Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-414.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PraNeel (Post 4468779)
Honda City Diesel achieves 45 kmpl in a mileage run.

What I've experienced over the years is that its a piece of cake to get a mileage of 33 kmpl average mileage on the Diesel City. I was a bit surprised with 45 kmpl figures.

Only thing to be done is to drive it constantly between 65 kmph to 70kmph with the rpm hovering around 1400 rpm. I'm talking about a fully loaded car with 4 passengers and with a trunk full of heavy luggage and AC always ON.

For the Diesel City, it just doesn't matter whether you're driving alone or fully loaded with passengers and luggage, having the AC ON or OFF makes no difference to the power or to the mileage figures, it just keeps pulling like a locomotive and the zero turbo lag is a bonus.

The only problem is, it is very difficult to drive at 65 to 70 kmph :), nobody would have that kind of patience.
Practically, the speed on 4/6 lane roads would be around 100 to 110 kmph, the average mileage drops and stabilizes to around 22 or 23 kmpl.

In fact on undivided highways, where the speed usually stays within 80kmph, hitting that 26kmpl City official figures is just a default behavior (with full load and AC).
It feels great to see what Honda has published as ARAI figures is so realistic and achievable effortlessly. Almost at par at what my motorcycle use to give long ago:D

Even in heavy Bangalore traffic, the average mileage over many seasons has been hovering around 18.5 kmpl (touch wood).

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4468786)
Practically, the speed on 4/6 lane roads would be around 100 to 110 kmph, the average mileage drops and stabilizes to around 22 or 23 kmpl.

Very true, this has been my experience as well.

Quote:

It feels great to see what Honda has published as ARAI figures is so realistic and achievable effortlessly. Almost at par at what my motorcycle use to give long ago:D

Totally agree...

Quote:

Even in heavy Bangalore traffic, the average mileage over many seasons has been hovering around 18.5 kmpl (touch wood).

That is the main advantage of a diesel car - even during idling in stop and go traffic there is not much mileage lost. I also used to see a mileage of 18.5 kmpl in Bangalore traffic earlier but it has reduced to 18.0 kmpl these days due to Metro Construction reducing the traffic speeds further.

No wonder the Amaze CVT mated to the iDTEC engine is selling like hot cakes, it brings the best of both worlds - the advantage of an autobox plus the fuel efficiency which one can live with given the current fuel prices.

Honda should not wait for the next gen City but rather introduce the City Diesel CVT as soon as they can - I am sure it will sell well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4461613)
Honda City's new ad calls its rivals toys, copy cats, etc - can it get back to being Nr. # 1 ?

Honda - Is this the Market response to your toys / copycat ad. ?

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1.jpg

Source:Auto Punditz

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMishra (Post 4466117)
I have 2016 City-iVtec-V at 17000 km. I have the following observations

1. City driving and average over 2 years : 12 kmpl; Highway driving 19.5 kmpl
2. Rattling is a truth. It started after 1 year. Mostly from LHS door, dash board. Not solved after 3 tries.
3. With only driver, no bottom till date. But with loaded passengers, yes sometimes it bottoms at big bumps. For high ground clearance one should change the segment.
4. Suspensions I don't like at all of this vehicle. Noise from all the rough patches are directly transferred to cabin.
5. Till date I did not need any spares.
I find my friend's Verna purchased around similar time and have similar kms driven on the same route is quite better in terms of engine sound, NVH and suspension.
Thanks

FE of 19.50 kmpl on highways? That is nice to hear. Even on long drives in highways only, with speeds not exceeding 110 kmph, I get not more than 15 kmpl. But what is agreeable average FE across users?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PraNeel (Post 4468779)
Honda City Diesel achieves 45 kmpl in a mileage run. Done by Buny Punia
Just a fun exercise!! :)

WOW! I did do my calculations between Diesel and Petrol cars in terms of FE, over all cost, etc before making my choice for Petrol V iVtec. With these kind of figures in diesel and fuel costs sky rocketing, I am starting to wonder whether my assumptions have been totally wrong...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvijayakrishnan (Post 4473383)
FE of 19.50 kmpl on highways? That is nice to hear. Even on long drives in highways only, with speeds not exceeding 110 kmph, I get not more than 15 kmpl. But what is agreeable average FE across users?

It depends on the road situations and driving manners. For me, most of the highways are single lane traffic in Kerala. Hence the highway fuel efficiency of my car would be completely different (lower) when compared to some other honda city which is running in three lane highways. My fuel consumption as per MID for the past 70,000 kms and on 195 section tyres averages at 14.7kmpl.

My driving style would be involving more gear changes as I would like to take corners without breaking and love to rev match. Once I had a boring drive (self induced sedate driving) of 100 kms at 3.30 am, which gave me a fuel efficiency of 23 kmpl. But never again I have seen that kind of efficiency with my usual driving style.

So baby your throttle inputs, drive on highways around 80kmph, then you would see better economy figures.

Note: I have 2014 Honda City SV MT i-vtec.

Hi I just wanted to know if we can get the steering mounted controls installed in the E variant of the 3rd gen City? And would it have any adverse effects on the airbag? Thanks in advance.

Hello.

I have a 2015 December Honda City VX Petrol.

I am primarily chauffeur driven and get behind the wheels on weekends only.
I am overall quite satisfied with the car and service except for one issue, that while the rear bench of the City is a very comfortable place to be in in terms of space and legroom it tends to bounce around quite a bit. My 2008 City ZX though has less legroom but is more composed.

Since it is time to change the tyres of my car, Can anyone recommend tyres which can improve the ride quality?

Otherwise, I may have to end up selling this car sooner than expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilrs (Post 4481047)
Hello.

I am overall quite satisfied with the car and service except for one issue, that while the rear bench of the City is a very comfortable place to be in in terms of space and legroom it tends to bounce around quite a bit. My 2008 City ZX though has less legroom but is more composed.

Since it is time to change the tyres of my car, Can anyone recommend tyres which can improve the ride quality?

Have you looked at the option of putting in a spacer in the rear Springs? It might reduce the bounciness. I have the spacer installed in my Civic and it has reduced the bounciness at the same time helping avoid hitting the unscientific road bumps.

I will recommend upsizing the tyres to 195/60 R15 tyres preferably Yokohama earth 1 or michellin xm2.

Also my observation regarding tyre pressure is to keep 32 psi fwd and 30 psi rear.
Try these things. It should improve the ride quality considerably.

Also please get your suspension checked for any damages before replacing the tyres.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

What is the RPM at 100kmph on the 5MT ivtec?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilrs (Post 4481047)
Hello.

As you are primarily chauffeur driven, you could try changing your tires to 195/65/R15 section Michelins, but make sure it does not cause side wall rubbing on fenders. I have upgraded tires to 195/60/15 section Michelin xm2s, but the ride quality has improved very marginally only, but the handling and breaking have improved significantly. Increasing the suspension stiffness in the 4th generation city have deteriorated the ride quality significantly. I would advice you to take a ride in a 4th generation Honda City having 195/65/15 section tires if it is possible. Even though I suggested the above up size, I don't think it will result in a significant improvement in ride quality. Another possibility is to check with your dealer if the 3rd generation Honda City suspension can be retrofitted in your car, or else go for a suspension upgrade for improving ride quality.

Guys, anybody in here who have upgraded to 195/65/15 sections in 4th generation Honda City? Please pitch in with your observations. I have read such an upgrade somewhere in team-bhp itself, but I can't find it now.

Note : The above up size may not be correct as it may create more deviation in the readings, the suggestion is purely for increasing ride quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful (Post 4482016)
What is the RPM at 100kmph on the 5MT ivtec?

2900. A six speed manual would be great for cruising speeds of 100-110 though. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 4483943)
2900. A six speed manual would be great for cruising speeds of 100-110 though. stupid:

I know right. City sounds so loud at 100, much louder than a grandi10 petrol also.

I do not feel there is that much engine noise also on the highway with my 2014 city MT, it's more of road noise and wind noise. The only time I find the engine noise intrusive is once the car gets to high speeds.