Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-465.html)

Now that there are queries are there about engine oils. I have a few questions

1. My SA when asked to flush the engine and replace the engine oil said they would only drain and fill up and not flush it. What’s the stand on this?

2. Service centres are the same everywhere. Even the best of them try to rip you off. After every time of engine oil replacement, I’ve noticed the oil level at best at 2/3s level of the indicator. I usually top it off at home with shell helix fully synthetic engine oil after a run of about 100 kms. Is this practice fine? Or should I try and confront the service centre the next time?

3. The Idemitsu engine oil recommended for Honda city is rated at 5w-30 I believe . In country like ours, where the temperature are at higher side, should we be not using a higher rating say 5w-40? Since my car is out of warranty, can I get the oil flushed and use Shell engine oil?

Is there any discount on this model? Looks tempting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrolHead_1609 (Post 5036367)
Hi All,

Is 4th gen Honda City is a good buy even in 2021?

Specifically asking for V variant, it's around 9.99L ex showroom and is decently kitted with
- cruise control
- keyless start/stop
- automatic climate control
- reverse camera with guidance
- electrically retractable ORVMs
- touchscreen music system with Android auto
- alloy wheels.

Other options :

Skoda rapid and VW Vento - I'm not guy who revvs lot, low revs would pronounce the 3 cyl specific thrums. City seems to be a better package overall in terms of space, features, reliability, maintenance costs etc.

Verna - feels overpriced for the space on offer, especially when considering similarly priced S plus variant which misses out on too many features. Also, not a great NA petrol.

Ciaz - the only MS cars I feel good about are s-cross and vitara brezza, nothing else from the stable gets my attention.

City 5th gen - a great package, haven't driven it yet. Like the VX variant alot but it's too pricey with my budget constraint of 10L ex-showroom.

Or do I have to peek in the crowded sub-4m SUV segment, which I am not a fan of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrolHead_1609 (Post 5036367)
Hi All,

Is 4th gen Honda City is a good buy even in 2021?

Specifically asking for V variant, it's around 9.99L ex showroom and is decently kitted with
- cruise control
- keyless start/stop
- automatic climate control
- reverse camera with guidance
- electrically retractable ORVMs
- touchscreen music system with Android auto
- alloy wheels.

I believe the next gen model makes more sense, as the base model itself is decently kitted and is around 1L more(probably 1.5 L with taxes). This is not a huge difference when it comes to EMIs, and you will get a fresher, next generation car which will stay relevant for longer duration, with better resale as well. Unless there are substantial discounts or you are attached to this model, 5th Gen would be a better pick.