Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-460.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4922989)
The odometer reading has crossed 85K KM with a fraction of the regular running during the lockdown.
The clutch seems to be going good so far with no signs of slippage or drop in efficiency. I believe it should last beyond 1 lakh KM without the need for a change. Clutches have typically lasted very long in my previous cars too.

Curious to know how long has the clutch lasted on your Diesel City? :)

I am at 95K+ on stock clutch and there are absolutely no issues. If not for the lockdown, I would have added 10K more running by now :)

Is the Official Review of 5th Gen Honda City out yet? I haven't seen one except for GTO's initial drive impressions/observations. Did I miss it? Thank you.

Guys,

My ownership review on Honda City Diesel is up finally!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4932722

Hello All,
I need some advise. I'm planning to upgrade to City CVT VX. I recently sold City SV Diesel 2014 for 4.1L.
One of my known person selling his VX CVT and here are the details:
City VX CVT
Done 53000 kms
March 2017
Grey Color
I should be able to get this car for 8.1L. He was asking for 9L and I have asked him to bring it down to 8.1L as per market rate.
Is this is a good deal?
Please pour in your wisdom so that I can take a decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 4934946)
I should be able to get this car for 8.1L.

Could you please ask him for more details w.r.t servicing and parts replacement. Based on how well kept the car is, the price can be decided because as the car is close to 4 years and done a decent amount of kms, you will have to check if the battery, tyres and brake-pads etc were replaced or not.

If his car is the facelift model, the tyres are not going to be cheap. Factor in ~30000 for OEM Bridgestones and ~35000 for Michelins (currently out of stock), these prices keep fluctuating like crazy so get a quotation from a reputed tyre shop if at all they need changing. The battery will cost you a shade under 4000 if you go for a long pro-rata warranty Amaron. The quotation for brake-pads + disc skimming can be taken from the ASC if needed.

While you are at it, check if the digipad is working fine. A lot of us have faced problems with the digipad and got it replaced under warranty. It is very expensive to replace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSH (Post 4935196)
Could you please ask him for more details w.r.t servicing and parts replacement. Based on how well kept the car is, the price can be decided because as the car is close to 4 years and done a decent amount of kms, you will have to check if the battery, tyres and brake-pads etc were replaced or not.

If his car is the facelift model, the tyres are not going to be cheap. Factor in ~30000 for OEM Bridgestones and ~35000 for Michelins (currently out of stock), these prices keep fluctuating like crazy so get a quotation from a reputed tyre shop if at all they need changing. The battery will cost you a shade under 4000 if you go for a long pro-rata warranty Amaron. The quotation for brake-pads + disc skimming can be taken from the ASC if needed.

While you are at it, check if the digipad is working fine. A lot of us have faced problems with the digipad and got it replaced under warranty. It is very expensive to replace.

I got it checked from Honda Service station where the car used to get serviced and they told me car is well serviced on regular intervals. The brake pads are new. They got replaced in the last service.
Tyres are OEM Bridgestone, and definitely do have a juice of more than 10k. DIscs are fine, this is what I was told by ASS.

The digipad does not support Android Auto and Apple Car play. But I tested it and it works fine. There is no rusting and the sun roof also works fine.

Thanks for your detailed questions. My only confusion is that if 8.1L is on a higher side or not, or it is a good deal, considering tyres will need a change soon and then in March 2021 car will be 4 years old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 4935353)
My only confusion is that if 8.1L is on a higher side on not, or it is a good deal, considering tyres will need a change soon and then in March 2021 car will be 4 years old.

If it has a good service record and cosmetically fine, the asking price seems OK but the cost of changing the tyres and battery (if not changed) do need to be taken into consideration. See if he can come down to ~7.9 lakhs.

BTW have you checked the prices on online valuation websites ? That will give you a fair idea of what the prices are in your city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSH (Post 4935397)
If it has a good service record and cosmetically fine, the asking price seems OK but the cost of changing the tyres and battery (if not changed) do need to be taken into consideration. See if he can come down to ~7.9 lakhs.

BTW have you checked the prices on online valuation websites ? That will give you a fair idea of what the prices are in your city.

Just checked battery has been replaced in Feb 2020. Tyres will need a replacement. I checked on Droom and Cars24 and they all give a price between 7.9 to 8.35L

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 4935629)
I checked on Droom and Cars24 and they all give a price between 7.9 to 8.35L

So his asking price of 8.1 lakhs seems OK for a car with good service records. A little more negotiation may save you something for the tyres replacement and it will be a fair ask from your side IMO.

Also check if the car is under warranty. This will be an added bonus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 4935629)
. I checked on Droom and Cars24 and they all give a price between 7.9 to 8.35L

Whatever price is quoted online by cars 24 or
Droom please take it with a pinch of salt once they come and inspect the vehicle their Online quote for the same car drops tragically and they offer a million excuses on why one should sell at the amount they just quoted.

Has indian spec 4th gen Honda City been crash tested ?

If so, what are the ratings.

Google search reveals asian ratings mainly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodooblaster (Post 4942498)
Has indian spec 4th gen Honda City been crash tested ?

No, it has not been tested. GNCAP has tested only a single Honda till date which is the Mobilio.

Hello all
I'm looking for a second hand option for City petrol automatic VX CVT not older than 2018. In case anybody wants to sell off, do let me know. Thanks

Kind attention of the Hoda City owners is invited !

I bought preowned 29k run City SV Diesel 2018.
I took it for 30k km interval maintenance to Metro Honda , Bowenpally, Hyderabad yesterday ( after unable to find appointments at Sundaram Honda )

Apart from regular oil changes and filter cleaning, only break pads needed replacement.

After the service, I was aghast to see the bill amounting to almost 13,000 , where the labour charges were nearing 7000/-.

7k for 2 to 3-hour job !?

When questioned about this atrocious labour charges, the only standard reply I got from SA was it was their regular charges.

Was I overcharged or is the Honda Labour charges absurdly high ?

PS: They are charging 1.1% on Credit Card payments for 10k + amounts for which I had to fight to get it off.


All in all , my first experience with Honda Service turned out to be soar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poised2drive (Post 4953226)

After the service, I was aghast to see the bill amounting to almost 13,000 , where the labour charges were nearing 7000/-.

Complete scam! I used to pay ~15K for my annual Octavia 1.8TSI service. What exactly are they using? PhD class technicians?

Please upload the detailed invoice. Also check Honda's website. Usually there is a service cost calculator so do compare all rates there.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:36.