Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 09:40   #6931
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilrs View Post
Hi. I have a 2014 City VX MT which has done about 65,000 kms and is in great condition. I am in two minds whether to sell it now and upgrade or wait for a couple more years.
Upgrading is always a personal choice but I’d sincerely recommend you to hold onto this one for a few more years. There are excellent 2 DIN options from Pioneer and Sony in the market. Newer HUs these days have evolved enough in terms of compatibility and steering controls etc. are retained post upgrade. Check ICE section and search for similar upgrade done on a Honda City.

Edit:

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 5th February 2021 at 09:52.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 17:06   #6932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilrs View Post
Hi. I have a 2014 City VX MT which has done about 65,000 kms and is in great condition. I am in two minds whether to sell it now and upgrade or wait for a couple more years.

However, if I decide to retain the car, I am keen on getting a new head unit which has Apple CarPlay since I really need Google Maps nowadays. Has anybody replaced the head unit in their City and if yes, which one did you opt for?
Incidentally today itself I posted a thread on ICE upgrade on my Honda City. Link below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...cam-setup.html
yogesh.8984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 15:22   #6933
BHPian

Is the front glass windshield of the IDTEC different in VX model?
I was looking for it on bodmoo and I found that the S/SV/V share the same part number while the VX has a different one.
The VX version is also expensive.
Old 17th February 2021, 15:37   #6934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchit_bhp View Post
Is the front glass windshield of the IDTEC different in VX model?
I was looking for it on bodmoo and I found that the S/SV/V share the same part number while the VX has a different one.
The VX version is also expensive.
If I remember correctly VX model windscreen glass had additional heat insulating material to it right from factory that is the reason it is bit of expensive then other model windscreen glass.
akshay386 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 18:12   #6935
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Guys my boot it opening automatically after closing it,
Try opening the key and clean the board using isopropyl alcohol and try again. Seems to be some issue with the key. Did you see the red light staying on for some time after pressing the keys?
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 20:51   #6936
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City wins ASEAN NCAP “Consistent 5-star Award”.

Quote:
In the 4th ASEAN NCAP Grand Prix Awards 2020, the Honda City received the "Consistent 5-Star Award". The award implies that the Honda City has been rated 5 stars for several generations.
Quote:
Under the ASEAN NCAP testing, three generations of the Honda City have been crash-tested, namely the GM2, GM6, and GN2.
Quote:
The Honda City has managed to keep up with the ASEAN NCAP standards to score 5 stars every time.
The 2012 Honda City GM2 scored 5 stars, with the pre-requisite for 5 stars at that time being the presence of ESC and seatbelt reminder. The GM2 almost obtained a full score in adult occupant protection (AOP) and scored 81% in child occupant protection.
5 stars was awarded to the following 2014 Honda City GM6 (with full airbags). 15.8/16 points were obtained for AOP and 83% was obtained for COP.

The latest iteration of the Honda City, the GN2 also scored 5 stars with a full score in the side collision test for both adult and child. AOP score is 32.28/36 while COP score is 44.72/49. The latest ASEAN NCAP test includes the assessment of emergency brake assist and the Honda City manages a full score.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 22:17   #6937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Try opening the key and clean the board using isopropyl alcohol and try again. Seems to be some issue with the key. Did you see the red light staying on for some time after pressing the keys?
I think it started after I replaced the battery(remote)

I see the light on the remote, so it's definitely problem originating from the remote

But it only happens right after I shut the boot. Wierd.

I'll clean the board and update.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda City wins ASEAN NCAP “Consistent 5-star Award”.

[
Maaan do I find this hard to believe,

The NVH is terrible, the panels flex and the car doesn't feel very solidly built.

How is 5 star even possible??
Could it be possible that there are any structural differences between the Indian versions and the tested cars?

I've seen images of a City ripped open by a tree. Didn't instill much confidence in me about its safety rating

Last edited by viXit : 17th February 2021 at 22:20.
Old 21st February 2021, 18:27   #6938
BHPian

Quote:
Guys my boot it opening automatically after closing it,
Call me silly but I too had a similar issue. Turned out the driver seat belt tends to entangle the boot release switch in the cabin and kept opening the boot. I had random times when the boot opened up random when braking or riding over rough patches. Hopefully your issue is resolved by the time you read this post!

Had quite a tiring Sunday today. Had a small incident last week wherein a 5 L bottle emptied out in the rear seat footwell. The cabin was relative dry with no foul smell. I Still wasn’t convinced as water removed was faaar less than what was spilled! I’ve got additional rubber floor mat done as well.
Successfully removed the floor mat and the rubber mat and have put them out to dry. What should I do next?
- Let the mat dry, vacuum it and fix them again or
- Get the carpet cleaned from a car wash place as well and then fix it. ( I don’t have dry cleaning facilities in my locality)

The car does look quite different with the carpet and the centre arm rest
Aravind_M92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:14   #6939
BHPian

Put newspapers on the wet spot. Try to keep your car in direct sunlight .With this kind of hot climate in the afternoons it should dry in about 2 to 3 days
mdesai_1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:24   #6940
BHPian

I just got my 2016 Honda city V MT i-vtec 1 Lakh kms service done at Solitaire Honda, Andheri, Mumbai.

Car odo stands at 63,500 kms.

The following was replaced:-

Engine oil
Oil Filter
AC Filter
Spark plugs
Horn replaced under warranty
Fog lamps relay replaced under warranty

Weak Battery - Needs to be replaced. Honda was quoting me INR 4300/- for Amaron and the same battery costs INR 3300/- at Amaron authorised dealer and hence will get it replaced today.

Total Bill including pick up/drop and taxes - INR 10,212/-

I found it very reasonable for a 5 year old car. Also, I renewed the 6th year warranty and paid INR 10,312/- including taxes for it. Highly recommended. I plan to keep the car for long and will continue to pay for the extended warranty until the 10th year.

Query-

One observation by the the Honda A.S.S. was that the clutch is a bit on the harder side and we might have to undertake clutch work(Clutch bleeding) in the next service 6 months later.

Since the car is under warranty, should I stick to Honda for clutch work or should I get it done by a renowned FNG Select Auto - Sunil Shanbag in Mumbai? If I go ahead with FNG, Will it affect the warranty?

PS- It is not very hard the way Honda A.S.S. is stressing on getting work done for obvious reasons. However, I might get it done 15,000 kms from now.
RJ2285 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:30   #6941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
PS- It is not very hard the way Honda A.S.S. is stressing on getting work done for obvious reasons. However, I might get it done 15,000 kms from now.
The A.S.S has been mentioning about the hard clutch (and recommended replacement) from around the car reaching the 60K KM mark on the odo.

More than 2 years and 30K KMs have passed and the odo is now at 88K KM and the clutch seems fine to me (read: no slippage), but continues to be a bit hard though. I don't think its an issue.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 17th March 2021 at 10:32.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:48   #6942
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Maaan do I find this hard to believe,

The NVH is terrible, the panels flex and the car doesn't feel very solidly built.

How is 5 star even possible??
Could it be possible that there are any structural differences between the Indian versions and the tested cars?

I've seen images of a City ripped open by a tree. Didn't instill much confidence in me about its safety rating
I have seen almost every car ever sold on this planet being ripped open by a tree. So what's your point? Exterior body panels do not contribute one bit to structural rigidity which is what determines occupant safety in the event of a crash. There may or may not be structural differences between the ASEAN models and the Indian models (though I doubt that because the weight is the same). 5 stars for a Honda City is possible just the same way 2 stars (or was it 3) for a recent Korean hatchback on stilts with a supposedly solid exterior build quality is.

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 17th March 2021 at 10:48. Reason: Typos
sierrabravo98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:01   #6943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
I have seen almost every car ever sold on this planet being ripped open by a tree. So what's your point? Exterior body panels do not contribute one bit to structural rigidity which is what determines occupant safety in the event of a crash. There may or may not be structural differences between the ASEAN models and the Indian models (though I doubt that because the weight is the same). 5 stars for a Honda City is possible just the same way 2 stars (or was it 3) for a recent Korean hatchback on stilts with a supposedly solid exterior build quality is.
A series of wrong assumptions based on many observations I made , made me believe that my Honda City has a bad build quality.

My confidence in the car is now very high after the crash test results!

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-screenshot_20210323195546_chrome.jpg

Can someone help me with this.

My user manual says to use Honda Diesel Engine oil #2

But I don't know if it's synthetic or not!
If someone can confirm this, I will decide whether I should use the oil from honda or buy my own oil.
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:09   #6944
BHPian

Guys, a small problem!

Since last few tankfills, I've been observing that my 2014 Honda City iDTEC is giving poor FE whenever I drive and I'm getting around 14-15 Kmpl if I drive in a spirited mode in city limits when compared to 16-18 Kmpl, which I usually get in the city limits.

And, I got the 1L Kms service done in the month of December when the odo reading was at 1.02L Kms at that time and the present odo reading as of today is a shade more than 1.06L Kms.

The car is mostly driven in city traffic by myself and my mom, who goes to her office every day and has been occasionally driven on highways.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 23rd March 2021 at 20:10.
Old 23rd March 2021, 22:19   #6945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Guys, a small problem!

Since last few tankfills, I've been observing that my 2014 Honda City iDTEC is giving poor FE whenever I drive and I'm getting around 14-15 Kmpl if I drive in a spirited mode in city limits when compared to 16-18 Kmpl, which I usually get in the city limits.

The car is mostly driven in city traffic by myself and my mom, who goes to her office every day and has been occasionally driven on highways.
That's quite normal, I get 15 kmpl in the city. And my car is very low run. Once in two weeks it goes out, so I can assume my car is mechanically perfect, but I still get 15kmpl.

But one drive to the RGIA and back puts my average back at 25.

Off topic, could you help with my previous post, about engine oil?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks