Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-437.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4601503)
Someone on my Honda City WhatsApp group said 2 of the holes match - does it make sense to get 2 clips?

OT : how to join the WhatsApp group?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4601503)
Someone on my Honda City WhatsApp group said 2 of the holes match - does it make sense to get 2 clips?

You can go for 2 clips but you will still need double sided tape since the liner is quite flexible and folds over its own weight. The 2 clips will surely not hold it in place. The clips cost 65₹ each though, so you can decide if it's worth it or not unless you have extra clips.

My shipment from Boodmo arrived in 15 days as promised by them. My 2016 city had the provision for fixing the cover with 12 holes already present on the door. I did not order the clips due to their exorbitant pricing on Boodmo. Once the order was delivered, drove straight to GP Road and checked in few stores. After 4-5 shops finally found the one selling such clips. Cost me 20 Rs each, very cheap compared to 68 Rs as listed online.
It took hardly 5 minutes for me to fix it. And here is how it looks like.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20190601_184535.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4601387)
I let the original Honda mats below these new mats.

Having two mats on the driver side is not recommended in manual cars as it can get quite thick and inhibit full clutch pedal travel each time it is depressed and can cause premature clutch wear.

Better place just mat on the driver side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4601566)
Having two mats on the driver side is not recommended in manual cars as it can get quite thick and inhibit full clutch pedal travel each time it is depressed and can cause premature clutch wear.

Better place just mat on the driver side.

This is CVT. I am yet to take care out since after putting in the mats. Will check today if I need to remove anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 4601511)
OT : how to join the WhatsApp group?

I am not sure if the TeamBHP rules allow me to post the URL here, I have PMed the details to you. In case anyone else is also interested in joining the Honda City WhatsApp Group you can PM Me.

Found rusted condition of exhaust line of my Honda City. What can be solution for this

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilminstrel (Post 4604422)
Found rusted condition of exhaust line of my Honda City. What can be solution for this

If your car is still under warranty / extended warranty, push the dealer to replace the rusted part FOC. Once the part is replaced, get an under body anti-rust coating done if you haven't opted for that already.

Goes to show how Honda have compromised on their metal / part quality on the 4th-gen City. The dealer carried out rust related repairs on my 3 year old City FOC when I raised a complaint.

I'm sorry if this is OT , is the City rattle prone after 4-5 years of use ? We had the old 2nd generation City which was mostly rattle free. Also would the new City with CVT be a good option for someone looking to own the car for at least 6 years as a daily driver driven on a mix of mostly good roads with occasional patched, pothole ridden roads ?
Thank you in advance.

Took delivery of our Pearl Orchid White Honda City ZX on 11/06/19 from Victory Honda, Ranchi.. Few pointers on this thread were really helpful, I was extra cautious while doing the PDI, The team leader was pretty helpful too.

It was my birthday, and a surprise for my grandmother too. And the delivery experience of the new car was 10/10 which made the experience even better!

Have clocked around 202kms as of now and the 1.5L iVTec engine is a bliss to drive. The additional parking sensors on the 2019 variants makes tight parking really convenient. And as everyone in this thread has already mentioned, the famous Digipad is a bit laggy while using the Bluetooth functionality. It takes a few seconds to change songs while using the steering mounted controls. The absence of Pause/Mute button is felt a lot at times. Overall, extremely happy with the car. Afterall, it was a dream to own one for as long as I can remember.

Also, I feel that the low beam of the LED headlamps are pretty less. The high beam is really good, but obviously I can't use them in City limits while there's oncoming traffic. Does anyoneone else feel the same?

Here are few pics.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_5464.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_548201.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_5523.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto (Post 4604985)
I feel that the low beam of the LED headlamps are pretty less. The high beam is really good, but obviously I can't use them in City limits while there's oncoming traffic. Does anyoneone else feel the same?

Yes. I feel the same. I have the VMT. the low beam is too low, IMO.

Quote:

Took delivery of our Pearl Orchid White Honda City ZX on 11/06/19 from Victory Honda, Ranchi.. Few pointers on this thread were really helpful, I was extra cautious while doing the PDI, The team leader was pretty helpful too.

It was my birthday, and a surprise for my grandmother too. And the delivery experience of the new car was 10/10 which made the experience even better!

Have clocked around 202kms as of now and the 1.5L iVTec engine is a bliss to drive. The additional parking sensors on the 2019 variants makes tight parking really convenient. And as everyone in this thread has already mentioned, the famous Digipad is a bit laggy while using the Bluetooth functionality. It takes a few seconds to change songs while using the steering mounted controls. The absence of Pause/Mute button is felt a lot at times. Overall, extremely happy with the car. Afterall, it was a dream to own one for as long as I can remember.

Also, I feel that the low beam of the LED headlamps are pretty less. The high beam is really good, but obviously I can't use them in City limits while there's oncoming traffic. Does anyoneone else feel the same?

Here are few pics.

Attachment 1885433

Attachment 1885431

Attachment 1885432

Congratulations for new possession! City is a good car to drive. Is it manual version?

Yes, Bluetooth is definitely laggy. I raised complaint in first service but they just rest it. Problem persists and they have now asked me to visit anytime and they will try and fix it. But if this is a problem in all cars then I doubt if this can be fixed.

Anyways, enjoy the City in your city! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 4604487)
If your car is still under warranty / extended warranty, push the dealer to replace the rusted part FOC. Once the part is replaced, get an under body anti-rust coating done if you haven't opted for that already.

Goes to show how Honda have compromised on their metal / part quality on the 4th-gen City. The dealer carried out rust related repairs on my 3 year old City FOC when I raised a complaint.

Honda looks good from outside, feels good when you are seated inside but if you touch the car you can have ample reasons to be disappointed about compromises in build quality. This is what I have felt after owning Santro Xing for 12 years. Possibly 12 year old Honda City would also be having solid build quality. But today, there are reasons to feel disappointed.

Quote:

Congratulations for new possession! City is a good car to drive. Is it manual version?

Yes, Bluetooth is definitely laggy. I raised complaint in first service but they just rest it. Problem persists and they have now asked me to visit anytime and they will try and fix it. But if this is a problem in all cars then I doubt if this can be fixed. For Low beam, you are right!

Anyways, enjoy the City in your city!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraken (Post 4604628)
I'm sorry if this is OT , is the City rattle prone after 4-5 years of use ?

Zero rattles:thumbs up and zero niggles (touch wood) after 5 years and 74K KM over various kinds of roads. There was one very faint rattle which only I could hear coming from the cowl area which I fixed myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilminstrel (Post 4604422)

3M offers a rust protection coat for the full exhaust pipe and it is very effective in preventing corrosion if applied early when the car is newer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4605042)

Yes, Bluetooth is definitely laggy. I raised complaint in first service but they just rest it. Problem persists and they have now asked me to visit anytime and they will try and fix it. But if this is a problem in all cars then I doubt if this can be fixed. For Low beam, you are right!

Anyways, enjoy the City in your city!

Thank You. It is indeed a Manual.

I can live with the Bluetooth lag, I'm pretty satisfied with the sound output. But the low beam output is something I'm concerned about.

I don't have much idea about LED headlamps, but can't the focus be adjusted like they do in case of halogen lamps?

Also, does a new car need underbody anti-rust treatment? Everybody is suggesting me to go for the same, but I'm not quite sure whether to do it in a new car.