Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 22:48   #5791
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sakthi Prasad S shares the following complaint:
I've have a 2017 VX variant with sun roof, no such complaints on my car.
Old 29th September 2017, 09:14   #5792
BHPian

Not even one year of this car and I see this. Remedy?
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_8297.png  

The Brutailer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 10:50   #5793
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Sakthi Prasad S shares the following complaint.
I have the 2017 City VX and face this same issue, didn't mention it here or to the service center because I thaught the fibres were of the cloth my cleaner uses. I just checked my car after reading this and found out that the fibres are somewhat like the dust an eraser leaves on rubbing.

That manual shade of the sunroof is quite flimsy anyway, it has a cardboard like feel and doesn't even slide smoothly like the previous gen, so maybe it rubs against some insulation material behind the headliner and picks up these fibres from there.

I just finished my 3rd service few days back or else would have asked my service center to sort it out.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 13:07   #5794
BHPian

Quote:
Sakthi Prasad S shares the following complaint:
Hello, Moderator GTO,

It looks like dust or something that may be present in the roof lining. The dealer may have to clean it out, after opening the roof lining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Hello The Brutailer,

Could you post a full-size photo of the whole headlamp assembly? The same side in which you are having the complaint would do. Also, does this happen only after rain? One last question, did you change your bulbs recently?

Recently on a friend's car (Hyundai Elite i20 Asta(O) trim), he had the same problem. It turns out he had some impact on the headlamp assembly which left behind a small crack, which was enough for condensation to take place, mostly after rain.
themonster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 18:46   #5795
BHPian

Quote:
This happens with almost every Honda city 2014-2016. I just ignore it. I only see this if I park outside in rainy or foggy day.
pravint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 19:11   #5796
BHPian

Quote:

I have it on my car too both sides... but only during winters and rains.. disappears once the sun is out..
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 19:21   #5797
BHPian

Putting some data from: https://www.carlightblog.com/2014/06...ltimate-guide/

What causes fogging?

All modern headlights are ventilated through small holes at the top and bottom. Ideally, they allow a gentle flow of air through the enclosure. If there was no ventilation there would be no way for the condensation ever to disappear. However, this flow of air can also allow moisture to enter the headlight. And then the same thing happens to the glass in the headlight as happens to the windows in a car when it’s cold outside and warm inside. You get a thin film of condensation.

Is fogging something really bad?

No. As we said, it’s just like your windows misting up. And in the same way, it disappears of its own accord in most cases. The only difference is that inside the car you can switch on a fan to get rid of the condensation quickly, whereas there is no fan in the headlight, except in those fitted with LEDs. There is a source of heat, however, which can speed up the drying process, namely the headlamp. So if you drive with your lights on you will have fewer problems with fogging. Xenon lamps produce less heat than halogen lamps so it will take a little longer for condensation to disappear from xenon headlights.
pravint is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 11:13   #5798
BHPian

Thanks for the response guys. Another problem has turned up. My car's instrument cluster shows key battery is low (I own VX Model). Not getting any time to fix the issue. Any idea how long will the battery last (has started since last 3 days). What could be the approx costs involved?

Thanks in advance!
Old 30th September 2017, 11:47   #5799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... and I see this. Remedy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
I have it on my car too both sides... but only during winters and rains.. disappears once the sun is out..
This happens due to:
1) A small crack in the headlight housing or
2) An improperly fitted/sealed bulb cover when the bulbs are replaced that allows moisture to seep in durung rains or during pressure washing.

It happened in my previous car and the solution given by the service folks was to replace the headlamp housing citing reason 1)above.

I wanted to try getting the moisture out, so opened the lamp cap/covers and dried the entire headlight assembly with a hair dryer and then tightly closed the lamp covers hack and voila, never had the issue again
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 11:58   #5800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
dried the entire headlight assembly with a hair dryer and then tightly closed the lamp covers hack and voila, never had the issue again
Reminds me of one time when I used a hair dryer to restore the shape of my dented wagonR bumper.
Of course the hair dryer packed up after that so it wasn't really worth it.
Old 30th September 2017, 13:02   #5801
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response guys. Another problem has turned up. My car's instrument cluster shows key battery is low (I own VX Model). Not getting any time to fix the issue. Any idea how long will the battery last (has started since last 3 days). What could be the approx costs involved?

Thanks in advance!
Hello The Brutailer,

How long? Maybe another day or two.
Approx Cost? Rs.40-Rs.50 (Provided you are DIYing it)

Battery Model: Button Cell CR2032 (You can get it from any watch shop, just make sure the brand of the battery is good.)

In case you are unable to change the battery once it empties, you have to open the car door/lock using the skeleton key and then start the car by touching the 'H' Honda logo on the key to the Start/Stop button for a few seconds, remove the key, and then start the car as usual.
themonster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 13:06   #5802
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Thats most probably the battery of your remote. Get it changed ASAP. Any watch shop or car accessory shop has the button cell. (2032 AFAIK)
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 15:47   #5803
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Wanted help in deciding between the Creta and the City. I need a modern plush car with 80% driving in Bangalore city and 20% for weekend trips to places around Bangalore.
My office is pretty close to work so the monthly running won't be more than 500 kms, hence tilting towards Petrol powered vehicles.

The City V MT costs Rs 11.8 lakh in Bangalore and is loaded with features. The comparable variant is the Creta SX+, which costs Rs 14.6 lakh (The mid variant in the Creta is E+ and is woefully low on features - no seat height adjust, no infotainment, no rear camera, no alloy wheels etc)

The City engine is faster (~1.5 sec faster 0-100 run, 195 kmph top speed vs 160 kmph for the Creta) and is more efficient (+3 kmpl mileage). It trumps the Creta in space (more legroom, +100 litre in boot volume) and has features like Isofix mounts, 8 speakers (vs 6), Cruise control. I found the City's seats wider and more comfortable. Reports suggest the city will handle better. The 8 speaker music system sounded great.

Creta's biggest trump card is the higher seating position and the 190 mm ground clearance (vs 165 mm in the City). Couldn't find the laden ground clearance numbers anywhere. Its also apparently got a more silent cabin and a more comfortable ride at slow speeds.

The City at Rs 11.8 lakh with the more responsive engine seems like a VFM option. Wondering if paying ~3 lakh extra for the ground clearance in the Creta makes sense, especially since most of the driving is in and around Bangalore where the roads are not very bad.

What would you guys suggest?
Old 2nd October 2017, 18:56   #5804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Hello Everyone,
The City V MT costs Rs 11.8 lakh in Bangalore and is loaded with features. The comparable variant is the Creta SX+, which costs Rs 14.6 lakh (The mid variant in the Creta is E+ and is woefully low on features - no seat height adjust, no infotainment, no rear camera, no alloy wheels etc)

The City engine is faster (~1.5 sec faster 0-100 run, 195 kmph top speed vs 160 kmph for the Creta) and is more efficient (+3 kmpl mileage). It trumps the Creta in space (more legroom, +100 litre in boot volume) and has features like Isofix mounts, 8 speakers (vs 6), Cruise control. I found the City's seats wider and more comfortable. Reports suggest the city will handle better. The 8 speaker music system sounded great.

Creta's biggest trump card is the higher seating position and the 190 mm ground clearance (vs 165 mm in the City). Couldn't find the laden ground clearance numbers anywhere. Its also apparently got a more silent cabin and a more comfortable ride at slow speeds.

The City at Rs 11.8 lakh with the more responsive engine seems like a VFM option. Wondering if paying ~3 lakh extra for the ground clearance in the Creta makes sense, especially since most of the driving is in and around Bangalore where the roads are not very bad.

What would you guys suggest?
If one reads your own comment above, it is a pretty straight forward decision. For me personally, Creta is little over priced for what it offers. Between City and Creta, my vote will be for City however you may want to add more contenders in the mix at similar price point and compare. Jeep compass can be a good option if budget for Creta can be stretched a little.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 20:37   #5805
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Wanted help in deciding between the Creta and the City.

What would you guys suggest ?
The City would be my pick from the above.

You yourself have mentioned the only thing it doesn't have compared to the Creta is the GC, which is not worth paying 3 lakhs more. The City has 165 mm but let me tell you it is enough, my City does a lot of outstation trips to unknown cities and villages where I come across some really horrible roads and spead breakers but my car never bottoms out, so if you know how to take them properly in a sedan the car will never scrape the belly.

Your drive is 80% in the city so what you should be looking at it a car is, having a strong low end, which the City has. Top speed and 1-100 times will not be of much use here but these will come into play when you are doing the remaining 20% drives on the highways. The City's FE is also very good for a petrol, I'm regularly seeing the FE howering around 13 kmpl even after driving in Mumbai traffic and highways show 15 kmpl even 16-16.5 kmpl at times.

Then coming to the features, you will mostly be playing around with the AVN(DigiPad) or ACC more often because you drive in the city as compared to the highways, leather seats, sunroof, LED headlamps all these will make you more happy so its better to have a car that is fully loaded. So on this note wanted to ask you a question, why aren't you considering the top variants of the City ?

Does the V variant come under 10 lakhs ex-showroom in Pune (MH 12) to get the tax benefit ? If not then the difference in price between V and VX will be less compared to other states and will be worth the upgrade.

Last edited by OSH : 2nd October 2017 at 20:44.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed