Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-392.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hickstead (Post 4296515)
Honda City crosses the 7-lakh sales milestone in India

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-406404

Source: ACI

Wow that is quite a number in terms of sales :thumbs up

Does anyone have any statistics on long term reliability of the iDTEC Engines - have people seen iDTEC powered Honda City's that have crossed the 1,00,000 kms mark?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4297861)

Does anyone have any statistics on long term reliability of the iDTEC Engines - have people seen iDTEC powered Honda City's that have crossed the 1,00,000 kms mark?

Not sure about city or 1,00,000 km but I just completed 87000 km in my iDTEC powered Amaze and till date I have not faced any issue with the engine. It's same as it was on day one.

Quote:

Does anyone have any statistics on long term reliability of the iDTEC Engines..

The 1.5L iDTec engine is essentially the same 1.6L iDTec engine used in the European market, has the same bore size but the stroke intentionally reduced to get the displacement down to 1498cc for excise/tax benefit in Indian market. So the diesel engine is a proven and reliable one with great focus on efficiency.

Quote:

Wow that is quite a number in terms of sales :thumbs up

Mine is at 80k mark and still performing the same as day one. No issues with the engine so far, touchwood. Also, the FE over the time of usage generally reduces a bit in my experience, especially once a car crosses 70k mark. But, it's still the same with idtec so a great job by Honda. Now only if they knew how to reduce NVH this would be a perfect engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 4298287)
. ..Now only if they knew how to reduce NVH this would be a perfect engine...

The very choice of material (all aluminium) used to achieve this engine's high thermal efficiency and low weight is unfortunately not as good a sound insulator as a cast Iron block traditional diesel engine. Inevitable tradeoffs. What it makes by way of its slightly higher NVH is delightfully compensated by its excellent driveability and efficiency.

Any idea on the niggles that 2014 honda city faced? Are those continued in 2017 models as well? I believe one of the major issues was dashboard rattling. As Honda made anything better to avoid this in the recent facelift?

Hi folks, I have a problem with the electrically foldable side view mirrors. I had given for vallet parking and now , the mirrors don't open automatically when I unlock the car, and if they are opened manually they retract and close when I start the car. Has any settings gone wrong.
Its for Honda city 2017 v model
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbr1304 (Post 4299529)
I had given the car for vallet parking and now, the mirrors don't open automatically when I unlock the car

There is a button to disable the auto folding function of the ORVMs when locking/unlocking, looks like that button has been pressed by mistake. In the picture below, this button has been highlighted in green.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20171104-16.47.02.jpg
(Picture taken from TeamBHP's review)

Quote:

and if they are opened manually they retract and close when I start the car. Has any settings gone wrong.
If you physically open the ORVMs using your hands then it may damage them. By 'manually' I hope you mean by pressing that small circular button next to the mirror selector switch(Left-Center-Right). In the picture above, these switches are highlighted in purple. If you have not used that button to open/close the ORVMs, maybe that's why it retracts back upon starting the car.

Other than these switches, there is no way to control the ORVMs folding in/out.

I have tried the switch. But it doesn't work.
So i manually opened it. In this case on ignition of the car the mirrors retract back automatically

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbr1304 (Post 4299529)
Hi folks, I have a problem with the electrically foldable side view mirrors.

This is interesting. Is there an option to automatically open & close OVRMs in sync with the engine on & off? Yes, we don't have to manually open and close, and doing so in not advisable. There is a warning in the manual against this. I usually press the button next mirror selector switch, that electronically opens and closes. But I am not aware of any method to automate this process in sync with ignition.

Thanks. The button marked in purple which indicates to close the ovrm was enabled. Hence it was closing on ignition. I disabled it and it works fine now

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvijayakrishnan (Post 4299708)
This is interesting. Is there an option to automatically open & close OVRMs in sync with the engine on & off? Yes, we don't have to manually open and close, and doing so in not advisable. There is a warning in the manual against this. I usually press the button next mirror selector switch, that electronically opens and closes. But I am not aware of any method to automate this process in sync with ignition.

There is no button to synchronize with ignition on/off. But it can be synchronized with lock/unlock. This button is shown in green in above pic. Please check the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 4298287)
Now only if they knew how to reduce NVH this would be a perfect engine.

I own a Jazz IDTEC 2015 model and I am very happy and impressed with the Driveability + FE of this engine.

These days, during Honda's every new launch(WRV inclusive), I repeatedly hear/see in honda's presentation referring to the NVH reduction of IDTECs.

I would like to know how much of a decibel improvement they have done per iteration atleast in comparison to the previous model. It would be more appropriate to know this stat from Honda themselves who claims the improvement.

If not atleast the Auto pundits, who have very diversed opinion on the same.Some agree its improved and some say its still the same and some say its worse than the competition etc.

Even Team bhp reviewers(whom i reckon as unbiased highly knowledgeable ones) have varied opinion on the IDTECs NVH comparing the Amaze's 1st iteration with the so called improved ones in City to the Jazz to the BRV to the WRV.

Is there a scientific method to measure the NVH of the engines? if so, i would like the Auto pundits or reviewers to use and compare NVH of various vehichles in different situations(with higher RPM mimicking highway vs lower RPM mimicking city drive) to get an conclusive result and avoid the subjective view (due to the reviewers personal tollerance or intolerance levels). Afterall NVH is one parameter, that could be measured by electronic devices rather than the looks of the vehicle.

Until the measurement via an electronic device happens to compare the values gathered in other vehicles, buyers are left with no choice than themselves to TD every car to understand whether the NVH of a vehicle is acceptable to their preference or not and shouldn't consider the words from auto pundits much as a key input.

Just a curious question to the fellow IDTEC owners to know on their NVH experience.What is your take of your current experience in comparison to the previous generation or latest model IDTEC? Has it improved or worsened?

In my view, the refinement could have been better, but the diesel clatter is very much in the acceptable limits, as long as you are not thrashing the engine to high RPM. (Ex - at 4th gear for longer duration,during a quick overtaking manoeuvre in a 2 lane undivided state highway).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbr1304 (Post 4299897)
There is no button to synchronize with ignition on/off. But it can be synchronized with lock/unlock. This button is shown in green in above pic. Please check the same.

I own Honda City V 2016 petrol manual. There is no such button/switch to sync with lock/unlock. There is only the button next to mirror selector, which if pressed the mirror closes and if released the mirror opens. This is shown in purple in the original pic. There is nothing in the area marked green. Sorry, I couldn't post the pic of the button layout as I am yet to cross the threshold level in member privileges to attach pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvijayakrishnan (Post 4300474)
I own Honda City V 2016 petrol manual. There is no such button/switch to sync with lock/unlock. There is only the button next to mirror selector, which if pressed the mirror closes and if released the mirror opens. This is shown in purple in the original pic. There is nothing in the area marked green. Sorry, I couldn't post the pic of the button layout as I am yet to cross the threshold level in member privileges to attach pics.

I think it is there latest (4th generation) higher trims. Even I don't have such button on my 2016 made Honda City.