Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-406.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshayhonda (Post 4405388)
And we are now going ahead with the City Petrol (V MT). And the confusion of the color Silver v/s Mettalic Grey is still there and will be mostly in favour of the Alabaster Grey.

Definitely don't buy Silver..It's basically the worst color for the City and it looks very cheap very soon after buying. Go for one of the darker colors or Orchid White (what i have) and make sure you wax the car regularly.
And don't buy Michelin XM2 tyres (in case you are considering them)- I upgraded to them and not impressed at all. Whenever I floor the accelerator (which is frequently), the XM2s squeal like a spoilt pig. Worst purchase ever for an enthusiast.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxh (Post 4405402)
Definitely don't buy Silver..It's basically the worst color for the City and it looks very cheap very soon after buying.

Agree. Avoid BOTH silver and XM2. :D

Go for other colours and try for a Michelin P3ST or Perfinza. Even Apollo Alnac 4G is good. XM2 is a uncle tyre. Superb for your Dad but not for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxh (Post 4405402)
Definitely don't buy Silver..It's basically the worst color for the City and it looks very cheap very soon after buying. Go for one of the darker colors or Orchid White (what i have) and make sure you wax the car regularly.
And don't buy Michelin XM2 tyres (in case you are considering them)- I upgraded to them and not impressed at all. Whenever I floor the accelerator (which is frequently), the XM2s squeal like a spoilt pig. Worst purchase ever for an enthusiast.:Frustrati

I somehow find the Silver just too good. Low on maintenance as well. Hence narrowing it on the same.


About tyres getting the Earth 1 from Yokohama

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxh (Post 4405402)
Definitely don't buy Silver..It's basically the worst color for the City and it looks very cheap very soon after buying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4405408)
Agree. Avoid BOTH silver and XM2. :D

The color preference depends on the individual and here is mine silver color after 4.5 yrs of use. Doesn't look cheap as of now :)

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img9855.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img9856.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img9862.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshayhonda (Post 4405466)
Been using the Yokohama Earth1 on the Amaze and the i10 as well. No complaints whatsoever.

Are those a good choice to go for on the City for upsizing or should I consider tyres like Goodyear Assurance Triplemax, MRF Perfinza or ZLO?

About tyres getting the Earth 1 from Yokohama

You can also look as continental's as alternative in that price range as they have good reviews. Avoid goodyear as apart from the 2yrs no questions warranty, they are not that good. MRF Perfinza also i believe has good reviews .

However since there is no luxury to experiment, I would suggest to stick with Yoko's as you have prior experience of them. Yoko's are excellent and I have been running them on my swift for more than a 1.2 Lakh KMs now(on my 3rd set).

Also would suggest you look at the VX variant if you can afford primarily from the sunroof perspective. Even if you use it once in a while, it will be worth it and the kids in the house will love you for the same.

Again since the car would be with you for more than 5 yrs and your dad will primarily drive the car, see if buying automatic makes sense with the growing traffic in our country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 4405480)
However since there is no luxury to experiment, I would suggest to stick with Yoko's as you have prior experience of them. Yoko's are excellent and I have been running them on my swift for more than a 1.2 Lakh KMs now(on my 3rd set).

Also would suggest you look at the VX variant if you can afford primarily from the sunroof perspective. Even if you use it once in a while, it will be worth it and the kids in the house will love you for the same.

Again since the car would be with you for more than 5 yrs and your dad will primarily drive the car, see if buying automatic makes sense with the growing traffic in our country.

Going ahead with Yoko Earth1 itself.

Married 6 months back no plan of kids for two more years so point in kids enjoying sunroof as of now. Also VX is 2.25L expensive over the V. I'd rather spend that amount of fuel for the trips and have fun ;)

About opting for a manual. I stay in Goa (not so touristy part of the state) and traffic here is next to none. So manual is good for us. And long drives I take the wheel so I need that manual shift to the feel as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 4405480)
The color preference depends on the individual and here is mine silver color after 4.5 yrs of use. Doesn't look cheap as of now :)
..
..
You can also look as continental's as alternative in that price range as they have good reviews. Avoid goodyear as apart from the 2yrs no questions warranty, they are not that good. MRF Perfinza also i believe has good reviews .

However since there is no luxury to experiment, I would suggest to stick with Yoko's as you have prior experience of them. Yoko's are excellent and I have been running them on my swift for more than a 1.2 Lakh KMs now(on my 3rd set).

Also would suggest you look at the VX variant if you can afford primarily from the sunroof perspective. Even if you use it once in a while, it will be worth it and the kids in the house will love you for the same.

Again since the car would be with you for more than 5 yrs and your dad will primarily drive the car, see if buying automatic makes sense with the growing traffic in our country.



I had a Alabaster Silver Honda City ZX VTEC for 130,000 km x 9 years and it looked like new when I sold it.

My two bits - in India we should use only light colors. In the West, they have love for dark colors. In India, we need to cool the cars and not heat the cars like in the West. In my latest trip of Himachal Pradesh, 90% of the cars were either white or silver!

Anyway, color is still a purely personal choice!!

Girish Mahajan

I'm general, for cars having prominent cuts and creases look good in light Colors (like city, jazz etc) as the light shade tend to expose them well, cars with plain design look good in dark colors (vento, lancer etc).
For city, I like white, silver and grey in the same order. Seat color also plays a major role in complementing the body color. Silver with black seats, black with tan covers and the like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshayhonda (Post 4405388)
Now coming mainly to the rubber. I plan to change the tyres as soon as the car rolls out of the dealership. Stock tyres are 175/65-R15 and I plan to get the wider (improves the looks as well) 195/60-R15

Been using the Yokohama Earth1 on the Amaze and the i10 as well. No complaints whatsoever.

I have a honda city V AT.

If you upsize your tyres you will loose all the warranty on your vehicle. I know its absurd but honda is extremely particular w.r.t. their warranty.

Yes it depends on your rapport with the service advisor also; but just wanted to keep you informed.

And yes if at all please stick to Yokohama earth. I personally liked them over michellin. Have them both in my C class and swift. Better suited for Indian roads.

But you have to take the final call. What may be nice to me maynot be to your liking.

Enjoy the new ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 (Post 4406027)
I have a honda city V AT.

If you upsize your tyres you will loose all the warranty on your vehicle. I know its absurd but honda is extremely particular w.r.t. their warranty.

Yes it depends on your rapport with the service advisor also; but just wanted to keep you informed.

And yes if at all please stick to Yokohama earth. I personally liked them over michellin. Have them both in my C class and swift. Better suited for Indian roads.

But you have to take the final call. What may be nice to me maynot be to your liking.

Enjoy the new ride.


I already had a word with the dealership guys here in Goa they told me on a V model thats the first thing they change as stock tyres are too skinny. Warranty will be void only if we change the alloys is what he told me. I still will recheck to avoid any unpleasant experience.


I have the Earth1 on my Amaze and i10 and in love with them. As you said. Perfect for India. Now a friend just put the ContiMaxContact in my head for being an equally good yet a silent grippy tyre. Hopefully should get over the confusions by the time my car arrives in 2 weeks :D

Does anyone know the specification of the parking light bulb fit in the headlight cluster of 2014 Honda City. I've checked the owners manual and it says the model only for the high beam and low beam.

Any help will be appreciated. please:

I have a question around the servicing intervals for our Honda City CVT version which we bought in 2015. The car will soon turn 3 years old and has been used for about 36,000kms. At what intervals do we need to send the car to the service center? Is it once every 6 months or once in 12 months?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saanil (Post 4406741)
I have a question around the servicing intervals for our Honda City CVT version which we bought in 2015. The car will soon turn 3 years old and has been used for about 36,000kms. At what intervals do we need to send the car to the service center? Is it once every 6 months or once in 12 months?

As per the documentation, its every 10K on ODO OR every 6 months, whichever is earlier.
Btw, I do have the same [2015 CVT].

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshayhonda (Post 4406095)
I already had a word with the dealership guys here in Goa they told me on a V model thats the first thing they change as stock tyres are too skinny. Warranty will be void only if we change the alloys is what he told me. I still will recheck to avoid any unpleasant experience.


I have the Earth1 on my Amaze and i10 and in love with them. As you said. Perfect for India. Now a friend just put the ContiMaxContact in my head for being an equally good yet a silent grippy tyre. Hopefully should get over the confusions by the time my car arrives in 2 weeks :D

Did you finally upsize? Let us know what the dealership finally conveyed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4416584)
Did you finally upsize? Let us know what the dealership finally conveyed.


Will be taking the delivery in July. Dealership confirmed to me that no warranty will be void if tires are upsized. Also mentioned that the first things most customers do on models V & below are change the tires soon after delivery in Goa.

I drove a new gen Honda City recently for 100 kms and also traveled another 400 kms. I have been a fan of this since I was kid and had high expectations from it. But my observations were that:
Overall I was disappointed with the car. Thought I should share it here to see if I am missing something.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:33.