on the ZX version or all models. Also it would be good to see if they finally have a lining for the tyre wells too.

When taking pictures of the boot cladding thoughts came to my mind how much Honda would have saved on a vehicle, by not including it in the previous editions.

Rs 50/- , I told myself!

Can cladding be done here, experts ?
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1.jpg  

Old 19th February 2017, 15:50   #5487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
When taking pictures of the boot cladding thoughts came to my mind how much Honda would have saved on a vehicle, by not including it in the previous editions.

Rs 50/- , I told myself!

Definitely. All you'll need is the OEM cladding and some clips. Manufacturers rarely do sheet metal changes in facelifts.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 16:20   #5488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
....thoughts came to my mind how much Honda would have saved on a vehicle, by not including it in the previous editions.

Rs 50/- , I told myself!

For the 2 lakh plus Gen4 City units which Honda has sold in the last 3 years, the Rs 50 per car would work out to over a Rs 1 Crore of savings.
Practically, the cladding would definitely cost more than Rs 50, so the savings would have been much more.

That is why manufacturers skimp on where-ever they can, with high volumes of sales, the savings add up to be substantial.

Thankfully the City has not skimped on practical/essential features for eg: they have provided two reversing lights and not a single reversing light like they give in the Vento and other cars. Even one bulb less is a huge saving for VW.

Agreed that the other light is a rear fog light but two reversing lights are needed for better illumination while reversing apart from a single light being an aesthetic eyesore.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 19th February 2017 at 16:28.
Old 19th February 2017, 17:18   #5489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Definitely. All you'll need is the OEM cladding and some clips. Manufacturers rarely do sheet metal changes in facelifts.
Unfortunately in this case, I don't think so. Look at the plastic pins on the cladding.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-7.png

I don't see the holes for those pins in the older boot cover.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 17:20   #5490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Unfortunately in this case, I don't think so. Look at the plastic pins on the cladding.

I don't see the holes for those pins in the older boot cover.
Oops!! I stand corrected. Looks like it will involve drilling some holes too.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed