Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-473.html)

Relatively the V is just 50k more and could be considered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 5331482)
Looks like really good VFM for 9.49 ex showroom. Does this get reverse camera as part of digipad 2.0?

No reverse cam. It is really VFM considering the other cars in the price bracket. The rear seat space is really good. And the 1.5 Vtec is really wonderful to drive. I am really happy with the purchase. I considered Sonet and Venue as other options , but the rear seat space of the City and a sedan with more than the 4m length made me choose the City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipen (Post 5331508)
Relatively the V is just 50k more and could be considered.

The V variant production is almost stopped.

Recently did a Dehradun - Gurgaon - Dehradun trip for work purposes. I wanted to push the car to its maximum when it came to performance and spirited driving. Dehradun - Gurgaon gave me 17 KMPL @ ~ 290 Kms.

While coming back (GGN - DDN), I was determined to extract the maximum mileage and hence drove with a very light foot. 80% of the journey was with the AC on and ~ 40% was with cruise control between 80 - 90 kmph. Managed to extract 22.2KMPL @ 250Kms as per the MID. I usually get a negative variation of 0.5 - 0.8 Kmpl tankful compared to the MID.

Without knowing Petrol or Diesel those numbers don't say much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by attinder (Post 5343551)

It's a petrol. Instantaneous mileage indicator of the diesel reads from 0-40 while the petrol gets 0-30

Quote:

Originally Posted by attinder (Post 5343551)

My bad for not including it in the OG post. It is indeed a petrol as Abi5hek pointed out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVN (Post 5343522)
Recently did a Dehradun - Gurgaon - Dehradun trip for work purposes. I wanted to push the car to its maximum when it came to performance and spirited driving. Dehradun - Gurgaon gave me 17 KMPL @ ~ 290 Kms.

While coming back (GGN - DDN), I was determined to extract the maximum mileage and hence drove with a very light foot. 80% of the journey was with the AC on and ~ 40% was with cruise control between 80 - 90 kmph. Managed to extract 22.2KMPL @ 250Kms as per the MID. I usually get a negative variation of 0.5 - 0.8 Kmpl tankful compared to the MID.

That is quite a number.The maximum I could fetch from my 4th Gen Petrol City was 17.5Kmpl over Bangalore-Hyderabad trip.

A friend is buying a new car and letting go off his 4th Gen Honda City VX CVT (2015). I'm keen on picking it up for my wife now that office commute is back on cards. It's a single owned, around 70k kms done car. Two things I want to know from you guys:

1. Any watchouts?

2. Fair price in Bangalore? :Frustrati

I want to share the incident that happened yesterday, and seek inputs from the more experienced folks.

I own a 2019 Honda city, Petrol VX CVT model. Ran 15k only. Mostly driven inside of bangalore, have done a few trips to Goa and outside of Bangalore.

Day before yesterday, while driving it during night, i went into a little aggressive mode and drove a little roughly over a not so decent stretch of road for around 30 min or so. i dont recall if there was any noticeable incident, or any remarkable pothole that car went in.

However, yesterday, i started observing some strange sounds coming from the frontal part of the car. i took it to the ASS ( Brigade Honda Yelhanka ), the guy confirmed that it seems the driver side shocker has gone bad and needs replacement. the car is still under warranty and he said that the part will be replaced free of cost. But now, i have to give my car for 2-3 days at least ( since it involve some process and paperwork ). There is a free pickup and drop offerred which i accepted.

I am wondering how a shocker can go bad inside of 3 years of time, with such a low mileage done on the car. I have used Maruti, Hyundai for decades but never once have faced any such issue. any inputs ?

I must admit- i have done one thing in my car in last 10 days, which isn't exactly highly recommended by many. i wanted to experience a quieter cabin, hence have gone for the sound dampening material in all the four doors, and also put one layer beneath the bonnet. What i noticed after that is, after driving car for hours, the bonnet doesnt radiate out the heat ( coming from engine ) if i compare it to how it did earlier; rather the heat travels sideways ( i can feel the heat coming out of the fender ). I am wondering if that heat could have resulted in the shocker going bad, however unlikely it seems to be ? I checked with the ASS technician- he said that it cant be.

I am still wondering how a shocker can go bad so soon. Please suggest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaleenvashisht (Post 5362493)

Day before yesterday, while driving it during night, i went into a little aggressive mode and drove a little roughly over a not so decent stretch of road for around 30 min or so. i dont recall if there was any noticeable incident, or any remarkable pothole that car went in.

However, yesterday, i started observing some strange sounds coming from the frontal part of the car. i took it to the ASS ( Brigade Honda Yelhanka ), the guy confirmed that it seems the driver side shocker has gone bad and needs replacement. the car is still under warranty and he said that the part will be replaced free of cost.

I am wondering how a shocker can go bad inside of 3 years of time, with such a low mileage done on the car. I have used Maruti, Hyundai for decades but never once have faced any such issue. any inputs ?

Honestly, it can take just one bad hit to damage the suspension / tyres / alloys. Could even be the angle you may have hit the rough patch coupled with the speed.

It's good that Honda is replacing it under warranty - most manufacturers are more than happy to cite it as a wear and tear part and have the customer pay for it.

Make sure to do wheel alignment and balancing post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 5362860)
Honestly, it can take just one bad hit to damage the suspension / tyres / alloys. Could even be the angle you may have hit the rough patch coupled with the speed.

It's good that Honda is replacing it under warranty - most manufacturers are more than happy to cite it as a wear and tear part and have the customer pay for it.

Make sure to do wheel alignment and balancing post.

The work was completed perfectly. Dampening unit was replaced ( around 3000/- worth of part ) No money was charged to me, Honda owned the problem! And for sure, they could have given any xyz reason for the damage, but they didnt.

Another thing- today i noticed that the air pressure in the tyre was 44 psi ( instead of 35 (for the Bridgestone ecopia 16 inch tyre ). Defect in the shocker or not- it would have contributed somewhat to the problem.

This is my first post in Team-BHP. I just got approved today. Honda City 4th Generation along with Jazz and WRV will be discontinued from 2023 March. After this, there will not be any sedans in the market for less than 12 Lakhs. Quite unfortunate I would say.

I have taken test drives of both Brezza and Honda City with with my mom in back seat. Suprisingly I found Brezza more comfortable. The seating is more upright is Brezza while you have to recline in City which I guess isn't good for back. Ingress/egress is better in Brezza as well. Also bad patches of road also are more felt honda city (confirmed by my mom in back seat). Am I missing/gone wrong somewhere? Has anyone felt this way or I am the lone one with this reading?
I do agree the City's petrol motor is better than that of Brezza but Brezza's is not bad either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pran (Post 5369778)
I have taken test drives of both Brezza and Honda City with with my mom in back seat. Suprisingly I found Brezza more comfortable. The seating is more upright is Brezza while you have to recline in City which I guess isn't good for back. Ingress/egress is better in Brezza as well. Also bad patches of road also are more felt honda city (confirmed by my mom in back seat). Am I missing/gone wrong somewhere? Has anyone felt this way or I am the lone one with this reading?
I do agree the City's petrol motor is better than that of Brezza but Brezza's is not bad either.

Even I felt the same. But body rolling and cornering was better in honda city. The undulations in the roads felt in Honda city tad higher than Brezza / Urban cruiser.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hondacitytachometer244115.jpg

Hello,

I have tried searching in manual and on google, but could not find answers.

I have purchased 4th gen recently and this is what my instrument console looks like, as shown in the image : with White Lights around the Speedometer/Tachometer/Mid.

Most of the 4th gens have blue lights, is there a way to change this color to blue?