Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-467.html)

Had given our 2014 City iDTEC for 1,10,000 Kms at Green Honda few days ago, and was shocked to see that I got a bill of just Rs.6k, which I felt reasonable.

Apart from regular service, I got the AC filter and airfilter changed as AC wasn't cooling properly.

I must say that I'm very much happy with the City and apart from few issues, the car drives like a dream and gives 18+ Kmpl in the city limits when driven well.

Recently, when I was looking for the replacement for our City and, in fact, had TD'ed each and every C-SUV within the budget of 15-20L as we aren't keen on another sedan due to low GC but felt rear seat comfort in these cars is poor when compared to the City. After TD'ing these so called C-SUV's, I felt its better to retain the City rather than selling off, which my mom accepted to it.

I felt that its very hard to replace the City due to its rear seat space and at the same time, I felt another City (Petrol CVT) can replace my City Diesel if rear seat comfort and space is important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_guy1998 (Post 5132725)
I felt that its very hard to replace the City due to its rear seat space and at the same time, I felt another City (Petrol CVT) can replace my City Diesel if rear seat comfort and space is important.

Completely echo the sentiments. I am using a City i-vtec 2012 model for the past 9 years and though I have the feeling to get a new one, unable to match any C-SUVs due to 2 reasons, back seat space and boot space. City is kind of a leader in both with a balanced driving experience.
Every C-SUV launch creates a lot of excitement but at the end I realize that you have to compromise on boot space or rear seat comfort which is a big downer for me & my better half.

I have utilized the boot space of City to the brim during my long distance travels especially to native. Karoq was the only one that came close to my feel of balancing everything, but the limited volumes, CBU and Skoda after sales was sort of a deterrent. If Karoq is launched again will definitely consider one.

Has anyone managed to install the button for electromagnetic release for the variants without it?

Compared the lock assembly to lower variants and it there is a motor in the higher variants. That needs to be retrofitted. Need some info on the boot wiring harness and security system too since it's all inter-linked. Any info is welcome guys.

Please help me acquire a service manual copy if someone has. Would be of great help to all of us.

Hi Everyone!

I need advice on replacing tyres on my 2015 4th gen City. I have been using the original stock tyres and after 6 years, I think its time for changing them. The car hasn't run much, 22000 km on the odo, but its probably time to replace the tyres.
I am in Mumbai and use Viva Honda in Chandivali for servicing needs. The service rep is suggesting Goodyears 175/65 R15 size for the replacement. I was wondering when I should go for wider track tyres.

What size and brand would you guys suggest? And for those in Mumbai, would you please suggest a place to get the change done close to the Powai/Chandivali area.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20210224_105507.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20210224_105504.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei (Post 5143635)
Hi Everyone!
I need advice on replacing tyres on my 2015 4th gen City.

You will get suggestions on the thread here.

For dealers you can try the Mumbai section of the Team-BHP directory (maybe purchase them from online dealers like tyremarket.com or Amazon. We already have threads for those too).

Quote:

Originally Posted by JithinR (Post 5143671)
You will get suggestions on the thread here.

For dealers you can try the Mumbai section of the Team-BHP directory (maybe purchase them from online dealers like tyremarket.com or Amazon. We already have threads for those too).

Thank you for the suggestion! I forgot that there should be a thread for tyre and wheel upgrades. I will post this there.

Trivia-

Honda used a gear-lever marked for 5-speed in the diesel City by stitching it with the leather piece having markings for 6-speed.

Source - Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/CarsIndia/c...eb2x&context=3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei (Post 5143635)
..replacing tyres on my 2015 4th gen City. .. The service rep is suggesting Goodyears 175/65 R15 size for the replacement. I was wondering when I should go for wider track tyres...

175/65/R15 is the stock size, although sufficient is not good enough for highway runs in terms of grip and handling cross-winds at speeds >100kmph.

195/60/R15 is a good upsize with minimum deviation and I changed my first set of tyres (MRF ZVTV) at 30000 KM/2years to Michelin XM2 and its been running now for 60000 KM/5years and the experience has been very good (touch wood).

MRF ZVTV was very crappy and I faced frequent punctures on them not to mention pre-mature tyre life at just 30K KM. Your tyres seem completely worn with cracks at 22K KM and its safer to change asap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neeraj08 (Post 5149333)
Trivia-

Honda used a gear-lever marked for 5-speed in the diesel City by stitching it with the leather piece having markings for 6-speed.

Maybe applicable to the top spec VX variant (if true). All other models get a non leather wrapped proper 6-speed gear knob.

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 5149475)
175/65/R15 is the stock size, although sufficient is not good enough for highway runs in terms of grip and handling cross-winds at speeds >100kmph.

195/60/R15 is a good upsize with minimum deviation and I changed my first set of tyres (MRF ZVTV) at 30000 KM/2years to Michelin XM2 and its been running now for 60000 KM/5years and the experience has been very good (touch wood).

MRF ZVTV was very crappy and I faced frequent punctures on them not to mention pre-mature tyre life at just 30K KM. Your tyres seem completely worn with cracks at 22K KM and its safer to change asap.

Thank you so much for all your inputs. I am going to have the tyres replaced asap. I got the same recommendation for the tyre size and am considering both the Michelin XM2 and the MRF Perfinza.

Our 2012 Honda Brio's rubber bits around window and door are worn out and so, leaking in heavy monsoon.

Is it better to take to Honda ASS for replacing the rubber bits or better to take to a garage FNG? If FNG, any suggestions for Kolkata?

Greetings members!

This concerns a 2014 model Honda City, i-vtec VX(O) with default Goodyear tyres.

Issue is whenever the car hits 80kmph and above, it shakes significantly, specially the front.

The tyres are relatively new and a good visual inspection showed no bulge in the tyres. I am yet to check the wheel alignment.

Can anyone please throw some light on this about the probable causes and what I should do next?

Quote:

Originally Posted by roydevargh (Post 5172289)
Issue is whenever the car hits 80kmph and above, it shakes significantly, specially the front.

Can anyone please throw some light on this about the probable causes and what I should do next?

This is most probably due to the wheel balancing. Get it checked at a good wheel alignment and balancing shop. This will be the first step towards resolving or getting to the root cause of the issue.

How much engine oil consumption should be considered normal on the IDTEC engine after driving it for approx 10000 kms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by satchit_bhp (Post 5176567)
... IDTEC engine after driving it for approx 10000 kms?

Between the prescribed service intervals of 6Months/10K KM for the iDTEC, I have never seen the engine oil levels dip below the lower mark on the dip-stick. The oil burn if any is not noticeable.

Time to get the front brake pads replaced,
which ones should I go for ?
1. OE Price ₹3500/- approx
2. Bosch ₹1300/- approx
3. TVS ₹1200/- approx
Does Petrol and Diesel have different brake pads?