Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 15:16   #5536
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Have you tried the Honda rodent repellent treatment that the service centres offer to keep rats away?
Yes, tried. The rats chewed the wires couple of months after their so called repellent treatment.
rajivn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 20:28   #5537
BHPian

My 2012 Honda City went for a scheduled service last Saturday at the Shree Honda in Newtown, Kolkata, very near to my place. My extended warranty just recently expired a few days ago. The Service manager there offered the ATW (Any Time Warranty) for about Rs.9200 for an year (or a maximum of 20k kms whichever comes earlier), and also told me that the ATW is extendable for a maximum of 7 years. Since the car is in top condition and we want to keep it for a few more years, I decided to take it for peace of mind and also to protect my investment, although it sounded a bit on the expensive side. I shall decide about the 6th year extension when the time comes.

When I went back to Shree Honda late in the afternoon to pick up my car, the service attendant ran through the costs of all items of the service. He pointed out
that passenger side airbag was replaced at no cost to me. In fact it showed up in the bill with the actual price, but the cost to the customer was shown as zero. Naturally I asked about the driver-side airbag. The service person went through on their server all my previous service appointments with Honda and told me, the driver-side airbag was replaced exactly one year ago, that is, in March 2016 during regular scheduled service, without me having told about it. He also told me, it must have appeared also in the bill and I probably overlooked it.

What was a bit amusing for me was that the service person was describing the air-bag replacement as an "update" of parts rather than a recall for faulty parts. Any way, I did not argue with him on this. I just told him, recalls happen with all responsible brands and there is nothing to be ashamed of as long as the company does all it can to control any potential damage.
Old 30th March 2017, 21:03   #5538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
My question: on the brand new car (500km driven) did you add any essential treatment - for example 3M paint protection etc that you swear by and think is absolutely crucial? For now I haven't added any such thing to my car :-)
Congratulations on your new car

Go with 3M under body coating. Make sure it's done before 1000 km mark to get 5 years warranty. Few franchisees refuse to give warranty if vehicle has crossed 1000 km. Touch-up works, which might come up in future (during the warranty period) needs to be carried out from the same shop from where the initial coating was done, keep this in mind while choosing the store.

Last edited by Scorpion 10 : 30th March 2017 at 21:04.
Scorpion 10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 07:57   #5539
BHPian

Any idea on whether the Honda City 2014 model is BS-IV / V compliant? Will it be mentioned somewhere on the vehicle?
Old 31st March 2017, 08:34   #5540
BANNED

Quote:
Any idea on whether the Honda City 2014 model is BS-IV / V compliant? Will it be mentioned somewhere on the vehicle?
Check your cars RC book, it'll have that mentioned.

I think it is BS III compliant.
Old 31st March 2017, 09:28   #5541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on whether the Honda City 2014 model is BS-IV / V compliant?
It would be BS-IV model, BS-IV norms for 4-wheelers were made effective since Apr 2010 in metros & major cities (total 13 cities) which includes Bengaluru.
India is skipping BS-V norms & plans to move to BS-VI norms by 2020.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 20:12   #5542
BHPian

Are Honda Service Centres open on Sunday?

And..if can I give the car for scheduled servicing 3 days later than the given date, will it affect the warranty or free service?

Service Centre in question is Dakshin Honda in Bangalore.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 31st March 2017 at 20:29.
Old 31st March 2017, 20:33   #5543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post

And..if can I give the car for scheduled servicing 3 days later than the given date, will it affect the warranty or free service?

They don't work on Sundays and a few days here and there won't make a difference

You can always call them and schedule an appointment on a convenient date
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 20:50   #5544
BHPian

Quote:

I took delivery of my car after done with regular service on a Sunday (Saphire Honda, Bangalore). That was a month back and it was business as usual for them.

3 days doesn't make any difference, they won't make a fuss out of it.
Scorpion 10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:22   #5545

Has anyone installed PedalTune on Honda City VTEC MT ( 2014 and above model ) ?
If yes, any noticeable difference ?
namitkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 10:29   #5546
BHPian

Honda City IDTEC VMT 3 Year and 50,000KM update.

Car has completed 3 years and 50000KM. Got 6th schedule service done. Total Bill came around Rs 4500.

Tyre's changed from Goodyear GT3 (came with car) to 195/60R15 Michelin Primacy 3ST

Major issues encountered in last 3 years

1. Door sensor issue. door unlocks and locks when car goes over pothole or bumps.replaced driver side door sensor. Cost of replaced part 80rs Total Damage 0 rs (covered under warranty)
2. Front Brake Rotor and Pads replaced at 30000KM due to shuddering at high speed braking. issue identified as wrapped rotors. After replacement for last 20k kms its going smooth. Total damage approx 7500rs
3. Left Rear Door Latch mechanism replaced. Total Damage Rs 1400

Minor issues
1. Rattles from Dashboard, Doors. ASC will fix it every time car goes for service but will reappear after 3-4k service
2. Rear Door Beading came off once, got it fixed.

Minor Incidents\Accidents
1. Bolero rear ended while car was stopped in traffic. Rear bumpers came off from clip. Got it fixed as ASC. Done it free of cost.

Mileage approx 18.5kmpl on daily use and 21kmpl in highway. Best mileage was 28.1 kmpl avg for 350kms (Bangalore-Trichi)
Vrrooommm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 10:45   #5547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shouldn't be an issue. I think there is a leeway of a week. Also make sure the odo reading is not way too high past the recommended one.
Old 4th April 2017, 14:15   #5548
BHPian

Quote:

Dakshin Honda in Bangalore.
Yes Dakshin Honda does work Sundays and like the other BHPians have suggested, a few days here and there wont matter / for that matter their tolerance zone with respect to KMs run is also reasonable - around +/- 100KMs

Tip for going on Sundays - they open at 9, so try to be there by then so that you can push for a same day return, else you can expect to hear "saar lot of cars carried over from Saturday, weekend rush etc etc, can we give your vehicle back tomorrow"

Cheers
Uday
Old 6th April 2017, 18:13   #5549
BHPian

3rd year service completed on VX CVT. Following work was done:

Engine Oil Change (0W-20 Synthetic)
Brake Fluid Replacement
Air Filter Replacement
All other general checkups.
Complementary AC duct cleaning and disinfectant. Got as a gift voucher on renewal of insurance. I personally watched getting it done.

Total Cost: 4274

AC Cabin Filter had to be replaced during the service. However, I purchased the Bosch Oxy Pure Cabin Filter. Good product. The air feels very fresh as of now.

Cost of Cabin Filter: 1900

Total Combined Cost: 5174

No other problems detected. The car is riding fantastically well on the recently up sized Michelin Primacy 3ST (195/60 R15).

Last edited by adarsh76 : 6th April 2017 at 18:15.
adarsh76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 22:52   #5550
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
3rd year service completed on VX CVT. Following work was done:

Engine Oil Change (0W-20 Synthetic)
Brake Fluid Replacement
Air Filter Replacement
All other general checkups.
Complementary AC duct cleaning and disinfectant. Got as a gift voucher on renewal of insurance. I personally watched getting it done.

Total Cost: 4274

AC Cabin Filter had to be replaced during the service. However, I purchased the Bosch Oxy Pure Cabin Filter. Good product. The air feels very fresh as of now.

Cost of Cabin Filter: 1900

Total Combined Cost: 5174

No other problems detected. The car is riding fantastically well on the recently up sized Michelin Primacy 3ST (195/60 R15).
Congrats for your servicing. Isn't 1900 excessive for the Bosch cabin filter? Are there any advantages of this v/s the stock filter? Since I believe the stock filter is less than half of this cost right. Did you really supervise the entire servicing? I believe it's not allowed at my service station though I never tried. Which insurance did you go for and how much did you pay?

AC duct cleaning is a must in Honda city as the design seems to be susceptible to mold growing in the ducts. I also had to get this done within a month of buying the car (free) as there was a bad smell every time the AC was started.

In other news I got all 5 of my tyres rotated as Honda was refusing to rotate all 5 tyres since the job sheet mentioned only 4 tyre rotation. Also got the wheel alignment done. The alignment was quite a bit off and after the first round of alignment they swapped the FR and FL tyres and finally after some more adjustments it was proper. They also discovered that there was a puncture in one of the tyres which was fixed at the same time. Preventive maintenance always makes sense...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks