Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2018, 17:08   #6121
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM6James View Post
That's great man, please do share the post installation pics with us. Moreover do the steering controls and reverse camera work?

Also I'm curious to know where you got the faceplate from. Cause the old one wouldn't have fit the new system right ?
They are supposed to work but may require an additional adapter/coupler which my installation guy is trying to figure out asking the company/dealer he bought it from before proceeding, so yeah, it'll work, just doesn't as of now.

The stock one cannot fit, he arranged a new faceplate, it's readily available in the market, it's not exactly as same as the stock one, it's a little greyish than black, but works and difference are hard to notice. Costed 1.8k.

Will post some pics when I get the camera working, hopefully in a day or two.
Ruchir031 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 21:18   #6122
BHPian

A few quick pics of the modifications I have done with the car. (sorry for the quality)

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0089.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0080.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0082.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0083.jpeg

Sorry as I have no before pics for reference, but you can use your imagination of what the car look liked prior to this, that is, right out of the showroom. Exactly, that was my car for the last 30 months and 40,000 KMs

P.S the front bumper is shining out loud because I just had it painted a couple hours ago before taking these pics
Ruchir031 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 10:01   #6123
Geo
BHPian

All, any recommendations for fitting original leather seat covers (other than OEM from Honda) for City in Bangalore?
Old 12th August 2018, 13:53   #6124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
A few quick pics of the modifications I have done with the car. (sorry for the quality):
How much did those headlamps cost you ? Did you have to do any wiring modifications? Do they have built in DRLs?
Old 12th August 2018, 14:10   #6125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM6James View Post
How much did those headlamps cost you ? Did you have to do any wiring modifications? Do they have built in DRLs?
Everything costed me around 28k, full HID for headlights, fog lamps, projectors, DRL's and black paint on chrome. The headlight assembly had to be opened.
Yes, wiring modification was done. DRL was put in separately.
Old 12th August 2018, 21:51   #6126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrrooommm View Post
Guys, need some help. My car (iDTEC VMT) is taken for 70K (Odo reading 65k) service this monday, during that time i have complained of a rattling noice coming from somewhere near the break pedals. I was suspecting issue with steering column. Anyhow for the last 5 days service center guys are trying to identify the root cause of the problem with out much success. .

Happy to update that after 4 months and 8k Kms the issue is identified and fixed. It turns out to be a broken nut in the steering adjustment mechanism, causing the steering to rattle while going through potholes. Thanks to Mr. Ishwar and Vinod of Magnum Kanakpura to go out all the way to identify and fix this. They have spend a good amount of time for identifying the issue. Anyway all ended well.
Vrrooommm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 14:21   #6127
BHPian

Today, I have given my City VX CVT for 50K KMs [30 months] service. My ODO is at 36K KMs. This time, I chose Saphire Honda based on the feedback I received from few of the Bangalore folks.
Here again, several additional things [AC vent cleaning, wheel balancing, alignment, weights, etc.] were added in the quotation and jacked up the projected service cost. I strongly denied those.

One thing, I had a doubt was about the "Rat mesh" that was suggested. Its interesting that the Service Advisor opened the bonnet and by the look of the dust deposit pattern on the engine cover and the bay [entire area under the bonnet lid], he asked if rats are there. He said, the dust deposit is not uniform instead there are few dots in the dust deposited. He said, this can happen only the rat moves inside the bonnet. There is every chance that it can get into the cabin though the hole meant for AC vent inside the bonnet.
I honestly, dont understand the logic of it.

Anyone else?

Prem
Old 13th August 2018, 14:33   #6128
BHPian

My parking has rat problem, I used to see lot of trail marks n dumping in engine. Rather than going any fancy way i bought very cheap n worst smelling toilet cleaning phenol . I spray phenol in engine bay once in a month, I dont see any rat trail marks after that.
I don't smell phenol inside cabin with ac on or off.
Old 13th August 2018, 15:50   #6129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
My parking has rat problem, I used to see lot of trail marks n dumping in engine. Rather than going any fancy way i bought very cheap n worst smelling toilet cleaning phenol . I spray phenol in engine bay once in a month, I dont see any rat trail marks after that.
I don't smell phenol inside cabin with ac on or off.
This is exactly what I thought. But, what do you mean by "trail marks"? All I see is only some "dots". Its like how in rainy season, the car would look dirty & dusty on its body outside
Old 13th August 2018, 16:18   #6130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
A few quick pics of the modifications I have done with the car. (sorry for the quality)

Attachment 1789322

Attachment 1789323

Attachment 1789324

Attachment 1789325

Sorry as I have no before pics for reference, but you can use your imagination of what the car look liked prior to this, that is, right out of the showroom. Exactly, that was my car for the last 30 months and 40,000 KMs
Sorry for the back to back posts, I didn't know how to delete this post or merge this with my previous one.

With the updated lights, the look is good. Couple of questions.

1) Is the purpose served? Is the lights better while night driving?
2) What about the warranty impact with this change of headlights?

Prem.

Last edited by kaviprem : 13th August 2018 at 16:20.
Old 13th August 2018, 17:37   #6131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
1) Is the purpose served? Is the lights better while night driving?
2) What about the warranty impact with this change of headlights?

Prem.
1) Yes, night driving is a lot more smoother and convenient with these lights. Visibility has a major impact even if I just have the fog lights on.

2) Warranty will be voided but I am more satisfied with my FNG than Honda themselves for any work on my car so that is not an issue for me really. Have a terrible history with them and their services.
Old 14th August 2018, 23:02   #6132
BHPian

Ironhide comes home!

After an impatient wait in the name of auspicious days my MY18 Honda City V-MT comes home. I was a rather emotional moment for me when the parents unveiled the vehicle. Its the bestest possible feeling in the world. I kid you not. And as usual my wife was late to arrive at the delivery as usual. Hence by the time she arrives. The car gets shod with HRSP plates.

Got the car at a fantastic deal of OTR @ 11.51L in Goa.

Got freebies in form of from Coastal Honda:
1. Mud guard.
2. Honda OEM Premium matting.
3. Under body coating.
4. Anti rust treatment + polishing.
5. OEM Honda Leatherette seat covers.
6. Rear parking sensors.
7. Leather steering cover.
8. Door handle grab protection.
9. Door side garnish protectors.

The delivery experience from Coastal Honda was spot on. It was as warm and welcoming as during our Amaze delivery way back in Aug'13. Also plans on purchase of 2018 Amaze CVT Diesel are already been made during the delivery itself.

I also upsized the tyres to 195/60-R15 from Continental Conti Max Contact MC5.

The drive back home from dealership was a 38kms long. Managed to draw 12.4kmpl to start with during the running in period. Will post updates as and how days pass by. Happy and delighted to be a part of City owners clan

Attaching pictures of my delivery, tyre & maiden drive FE.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20180814_1524000.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20180814_152521.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20180814_170126.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20180811_114135925_hdr.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20180814_213929408_hdr.jpg
akshayhonda is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 17:27   #6133
mxh
BHPian

Getting really bad mileage in the last few tankfulls, only 7.1 to 7.3 Km/lit. Service station says everything is "normal". All part replacements/ fluid changes were done as per Honda schedule. Engine Air filter was replaced 6 months ago and cleaned few days ago. Could anyone please suggest what all should be checked. I used to get 9 to 9.5 in the same kind of traffic earlier. This is really burning a hole in my pocket with nowadays petrol prices. The car is a 2015 City and done around 12500 km.

Last edited by mxh : 16th August 2018 at 17:29.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 22:32   #6134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Getting really bad mileage in the last few tankfulls, only 7.1 to 7.3 Km/lit. Service station says everything is "normal". All part replacements/ fluid changes were done as per Honda schedule. Engine Air filter was replaced 6 months ago and cleaned few days ago. Could anyone please suggest what all should be checked. I used to get 9 to 9.5 in the same kind of traffic earlier. This is really burning a hole in my pocket with nowadays petrol prices. The car is a 2015 City and done around 12500 km.
Re-evaluate your driving style. Don't mean to offend you. Driving style changes over time. To add to it, the growing traffic & crumbling roads, huge traffic jams aren't helping either.

I was having the same doubt over the last few months and thought about all sorts of reasons for the FE fall. This was until I went for a highway drive and noticed that the highway FE still remains the same as I used to get when the car was new. So if the car returns the same FE on highway runs as earlier, you can blame the drop in FE within City to the above mentioned factors.

I have a 2014 V MT Petrol with about 58K on odo.
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:45   #6135
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Re-evaluate your driving style. Don't mean to offend you. Driving style changes over time. To add to it, the growing traffic & crumbling roads, huge traffic jams aren't helping either.

I was having the same doubt over the last few months and thought about all sorts of reasons for the FE fall. This was until I went for a highway drive and noticed that the highway FE still remains the same as I used to get when the car was new. So if the car returns the same FE on highway runs as earlier, you can blame the drop in FE within City to the above mentioned factors.

I have a 2014 V MT Petrol with about 58K on odo.
My driving style has remained the same since I bought the car. Also the commute route and time is also same for the last 3 years. Any other suggestions?

Most Viewed