Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 18:40   #5731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Yes. I bought from a local dealer in Faridabad. But the installation was completely clean and not even one wire was cut.
Do you find a difference in audio quality from the stock speakers
Old 30th July 2017, 12:08   #5732
BHPian

Is the new digipad system capable of playing flac(free lossless audio codec) files?

Anyone tried?
Old 30th July 2017, 17:07   #5733
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Edit : oops, wrong thread.

Regarding the latest model, the car has grown in dimensions a fair bit it appears from previous generations. From most reviews I've seen, the CVT hasn't been praised that much but then again the car is a City and the new model has quite a few improvements overall.

Can anyone shed light on the Fuel efficiency on the latest model vs the previous gens?

Last edited by Vandit : 30th July 2017 at 17:10.
Old 31st July 2017, 15:10   #5734
Senior - BHPian

Had a brilliant service experience at Whitefield Honda. Contrary to the dismal feedback I read about them, I took my chances and visited them for the 3rd Free Service.

There is a new person who is incharge since the last 45 days and that seems to be making a difference. He has been brought down from Delhi to put right the customer experience at Whitefield. I spoke to him at length and he walked me around the place and showed the changes he has been making. He seemed pretty determined to change the image of Whitefield Honda. He went out of his way to sort out a few minor issues as well.

Also at the end I spoke to him about teambhp.com and he has asked me to ask anyone visiting Whitefield Honda service to personally call him or contact him when there for any work and mention teambhp, he would personally ensure they have great experience. I am adding his details below with his permission for the benefit of anyone planning to visit them.

Mr Prabhat Ranjan
96635 12266
Altocumulus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 13:44   #5735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Had a brilliant service experience at Whitefield Honda. Contrary to the dismal feedback I read about them, I took my chances and visited them for the 3rd Free Service.
Are you referring to the body shop or the one besides showroom. I had been to the body shop for my 1st service and the experience was OK.

For the 2nd service, I visited the service center besides showroom and was disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Also at the end I spoke to him about teambhp.com and he has asked me to ask anyone visiting Whitefield Honda service to personally call him or contact him when there for any work and mention teambhp, he would personally ensure they have great experience. I am adding his details below with his permission for the benefit of anyone planning to visit them.

Mr Prabhat Ranjan
96635 12266
Thanks for this information. Will try out the service center for my 3rd service scheduled for September. Hope to see changes in service quality.
Old 1st August 2017, 20:43   #5736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Interesting to note the availability of the K&N Filter for the Diesel. I had the K&N Filter on my earlier Diesel car - the Accent CRDi but I have not come across Honda owners having gone for the K&N Filters. Anyone who has gone ahead and moved to K&N - it would be good to hear your experiences - both Petrol as well as Diesel City owners...

Update: I tried to Check Out just to validate if they ship to India and they do not. Have you checked if this is available locally in India?
Upgraded stock air filter element to K&N replacement type filter on my City (Diesel). Following are some of the observations,

1) Time required to fit new K&N air filter is less than two minutes (DIY)
2) As it is direct replacement part, fits well in the air box with out any loose fit or leakages.
3) Change in engine sound after replacement :- No (same as with stock air filter)
4) Noticeable improvement in the low end torque (engine pulls much more strong at low rev. or this may be because of filter element is still new condition)
5) No significant improvement in the acceleration or may be I am expecting too much from this filter !!!
6) At normal acceleration - with previous filter element MID lights use to be in blue colour, now they stays in green colour.
7) As far as fuel efficiency is concern, it would be too early to make any comment on this.

But wait, there is some glitch. As I mentioned in previous post it is no more available in India. We have to order it through either ebay or Amazon as per response from K&N support (fortunately one of my colleague was travelling from UK to India so I got it along and special thanks to him).
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-picture2.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-picture1.jpg  

akshay386 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 21:17   #5737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Are you referring to the body shop or the one besides showroom. I had been to the body shop for my 1st service and the experience was OK.

For the 2nd service, I visited the service center besides showroom and was disappointed.

Thanks for this information. Will try out the service center for my 3rd service scheduled for September. Hope to see changes in service quality.
This is the one next to Brigade Metropolis, along with the Body Shop.
Old 3rd August 2017, 14:28   #5738
BHPian

Can someone please confirm the wiper blades size for 2014 City? Is it 24/14 or 22/14?
Suggestions on good wipers to replace the stock ones are also welcome. I am inclined towards Hella Curvo wiper blades, with which I had good experience in my Vento earlier.
Old 4th August 2017, 12:10   #5739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Can someone please confirm the wiper blades size for 2014 City? Is it 24/14 or 22/14?
Suggestions on good wipers to replace the stock ones are also welcome. I am inclined towards Hella Curvo wiper blades, with which I had good experience in my Vento earlier.
Neither. I am using 26/14. I got the Valeo First spineless wipers. I have been using them for more than a year. They are good.
Old 13th August 2017, 04:41   #5740
BHPian

Well, in Mumbai, the price difference is not so high. V MT is 10.58L whereas V CVT is 11.66L - so a difference of 1.08L only.
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 23:11   #5741
BHPian

A quick question. For 7-8 hr long drives which one will be less tiring for passengers/driver - Honda City or Innova?
Old 19th August 2017, 01:01   #5742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
A quick question. For 7-8 hr long drives which one will be less tiring for passengers/driver - Honda City or Innova?
The comparison here is between an MUV and a sedan. There is simply no match, a sedan wins hands down wrt., comfort factor (be it the City or any other C2 segment sedan for that matter).
There is no doubt that the Innova is the best and most comfortable MUV in our market, but there will always be that "van like feeling" and its comfort level would be definitely lesser than the levels found in a proper sedan. The same holds good if you compare a sedan to any SUV, a sedan by design offers the best comfort levels compared to any other class of vehicles.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 19th August 2017 at 01:09.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 12:16   #5743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Ditto. Mild rattling from the right side of the dashboard area below the windscreen, started at around 10k km. Now the vehicle has done almost 15k km and the vibration has worsened so much that it occurs with the revs, between 1500-2000rpm. Dealer could not fix it at the 10k km service. I see no long term solution to this, dashboard rattles are very hard to set right.

Horn vibration can be felt in the pedals. Its there and you have to live with it. Vibration will increase if you fit a stronger aftermarket horn. It does no harm though

FYI, the stock horns are motorcycle horns and are fitted right behind the right fog lamp

The 135/175 Osrams are not simulated HIDs. They are simple high wattage halogens on ceramic holders, with relays and dedicated wiring, running on an 85amp battery. Old school stuff, lots of current, lots of heat, lots of light, and by lord they turn night into day.

I've tried P4 6000K and 7500K on my Scorpio prior to the current setup. It sure looks snazzy but it does not cut it from an illumination point of view. The color of the light is such that it needs to reflect from what is in front of you to make it visible. It works well in congested urban traffic but out on an open road when there is nothing in front of you, you are effectively driving blind. Also, it dazzles the oncoming driver.

I dont care if it wears a monkey's tag or a Honda Genuine Accessory tag. My experience is that the color temperature should not exceed 4500K. Do try your proposed setup out on an empty winding road before plonking your hard earned money into it. My 2 cents.
Hi Friends,

I have 2014 Honda City V iVtec. I have clocked around 17000 km on this car and since past 1.5 years, I am facing this problem of squeeky irritating noise coming from the dashboard as and when the car goes over bumps. Anybody facing similar issues in this car ? Situation has become worse now that even when car is riding on fairly smooth surface, I can hear the weird squeeky rattles coming from the dashboard all the time (very low sound). Also, other issues are just rattling from the passenger seats, glove box dept, driver side door etc. I have to say the build quality of honda's have gone down the drain over past few years. Pls suggest how this can be fixed ? because i have spend over 8k in my previous car service with Honda dealers and they did not fix it. Thanks!!
hondabuster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 13:39   #5744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondabuster View Post
Hi Friends,

I have 2014 Honda City V iVtec. I have clocked around 17000 km on this car and since past 1.5 years, I am facing this problem of squeeky irritating noise coming from the dashboard as and when the car goes over bumps. Situation has become worse now that even when car is riding on fairly smooth surface, I can hear the weird squeeky rattles coming from the dashboard all the time (very low sound). Also, other issues are just rattling from the passenger seats, glove box dept, driver side door etc. Pls suggest how this can be fixed ? because i have spend over 8k in my previous car service with Honda dealers and they did not fix it. Thanks!!
Welcome to the club. Rattles, squeaks and noises are a part of standard equipment of the City. The only thing to do is learn to live with it. You can keep complaining to the dealer but they really can't solve these issues at their end. If you'll insist, they'll dismantle and reinstall the dashboard but there is every chance the problem will become worse.

There is no doubt about it, Honda quality sucks. They are playing a cruel joke on gullible buyers who throw away 15 lakhs on reputation of past glories. My City has done 75k I'm now. Worst car I have ever bought. Period.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 20:12   #5745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondabuster View Post
Hi Friends,

I have 2014 Honda City V iVtec. I have clocked around 17000 km on this car and since past 1.5 years, I am facing this problem of squeeky irritating noise coming from the dashboard as and when the car goes over bumps. Anybody facing similar issues in this car ? Situation has become worse now that even when car is riding on fairly smooth surface, I can hear the weird squeeky rattles coming from the dashboard all the time (very low sound). Also, other issues are just rattling from the passenger seats, glove box dept, driver side door etc. I have to say the build quality of honda's have gone down the drain over past few years. Pls suggest how this can be fixed ? because i have spend over 8k in my previous car service with Honda dealers and they did not fix it. Thanks!!
I have spent countless hours diagnosing the rattles in my car. The three main areas of rattles in my case were:

1. Small plastic trim just over the speed-o-meter. Needs to be removed and installed again with some padding to keep it in place.
2. The plastic trim on the outside which has the wiper washers. Sometimes the locks needs replacement and some lubrication. The sound from this platic trim outside seeps in, surprisingly.
3. Roof lining. Again, insert padding where it rattles or squeaks.

Ask them to check the suspension, get it tightened if required. Other areas to check are glove box, a-pillars and infotainment system.

PS. my car too has completed 75k.
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks