Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2019, 18:47   #6436
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
With arindambasu13 help picked up a V petrol for my uncle at the same deal he got. Only difference is decided to take the Honda insurance for my uncle's peace of mind.
Congrats and glad I could be of help! Do let us know of the initial driving experience and pics as well, if possible
Old 4th April 2019, 18:51   #6437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats and glad I could be of help! Do let us know of the initial driving experience and pics as well, if possible
Will you believe I haven't even started the car as yet. Pics may be a problem as the car was delivered to my uncle's house.

But thanks again for your help.
Old 7th April 2019, 10:05   #6438
BHPian

Friends I am going to take delivery of my car today. Just wanted to know if it makes sense to get Chrome package. It has chrome's on front and back, garnishing with door handles, garnishing on doors, chrome around fog lamp.

They are giving INR 5000.00 accessories free. So I was thinking if I add some more and get chrome package or just get a few of these.

A quick response would help. the
Old 7th April 2019, 10:18   #6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
Friends I am going to take delivery of my car today. Just wanted to know if it makes sense to get Chrome package. It has chrome's on front and back, garnishing with door handles, garnishing on doors, chrome around fog lamp.

They are giving INR 5000.00 accessories free. So I was thinking if I add some more and get chrome package or just get a few of these.

My assumption is that a large proportion of BHPians aren't fans of excess chrome. Limited amount which is tastefully applied makes a car look better. In my opinion the Honda City certainly doesn't lack chrome elements in the stock form, applying more elements will only make it look ungainly.

My suggestion is to look for more some other accessory that fits into the budget quoted.

Congratulations and wish you many happy miles
Old 7th April 2019, 10:21   #6440
BANNED

Quote:
For me a car with these additional chrome accessories looks like ‘a man smiling with chrome coated teeth’ who thinks it adds bling to his smile. My humble opinion would be to stay away from these ‘Indian minded’ accessories. If you really want to have them on your car make sure to ‘chrome coat’ your teeth so as to match with your car . If I was in your place, I would ‘black coat’ the chrome grille.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 10:34   #6441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Actually this is completely dependent upon whether or not you like chrome trappings on the car. I personally am not a fan especially because the City already has a chrome grille as well as door handles. However I have friends who adore lots of chrome on their cars . So it's a call you have to take.

You can also consider the other packages offered by Honda . I believe they are called the style package and the utility package. See which one floats your boat the best and go for that one. Importantly,don't go by what others say. If you like the chrome package go for it.

All the best and make sure to post pics of your new City.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 7th April 2019 at 10:36.
Old 9th April 2019, 10:39   #6442
BHPian

Finally got home City beautiful on Sunday.

Paperwork was complete in 15-20 min but due to Navratras there was rush at the showroom as they had to deliver 35 cars. Still their sales lead made sure I didn't need to wait for more than 2 hours overall.

Odo showed only 16 km and it was Feb 2019 manufactured and with 1.15 Lakh discount it was a good deal. Registration number will arrive today. And yes, I didn't opt for the chrome package but planning to get step door lights with CITY logo plus chrome garnish around fog lamps.

Was driving a sedan (and CVT on top of it) for the first time, so drive back home was cautious. Got pooja done by Panditji in our society and we were all set to celebrate and share pics with family and friends

Driving between Gurgaon and Noida in semi peak hours for last couple of days has given me mileage of around 14.5 KMPL. Didn't find the pickup to be quick. Its like slow and sweet. And with me driving cautiously for now, I hear people behind me honking when car doesn't move quick.

Problem
While driving itself has been great, I am facing a problem with the headrest. The tilted headrest keeps pushing my head a little downwards (as per some video it is a standard and to ensure head goes downward in case of an impact). This has caused me shoulder and neck pain. Not sure what to do with it

Suggestion
If anyone here is from Noida, please guide me from where can I get good quality floor mats locally if there is some genuine place in Noida itself. Don't want bucket mats. The beige ones given with the car will go bad soon if not covered with some dark mats.

Will share more information over next few days after driving around City in the City for few more days. Also, most likely tomorrow I will be giving "vidaai" to my 12 year old companion - my Santro Xing - that never failed me. It was like my second home. Got so used to it that I could hear even lightest of rattles. Strange, how we get emotionally attached to things. But that's the way it is!
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city-2.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city-3.jpg  

Lakwontsing is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 10:52   #6443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got home City beautiful on Sunday.

And yes, I didn't opt for the chrome package but planning to get step door lights with CITY logo plus chrome garnish around fog lamps.

Didn't find the pickup to be quick. Its like slow and sweet. And with me driving cautiously for now, I hear people behind me honking when car doesn't move quick.

This has caused me shoulder and neck pain. Not sure what to do with it

Don't want bucket mats. The beige ones given with the car will go bad soon if not covered with some dark mats.
Congrats on the City, nice colour! 1.15 lakhs discount is pretty good, don't know why you were complaining that it is too less Jokes apart, thats definitely a good price.

I have installed the illuminated door sills as well as part of my free accessories offer, they look fab - especially at night. Good choice of accessory. I had mine installed before the delivery itself. Also opted for the Honda body cover, set of rear seat pillows and wi-fi dongle. All the other accessories appeared quite useless for me.

I am not sure about the CVT version, but I am finding the iVTEC manual to be really power packed. In fact, in this short time that I have driven the car, there have been several situations where I am finding the low end pickup needing to be reined in by sudden braking, so as not to pounce upon cars in front in city traffic conditions! And this is at 25% of throttle input. The length of the car is something one needs to get used to, especially if like me you are upgrading from a smaller hatchback.

Havent faced any back or shoulder pain issues in the seats, in fact I find them to be quite comfortable. The headrest is actually to prevent whiplash injuries in case of an accident, rather than to rest your head on it constantly. You could try playing around with the different positions of the headrest, so that you do not constantly have your head/ neck pushed against it. Should help.

In my case, I had bought and kept ready a set of black floor mats before delivery itself, since I knew that beige mats will be a royal pain. Popped them in as soon as the car reached my house from the showroom. You will get plenty of options on Amazon, in various price ranges. Best to order online per your choice.

By the way, make sure you remove those ribbons immediately if you have not already. They have a nasty habit of leaving marks and streaks on glossy new paint.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 9th April 2019 at 11:14.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 13:30   #6444
BANNED

Quote:

Problem
While driving itself has been great, I am facing a problem with the headrest. The tilted headrest keeps pushing my head a little downwards (as per some video it is a standard and to ensure head goes downward in case of an impact). This has caused me shoulder and neck pain. Not sure what to do with it
I have not properly understood your issue with headrest, but I would like to suggest some thing about the seat backrest position. After setting the steering at your preferred position, adjust the seat backrest such that while keeping your hands on top of steering, your wrist rests on the steering top circumference.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 13:52   #6445
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the City family!

The reason for shoulder and neck pain may not be only due to a tilted neck position, but it may also be due to an overall bad posture. I have closely observed myself while driving that I tend to come a little forward and the shoulders do not rest on the seats. This messes up the posture and is not good for long drives.

I then tried adjusting the seats to get to the optimum height and the steering wheel at a length where my driving posture is the best with shoulders planted on the seats while my arms have a firm grip of the steering wheel.

Quote:
Problem

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th April 2019 at 14:53. Reason: Trimming quoted post for readability.
Old 10th April 2019, 06:52   #6446
Senior - BHPian

Does the Honda City still come with 6 month/5k service interval or more realistic 10k/12 months ? I guess Amaze and WRV come with more relaxed intervals
Old 10th April 2019, 08:03   #6447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Does the Honda City still come with 6 month/5k service interval or more realistic 10k/12 months ?
We had our free services at 3rd & 6th month. Our first paid service was at 12 months. From now, every service will be at a 12 month interval.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 08:25   #6448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the Honda City still come with 6 month/5k service interval or more realistic 10k/12 months ?
It is 6 months / 10000 Kms even now.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...dicmaintenance
Old 10th April 2019, 08:25   #6449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
We had our free services at 3rd & 6th month. Our first paid service was at 12 months. From now, every service will be at a 12 month interval.
Glad to hear that. So looks like the free service interval is still like the old days and after the first year changes to 10K or 12 months.

This is for a friend who has very low running(5-6k kms per year) and is concerned why he should be still servicing the car twice a year.

EDIT:

Now i am confused !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
It is 6 months / 10000 Kms even now.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...dicmaintenance
Is there change of policy only for new cars say 2019 made ?

Last edited by rajshenoy : 10th April 2019 at 08:26.
Old 10th April 2019, 08:28   #6450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there change of policy only for new cars say 2019 made ?
I don't think so. Check their website, they don't have different schedule for different year manufactures cars.

I got my 2017 city serviced last month which was driven just 3000 kms in last six months just to keep my 3+2 years warranty intact.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks