Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 20:33   #7021
BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Need your valuable recommendations in relation to 4th Gen. Honda City V BS6.
Found it to be one of the most value for money full size sedans in terms of pricing and features offered.

Lately, i've been in a dilemma regarding the quality issues faced by 2020-2021 Honda City owners.
The recent incident of 4th Gen city catching fire when stationary was beyond surprising.
I kept on wondering how could this happen when we take into account more than 2 decades old Honda City 'Reliability' and 'Brand Value'.

Recent 4th Gen City owners are also complaining about exterior body paint issues & tyre sidewall issues. (Read this on Twitter)

Honda City 4th Gen happens to be the highest seller amongst all the generations till now and these issues haven’t came across earlier.
So, is Honda indulging in cost cutting with BS6 4th Gen City which seems to be the same as 2017-19 BS4 model when looked at but changes while manufacturing (Cost Cutting) has been done as compared to earlier 2017-19 BS4 Model ?

Your valuable views in relation to Honda's cost cutting points stated above will be highly appreciated as this vehicle is considered keeping in view 'long term reliability' and 'ease of maintenance'.

Thanks.
Old 7th December 2021, 23:01   #7022
BHPian

I’m considering buying the City 5th Generation ZX CVT. Actual purchase would be in February as I’m going to soon be out of the country until the end of January. As I am for the first time looking at Honda as an option, I just came across this fabulous review posted all the way back in 2013 on the 4th Generation City.
I have a question to all and any one in particular who would be able to spell out what improvements can be easily noticed in the 5th Generation over all that GTO has put down for the 4th. I ask this specifically as no one has posted a review on the latest edition of the City.
Would you guys say the GTO review that starts this thread can be considered for the 5th generation too, especially on the drive, suspension and the handling characteristics

Lastly but equally importantly, I also have a booking in place for the Skoda Kushaq Style 1.0 AT. Once all the hoots of derision and cries of education over the differences between a CSUV and a Sedan die down, I’d appreciate a “from the gut” and heart of course, which car I should go for. The City 5th Gen ZX CVT or the Skoda Kushaq Style 1.0 AT

Excuse my having tried your collective patience. Thanks a lot
armumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 23:33   #7023
Senior - BHPian

Main improvements in 5th gen City in comparison with the 4th gen are:
1. Ride quality is fixed in 5th gen (over undulating roads).
2. Touchscreen system improved.
3. The touch panel of 4th gen is now replaced with physical buttons.

4. Features list of 5th gen ZX model is far better than the V model of 4th gen which is aimed at a sub 10 lacs market.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 00:29   #7024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
Would you guys say the GTO review that starts this thread can be considered for the 5th generation too, especially on the drive, suspension and the handling characteristics
Here is the review from GTO on the 5th gen City.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4852640 (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62)
fast_elegance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 12:21   #7025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
I ask this specifically as no one has posted a review on the latest edition of the City.
Please refer the excellent ownership thread of 5th Gen City by TrackDay.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ty-review.html (Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review)
Old 9th December 2021, 20:32   #7026
BHPian

Highly recommend the users who need to clarify queries regarding 5th Gen. Honda City to refer the already created full fledged thread of the same as it gets mixed up with the 4th Gen. Honda City info. / queries.
That’s the reason we have separate threads, that too very easily accessible via 'search option on TeamBHP site' or 'google search engine', to avoid the above mentioned issue; hence, the exclusivity is maintained.

Please do search the topic before posting.

Here's the link for all your info. in relation to 5th Gen. Honda City: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-62-a-130.html (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62)
Old 12th December 2021, 10:19   #7027
BANNED

Is there any cladding that are available for the wheel wells and the bot lid for my 4th generation Honda city? Trying to deaden some road noise without dampeners.
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:03   #7028
BHPian

Hello everyone

I recently purchased a 4th gen Honda City and although the car is amazing, I am facing an issue with the car's bluetooth system.
Until yesterday, the car used to disconnect my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy M30s) every time the engine or the ignition is turned off and took a lot of time to reconnect. However, that is not a big issue as I have got used to it.

Now, since yesterday my smartphone is not recognising the car Bluetooth system! I have tried to reset both the car and smartphone bluetooth settings and the issue is still there. All this when both the phone and the car are able to connect with other bluetooth devices without any hassle (except slow reconnecting).

Any Honda City owner who has faced this issue or can help me on this?
Old 26th December 2021, 16:03   #7029
BHPian

Mileage achieved on my trip to Ahmedabad last week.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-photo_20211226_155811.jpg  

satchit_bhp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 20:26   #7030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchit_bhp View Post
Mileage achieved on my trip to Ahmedabad last week.
iDTEC, although, noisier and less powerful on paper than the rivals like Verna, excels in fuel efficiency both in city and on highway, no two ways about it.
Amazing figures !
Also, doesn’t feel underpowered while driving.

4th gen. City is a Perfect mix of Fuel Efficiency, Evergreen full-sized sedan looks and Reliability !

Last edited by i_s_bajwa : 26th December 2021 at 20:32. Reason: Additional point added
i_s_bajwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 22:30   #7031
BHPian

Didn't feel underpowered, but when it comes to noise, it feels like a Mahindra pickup inside the cabin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_s_bajwa View Post
iDTEC, although, noisier and less powerful on paper than the rivals like Verna, excels in fuel efficiency both in city and on highway, no two ways about it.
Amazing figures !
Also, doesn’t feel underpowered while driving.

4th gen. City is a Perfect mix of Fuel Efficiency, Evergreen full-sized sedan looks and Reliability !
satchit_bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 15:02   #7032

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Hello everyone

I recently purchased a 4th gen Honda City and although the car is amazing, I am facing an issue with the car's bluetooth system.
Until yesterday, the car used to disconnect my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy M30s) every time the engine or the ignition is turned off and took a lot of time to reconnect. However, that is not a big issue as I have got used to it.

Any Honda City owner who has faced this issue or can help me on this?
Yes. My wife had this phone and it had the same problem. And she gets very upset . After trying a number of things nothing worked.

And the phone's display suddenly stopped working so we had to change the phone. And the new phone worked perfectly.

I got fed up making them work. So I suggest getting a new phone.
madhan.g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 09:42   #7033
BHPian

Hello again fellow Honda City owners, I'm here yet again with a new query.

My recently purchased 68k driven used City iVTEC has been making a "ceeeee" type noise whenever I apply brakes and I'm clueless about it's cause.

When I first took the car to a trusted nearby workshop (Mohali Moto in Mohali sector 82) a few weeks ago, they changed it's brake pads to Hella ones. Though the noise vanished, it slowly came back after the car was driven for 30-40km post the brake pad replacement.

Last week, I took the car back to the workshop, they resurfaced the brake rotors and replaced the brake pads but this time again the noise vanished but came back after driving it for around 30-40km. The workshop guy has now recommended me to get new genuine Honda brake pads and rotors as he thinks that the current rotors might be unbranded.

Is there any Honda City owner who has faced a similar issue or can suggest what could be wrong with the car?
Old 31st December 2021, 10:28   #7034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Hello again fellow Honda City owners, I'm here yet again with a new query.

My recently purchased 68k driven used City iVTEC has been making a "ceeeee" type noise whenever I apply brakes and I'm clueless about it's cause.
While brake-pad replacement should solve the issue, have you also done wheel alignment and balancing? Sometimes uneven friction cause such issues which should get address with wheel alignment and balancing.
Old 31st December 2021, 19:15   #7035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
While brake-pad replacement should solve the issue, have you also done wheel alignment and balancing? Sometimes uneven friction cause such issues which should get address with wheel alignment and balancing.
Alignment was done recently but missed on balancing. Will get both done again and see if it gets better.
Any other thing you think that might be causing the sound?

Most Viewed