Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-380.html)

Thanks to Harsh Naik for sharing!

Quote:

Sir, I own a Honda City i-DTEC, May 2014 model.
I am getting close to this FE figure consistently when I am driving with Cruise Control fixed at 80 kmph in the 6th gear, 90% runs on the highways with ACC always on, and I am riding on 195-section tyres.
Kindly share with other City diesel owners on the Team-BHP forum.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-image1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by skulls (Post 4227357)
Dear Team BHPians and Honda City Owners,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend who recently bought a brand new Honda City, 2017 model.

The AC cooling on my ZX CVT 2017 model is not as powerful as on my BRV CVT. I maintain 26 Degrees on Auto setting.In the BRV it is still chilly whereas in the City, I can call it just ambient. The worst is when the car is parked in sun. It just fails to cool the car as it is supposed to. I need to leave the front windows and sometimes sunroof open with AC on, for the hot air to leave and it takes atleast 15 minutes on Lo to show some effect.

I just got a quote for the City V petrol variant from a dealer here in Bangalore.

Manual = Rs. 11.85 lakhs OTR
CVT = Rs. 14.32 lakhs OTR

That's a 2.5 lakh rupee difference just for the auto gearbox. Ridiculously atrocious pricing by Honda I believe.

I had same pricing issue with BRV V and V CVT. came to know that Manual transmission is made in India while CVT is imported from a south East Asian county (Malaysia / Indonesia / Thailand)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxy (Post 4234145)
I just got a quote for the City V petrol variant from a dealer here in Bangalore.

Manual = Rs. 11.85 lakhs OTR
CVT = Rs. 14.32 lakhs OTR

That's a 2.5 lakh rupee difference just for the auto gearbox. Ridiculously atrocious pricing by Honda I believe.


What is the difference in ex showroom price. I suspect road tax the reason behind the huge difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riteshritesh (Post 4234036)
The AC cooling on my ZX CVT 2017 model is not as powerful as on my BRV CVT. I maintain 26 Degrees on Auto setting.In the BRV it is still chilly whereas in the City, I can call it just ambient. The worst is when the car is parked in sun. It just fails to cool the car as it is supposed to. I need to leave the front windows and sometimes sunroof open with AC on, for the hot air to leave and it takes atleast 15 minutes on Lo to show some effect.

Are you sure he keeps the same settings in both and has bad performance? Is he sure he has it in 'recirculation' mode and 'ECON' button off?

Maybe he's missing something on the touch control panel....

Got a fuel efficiency of 21.2 kmpl for VXMT petrol model. Can you believe it? Honda claims a max of 17.8 kmpl for this model.
Note that I wasn't driving keeping FE in mind but was driving sedately around 80kmph constantly since I had a baby onboard. Saw this and was shocked. Have got this kind of FE earlier on expressway but I upped the number by 1.5 kmpl this time.
Probably result of recent servicing and air filter change.

I have a cvt and I never get an average above 10-10.5 in the city and the maximum iv got it 15 on the expressway with cruise control on. It's done about 5500 Kms now and riding on the original sized tires too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugsrags (Post 4234902)
I have a cvt and I never get an average above 10-10.5 in the city and the maximum iv got it 15 on the expressway with cruise control on.

Guess it's magic but that's what it is :). But if you can keep the economy indicators in green all the time, it's easy to achieve it. The mileage was from home in Pune to the khalapur toll Naka. At the Naka it came down to 20 kmpl due to wait but that stayed there till the Panvel exit. It includes mileage drop at Talegaon toll plaza due to idling too.
I am trying to upload the pic through app but unable to do so. Even tried reducing resolution but still can't.:banghead:

I have the 2017 City- V. Petrol, MT with DIGIPAD
I tried connecting my oneplus2 android phone via usb port and it keeps giving me an error message (on the DIGIPAD screen) saying not compatible.

Has anyone faced similar problems, and solved it? Please let me know!
thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxy (Post 4234145)
.......
That's a 2.5 lakh rupee difference just for the auto gearbox. Ridiculously atrocious pricing by Honda I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 (Post 4234211)
What is the difference in ex showroom price. I suspect road tax the reason behind the huge difference.

Bangalore ex-showroom price difference is ~1.8 lacs.
V-MT(P) - 9,95,xxx
V-CVT(P) - 11,63,xxx

The V-MT is only ~29k more than the SV-MT, and the same autobox is only about a lac extra on the VX variant, so this is not about the autobox but Honda protecting its bread & butter variant. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4236136)
Bangalore ex-showroom price difference is ~1.8 lacs.
V-MT(P) - 9,95,xxx
V-CVT(P) - 11,63,xxx

The V-MT is only ~29k more than the SV-MT, and the same autobox is only about a lac extra on the VX variant, so this is not about the autobox but Honda protecting its bread & butter variant. :)

The difference in tax is huge since VCVT will be above 10L ex showroom. So the difference does come to 2.5L approx for OTR price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skulls (Post 4227357)
Dear Team BHPians and Honda City Owners,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend who recently bought a brand new Honda City, 2017 model. 2 months after the car was purchased AC stopped working and from there the sequence of nightmares started to unfold. To cut long story short, the service center has lifted up their hands stating they are unable to zero down on issue and has escalated the same to Honda and is waiting for a response.

Clearly this generation of Honda City is just not up to the mark in terms of quality. My two and a half year old City VX has developed water leakage throughout the cabin and in the boot as well, all the left side footwells are filled with water. I have never faced such an issue with any case before. I hope Honda responds to you're issues, I plan to mail Honda as well as I refuse to pay for such an issue for a car less than 3 years old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skulls (Post 4227357)
Dear Team BHPians and Honda City Owners,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend who recently bought a brand new Honda City, 2017 model. 2 months after the car was purchased AC stopped working and from there the sequence of nightmares started to unfold. To cut long story short, the service center has lifted up their hands stating they are unable to zero down on issue and has escalated the same to Honda and is waiting for a response. Iam listing down the sequence of events for fellow BHPians to analyze and help me identify the issue.

Make: Honda
Model : City 2017 VX CVT
Date of purchase: 22-Mar-2017


Sequence of Events

• 18th June, long drive from Palakkad to Ernakulam (150 Kms). AC worked fine

• 19th June, Ac stopped working. Only hot air was flowing out. Dropped the vehicle in Service centre (Vision Honda, Palarivattom)

• 20th June, SA delivered the vehicle stating all looks good and they have refilled the pressure also asking my friend to test on long drives

• Next few days as it was continuously raining temperature outside was cool and it seemed that the AC was working as expected

• On 25th June, drove to Munnar and on the way mist started forming on windshield and ac was not working at all. After stalling and restarting the car AC started working again. Glad he made his trip to Munnar as the same was a hill station and family didn’t have to face much of heat due to this nagging issue.

• 29th June, dropped the vehicle at Vision Honda and the initial feedback from SM was thermostat is not working and they don’t want to remove parts of a new car

• 30th June, car was in their custody and they drove the vehicle for 160kms and ended up replacing some relay (god knows what). They said they will keep the vehicle for two more days for trial runs. Dealer had raised the issue with Honda on 20 June itself but there was no response from Honda and when my friend asked for a copy of complaint the dealer refused to share (Not sure why) and consoled him stating they will change the whole unit if issue pops up again

Would like to know if there are any Honda owners who have face the similar issue in past. Requesting the experts to contribute their views which can lead to identify the root cause

What is the outside temperature showing in the MID ? If it is less than the temperature setting in the ACC it will blow normal air. I had a similar issue after I hit a dog on the highway. The dog was saved but he broke my number place and air dam and radiator grill came off. This also dislodged the temperature sensor behind the airdam which started giving errors. Even though the temperature outside was 30+ it was showing 23C. Since I keep the ACC at 24 degrees only hot air was coming out. When I fixed it properly again, all was fine. The temperature reading in the MID was normal and cooling effectively. Check the MID reading, if that is not correct ACC will not cool.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4477.jpg
The dislodged sensor in my car

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4776.jpg

How it should be fixed. This is a pic of the IDtec though. For petrols the sensor is on the right of the radiator.


Quote:

Originally Posted by lemedico (Post 4236133)
I have the 2017 City- V. Petrol, MT with DIGIPAD
I tried connecting my oneplus2 android phone via usb port and it keeps giving me an error message (on the DIGIPAD screen) saying not compatible.

Has anyone faced similar problems, and solved it? Please let me know!
thanks

If you are trying to use Phone Link it wont work. Mirror Link is compatible with some specific phones only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishaanranderia (Post 4236155)
Clearly this generation of Honda City is just not up to the mark in terms of quality. My two and a half year old City VX has developed water leakage throughout the cabin and in the boot as well, all the left side footwells are filled with water. I have never faced such an issue with any case before. I hope Honda responds to you're issues, I plan to mail Honda as well as I refuse to pay for such an issue for a car less than 3 years old.

Were you able to diagnose from where the water ingress is happening ? It will help for me to keep a lookout for the same.

Can only hope that the quality issues are sorted with the new 2017 city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altocumulus (Post 4236154)
The difference in tax is huge since VCVT will be above 10L ex showroom. So the difference does come to 2.5L approx for OTR price.

Tax has a sizable impact in Karnataka but not that huge (15.4% Vs 18.7%) which would be about half a lac for a car in the 10-11L ex showroom range (1.53L Vs 2.17L for the two variants in question).

The bigger chunk of that 2.5L difference is due to Honda intentionally pricing the V-MT below 10L ex-showroom to keep it competitive against Ciaz, just 29k above SV-MT but creating a huge gap upto the CVT in the same V-trim.

The same car in the VX trim only has ~1lac gap between MT & CVT.

The gap is absurd, made worse by taxes but Honda is the primary culprit. V-CVT should get a price cut.:)


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:04.