Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 17:35   #6916

I too own a 4th generation city and after the warranty period is over and the running is less I get it serviced only once a year.
If your car is not having any mechanical issues at present then I would suggest to go with plan C.
But please check the fluid levels and tyre condition.
Gaurav_P is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 17:44   #6917
BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Thank you! Is there any particular reason this happens?
Here is the explanation from the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-573654bbcb954dd99bbfc85ef5f9266c.jpeg  

fast_elegance is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 17:49   #6918
BHPian

[quote=irdevanand;4968692)

So, my Question is

A) Should i service the car again in service centre before the trip? Considering i paid 11k for last service (40k kms service or something which is twice the normal cost of 6k) and the car has not been used at all i am bit hesitant to do this.

B) Should i replace the engine oil alone in some shell petrol station? The manual says engine oil should be replaced every 6 months and it has already been 11 months. Will it affect the car if i do this trip without changing oil?

C) Do nothing. Finish the trip and take care during next service whenever it is.

Please help me with this dilemma guys. A, B, Or C ?

Regards
Dev[/QUOTE]

I would suggest stick to the owners manual. I would also suggest you to buy the 10 years anytime warranty. You will have to renew and pay approximately INR 8 - 10K every year. Honda has made some quality compromises in the 4th gen city which might show its ugly face in the coming few years, especially, if you plan to keep the car for a longer time. Extended warranty will definitely guarantee you a peace of mind ownership.

I drive a 2016 Honda City V MT I-vtec. I had the same thought in mind whether I should service or not owing to low running, but keeping in mind the warranty, I went ahead servicing my car asking the workshop to carry out basic oil and oil filter changes. Approximate damage being INR 6000/-.

Last edited by RJ2285 : 3rd January 2021 at 17:50.
RJ2285 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 07:15   #6919
BHPian

Does anyone having the BS6 4th gen Honda City manual please let me know the run-in / break in period kms ?

Honda website doesn't have manual for the same.
Old 4th January 2021, 08:01   #6920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Please help me with this dilemma guys. A, B, Or C ?

Regards
Dev
So I’m pretty sure your owner’s manual requires you to change your engine oil & filter every 6 months. However, with your low running, I’d safely push it to 12 months.

Will you be back before Feb 2021? If yes, go on your 1000kms roadtrip & come back & service the car at your base.

Like another member recommended below, check your engine oil, coolant condition & level. If they’re not below the min marking and the engine oil doesn’t smell burnt, you’re good to go.

Realise that it is good practice to change your engine oil & filter once a year (even if you’ve driven only for 100kms in 1yr). Do not stretch the oil change interval beyond that, if you value longevity of your internal engine components.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ovid-19-a.html (Car service intervals during Covid-19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_P View Post
I would suggest to go with plan C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
I would suggest stick to the owners manual.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Does anyone having the BS6 4th gen Honda City manual please let me know the run-in / break in period kms ?
1000kms - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ownin...ml#post4754781 (ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car)
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 12:19   #6921
BHPian

Any ideas whether MT will have similar break in period as CVT ?
Old 5th January 2021, 12:43   #6922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Any ideas whether MT will have similar break in period as CVT ?
I drive a City iVTEC MT, and do not remember seeing anything specific in my City owners manual (cannot recollect specifically though) for run in. However, as a general "good practice", I go easy on the engine for the first couple of thousand kilometres. Through this period, I gradually put the engine through its paces by increasing engine speeds/ revs as the kilometers clock. Once the first couple of thousand kilometers are up, and I feel that the engine is opening up and revving more freely, I start driving as I normally do.

Truth be told, the Honda iVTEC is very difficult to drive at low revs, especially because it revs so fast and so high with even moderate throttle inputs. It does take quite a bit of self control to drive this engine sedately, but I do ensure that this is done during the first couple of thousand kilometers. It pays dividends in the long run, and makes for a smooth and enjoyable drive for years thereafter.

This method has worked well for me for all my cars, and I continue to follow this irrespective of the absence of specific directions under the owners manual. This should work well enough in your case as well.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 13:14   #6923
BHPian

Hey guys,

I need your opinion.

Car in question: 2017 honda city ivtec 7 speed CVT (updated model).
I have 5 years warranty on the above mentioned car.

Now i am due for my periodic service this month.

I have an option of giving the same car to my trusted FNG for an oil change where my cost would not be more than 3500 to 4500 including a decent 0w-20 engine oil.

OR

I can give it to Honda A.S.S. where they do a half hearted job where looking at the current cost will set me back by atleast.8 to 10000. I also feel these guys put 200...300ml engine oil less as the distick is never shows full level.

I know i am sounding stupid but a bit confused as dont want to spend another 4 to 5000 on some services which do not enhance the ride quality.

I have till now done all services at A.S.S. except for topping of engine oil when i found about the less quantity of oil put.

Thanks in advance
Old 6th January 2021, 15:42   #6924
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
I can give it to Honda A.S.S. where they do a half hearted job where looking at the current cost will set me back by atleast.8 to 10000. I also feel these guys put 200...300ml engine oil less as the distick is never shows full level.
Why not go with your car to the service centre and check everything right there.
Old 6th January 2021, 18:34   #6925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance
Which Honda service station you go to? If they are not upto the mark you can try another service centre and see since your car is still under warranty. In case of some issue, which I hope does not happen and you have to claim warranty they will not honor same. I know the Andheri Solitare service centre is a crappy one for sure.
Old 6th January 2021, 21:21   #6926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
I would recommend you to follow plan B. Get the engine oil changed as they need to be changed with time irrespective of usage. Also get the tyre pressure, brake fluid, coolant and other basics checked and you should be good to go!

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
I would suggest stick to the owners manual. I would also suggest you to buy the 10 years anytime warranty. You will have to renew and pay approximately INR 8 - 10K every year. Honda has made some quality compromises in the 4th gen city which might show its ugly face in the coming few years, especially, if you plan to keep the car for a longer time. Extended warranty will definitely guarantee you a peace of mind ownership.

I drive a 2016 Honda City V MT I-vtec. I had the same thought in mind whether I should service or not owing to low running, but keeping in mind the warranty, I went ahead servicing my car asking the workshop to carry out basic oil and oil filter changes. Approximate damage being INR 6000/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_P View Post
I too own a 4th generation city and after the warranty period is over and the running is less I get it serviced only once a year.
If your car is not having any mechanical issues at present then I would suggest to go with plan C.
Thanks Everybody. I went with option A after reading through all your comments and after talking to the service centre guys. Got the car serviced today from Honda Authorised Service Centre. To keep costs low told them to just pick the basic service pack which was 1500rs and then replace the oil and oil filter. Good thing is that the basic service pack covered checking the brakes, suspension, battery testing, windscreen fluid topping, wheel rotation etc etc. So overall cost was 5k and i am happy as well. Thanks again. Attaching pics of the invoice just in case anyone else needs such info.

RJ225 - thanks for the tip about warranty. Checked. My 5th year warranty expires on march 2021. so i can buy the warranty only in feb (30 days before expiry). Told the guy to remind me in feb and cost is 10k.

Regards
Dev
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-screen-shot-20210106-9.08.44-pm.png  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-screen-shot-20210106-9.09.15-pm.png  

irdevanand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 14:28   #6927
BHPian

2014/2015 DTEC owners here, did switching to a different brand of engine oil make any difference to the engine noise?
According to you which oil has the best result?
Old 14th January 2021, 15:55   #6928
BHPian

Hi. I have a 2014 City VX MT which has done about 65,000 kms and is in great condition. I am in two minds whether to sell it now and upgrade or wait for a couple more years.

However, if I decide to retain the car, I am keen on getting a new head unit which has Apple CarPlay since I really need Google Maps nowadays. Has anybody replaced the head unit in their City and if yes, which one did you opt for?
Old 2nd February 2021, 22:52   #6929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitkodali View Post
can the existing ICE be changed to Digipad 2.0? Is Digipad 2.0 ICE offered as an accessory
Have you installed the new ICE?
Old 5th February 2021, 09:31   #6930
BHPian

Guys my boot it opening automatically after closing it,

I press the button on the boot to open it, it beeps and opens.
Then when I close it, it beeps thrice in quick succession and opens again.

Im worried it will open when I'm not around and I'll lose something.
What is happening? Any idea?

I remember the key's red light flashing right after I closed the boot
It flashes just when I close it, like someone pressed a button on the remote. Has anyone had this issue??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks