Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-376.html)

Does someone know where the fuse for interior lights is located? Is it in the engine bay or under the dash?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruchir031 (Post 4202477)
Does someone know where the fuse for interior lights is located? Is it in the engine bay or under the dash?

I think it's in the fuse box located under the bonnet.

You can check your owners manual, it will mostly be under "handling the unexpected > fuse locations". Keep in mind "Small light" is not the interior light, it's the parking lamps. Search for the words "Interior lights" in the fuse diagrams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 4197071)
The AC of my diesel City is acting up quite badly. Whenever the car slows down in traffic or stops at red lights, the compressor trips.

Just to add to your check list. I faced the same problem back in 2012. The AC mechanic checked the fuse box for blown AC fuse and faulty relay. The culprit was a blown AC fuse and was replaced and the no cooling at low rpm problem was solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torino (Post 4202730)
Just to add to your check list. I faced the same problem back in 2012. The AC mechanic checked the fuse box for blown AC fuse and faulty relay. The culprit was a blown AC fuse and was replaced and the no cooling at low rpm problem was solved.

I was going through the posts and read the original post from Shreyans and was about to reply him.
I had exact same problem with my Santro. AC was working fine from last two years and suddenly it started tripping whenever I was stuck in traffic or the car was moving slowly. Sometimes when it did trip, it refused to start for good half an hour and was quite random.
Gave the car to AC service, they cleaned the evaporator but that didn't help. Finally, the mechanic opened the fuse box, and found the place where the fuse sits was melted and hence the fuse wasn't working.

So he did some jugaad and took out the wires and made a place for the fuse and it's working fine now.

Okay so I just read a post about how a Jetta locked itself after detecting 10 seconds of no activity after being unlocked. Very impressed. Will be handy if you forget to lock your car sometime.

Link : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...s-road-39.html

My question: Do we have the same feature in our City?

I know we have speed-sensitive auto lock. But is it time sensitive as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4204559)
Okay so I just read a post about how a Jetta locked itself after detecting 10 seconds of no activity after being unlocked. Very impressed. Will be handy if you forget to lock your car sometime.

Link : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...s-road-39.html

My question: Do we have the same feature in our City?

I know we have speed-sensitive auto lock. But is it time sensitive as well?

Yes. If you unlock from outside and then don't open any of the doors for 40 seconds it will lock again.

Hey guys, had a weird problem with my City today.
On my one day trip to Ambala yesterday, I was returning back this morning and the car was swaying left to right on its own, the steering also felt a little lighter than usual. The car was never steady at speeds above of 70. I got the air pressure immediately checked which was fine. Speeds above 70kmph felt highly dangerous and I had to maintain a very firm grip on the steering throughout the journey, this didn't happen when going to Ambala, everything was fine but the return trip was quite a frightening one. My car is a pre-facelift, Dec 15 model and has done 22,000 Kms so far and never had an issue like this.
I have had many long highway trips with speeds going up to 140 kmph, this is the first time I have experienced something like this.
Will be taking the car to A.S.S on Wednesday or Thursday, does anyone have some pointers as to what the issue could be or has anyone else faced it?
P.S Wheel alignment and balancing was done a month and 1100 kms back.

Tie rods / Suspension or shocks possibly.

Have it checked asap - not a good thing at any speed let alone overspeeding on highways.

The other alternative is that your tyres are bad and lost their round shape going oval etc, or has uneven wear due to too long between balancing / rotation of tyres.

Again have that checked. Especially the case if you're still on the usual cheap jk or mrf tyres he dealer will fit on your car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4207455)
Tie rods / Suspension or shocks possibly.

Have it checked asap - not a good thing at any speed let alone overspeeding on highways.

The other alternative is that your tyres are bad and lost their round shape going oval etc, or has uneven wear due to too long between balancing / rotation of tyres.

Again have that checked. Especially the case if you're still on the usual cheap jk or mrf tyres he dealer will fit on your car.

Thank you! will have everything checked this Wed. I highly doubt Tie rods/ Suspension could be the culprit.
I couldn't tell if there is uneven wear but the balancing/rotation and alignment have been regularly done every 5,000 Kms since the purchase of car.

The tyres are the MRF ZVTV's and I dislike them from the moment I had the car, had plans to get them changed before hitting 30,000 KMs but I guess it might happen rather earlier.

Do you think alignment could be a cause for this?

If the tyres have lost their shape alignment will only be of temporary help if at all. Check them first. My oem JK tyres went that way at under 16k kilometres and rather than replace them under guarantee with another set of JK I traded them in for Bridgestones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruchir031 (Post 4207453)
On my one day trip to Ambala yesterday, I was returning back this morning and the car was swaying left to right on its own, the steering also felt a little lighter than usual.

Did any tyre get hit/go over something at highway speeds ?

Some suspension component has taken a blow and it seems to be the culprit here, if you want you can check it by following these techniques

1. Go around and push your car down from the fenders; if it springs back normally then your shocks are good.

2. Jack your car and wiggle the tyre holding it at the 9 - 3 clock position and check for play; if excessive movement is noticed your tie-rod/control arm is gone. Now wiggle the tyre holding in the 12 - 6 clock position and check for any play; if yes then your wheel bearing is on it's way.

3. If you notice a kkrrr kkrrr sound while turning the steering at standstill/while driving; your rack is damaged.

4. Turn your wheels lock-to-lock and just visually check for any stone that might have got stuck in the components or visible damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSH (Post 4207483)
Did any tyre get hit/go over something at highway speeds ?

Some suspension component has taken a blow and it seems to be the culprit here, if you want you can check it by following these techniques

The car didn't go over anything on this trip, in fact, it was a trip where I didn't even encounter a small pothole. Not sure how exactly something like this happened in less than 24 hours.

1. Everything fine here, it's springing back as it should.

2. Will check on this

3. Everything good, no weird sounds.

4. Looks fine too.

Anyways thanks for the suggestions! Will be taking the car to A.S.S tomorrow, will find out soon enough what the actual problem is.

So I went to the A.S.S yesterday and explained to them the issue and told them to check everything which was advised here which they thoroughly did.

After 2 hours of proper inspection, they pretty confidently said nothing is wrong with the suspension, shockers, tie rods, wheel bearing, steering, rack or any other part. I asked them to check the tyres and even they were fine, no threads coming out, no uneven wear and even the shape is as it should be. I asked them to find anything they could find at fault, but they said there is no issue with any of the parts and advised me to get the balancing of rear wheels and alignment done which I agreed upon but still wasn't very satisfied how balancing could help.

Later I took the car to my trusted mechanic and asked him to re-check everything and even he says nothing is wrong with any of the said parts.

I guess I'll just have to take their word for it and take the car back on a highway to check if the issue persists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruchir031 (Post 4209062)
I guess I'll just have to take their word for it and take the car back on a highway to check if the issue persists.

If the issue is still there and since all suspension components have been checked, that leaves out the only other obvious culprit. The EPS. Don't know how they'll check that. Ideally it would be to hook up scanner and check if any error shows when the issue happens at the speeds.

But if you don't encounter the issue again then, well, maybe you were just having a bad day that day :D

Hi everyone i have a October 2016 Petrol honda city VX CVT which has covered 3200kms as of now. Initially it was just kept parked and had just 180 kms on the odometer till February due to which the service was also skipped. The first service happened in February and the second service just happened last week in which they changed the oil too.
Right from the onset the car has been giving me an average of only 9kmpl and it has been used only in the city. Over the same driving cycle/traffic conditions my manual civic used to give 11.5kmpl and my other car which is a diesel octavia gives 14kmpl. The last fuel fill i decided to check the mileage even more and used it on the highway for a total of 210 kms with ECON mode on and maximum speed of 100km/hr while mostly cruising at 80km/hr. The MID went up to 13kmpl only. This was with me driving with the lightest foot possible and even accelerating at a snails pace!!When iv tried driving this way with my civic iv managed 14kmpl and in my octavia i manage 21kmpl! The acceleration too feels very strained and the revs rise way faster than the speed. Has anyone else faced this issue. I'm planning on taking it for a longer run on the highway and maybe do around 1k kms more to check whether it improves post the run!

The other issue i face is that while speaking via the bluetooth if the lights are switched on there is a lot of static and disturbance on the call. If you turn the light off the static goes away. Its very peculiar...any ideas? The workshop first said they'd update the software but on checking they saw that there was no software update required and have asked for 3-4hours with the car to diagnose the wiring. Will be sending the car for this once I'm back from my trip.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:10.