Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2018, 14:33   #6016
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Guys, can anyone please share the part number for Honda City horn.

I want to buy OEM horn for my City from boodmo.com.
Old 22nd March 2018, 22:49   #6017
BHPian

Hey guys,
I would like to please ask all people with new(2017) honda city petrol model one question.
Does the engine oil dip stick show the oil level till the upper most dot/mark?
I have had my first oil change service from HASS and according to me the oil level is less. I think they have put 200~300ml less oil.
Oil level is abt 1~1.5 mm lower that the topmost dot/mark.
Now when i called up my service advisor he informed me that the level is perfect and started telling teaching me about checking engine oil suggesting that i drive and as long as the oil level is not near the bottom level of the dip stick it is ok.
Please advise if i need an oil top up. As then I will have to speak with the higher ups in HASS.
My trusted mechanic says that oil is less and another 200~400 ml will go in.
Also i find the car slightly rough to drive as in a bit more of friction from engine. May be i am hallucinated!
Please advise.
Old 22nd March 2018, 23:41   #6018
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
Does the engine oil dip stick show the oil level till the upper most dot/mark ?
Yes, I have gone through 2 oil changes till date and it was nearly touching the max mark on the dip-stick both times. This is when I checked the oil level before leaving the service center, never have I checked it later on.

Quote:
Oil level is abt 1~1.5 mm lower that the topmost dot/mark.
Have you checked this when the car was on a flat road and after the engine had warmed up ?

Quote:
My trusted mechanic says that oil is less and another 200~400 ml will go in.
It does not matter how much more oil can/will go in, the main thing is to have the correct amount of oil inside. 1mm-1.5mm lower than the max mark is still better than over-filling oil.

Quote:
Also i find the car slightly rough to drive as in a bit more of friction from engine. May be i am hallucinated!
A thaught that came to mind after reading this, have those guys not changed the oil and cheated you ? Saying this because; you said the oil level is low and new engines do consume oil sometimes plus you also say that the drive is rough which can be due to the old oil not being changed. Please check the colour of oil to be sure, new oil should be dark orange'ish and not brown AFAIK.

Just asking, which service center is this ?

Last edited by OSH : 22nd March 2018 at 23:47.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:53   #6019
BHPian

Yes the oil was checked on a flat surface with engine in absolute cold condition.
The oil was definitely replaced as i had checked for the same thing.
Also i agree that the oil should not be overfilled. But in this case its a clear underfill.
And lastly it is Linkway Honda in Mumbai.
Thanks again for your prompt response

Last edited by mdesai_1981 : 23rd March 2018 at 06:54.
Old 23rd March 2018, 08:30   #6020
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
the oil was checked on a flat surface with engine in absolute cold condition.
The engine should be warmed up i.e. driven for around 15 mins before checking the level of oil. You checked the level when the engine was cold and hence got a lower reading.

The oil becomes more thin as the temperature increases and that 1~1.5mm below the max mark must be getting covered at those times. Have a look at the level again and if in doubt, go ahead with speaking to someone at the dealership.
Old 23rd March 2018, 13:27   #6021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the oil was checked on a flat surface with engine in absolute cold condition.
The oil was definitely replaced as i had checked for the same thing.
Also i agree that the oil should not be overfilled. But in this case its a clear underfill.
And lastly it is Linkway Honda in Mumbai.
Thanks again for your prompt response
As long as in cold condition the oil is at least midway or higher than the middle of the indicators it is fine. You dont need to worry. Underfill would be when it is lower than the bottom indicator in cold condition.
Old 24th March 2018, 02:18   #6022
BHPian

Just an update.
I got a call back from my service advisor and he has agreed to check the car and top up the required engine oil as per my requirements and that he would be doing the same in front of me.
Thanks everyone for all your prompt response.
Old 25th March 2018, 09:39   #6023
BHPian

Sitting at Whitefield Honda for the 1year, 20k servicing of my CITY. Quote came up to 5150+taxes. This includes oil(1600), consumables(450), AC pollen filter(800), labour charges(2300)

SA tried to include injector cleaning, scanning and what not. Opened up honda checklist and suggestions subsided.

Planning to stay back and observe the work carried out. What better way of spending a Sunday than amongst CARS.
Old 25th March 2018, 11:37   #6024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Sitting at Whitefield Honda for the 1year, 20k servicing of my CITY. Quote came up to 5150+taxes. This includes oil(1600), consumables(450), AC pollen filter(800), labour charges(2300)
As per https://www.hondacarindia.com/Honda-...tOfMaintenance , it should be 4679/+ taxes in Bangalore for the 12month/20K service of the petrol variant. This is with synthetic oil.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 12:30   #6025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
As per https://www.hondacarindia.com/Honda-...tOfMaintenance , it should be 4679/+ taxes in Bangalore for the 12month/20K service of the petrol variant. This is with synthetic oil.
Yes, first observation shows consumables as the extra. Also, the engine oil portion looks different. I saw the mechanic filling fuel from barrel(exact amount) and not from sealed bottle(extra leftover), so ideally the values should match.
Old 26th March 2018, 10:20   #6026
Senior - BHPian

Happened in the morning today: was hit by the rear view of another car moving in the opposite direction. Traffic was very heavy and could not do anything.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20180326_090557.jpg
Right Hand Side - OVRM Mirror

The mirror is gone but the complete OVRM unit is functional and I managed to fit it back. Please recommend a good place in Bangalore where I can get it fixed?

I guess if I go to Showroom they will replace the entire unit which does not look necessary...
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 12:51   #6027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

I guess if I go to Showroom they will replace the entire unit which does not look necessary...
I guess not. They should be able to replace just the lens/mirror.

I cannot confirm this for Honda, but Hyundai certainly sells the mirror part only, and replacing the entire assembly is not required. And it is a tricky part to fix-in, needs patience from the mechanic's end.

I'd suggest first check at Honda service station and hope for the part to be available. My guess is it should cost you under 1K.
OrangeCar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 00:05   #6028

Hi, I am from Bangalore. I had been avoiding car for long cos of crazy Bangalore traffic. But then now me n my wife decided to have a car for our daily use. Monthly usage might be around 500 kms. We stay very near to our work places. I am looking to buy a used 4th gen Honda City AT. This will be my first car. I had driven my father's Indica before.

I had come across a car from with dealer Aug 2014 Bangalore Registered SV Variant, 16140 kms driven , 2nd owner. Cosmetically every thing fine interiors and exteriors. Insurance Expired in Aug 2017. Asking Price is 8L.

As per CarTrade Certification... overall 4/5 score :

Engine is good (4/5)
Suspension , Transmission, A/C, Exterior are Excellent (5/5)
Tyres in Poor Condition (for 16k driven!! I am surprised)

Under Engine Section : Hoses , Plugs , Oil, Belts, Filters were given Good rating (4/5) rest all rated 5/5

All 5 Tyres are rated 2/5. And I guess the current tyres can run another 5-10k kms. Enclosing the pic,

Now coming to the question - Any likelihood the seller had tampered with the odometer ? A 4 year old car , 2nd owner and still 16k odo meter but wornout tyres ?? sounds fishy to me. I am going to check the service history from Honda service center tomorrow.

I made an offer for 6.5L after checking online but they buyer wanted final 6.75L . The Car dealer asked commission of 2% and 5K extra for registration. Is this a market rate for dealers ? Assuming the insurance renewal is about 15k .... the initial cost of ownership is 6.9L. Is this overall a good price? Any scope to negotiate?

I have no experience of used cars. If the service history is clean, I am probably going ahead with this deal. Is there any thing i need to consider before going ahead with this deal? Can you folks please advice the do and donts before buying a used car. Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-car-tyre.jpg  

Old 31st March 2018, 22:48   #6029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Happened in the morning today: was hit by the rear view of another car moving in the opposite direction. Traffic was very heavy and could not do anything.

Attachment 1745372
Right Hand Side - OVRM Mirror

The mirror is gone but the complete OVRM unit is functional and I managed to fit it back. Please recommend a good place in Bangalore where I can get it fixed?
The Lens is a standalone piece. It should only set you back 800 INR max. See if they're adding additional labour charges. The same happened to me in March of 2017. If I recall the invoice was under 800 INR.
Old 1st April 2018, 05:24   #6030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_vijay12 View Post

Now coming to the question - Any likelihood the seller had tampered with the odometer ? A 4 year old car , 2nd owner and still 16k odo meter but wornout tyres ?? sounds fishy to me. I am going to check the service history from Honda service center tomorrow.

I made an offer for 6.5L after checking online but they buyer wanted final 6.75L . The Car dealer asked commission of 2% and 5K extra for registration. Is this a market rate for dealers ? Assuming the insurance renewal is about 15k .... the initial cost of ownership is 6.9L. Is this overall a good price

I have no experience of used cars. If the service history is clean, I am probably going ahead with this deal. Is there any thing i need to consider before going ahead with this deal? Can you folks please advice the do and donts before buying a used car. Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance
Can you check the manufacturing date of the tyres ?
16k kms for a 4yr old car looks a bit on the lower side. Why don't you check the service history at the nearest honda ASC ?
Check insurance records for any major claims and accident history.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks