Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-444.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4635418)
Clutch Replacement for the Honda City:

I left my car for the 60K service today. The Service Advisor called and said they would recommend replacement of the clutch as it has become hard. I have not had any issues with the clutch slipping and so I asked him to skip the same. As for the hardness - I will need to compare with another City since I have got used to it and don't feel it to be hard as such...

I got the clutch changed on our CITY at 93k. Clutch was working fine but it had become really hard so replacement was unavoidable. In your case if you don't feel it's hard and comfortable enough for driving then skip replacing it. Clutch change and suspension overhaul are 2 favorite money making schemes by almost all SA even if it's working fine, no matter which A.S.S. :deadhorse

I have noticed a very peculiar issue with my 2017 HC in the last 2 days. My brake pedal travel has increased and the bite has slightly reduced. The car has just run 10k Kms and has been serviced regularly at the Honda A.S.S. The brake has a very rubbery feeling to it. I feel that the car used to respond to a light to medium touch of the brake pedal but the feedback has reduced and the pedal travel has increased. Can some experts please shed some light on whether this is a serious issue that needs to be looked at asap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVN (Post 4635881)
..brake pedal travel has increased and the bite has slightly reduced. ..The car has just run 10k ..The brake has a very rubbery feeling to it. ... feedback has reduced

Should not be an issue with pads or disks at just 10K on the odo. A brake line bleeding to get rid of air bubbles and adjustment to reduce the pedal travel should resolve the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilminstrel (Post 4635433)
When is a good time to change disc of brakes?

Please check the condition of the discs. If there are excessive scoring marks or if you feel a shuddering motion on the brake pedal while braking at higher speeds or if you see signs of corossion between the discs, it is time to replace them.
I got mine replaced at around 60K along with the pads for safety reasons.

Quote:

I have noticed a very peculiar issue with my 2017 HC in the last 2 days. My brake pedal travel has increased and the bite has slightly reduced. The car has just run 10k Kms and has been serviced regularly at the Honda A.S.S. The brake has a very rubbery feeling to it. I feel that the car used to respond to a light to medium touch of the brake pedal but the feedback has reduced and the pedal travel has increased. Can some experts please shed some light on whether this is a serious issue that needs to be looked at asap?

I too had such feel after using a friend's car for two days and coming back to mine. When we switch from one to other, some times we get such feel.

Another possibility is need for bleeding of brake fluid due to air getting locked in pistons - which is a rare event.

Quote:

I currently have the exact same issue in my City, however mine is almost 5 yrs old with <30k on the odo. Very little bite during the first half of pedal travel, and then weak, vague bite after that.

My pads are fine, so are discs, and tyres replaced 5 days ago. It seems the culprit in my case is air in the lines, as brake fluid has never been replaced. Honda service center blindly tops up brake fluid without checking anything else and keep saying everything is fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 4635556)
I got the clutch changed on our CITY at 93k. Clutch was working fine but it had become really hard so replacement was unavoidable. In your case if you don't feel it's hard and comfortable enough for driving then skip replacing it. Clutch change and suspension overhaul are 2 favorite money making schemes by almost all SA even if it's working fine, no matter which A.S.S. :deadhorse

Thanks for the note. When returning the car from service the SA said the Clutch has become extremely hard and hence due to slow release, the acceleration is reduced. He said I need to change as soon as possible.

Post service, I noted that the clutch had become much smoother from earlier and I don't think I will change anytime soon whatever be the story they tell. As it was the 60K service they have changed the transmission fluid also which could have resulted in the smoothness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4632437)
One of my colleagues has same model but I don't remember if that's CVT or not. He drives half the distance but on heavier traffic conditions. He gets 8.5kmpl. So it's more about how often you have to brake and pick up again and again.

I do drive a CVT @ Cochin. My one way daily commute is 13 km which would take about 40 to 50 mins. Based on FE readings from car, I get a mileage of 9-10 kmpl (consolidated over a week's travel). On highways, if I clock 100 km in ~3 hr, mileage is at 14-15 kmpl and if 100 km is done at 2 hour or so, it goes up to 17-18 kmpl. Hope this info helps. (Trying to take out the perspective of heavy or moderate traffic).

After going though the reviews in Team bhp and quite a few test drives finally stuck with Honda City V CVT.
I have shortlisted skoda rapid diesel Dsg, maruthi ciaz zxi Automatic, Toyota Yaris j automatic and Swift dzire zxi+ Amt, but none of them gave me confidence and pleasure in driving. Coming to Honda city, pickup and spacious interiors are good. And also reviews in team bhp helped me a lot in my decision process to go ahead with buying Honda City V CVT.

Hi,

Have any of you fitted fog lamps on the City SV? I'm talking about original Honda units. If yes, then how much did the dealer charge?

Also, does the engine guard have a tendency to go loose and start sagging? I just noticed my City's engine guard is sagging from one end; looks like some lock has come off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj (Post 4638730)
After going though the reviews in Team bhp and quite a few test drives finally stuck with Honda City V CVT.

Congratulations on the car. Wish you happy miles with it.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeWizard (Post 4639255)
Also, does the engine guard have a tendency to go loose and start sagging? I just noticed my City's engine guard is sagging from one end; looks like some lock has come off.

Did the car get scraped somewhere? probably on any speed breaker or pothole? I don't hear this issue quite often. There are few bolts which hold the engine guard, most probably one of them had fallen off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeWizard (Post 4639255)
Hi,

Have any of you fitted fog lamps on the City SV? I'm talking about original Honda units. If yes, then how much did the dealer charge?

In addition to fog lamps, anyone has got tweeters installed in Honda city ?

Decided to install LED footwell lights in my City. It was a DIY.

Bought a remote kit from Sion and was good to go, It is a cigarette lighter kit, and I have plans to hardwire it.

In my opinion, it looks good at night, gives a functionality of easily finding items fallen down, and the fuel/bonnet opener lever.

Realized after installation, that the carpet is dirty and needs a good cleaning, so vacuum cleaned it.

Guys in bangalore,
In your opinion which is a good honda service centre that will actually take care of your car when you give it for service? Since I had bought my car from the used market, I have been to a centre only once ( Dakshin honda ). My overall experience was below average. I found a lot of issues with timeliness, completeness of work, cleanliness of car and customer interaction. I am located in Koramangala. My previous car was a Hyundai. They really know how to take care of their customers. I am in 2 minds now. Should I just get the car serviced by an independent service centre ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hertz (Post 4641415)
Guys in bangalore,
In your opinion which is a good honda service centre that will actually take care of your car when you give it for service? Since I had bought my car from the used market, I have been to a centre only once ( Dakshin honda ). My overall experience was below average. I found a lot of issues with timeliness, completeness of work, cleanliness of car and customer interaction. I am located in Koramangala. My previous car was a Hyundai. They really know how to take care of their customers. I am in 2 minds now. Should I just get the car serviced by an independent service centre ?

Assuming that it does not have a valid warranty, you can go ahead with a reputed FNG. You can check out the list in our archives. If you prefer a Honda A.S.S, go with Dakshin Honda in MG Road. Gave my car there a couple of times and had a decent enough experience compared to the one located on Hosur road.

I just bought a Honda City SV Manual Transmission model at a round figure on road of 11 lakhs.
The car was delivered to me in 48 hours flat from the time full payment was done.
Kudos to Eastern Honda, the dealership at Minto Park Kolkata.