Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2020, 23:37   #6841
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10
Thanked: 6 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Since I moved from Tata AIG to Honda Assure and opted for ICICI Lombard (thru' Honda Assure), a person came to inspect my car and take pictures. This activity was quick and the person came at the agreed time. Thereafter I made the payment and Pride Honda immediately sent me the renewed policy.
Personal Inspection portion you mentioned is Interesting. Normally they do not attend this step if we reach other provider within valid policy time frame.Looks like Honda Assurance want to make sure, we don't have unclaimed happened incidents.

any how good to know your review and decision. Thanks for the update. All the BEST!
VMRKarnati is offline  
Old 29th July 2020, 00:53   #6842
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 137
Thanked: 335 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hi people,

One of my relatives is facing cranking issue in his 2014 City Petrol MT.

He turns the key fully in the ignition but the car does not start. No sound at all. After waiting for 2-3 minutes, when he again turns the key, the car starts. It happens sometimes, not everytime. All lights working normally even when engine is off.
The car has run 95k kms, new battery installed few months ago.

Today he contacted on phone Honda Auth. Service centre. They told most probably its starter coil/plug issue. Which will cost Rs. 5-6k and is around 5 hour job. I have told my relative to first get it checked by a roadside mechanic.

Another issue - Wiper is working fine but water is not coming onto the windshield. Reservoir is half full and is not clogged.
Is there any connection between wiper water not coming on and ignition not working?

My brother once owned Hyundai Accent (old model, not sub 4m model). He had this exact same issue of dead ignition. He went to his regular mechanic who just replaced old plug with an old black colored plug for Rs. 100 and thereafter the problem never occured again.
This is why I have told him to get it checked by a roadside mechanic first.

Does service centre sound true about the starter plug failure and cost of 5-6k?

Thanks.
Mynameis is offline  
Old 31st July 2020, 08:56   #6843
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 89 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Any suggestions for a good service center for Honda City AT in Bangalore I am currently in HSR layout. As I seem to be having an issue with the breaks in my 21010 AT. When braking it is making thud sound. When I checked the discs I see scratch lines on them. Surprising part is that the break pads were just changed 18 months back in Jan 2019 on 21k and car has only done 7500 kms post.that. Last service was done in January this year.

Any inputs would be welcome as I am back in Bangalore after 2 years due to WFH scenario and currently clueless where to go. I have owned this car for under 2 years now and never serviced here as i was in Pune.
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 16:26   #6844
BHPian
 
Aravind_M92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: MAA-BOM-DEL-THN
Posts: 190
Thanked: 548 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

I drive a 2016 Honda City, done 43k kms till date. Please help me out with the Caster angle for the car. A recent alignment job showed right side at 5.36 degrees and 4.36 degrees on the left wheel. What is the Caster angle limits for this car? While driving my car veers slightly towards the left (not abrupt but quite subtle on a long straight stretch with no steering input), and the service center and alignment center says this veering is quite within limits and replacing is not needed (The Service center and the alignment centers are not at all related), and said the bushes might be wearing out and these are early signs of wear and tear. Is there a way to change or adjust the Caster here or do I need to replace the control arm as I believe no warranty is available on the steering and suspension related issues.
and I do have a ICICI Lombard B2B insurance, and my front bumper is quite out of shape. Is there a way to replace the Bumper under insurance?
Aravind_M92 is offline  
Old 15th August 2020, 16:24   #6845
BHPian
 
Aravind_M92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: MAA-BOM-DEL-THN
Posts: 190
Thanked: 548 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hey Guys. Found a source of rattle from the City! I rather would call it the rattlebox of the car. Sorry for the poor quality image and editing skills here. Stuffing a small piece of paper at the pointed site makes a drastic difference. This location can be accessed on removing the glove compartment. Do check it out in your cars. A light tap makes it rattle like a rattler! Maybe this small fix can help out eliminating this annoying rattle!
P.S. Can anyone tell what this part is? I believe it's something to do with the audio distribution
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-screenshot_202008151615252.png  

Aravind_M92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 20:42   #6846
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 476 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
Hi Harry, I had experienced this with my key locking system also a couple of months ago. I did get the battery changed but yet the problem persisted.


I contacted my SA at Honda and explained the matter to him. He told me the circuit if the locking system itself has gone bad and needs to be changed. My car is still under warranty and so key was replaced with a new one under warranty.

He ordered the part and it came in a couple of days. I had to give my car to the service station for an new key to be made and re-programmed for use. At the same time I had to surrender the damaged one.

Had this problem occurred after the warranty lapsed the total cost would amount to approximately to around Rs.8000 -8500/- . The car was kept for half a day before it was returned to me.
I have been facing the same problem with my 2016 Honda City V MT. I spoke to the SA at Solitaire Honda, Andheri West, Mumbai. He says the Remote key is not covered under warranty and that I will have to pay if the remote needs to be changed.

Any views/thoughts?
RJ2285 is offline  
Old 30th August 2020, 23:52   #6847
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Banaglore
Posts: 599
Thanked: 1,762 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hi Guys,

I gave my car to service to Pride Honda Nanakramguda service station in Hyderabad. This is the first time i am getting the car serviced in Hyderabad. Previous all services have been in Bangalore ( Whitefield and Saffire Honda ).
Due to Covid i opted for a pick up and drop. Usually i always drop the vehicle myself.

Apart from the usual stuff the service advisor mentioned that the break master cylinder is leaking oil and the master cylinder and the booster needs to be replaced urgently. He mentioned it as "big" leak and could cause a break failure.

This came as a surprise to me since the car was breaking perfectly. I monitor the fluids of my car regularly and i would have noticed a big drop in break fluid. Taking his advice with a pinch of slat i told him to return the car and decided to do a bit of a investigation myself before getting the parts replaced. I had a feeling that this guys was trying to meet his "monthly targets" at my expense, but i could not take this lightly since brakes are a critical safety component.

After receiving the car i did a visual inspection of the master cylinder as well as the break pedal area. It was absolutely clean and dry. No hints of even a wet patch. I took the car to a safe area ( empty road ) and tried several hard break scenarios. The car performed perfectly. I precisely noted the break reservoir fluid level. Did not even go down a mm. I also noted if there are any oil spills below the car after an overnight park. There were none. Did a casual scan of the break lines, whatever i could see without the car lifted up. Did not see any leaks. I also checked if the break pedal slowly sinks to the floor when pressed. It did not.

Since there are no visual leaks, my guess is the only valid scenario could be:

1. Master cylinder leaking oil into the booster. Ruled out since in that case i should have seen some reduction in the reservoir level.

2. Master cylinder internal bushes shot. So the cylinder not generating enough pressure on the break lines. But in my experience the breaking looked adequate. But how do you precisely measure this? May be compare it with the breaking on a brand new car ? But anyway this should not cause a catastrophic break failure ? May be a reduction in break force.

What else can be checked ?

What can be the next steps:

1. Show it to a different Honda service center.

2. Show it to FNG. Since i am new to Hyderabad any recommendations would be welcome esp. near Gachibowli/Hi-tec city area.

Last edited by JediKnight : 30th August 2020 at 23:53.
JediKnight is offline  
Old 31st August 2020, 11:39   #6848
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 133 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
I have been facing the same problem with my 2016 Honda City V MT. I spoke to the SA at Solitaire Honda, Andheri West, Mumbai. He says the Remote key is not covered under warranty and that I will have to pay if the remote needs to be changed.

Any views/thoughts?
Hi RJ2285, Which insurance did you purchase?

I had bought the Honda insurance that covers the damage of Key in case of a problem.

Regarding warranty I had bought two years additional warranty in all 4 years. I renewed the warranty for another year so now warranty is for 5 years. ( Honda allows you to renew the warranty upto 7 years)
ToothyPetrohead is offline  
Old 31st August 2020, 13:49   #6849
BHPian
 
Rustom Mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Meerut
Posts: 31
Thanked: 37 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
Hi people,

One of my relatives is facing cranking issue in his 2014 City Petrol MT.

He turns the key fully in the ignition but the car does not start. No sound at all. After waiting for 2-3 minutes, when he again turns the key, the car starts. It happens sometimes, not everytime. All lights working normally even when engine is off.
The car has run 95k kms, new battery installed few months ago.

Today he contacted on phone Honda Auth. Service centre. They told most probably its starter coil/plug issue. Which will cost Rs. 5-6k and is around 5 hour job. I have told my relative to first get it checked by a roadside mechanic.

Another issue - Wiper is working fine but water is not coming onto the windshield. Reservoir is half full and is not clogged.
Is there any connection between wiper water not coming on and ignition not working?

My brother once owned Hyundai Accent (old model, not sub 4m model). He had this exact same issue of dead ignition. He went to his regular mechanic who just replaced old plug with an old black colored plug for Rs. 100 and thereafter the problem never occured again.
This is why I have told him to get it checked by a roadside mechanic first.

Does service centre sound true about the starter plug failure and cost of 5-6k?

Thanks.
Hi, from the above message I would request your friend to check the battery terminals for carbon deposit or loosening. Most probably the battery terminals may be loose or carbon deposits. He may simply remove them and clean with hot water and refit.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st August 2020 at 13:59. Reason: Please insert a space after a punctuation mark. Thanks.
Rustom Mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 16:32   #6850
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 476 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
Hi RJ2285, Which insurance did you purchase?

I had bought the Honda insurance that covers the damage of Key in case of a problem.

Regarding warranty I had bought two years additional warranty in all 4 years. I renewed the warranty for another year so now warranty is for 5 years. ( Honda allows you to renew the warranty upto 7 years)
Hi, I did not have to go through the workshop hassle. As recommended in the manual, I replaced the CR 1620 remote battery with a new one. The remote works perfectly fine now. Thank you.
RJ2285 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 12:07   #6851
BHPian
 
esoticoreventon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 207
Thanked: 514 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

With my City being stuck inside my city since march, and with the epass restrictions being done away with, I couldn't wait to get back on the highway. Picture taken at the Odiyur Lake just outside Chennai.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20200906_111237.jpg
esoticoreventon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 23:47   #6852
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 190 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hello everyone.
I own a 2011 Honda City petrol manual. It has run about 94,000 kilometres and was due a service a few months ago but the lockdown meant that I had to delay it and I am planning on sending it for the service very soon.

I have always sent the car to the Honda service center in Mumbai.

I was looking at various posts on Team BHP and also looked at the service manual for my car.
I looked at the relevant invoices of the service trips the car has made over the years, I found a few problematic things and therefore chose to make a comprehensive list of the things I need to get done.

1) Engine oil change
2) Oil filter change
3) Air filter change
4) Pollen filter change
5) Drain washer change
6) maybe a fuel filter change
7) Spark plug change (have never changed them in 94,000 kms)
8) Transmission fluid change
9) Brake fluid change
10) Tyre rotation
11) Wheel alignment and balancing

I spoke the Honda service center representative and he quoted an estimate of about ₹15,000 for this job.

I was wondering whether this is worth it or should I source the parts from outside and get the service done elsewhere.

I would appreciate your inputs.
Thanks.
Vedant Gupta is offline  
Old 18th September 2020, 06:47   #6853
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,794
Thanked: 2,963 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
1) Engine oil change
2) Oil filter change
3) Air filter change
4) Pollen filter change
5) Drain washer change
6) maybe a fuel filter change
7) Spark plug change (have never changed them in 94,000 kms)
8) Transmission fluid change
9) Brake fluid change
10) Tyre rotation
11) Wheel alignment and balancing
.
I would avoid the alignment part at the HASS. If your car is a keeper then you can get it done from Honda though for me the important items are the brake fluid, transmission fluid and spark plugs. It is best to use Honda genuine oil for critical components. Ditto for the plugs. Rest of the items can be done at a good garage. You could source the parts from outside but do make sure the oil etc is genuine and the correct grade.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 09:24   #6854
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 2,422 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
With my City being stuck inside my city since march, and with the epass restrictions being done away with, I couldn't wait to get back on the highway. Picture taken at the Odiyur Lake just outside Chennai.

Attachment 2052078
Did pretty much the same thing once the lockdown was lifted and service centers became operational. Completed my one year major service with oil change in June, and since then, have hit the road for multiple (short) trips in and around the city.

Fell in love with that butter smooth engine and gearbox all over again once I restarted driving the car properly. With around 12,000 kms clocked, the engine has really opened up and performing at optimum levels. Real pleasure to rev this creamy motor and shift gears on the snickety gearbox.

Incidentally, my car is in the same shade as yours
arindambasu13 is offline  
Old 18th September 2020, 11:12   #6855
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 852
Thanked: 2,111 Times
re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Fell in love with that butter smooth engine and gearbox all over again once I restarted driving the car properly. With around 12,000 kms clocked, the engine has really opened up and performing at optimum levels. Real pleasure to rev this creamy motor and shift gears on the snickety gearbox
You have to drive the new 2020 City. Either the insulation has degraded or the engine. The engine is no more as silent as it is perceived till the car's last generation. The GB still remains the best, infact I feel it is better than the European ones. The 2020 City is also revv friendly however the TSI engine is better for the thrill seeker.
Honda City 2020 has become more aspirational and surprisingly they have managed to keep the cost in check. At around 15.7 Lakhs OTR Mumbai for ZX MT Petrol, I think it is smartly priced.
VWAllstar is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks