Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2017, 14:58   #5911
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
Hi BHPians, I have a peculiar issue with my horn. I can see that the horn fades at times when I apply breaks. At times, I dunt get the real 'peep' by which I can get convinced that both horns are working well. I had updated the same to my SA during the first and second service. Some fix was done but I am still not satisfied.

Is anyone on the same boat as I am? I owned a Brio earlier and the horn was not too great in that as well.
I faced similar issue with 2015 City. At first they made some changes and sound came back to normal but again after 2-3 months I faced similar issue.
After that they changed horns under warranty. New horns make different sound than original ones and are louder.
pravint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 15:11   #5912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
I faced similar issue with 2015 City. At first they made some changes and sound came back to normal but again after 2-3 months I faced similar issue.
After that they changed horns under warranty. New horns make different sound than original ones and are louder.
Hi Pravint,

I can see that you are in Pune. Did you get to Deccan Honda or Crystal Honda for the service?

I bought my first car from Crystal Honda-Bavdhan and the buying experience and service experience was good.

My second car Buying experience from Deccan Honda-Pimpri was not great, however, I do not have any issues with the service there as of now.
Old 28th November 2017, 15:15   #5913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
Hi Pravint,

I can see that you are in Pune. Did you get to Deccan Honda or Crystal Honda for the service?
I service my car at Deccan Honda Dhanakawadi.
Old 28th November 2017, 15:45   #5914
Senior - BHPian

I recently read that the DDIS 1.3 FIAT engine used by Maruti is being phased out (by 2020) as they were unable to upgrade it to meet the stringent standards of BS VI.

This made me wonder in terms of what is the status of the iDTEC Diesel engine in terms of the Honda Roadmap to BS VI and I came across this article posted by Cartoq: URL

Seems like good news as Honda is committed to keep these engines going forward and confident of being able to meet the BS VI Norms with some additional changes...

If others have any information to share on this topic - it maybe good to discuss further on it.
Old 30th November 2017, 13:55   #5915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Congrats !! However how come the price of the V variant is so high in Mumbai. I thought Octroi is not applicable anymore. In Bangalore, the difference between SV and V is around 20 thousand on the OTR prices.
Road tax is still high in Maharashtra unfortunately.
The OTR difference is ~1L, between the SV and the V variants.
Old 1st December 2017, 22:20   #5916
BHPian

Saw this ANHC on Jeevan Bheema nagar road today evening.
This tail lamp cluster really looks good on ANHC.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hc1.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hc2.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hc3.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hc4.jpg  

Old 1st December 2017, 23:31   #5917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Saw this ANHC on Jeevan Bheema nagar road today evening.
This tail lamp cluster really looks good on ANHC.
I think I saw this car at Whitefield Honda today. If it's the same car it has an even meaner/awesome looking headlamp unit.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 21:42   #5918
BHPian

My dad and I took the car out for a short spin earlier today and the Malfunction Light pops up all of a sudden, called up Honda Customer Care as well as my SA, who asked us to bring in the car for check up and also stated that it is okay to ride the car back home. We weren't too far away just 2km's from my place so we decided to do just that. My strong doubt is that some rodent might have bitten off the cable, because the other day I happened to find some trash underneath the car in our garage. Any other reasons as to why this might have popped up out of nowhere? I'm attaching a picture for reference, I'll update once the car is in the service centre.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_6082.jpg  

Old 5th December 2017, 20:07   #5919
Senior - BHPian

Need some recommendations on Insurance Renewal. I am thinking to move away from Honda Assure. My City V iDTEC was purchased in Jan 2014.

Existing Policy: Honda Assure -> ICICI Lombard
Renewal Quote: Rs.24,700/- for Zero Depreciation , IDV: 5.3 Lakhs

I am considering the following:
1. HDFC Ergo: 20,200/- for Zero Depreciation, IDV: 7 Lakhs
2. Tata AIG: 20,136/- for Zerp Depreciation, IDV: 5.5 Lakhs

Requesting recommendations. From the above, it looks like HDFC Ergo is a good deal. But how is the company with respect to Claims and Settlement?
Old 5th December 2017, 20:19   #5920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Need some recommendations on Insurance Renewal.
I would have checked the current list of cashless garages of insurance providers and prefer paying a higher premium if the garage I visit regularly is included in the list of cashless garages of prospective insurance provider. Did the same with my Nexon insurance by opting for Tata AIG even though I had two more lower quotes. Claim settlement is a little subjective and it is difficult to zero in on insurance policy solely based on such figures.
Old 8th December 2017, 13:16   #5921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Existing Policy: Honda Assure -> ICICI Lombard
Renewal Quote: Rs.24,700/- for Zero Depreciation , IDV: 5.3 Lakhs

I am considering the following:
1. HDFC Ergo: 20,200/- for Zero Depreciation, IDV: 7 Lakhs
2. Tata AIG: 20,136/- for Zerp Depreciation, IDV: 5.5 Lakhs
I also moved away from Honda Assure (Royal Sundaram) and did a renewal from Royal Sundaram directly. I had done the same last year as well (didn't make any claim so can't tell the difference between two but premium was significantly lower compared to Honda Assure).

Mine is Nov 2015 make Honda City iVtec and this year's premium is 20183/- with IDV of 7 Lacs also covering Depreciation Waiver and 20% NCB discount.

Last edited by yogesh.8984 : 8th December 2017 at 13:17.
Old 8th December 2017, 16:46   #5922

Dear Team-BHP members,

Looking for opinion.

I bought Honda City V CVT in August this year. it developed a problem in November end just before 2nd free service.

The keyless indicator on the dashboard didnt turn off after starting the car. So i took it to the dealer. They tried to fix for two weeks and after going thru all electricals of the car and also exchanging the dashboard the problem was found with keyless unit. They are replacing it and giving the car back to me tomorrow.

They have removed the factory fitted components at dealer workshop so there may be risk of that introducing any defects in future. My question is whether it is safe to accept the vehicle and in case of issues in future, how do i handle it? is it possible legally to ask for replacement of the car?

I trust Honda brand and dealer service manager has been courteous to update whenever i called or he called but they were not able to pinpoint the issue for two weeks is something made me uncomfortable abt the car sold to me.

is there a process i can follow when taking delivery of the car where this incident and repair details, parts replaced, root cause etc can be formally recorded ?

Thanks.
ashishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 20:48   #5923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
I also moved away from Honda Assure (Royal Sundaram) and did a renewal from Royal Sundaram directly. I had done the same last year as well (didn't make any claim so can't tell the difference between two but premium was significantly lower compared to Honda Assure).

Mine is Nov 2015 make Honda City iVtec and this year's premium is 20183/- with IDV of 7 Lacs also covering Depreciation Waiver and 20% NCB discount.
I also have Honda Assure (Royal Sundaram) and insurance is for renewal in March 18 (2015 model City)

Any major difference between Honda Assure and Royal Sundaram direct in terms of coverage and features?
Old 11th December 2017, 07:35   #5924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
I also have Honda Assure (Royal Sundaram) and insurance is for renewal in March 18 (2015 model City)

Any major difference between Honda Assure and Royal Sundaram direct in terms of coverage and features?
Don’t think there is any difference in coverage and features. It is what you opt for in both options. Honda will say that Honda Assure will give you seamless experience during claim processing. However in my opinion, taking it directly from Royal Sundaram or any other insurance provider who is affiliated with Honda is a good idea. This way you will be able to get your claim processed at Honda service center without much hassles.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 11:47   #5925
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
What is the price differential between the two? Terms could have changed recently but a few years back, Honda Assure also included RSA, which isn't the care with a lot of private insurance providers.

Do check that. Also, check with the garage you're most likely to go to in case of a claim if they have a cashless facility with Royal Sundaram, especially if you take insurance from outside.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks