Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2017, 12:07   #5926
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What is the price differential between the two? Terms could have changed recently but a few years back, Honda Assure also included RSA, which isn't the care with a lot of private insurance providers.

[/u]
Good point. I do a lot of Highway driving. RSA is a must for me. In one incident I was quoted by outsider Rs 8k for towing. With Honda Assure RSA, it was covered and they did it without any cost.

Need to check on the difference between two quotes.

I do my service at Sundaram Motors, Chennai and Royal Sundaram should not be an issue.
Old 11th December 2017, 12:23   #5927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What is the price differential between the two? Terms could have changed recently but a few years back, Honda Assure also included RSA, which isn't the care with a lot of private insurance providers.

Do check that. Also, check with the garage you're most likely to go to in case of a claim if they have a cashless facility with Royal Sundaram, especially if you take insurance from outside.

I went ahead with Tata AIG Insurance with all the bells and whistles and it still ended up being Rs.4000 less then Honda Assure. The difference is that Tata AIG will allow only 2 Zero Depreciation Claims per Year while the Honda Assure would allow unlimited claims. Beyond the 2 claims, it would be supported as normal claims and not as Zero Depreciation.

Features of Tata AIG:
1. Zero Depreciation for a car that completes 4 years in Jan 2018.
2. Engine Secure
3. Tyre Secure
4. Road Side Assistance
5. Consumables Expenses
6. Key Replacement + Emergency Transport & Hotel Expenses + Loss of Personal Belongings
7. PA Cover for Driver + Unnamed Passengers for 2 Lakh each.

HDFC Ergo had a 1-1 match with Tata AIG and was another Rs.2500/- lower than Tata AIG. However, some online sites that I consulted showed that they were slower in Claim Settlement as compared to Tata AIG and hence I decided to go with Tata AIG for this year. HDFC Ergo was also offering a higher IDV value by almost 50K for the same Premium as Tata AIG. I think HDFC Ergo quotes are the best - the Claim Settlement info is what made me go for Tata AIG despite the higher Premium in comparison.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 11th December 2017 at 12:24.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 21:28   #5928
BHPian

Took my Honda City VX CVT 2016 model on a 700 kms trip and got an FE (on Board) of 19kmpl. Went from Chennai to Tanjore and back. Attaching some pis.

Not sure if this is the right topic. Been out of forum for a long time after kids arrival. Even car has done only 13k in nearly 2 years. This is the first long distance drive with kid and by Gods grace it was safe and fun.

Mods - if this is not the right thread pls move to appropriate one.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-f8e7ce0111e7435f97ea36f16dc58e68.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-7815d34c91e04f34b6a0759830fe6633.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-ebfb595ffacd461a8572ce0792dc4490.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-87b7e321676b472a89b5fd08ed1e21d2.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-4b5342c86aec47e5b229da8b4d8bf0dd.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-c76d82a5716a4a25ae8636b6f250e9b3.jpeg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-29f250fe69e34ebcbd27f21ed1c2f7cf.jpeg  

irdevanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 23:09   #5929
BHPian

Getting Road side assistance from a common insurer like Icici/Hdfc may have a slight advantage over getting it from a specific brand like Honda. The generic insurers will deal with even the cars from maruti/hyundai which have a much deeper penetration in tier3, tier4 locations and thus are likely to have technicians in far more areas, and (hopefully!) can reach out to you relatively quickly in case you are stuck on a highway in a remote area. Just my 2 cents. What is also noticeable is that there is a lot of tie-up between insurers and and the actual technicians on the ground. Lots of B2B outsourcing at play.
Old 29th December 2017, 12:21   #5930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Features of Tata AIG:
1. Zero Depreciation for a car that completes 4 years in Jan 2018.
2. Engine Secure
3. Tyre Secure
Few Questions on Tyre Secure:
- What is it?
- What all circumstances are considered under tyre secure for Tyre Replacement?
- What happens in case of Upsized Tyres, do they replace the outgoing size or replace only the Stock Size Tyres?
Old 29th December 2017, 20:31   #5931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Few Questions on Tyre Secure:
- What is it?
- What all circumstances are considered under tyre secure for Tyre Replacement?
- What happens in case of Upsized Tyres, do they replace the outgoing size or replace only the Stock Size Tyres?
Brief Summary from Tata AIG Policy document wording:

Quote:
Tyre Secure: We will cover expenses for repair and/ or replacement, as may be necessitated arising out of
accidental loss or damage to tyre & Tubes.
In any situation company’s liability would not exceed the following, basis the unused tread depth of respective tyre
(not applicable if full cover is opted)-
- Unused tread depth of <3 mm – Considered as normal wear and tear and is not covered
- Unused tread depth of >=3 to <5 mm – 50% of cost of new tyre and / or tube
- Unused tread depth of >=5 to <7 mm – 75% of cost of new tyre and / or tube
- Unused tread depth of >=7 mm – 100% of cost of new tyre and / or tube
Unused Tread depth will be measured at the centre of the tread. Minimum 4 measurements at 4 different places will
be taken for the purpose of arriving at mean tread depth which will be the basis of indemnity under the coverage.
Detailed Explanation at the following link - URL

It was more of a discounted Offer they gave me and hence even if I removed Tyre Secure I would have saved only a 150 bucks...so I thought I may as well go with it.
Old 31st December 2017, 11:58   #5932
BHPian

Has anyone noticed slight vibrations on steering wheel while braking when the speed is in excess of 90 kmph. During my trip from Aurangabad to Pune last week, I noticed it specially on slight down slopes. I have done this trip quite some times but don't think I experienced it before. With low speeds (60 to 70 kmph) and during city drives, all seems fine.

I am not sure if I read about similar problem on this thread, tried searching for it but couldn't find.
Old 1st January 2018, 12:37   #5933
Senior - BHPian

Quick question to all petrol AT owners. What sort of fuel efficiency can we expect from iVtec AT in city conditions? Does Honda offer a proper top-end AT variant? What are the typical service costs of iVtec AT?
How often does the City bottom out considering it's lower GC?

I can't find mention of Hill-hold control and hill-descent control in the specs. Is it there or not? If not, how good or bad is crawl function?

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 1st January 2018 at 12:49.
Old 1st January 2018, 14:04   #5934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
Has anyone noticed slight vibrations on steering wheel while braking when the speed is in excess of 90 kmph. During my trip from Aurangabad to Pune last week, I noticed it specially on slight down slopes. I have done this trip quite some times but don't think I experienced it before. With low speeds (60 to 70 kmph) and during city drives, all seems fine.

I am not sure if I read about similar problem on this thread, tried searching for it but couldn't find.
This could be due to Wheel Alignment/Balancing issue. Get the car aligned/balanced at a center where they have Roadforce Balancing and it should go away.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 01:45   #5935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post

It has to do with the brake pads reaching the end of their life. Get them replaced before the discs get affected.
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:22   #5936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
It has to do with the brake pads reaching the end of their life. Get them replaced before the discs get affected.
Not sure if this is the reason as the regular service was done last month and nothing of that sort came out on brake pads. May be worth checking it again though.

Just to add, car has clocked little over 20k KMs in two years time.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:22   #5937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Quick question to all petrol AT owners. What sort of fuel efficiency can we expect from iVtec AT in city conditions? Does Honda offer a proper top-end AT variant? What are the typical service costs of iVtec AT?
How often does the City bottom out considering it's lower GC?

I can't find mention of Hill-hold control and hill-descent control in the specs. Is it there or not? If not, how good or bad is crawl function?
I have a 2015 Petrol AT.
Depends on which "City" it is
For me, in Bangalore [one of the worst in bumper to bumper traffic], I get about 10 kmpl if I dont hard accelerate in the city. Of course, there is a very less possibility to do so.

With the new refresh, its only the Petrol AT that has the "top end" variant that OTR's at about 17+ lakhs in Bangalore. To me, this is ridiculous for "City" kind of segment. Who cares? People still buy!

Service aspect - another crap that has 6 months or 10K Kms service interval. Petrol vehicle with 10K Kms for 6 months is an absolute joke. My Safari DICOR used to be of 15K Kms for an year.

Service cost - Honestly, I forgot what it used to be. But, for regular servicing with no additional repairs, I think, it was around 3,000/- per service so far. Its definitely more than my Safari that had a tag name of "heavy on servicing".

Bottoming out on bumps - With the 2014 refresh, Honda managed to have a better GC [nothing great to be compared with Vento though] that doesn't bottom out on some worst of speed bumps in Bangalore.
I would say, Honda City is much better than Hyundai Verna in this aspect. Of course, City is better in many aspects compared to Verna.

Good luck!
Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 11:45   #5938
Senior - BHPian

City continues to rule the C Segment URL

Highest selling mid-size sedan during calendar year 2017

Quote:
Honda Cars in a recent press statement announced that its bestseller City has registered a sales of 62,573 units in full year 2017 and thus becoming the highest selling mid-size sedan during calendar year 2017! (Source)
We did an analysis on the data and figured that City did overtake Ciaz by a mere 606 units! The competition was indeed stiff and City achieved the feat with a close margin.

However, the segment has got very interesting – It combined contributed to 1,72,620 units in 2017 and contributed over 5% of overall passenger cars sales! Also interesting is the fact that the Top-2 sellers (City+Ciaz) contributed over 72% of the sales in the segment!

Hyundai’s Verna has got mixed responses till now and the Dec’17 sales was way behind expectations! Only 1,953 Verna sold in Dec’17 and the numbers atleast are a setback for the Korean OEM. Hope it could re-surge in the coming months. Rapid & Verna combined could sell 20,158 units – Another interesting fact here is that the Rapid sells almost 51% more than the Verna!
See the Top 5 sellers of the segment for 2017 –

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-11.jpg
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 09:57   #5939
BHPian

Does anyone have Kotak general insurance for Honda City [or any Honda cars] and service your car in Whitefield Honda, Bangalore?
I am seeing much better coverage at cheaper premium rate from "coverfox" on Kotak general insurance as compared to what Honda Assurance [Bajaj Allianz] offers me from Whitefield Honda.

I need to renew my insurance in next couple of weeks.

Any help/pointer is much appreciated.

Prem.
Old 5th January 2018, 12:31   #5940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Does anyone have Kotak general insurance for Honda City [or any Honda cars] and service your car in Whitefield Honda, Bangalore?
I am seeing much better coverage at cheaper premium rate from "coverfox" on Kotak general insurance as compared to what Honda Assurance [Bajaj Allianz] offers me from Whitefield Honda.

I need to renew my insurance in next couple of weeks.

Any help/pointer is much appreciated.

Prem.
While the premium is lower, most likely the dealer will not honor your cashless claims. As long as you are okay to forego cashless claims, you can buy insurance from outside.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed