Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2017, 00:36   #5671
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Hi, thanks for all the information!

I have the V variant and I am not exactly sure if the whole assembly is damaged. The shell (colored part) was ripped off and broken, in the inner module I could see bits and pieces of broken plastic and screws.
The mirror, however, is intact. All it's controls works (up,down, left & right) haven't tried folding the ORVM electronically yet as I had just taped it so it stays put and not fall off with a jerk. I guess I'll have to only replace the shell if the ORVM properly fold/unfolds?

Really sad you had to get it fixed twice within 2 days! I hate these idiot bus/truck drivers.
If the main mirror assembly is intact and if all the functions works (Mirror positioning, indicator light, and electronic folding of the mirror) then all is well and you just need to replace the shell.

The incident happened over a week's time for me, cause I had gotten the Mirror assembly changed through insurance (bumper to bumper and I had already made a claim a couple of months before this incident). For the shell, I paid from my pocket, as it was relatively not expensive.

If I can find my old bills, I will let you know the exact price over the extended weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

Now my query. Car had just completed 3 years. Odo is at 72k. SA said battery for diesel City usually only last for max 2 years and it's amazing mine has gone for so long. Is this true?

Also, I paid 5400 for battery. Fair price?
My stock Amaron battery only lasted 2 years, and my car is a petrol.ODO must have been around 60K and I had changed the battery through a local Amaron dealer. I don't remember the exact price, but it was around Rs.4000 for an Amaron battery with 48 months warranty. (They did not have stock for the 60-month warranty battery)

The price depends on how many months warranty you have received. Anything more than 48 months seems okay to me.
themonster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 06:34   #5672
BHPian

I got the 40K service done on my Honda City VMT 2012, yesterday. They put synthetic oil iso of mineral oil. When asked, was told that Honda now prefers synthetic oil for all cars as a preference. The total bill came to INR 6.5K including Nitrogen top up in all tyres for INR 180. They did the regular oil filter change, air filter change, battery check, wheel aligning & balancing, cleaned the engine externally under the hood, so now it looks shiny and new.

I was also told that recently the prices of raw material have gone up hence the increase in final bill and also, post GST, the regular servicing will cost even more.
Old 25th June 2017, 08:20   #5673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
.. 40K service done on my Honda City VMT 2012, yesterday. They put synthetic oil .. was told that Honda now prefers synthetic oil for all cars as a preference.
Only petrol variants have a choice of mineral/synthetic engine oil.
For diesel variants, the oil remains the same; mineral OEM option only.
Old 25th June 2017, 14:50   #5674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
If the main mirror assembly is intact and if all the functions works (Mirror positioning, indicator light, and electronic folding of the mirror) then all is well and you just need to replace the shell.

If I can find my old bills, I will let you know the exact price over the extended weekend.
Everything works fine from fold/unfold to indicator! Looks like I wouldn't have to shell out a lot on the shell. Thanks a lot though!
Old 28th June 2017, 22:24   #5675
BHPian

I was searching for k&N air filter for my ANHC 2014 diesel version and fortunately come to know that K&N now has got the filter elements for 1.5 I-Dtec engine as well (earlier it was available for only petrol version).

https://www.knfilters.com/search/pro...x?prod=33-3038

Diesel Air filter model number :- K&N 33-3038
Petrol Air filter model number :- K&N 33-3030

after looking at the diesel version of filter element, the first impression is that did they actually blocked some of flow area of filter element ? Need to check with OEM filter element how does it looks
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-333038.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-333038_alt.jpg  

akshay386 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 18:52   #5676
Senior - BHPian

Fourth-gen Honda City crosses 2.5 lakh unit sales milestone

Honda has sold over 2.5 lakh units of the fourth-generation City in India. The car was launched in the country in January 2014. Having achieved this sales milestone, the current-gen has become the best-selling generation of the City sedan. Cumulatively, Honda has sold over 1 million (10 lakh) units of the City across the globe, which means that the Indian market accounts for 25% of the City's global sales.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 29th June 2017 at 18:53.
dZired is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 10:00   #5677
Senior - BHPian

I would not assume it path breaking, it was just an attempt for survival of the brand in India. The "City" as a brand was able to maintain its strength in India. The brand recall was strong and the diesel option made it desirable for the people with higher running.

To further up the game against the present leader "Ciaz", a lot has been done by Honda, a lot is still required to be done in terms of maintaining brand popularity and being "one up" against the competition. Honda needs to watch out for the upcoming Verna also, as Hyundai will do everything possible to exceed the expectations of C2 Sedan buyers.

Cheers !
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:04   #5678

Dear Team BHPians and Honda City Owners,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend who recently bought a brand new Honda City, 2017 model. 2 months after the car was purchased AC stopped working and from there the sequence of nightmares started to unfold. To cut long story short, the service center has lifted up their hands stating they are unable to zero down on issue and has escalated the same to Honda and is waiting for a response. Iam listing down the sequence of events for fellow BHPians to analyze and help me identify the issue.

Make: Honda
Model : City 2017 VX CVT
Date of purchase: 22-Mar-2017

Sequence of Events

• 18th June, long drive from Palakkad to Ernakulam (150 Kms). AC worked fine

• 19th June, Ac stopped working. Only hot air was flowing out. Dropped the vehicle in Service centre (Vision Honda, Palarivattom)

• 20th June, SA delivered the vehicle stating all looks good and they have refilled the pressure also asking my friend to test on long drives

• Next few days as it was continuously raining temperature outside was cool and it seemed that the AC was working as expected

• On 25th June, drove to Munnar and on the way mist started forming on windshield and ac was not working at all. After stalling and restarting the car AC started working again. Glad he made his trip to Munnar as the same was a hill station and family didn’t have to face much of heat due to this nagging issue.

• 29th June, dropped the vehicle at Vision Honda and the initial feedback from SM was thermostat is not working and they don’t want to remove parts of a new car

• 30th June, car was in their custody and they drove the vehicle for 160kms and ended up replacing some relay (god knows what). They said they will keep the vehicle for two more days for trial runs. Dealer had raised the issue with Honda on 20 June itself but there was no response from Honda and when my friend asked for a copy of complaint the dealer refused to share (Not sure why) and consoled him stating they will change the whole unit if issue pops up again

Would like to know if there are any Honda owners who have face the similar issue in past. Requesting the experts to contribute their views which can lead to identify the root cause
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:36   #5679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulls View Post
To cut long story short, the service center has lifted up their hands stating they are unable to zero down on issue and has escalated the same to Honda and is waiting for a response.
While waiting for Honda is a good option, I would suggest making noise in social media where Honda is present. Companies are very reactive to social media these days and the response could be faster.
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:49   #5680
Senior - BHPian

There is a temperature sensor aka thermistor in some cars that may have failed. Or possibly an ecu issue. No sense in cooling coil or compressor issues at this early a stage
Old 4th July 2017, 23:12   #5681
BHPian

Coolant level in my ANHC 2015 petrol is going down day by day. Car has completed 31K Kms till date.
In last servicing(February 2017-27K Kms) coolant level was at Max mark but it is now just above Min mark and I see very small blueish deposit near coolant reservoir cap (see arrow in image).
Is there anything to worry about?
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-coolant.jpg  

Old 4th July 2017, 23:49   #5682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
Coolant level in my ANHC 2015 petrol is going down day by day.
Definitely there is cause for worry. Your coolant shouldn't be going from Max to Min in 4000 kms.

Are you sure you have not had any minor frontal crash lately, or something like banging a small rock or other obstruction during parking or high speed which might cause a miniscule leak in the radiator or the coolant reservoir? If not then a minute detailed check-up is warranted.

Another possibility is that some routine maintenance work may have been carried out on the car which needs the coolant lines to be worked on like radiator flush or something and then the coolant was not topped up properly after the job.

Also possible that your HASS has deliberately done it to make you undergo some costly repair later, depends on how good/bad the fellows are.

Does you car show signs of heating up? Do check if the coolant in the reservoir is boiling/spewing right after a drive. Pop up the hood as soon as you stop after a short/long drive and check. This might happen if you radiator fan is malfunctioning which causes coolant to overflow and you have a loss of coolant.

Before going to HASS you can try topping up the level to Max again and then check routinely. If there are signs of coolant loss again after about 2-3 thousand kms then you can seek help.

Lastly, do keep a stock of about 4 liters of premixed coolant or 2ltrs concentrate coolant and 2 ltrs distilled water handy in your car just in case the leak decides to have you stranded at an inconvenient time far from help.
Old 10th July 2017, 10:21   #5683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
Coolant level in my ANHC 2015 petrol is going down day by day. Car has completed 31K Kms till date.
In last servicing(February 2017-27K Kms) coolant level was at Max mark but it is now just above Min mark and I see very small blueish deposit near coolant reservoir cap (see arrow in image).
Silly Question but did you observe the Coolant Levels at the same condition / Temperature of the engine. After the engine has run a little, the coolant expands and the level changes. Hence, it is important to check the levels when the engine is cold (Preferably Overnight Standing). Same goes for other fluids too like Engine Oil, Tyre Pressure etc.
Old 10th July 2017, 11:12   #5684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay386 View Post
I was searching for k&N air filter for my ANHC 2014 diesel version and fortunately come to know that K&N now has got the filter elements for 1.5 I-Dtec engine as well (earlier it was available for only petrol version).

https://www.knfilters.com/search/pro...x?prod=33-3038

Diesel Air filter model number :- K&N 33-3038
Petrol Air filter model number :- K&N 33-3030

after looking at the diesel version of filter element, the first impression is that did they actually blocked some of flow area of filter element ? Need to check with OEM filter element how does it looks
Interesting to note the availability of the K&N Filter for the Diesel. I had the K&N Filter on my earlier Diesel car - the Accent CRDi but I have not come across Honda owners having gone for the K&N Filters. Anyone who has gone ahead and moved to K&N - it would be good to hear your experiences - both Petrol as well as Diesel City owners...

Update: I tried to Check Out just to validate if they ship to India and they do not. Have you checked if this is available locally in India?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 10th July 2017 at 11:17. Reason: Addl. Info.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 12:37   #5685
BHPian

Even I also tried to find it in India but what ever pin code you enter it will show you the message of "dealer is not available location near you" and secondly they have in stock and ready to ship in UK and US market where 1.5 I-Dtec engine has not even launched

Anyways, I have already wrote to K & N support and one of the K & N dealers from Mumbai. I will update you once I get some information from them.

Cheers !!!
akshay386 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks