Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2018, 14:28   #6166
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Here are my statistics with respect to mileage for my City iVtec MT 4th generation car.

Couple of points -
  • Car is driven in 30% city conditions while 70% on highways
  • I am an aggressive driver (not to mention I drive safe and within limits)
  • The stats are for over 17k KMs and average given is 14.06 kmpl
  • I am sure I can get more kmpl if I drive sedately keeping the rpms around 2.5k to 3k range

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city.jpg
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 21:46   #6167
BHPian

Having trouble with my City's A/C since this morning. Noticed the lack of cooling while driving for a few mins and realized that even though the a/c was on, the compressor was not kicking in, and hence no cool air at all.

Everything else was fine till that moment, no weird symptoms like hissing sounds, low/weak air throw, fan speed etc.

Blower works fine, speed of the fan changes fine, no unwanted sounds, no vibrations etc, but a/c compressor simply doesn't come on. Car has only done 22K and is less than 4 yrs old.

Worried on two counts:

a. tough to devote time/energy to this as it's a crazy busy time at the office. This is an additional issue that has cropped up out of nowhere. Till yesterday the A/C was working and cooling just fine.

b. I feel it might be a simple fix like a blown fuse etc, but with A/C systems A.S.S and even FNGs try to make a buck by pushing it as a complicated & expensive problem like busted compressor etc.

Any advice/suggestions on trusted A/C shops in East Bangalore?

Coincidentally, taking my car to Carsmith this Thursday and they've confirmed that they're well equipped to handle A/C issues. Fingers crossed.
Old 12th September 2018, 16:44   #6168
BHPian

I gave my 4th gen i-vtec city to Arya Honda - Kalina Mumbai, for the 50000kms paid service. Kms on the odometer currently 32000. I just received the invoice which has a mention of Windscreen treatment - INR 1900. Total bill : INR 6530

Any idea on what this treatment is all about or have i been fleeced by Arya Honda?
Old 12th September 2018, 17:13   #6169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
I gave my 4th gen i-vtec city to Arya Honda - Kalina Mumbai, for the 50000kms paid service. Kms on the odometer currently 32000. I just received the invoice which has a mention of Windscreen treatment - INR 1900. Total bill : INR 6530

Any idea on what this treatment is all about or have i been fleeced by Arya Honda?
I have heard of AC system treatment. I had it done for my Honda City sometime ago. Never heard of windscreen treatment. Maybe they put that as a line item for billing purpose and actually did something else for the same cost. Best to seek clarification.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 21:21   #6170
BHPian

Quote:
Windscreen treatment - INR 1900. Total bill : INR 6530
Fleeced for sure. Absolutely not required and no one in our Honda City circle in Mumbai has got this done! Get the refund from them.

Advice: only and only stick to owners manual. Refuse to get anything else done. They will try to sell initially but once they know you are firm, they will stop bugging.
avdhesh15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 22:57   #6171
BHPian

Quote:
I just received the invoice which has a mention of Windscreen treatment - INR 1900. Total bill : INR 6530

I have been offered this many times for my Jazz. Basically they say they are going to polish the glass area and remove minor scratches... When they offered this i asked them if they can guarantee compete removal of scratches, they backed off. Unless you had a minor scratched glass and now it is clear... Ask for refund.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 23:41   #6172
Senior - BHPian

Is there an issue with the door handles of the City?

My cousin had to replace the one on the right rear door sometime back. The door just couldn't be opened from outside. Pulling the handle had no effect on the door. He then got it replaced by paying a little more than 3k. Honda didn't offer warranty replacement and I think he also didn't bother.

But then the driver door handle also packed up soon afterwards. And that blew a fuse as it ideally should. It's a major inconvenience and also embarrassing when the driver side door isn't working. You can't even say the child lock is on.

Took the car to service and Honda wasn't budging. But they taught him a workaround to open the door. Pull the door handle from underneath while pressing the door with the thumb! And you know what, it works. Pull it the usual way, and the door doesn't budge.

It doesn't look like Honda is keen on a warranty replacement and my cousin is also not willing to spend money on it. And rightfully so! I told him his Honda has become truly keyless. Forget the key, he doesn't even have to lock the driver side door now. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this here!
Old 13th September 2018, 12:41   #6173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Basically they say they are going to polish the glass area and remove minor scratches... When they offered this i asked them if they can guarantee compete removal of scratches, they backed off. Unless you had a minor scratched glass and now it is clear... Ask for refund.
I took this up with Arya Honda Kalina stating that the windscreen treatment is nowhere mentioned in the service manual. To that he tells me'"We carry out the windscreen treatment when we see white lead on the windscreen."

I googled but could not find anything. This is pure fleecing. I have asked them for a refund.

Can the folks in Mumbai suggest me the best authorised Honda workshop as my car is still under warranty?
RJ2285 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 21:04   #6174
BHPian

I don't like Arya Honda as a dealer i always found them little ignorant. I service at Link way Honda Kanjurmarg or Chandivli. The key is to maintain personal relationships with the service advisors. They also have targets. I allow them to carry out small cost extras. This helps them in their targets and gets you good service without such unnecessary things. I remember once my SA told me that glass treatment will remove salt deposits on glass. I denied. There are plenty online videos on cleaning glass areas at home.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 21:07   #6175
BHPian

Quote:
I took this up with Arya Honda Kalina stating that the windscreen treatment is nowhere mentioned in the service manual. To that he tells me'"We carry out the windscreen treatment when we see white lead on the windscreen."

I googled but could not find anything. This is pure fleecing. I have asked them for a refund.

Can the folks in Mumbai suggest me the best authorised Honda workshop as my car is still under warranty?
Complete scam - threaten them to refund or tell them you'll go all over on social media. If it's an optional task not mentioned in the initial estimate you signed, they can't do it without your approval. Talk to the head of the SAs and not just the SA who attended to your car.

Try Solitaire Honda Andheri. Have been going to them for years and years across cars (3rd now) without any major incidents.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 23:27   #6176
mxh
BHPian

Here's my mileage in 100% Mumbai city traffic with my Honda city petrol. Trip meter was resetted while filling up and around 250km driven. This photo was taken before filling up again today.
EDIT: team bhp android app is throwing some security error while uploading photo. Anyway the photo shows mileage -7.7 km/lit.

Last edited by mxh : 14th September 2018 at 23:31.
Old 14th September 2018, 23:41   #6177
mxh
BHPian

Quote:

Tell them that "I don't pay for jobs which I have not requested"
Another tactic the service station uses is billing for higher volume of consumable items. Like if 1 Lit is supposed to be put, they bill you for 2.5 lit. Check the service bill on the Honda website before giving the car for servicing and don't even pay 1 Rs extra over that.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/Honda-...tOfMaintenance
If they don't refund, make a complaint with Honda on the toll free line and specify the names of the people you dealt with. THis is occuring at all service stations so I think there's no escape and you have to fight or accept getting looted.

Last edited by mxh : 14th September 2018 at 23:43.
mxh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 17:46   #6178
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City's new ad calls its rivals toys, copy cats, etc - can it get back to being Nr. # 1 ?

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 19:36   #6179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Having trouble with my City's A/C since this morning. Noticed the lack of cooling while driving for a few mins and realized that even though the a/c was on, the compressor was not kicking in, and hence no cool air at all.
Kindly have the ac relay looked at if the refrigant level is not low.
Old 16th September 2018, 19:43   #6180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Kindly have the ac relay looked at if the refrigant level is not low.
Thanks for the advice!

I actually got it fixed on Wednesday at an AC FNG near my office, based on word of mouth from some colleagues. The guy mentioned that some coil had shorted and initially he wanted me to come over the next day so that he can source the part and replace it, but due to my paucity of time he fixed the existing one and topped up the gas levels. He seemed like a knowledgeable guy, and his shop had pretty good google reviews and pics too.

It's been working fine since then, hopefully no issues going forward.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks