Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-416.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dushie (Post 4500507)
I have a city 2010 Auto CVT, had a question for you in terms of the mileage you are getting. I have read and heard claims about it giving 10+ in the city and 14+ on highway with sedate driving. Unfortunately in Pune i am getting 8.5 Kmpl in the city , have not driven on highway yet so can't say. I am on 195/60/R15 MC5 continental tyres currently. So i understand there would be a drop in mileage of around 0.5 to 1 KMPL. The air filter is clean, engine oil is good and air flter is clean. Is there anything i am missing here. This is my first experience of owning and driving a Honda City. Any inputs or pointers would be welcome.

Its been a while I drive on a bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore. But, with a moderate traffic in Bangalore with ECO mode, I get anywhere b/w 9.5 to 10.5 kmpl as measured by tank full method [no top-up till the brim, just auto cut off].
In highways, if I maintain b/w 100-120, I get 15-16 kmpl. If I go past 120 kmph, I get 14 kmpl. If I switch to sports mode in highways, I get around 13-14 kmpl.

Prem.

From the last 2 months the ABS warning light was intermittently switching on and used to disappear once I turn off the engine and back on. During the service done last month, I mentioned the issue and they cleared the error codes. The issue didn't appear for about 4 days or so. But then again the the warning light started turning intermittently again.

I took to the service center today and I was told that the ABS module needs to be replaced. The price for that is around 20,000. Since I'd opted for the extended warranty it would be done without any charges from my side.

Good idea to have extended warranty on cars with all the safety features that is expensive to replace..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4500560)
Its been a while I drive on a bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore. But, with a moderate traffic in Bangalore with ECO mode, I get anywhere b/w 9.5 to 10.5 kmpl as measured by tank full method [no top-up till the brim, just auto cut off].
In highways, if I maintain b/w 100-120, I get 15-16 kmpl. If I go past 120 kmph, I get 14 kmpl. If I switch to sports mode in highways, I get around 13-14 kmpl.

Prem.

Thanks for the update Prem, i will try following the auto cut off method. As of now i am getting an average of 7.5 in the city the real time indicator shows 8.5, but i read many post have suggested that it shows a higher number . As my driving is low and only on weekends, i do not do much travel in the car. Had another query, i got the reserve light come on and distance to empty showed up as 22kms. What is the reserve tank capacity. I read somewhere it is 5 Liter +. As 22km on reserve is a very short range. What are your thoughts on this.

We are contemplating booking the City V MT Petrol immediately. Could someone please shed light on whether upgrading the tyres to 195 section immediately after delivery will affect the warranty? Also, any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Just did a family run from Pune to Belgaum and back over 2 days.

Model: City iVtec VX - 2016

Conditions:

* Lightly loaded - Two people and light bags
* Regular petrol from BP - Tank full both ways
* Driving at 90kmph @ 2.5k almost 90% of the way on Cruise Control (Love!)
* Excellent road condition with hardly any rough patches
* Did go thru Pune city for about 20 kms each time
* It rained a lot so external temperature was about 22 degrees - AC on almost 90% at 24 degrees. I always keep it at that no matter what the ambient temperature.
* 2 years old with about 15k on the odometer (lightly used)

Mileage:
18.4 km/l
714kms

On a related note, city I get about 12 - 13 with Pune city drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 4500684)
Good idea to have extended warranty on cars with all the safety features that is expensive to replace..

Good input, I am in the first year of Extended Warranty as well and was wondering if I should renew again next year. It looks like it is worth having the Extended Warranty. How many Kms has your City clocked?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvagarwal (Post 4501213)
We are contemplating booking the City V MT Petrol immediately. Could someone please shed light on whether upgrading the tyres to 195 section immediately after delivery will affect the warranty? Also, any suggestions are welcome.

I did the same - swapped the tires to 195/60R15 when I bought my City in Feb 2014. The official statement from the dealer was that it would affect the warranty on suspension as well as steering. After that, no one in the service center ever questioned it - be it during the service, or during any insurance claim or when taking up the extended warranty. In my opinion, it is a very low risk move and you can go ahead and make the swap.

Hi team,

I need an input on the 3rd generation Honda City.
We recently purchased a pre-owned 3rd Generation Honda City V MT 2013 model. The user manual says that the doors lock automatically at 15 kmph, but on select models.
When I drive the car, the doors do not lock automatically. Hence I am confused whether this variant has this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeprevving (Post 4435565)
Hello All

I saw this kind of mud flap on rear wheels of All New Amaze. Look the image below. This is missing on City. I want to install the same on my 2012 iVtec. It's a much needed accessory, as this area tends to gather a lot of dirt, and holds it for long. I don't find this particular accessory online. Please help.

Hey keeprevving , These are called Aero flaps ,I believe they are for drag reduction of the wheels . I too noticed these on the VX version of Honda city. I too tried in vain to acquire these eeven asked my trusted SA.
Surprisingly omitted in the rest of the version of cars below i.e. V and SV and so forth.

The 4th year extended warranty for my diesel City has crossed.
Honda provides 5th year warranty extension for about Rs 10K.

Has anyone opted for the 5th year warranty for the Diesel City?
Apart from the routine service, no part has ever required changes with an absolutely niggle free experience (touch wood). Even the battery is stock.

I have never gone beyond standard extended warranty for any of my previous cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4504540)
Honda provides 5th year warranty extension for about Rs 10K.

Take it. There's nothing like EW on an older car. True, there's little that will go wrong on a Honda but you take it the same reason why you take Insurance.

In our 8+ years ownership of the '10 City; we have had to change only two things: a) the damn horn (thrice), b) airbag sensor.

The airbag sensor failed in the last month of the 7th year of ownership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4504540)
Apart from the routine service, no part has ever required changes with an absolutely niggle free experience (touch wood). Even the battery is stock.

I took up the "Any Time Warranty" in Feb 2018 and almost nearing the end of this as well. Its a good thing to have for additional peace of mind as the car ages. I am planning to renew it again next Feb as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4504553)
In our 8+ years ownership of the '10 City; we have had to change only two things: a) the damn horn (thrice), b) airbag sensor.

Agree - one can never predict how things play out.

Speaking of horns I have upgraded the stock horns on my City since I felt they were too meek. Here is a detailed report of the same -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dushie (Post 4500507)
I have a city 2010 Auto CVT, had a question for you in terms of the mileage you are getting. I have read and heard claims about it giving 10+ in the city and 14+ on highway with sedate driving. Unfortunately in Pune i am getting 8.5 Kmpl in the city

"City mileage" really depends on the time you have to idle at traffic lights. Or crawl bumper-to-bumper. I drive my 2018 CVT to work through Pune's infamous Bermuda Triangle (RTO-Sancheti-Modern cafe-Observatory mess). It can take even 20 minutes for the 3 km in the evening. I would be lucky to get even 8kmpl then. On lucky days I do that in 10 minutes. Then it reads just above 10kmpl. Solo, with ac on.

But a 50km drive to-and-fro south on NH4, at mostly below 100kph, ECO mode, I have even seen 20+ kmpl. No idling anywhere of course.

So a question: Does anybody know how much petrol a City CVT consumes per idle minute?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4501671)
Good input, I am in the first year of Extended Warranty as well and was wondering if I should renew again next year. It looks like it is worth having the Extended Warranty. How many Kms has your City clocked?

Mine is a 2014 VX CVT. Clocked 43500 kms so far. I would be extending the warranty as long as I keep the car. Warranty can be extended up to 7 years.

Reason being mine is an Automatic, although there are no issues reported on the CVT gearbox yet for the 2014 model, I am not taking chances. There are other factors as well - we don't have good quality fuel in India, bad roads, don't know how good are the engine and gear oils etc. etc. which may or may not cause failures of these kind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 4505377)
Mine is a 2014 VX CVT. Clocked 43500 kms so far. I would be extending the warranty as long as I keep the car. Warranty can be extended up to 7 years.

Reason being mine is an Automatic, although there are no issues reported on the CVT gearbox yet for the 2014 model, I am not taking chances. There are other factors as well - we don't have good quality fuel in India, bad roads, don't know how good are the engine and gear oils etc. etc. which may or may not cause failures of these kind.

Nice. I have clocked about 48,000 kms so far and mine is a Diesel Manual. Another reason for me to continue with the Extended Warranty would be to ensure a smooth transition to the 2020 BS VI.

The 7th Year Extended Warranty for me would continue till Feb 2021 - that would give me sufficient time hopefully to evaluate any issues of BS VI Fuel on the BS IV Diesel Engine...

Hey BHPians,

My car is a 2015 City VMT Ivtec, She is truly one heck of a ride. I use her city/highway about 40/60. The Alloy rim are wrapped with Good Year Assurance Triple Max since delivery. My car has covered about 21,650 km.

The most shocking factor is my tyre wear is 3mm on three tyres and 2mm on one. I am very particular about tyre pressure fill nitrogen and have tyre sensors too besides rotation balance been done. Good news - only is till date never suffered a puncture take a lot of care; touch wood.

It's a surprise to me that my tyres have gone so fast. Enthusiastic driver I wonder.... HEHE! I was considering changing my tyres as will be doing a 1800+ kms drive on good/bad road.

The choices I considered are Goodyear Assurance Triple Max 2 , MRF ZLX or Bridgestone 290/Ecopia. But after the experience with Goodyear, I am only looking at the latter two. Any feedback on the MRF ZLX or Bridgestone B290/Ecopia150?

I am looking for a bit of comfort/ride road noise not a major issue. Michellin is not a contender as it is too soft a tyre (side walls). Would appreciate a feedback on the MRF or the Bridgestone . Will NOT be up-sizing as according to my Honda SA and a friend it may cause damage to the car's suspension.

My SA is recommending the Goodyear for its 2 years unconditional warranty besides the 2 years warranty. However after my current experience I am so convinced.