Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2014, 08:04   #706
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Can you please tell us which variant you drove? Diesel or Petrol? MT or CVT? More details please.
Only Diesel is available for test drive. Petrol (MT and CVT) will be available on in February (mostly end of February).
Old 30th January 2014, 13:49   #707
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

I just got my membership request approved and thank the moderators for making me part of this family. Being an avid follower of this forum all these years, the knowledge I've gained and something I'll continue to in automotive scene is mind boggling.

GTO,
Hats off on the detailed unbiased review. Extremely detailed and with all the minute details. Thank You.

I've been wanting to upgrade my i10 (which still runs perfectly) for couple of months. I was inclined towards Nissan Terrano (always wanted a SUV) but based on my requirements and after checking out the ANHC, I decided to go for the Honda. Reliability, ASS, Auto Transmission and sedan comfort were few things that influenced me to go for ANHC over Terrano.

I booked White ANHC CVT SV Variant and hoping for March delivery as per SA. 'V' variant in CVT would have been perfect ideally. Anyways, as EX-showroom of SV CVT variant is less then 10Lakhs, we end up saving on road tax in a city which has one of the highest RT in the country and we continue to have worst roads . For color, out of all of them we narrowed down to either white or black. However, I wasn't ready for the maintenance overhead for black car and the rear looks really neat on white ANHC and looks elegant overall so closed on White color.

Few upgrades I have decided for (some not possible) and needed some help as well for few:
- Changing to alloy rims (non Honda official)
- Upgrading Tyre to 195/60 immediately to get decent buy back value of OEM tyres. Apart from comfort, I'll add 3-4 mm to ground clearance as well. I've decided on Michelin Primacy 3 ST.
- Getting Art Leather for seats (light beige) (Non Honda)
- Reverse Parking sensors from Honda Official Accessory. I know they are expensive but somehow I've been happy with their work (cuts on bumpers) and they are body colored and work really well.
- Illuminated scuff plates. This I plan to get from outside. Can someone comment on if this may void the warranty as I'm always afraid when it is something to do with electric parts/wiring?
- Would have loved the upgrade to 5" display, but can live with the 3.5" one.

Last edited by neel911 : 30th January 2014 at 14:01.
Old 30th January 2014, 14:22   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Here are some feature differences that I could figure out based on a detailed comparison:
1. Space: City is more spacious
2. Climate Control
3. Front Passenger Airbag
4. Wheel: 15 inch Vs 14 on Amaze
5. Gears: 6 Vs 5 on Amaze
6. Upholstery: Premium Fabric
7. Cruise Control
8. NVH: Honda City noise levels are less compared to Amaze
9. Steering Mounted Controls + Bluetooth Support
10. Rear Defogger
11. Rear AC Vents
12. Shark Fin Antenna

Many of these you can definetely get as add-ons...also what the listing does not mention is the additional value of the Honda City brand...
Yes many can be add ons.
Saw a White city at a friends wedding for the first time yesterday. It look great imho. The chrome grill at front doesn't look so garish in person at least in white color. In terms of looks i believe its best in the segment. Ironically there was a bmw 3 series parked right next to it and one could see how much Honda has copied from its back including the shark fin antenna.
All in all i was impressed. Now waiting for a test drive by monday.
Old 30th January 2014, 14:44   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Only Diesel is available for test drive. Petrol (MT and CVT) will be available on in February (mostly end of February).
I called up Dakshin Honda's Field Sales Manager today and he mentioned that Petrol/CVT TD vehicles will be in next week. I just received a letter as well 2 days back from Dakshin, stating that my white ANHC CVT would be delivered sometime in March itself and the exact date would be communicated 1st week of March..basically giving heads up to work out on finance part
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 15:43   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I called up Dakshin Honda's Field Sales Manager today and he mentioned that Petrol/CVT TD vehicles will be in next week. I just received a letter as well 2 days back from Dakshin, stating that my white ANHC CVT would be delivered sometime in March itself and the exact date would be communicated 1st week of March..basically giving heads up to work out on finance part
Has anyone in Mumbai come across a similar situation? I called my SA yesterday and he still seemed clueless about the TD cars and the delivery dates. I even told him that my loan is approved but still he didn't budge from his stance.

On a lighter note, I got a call from my dealer for feedback. The lady actually asked me whether I have been told about the delivery date for my V-MT petrol. When I told her that I don't think anyone knows that yet, she responded by saying that's not possible! I was shocked at the lack of info which percolates down to the showroom teams
Old 30th January 2014, 20:52   #711
BHPian

I am told by two different Honda dealers from two different cities that petrol Honda City will be available for test drive from 10th Feb.
Old 30th January 2014, 21:52   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, as EX-showroom of SV CVT variant is less then 10Lakhs, we end up saving on road tax in a city which has one of the highest RT in the country and we continue to have worst roads .
I also had to think and re-think between the SV and V model since the RT for the V variant is more by 42K due to the high tax rates in Bangalore...
I finally decided to go with V variant...but do feel it is unfair compared to the prices in other places in the country...
Old 30th January 2014, 23:33   #713
BHPian

I visited the Honda dealer today to show my wife the car. They did not have the white color on display today (had gone to other showroom) but had the "Urban Titanium Metallic" SV model on display. This is the first time, I actually saw SV model and believe me, it does look very premium from inside inspite of not being the top end model. The 3.5" audio also does not look bad at all and sort of blends really well with the piano black base. I'm now not too sad of not having option of 'V' variant in CVT. My wife was def. taken back when she saw car...she totally loved it.

This cUTM olor also somehow looked really good on the ANHC....and now my wife is trying to convince me to get this color over White (she hasn't seen white yet) . This color did look pretty nice as well..not sure if it has to do with showroom lights and this shade also seems different than the similar one they used to give in the earlier generation Honda City. Any suggestions/inputs would really help me here so in case I need to update my booking, I'll do so right away (color change). Has anyone seen these both colors (UTM / TW) next to each other and if can give some comments ?

Also, has anyone tried taking insurance from outside. Honda Assure is around 35K in Bangalore for the CVT SV model. I checked at policy bazaar and Bharti AXA is giving the same policy (0 Dep, Bumper to Bumper) for 26K but I'm not sure how the experience with them would be in terms of claiming. Also, SAs have been pushing to buy Honda Assure insurance only. They say that it'll be easier to claim insurance ...something I do not buy into
Old 31st January 2014, 08:11   #714
BHPian

Quote:

Also, has anyone tried taking insurance from outside. Honda Assure is around 35K in Bangalore for the CVT SV model. I checked at policy bazaar and Bharti AXA is giving the same policy (0 Dep, Bumper to Bumper) for 26K but I'm not sure how the experience with them would be in terms of claiming. Also, SAs have been pushing to buy Honda Assure insurance only. They say that it'll be easier to claim insurance ...something I do not buy into
My quote from whitefiled honda says 28596 for insurance for SV CVT.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:34   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
My quote from whitefiled honda says 28596 for insurance for SV CVT.
That is the normal insurance. The 0% Dep Bumper to Bumer would be around 35K for Honda Assurance. You can check quote. In the pricing, they list both options next to each other.
Old 31st January 2014, 13:04   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions/inputs would really help me here so in case I need to update my booking, I'll do so right away (color change). Has anyone seen these both colors (UTM / TW) next to each other and if can give some comments ?
Magnum Honda allows change of color & variant easily - I am not sure if Dakshin Honda is also as flexible. As for the color, I would still recommend White mainly from a viewpoint of night time visibility for other vehicles rather than looks.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 15:03   #717
Senior - BHPian

The only City i have seen till now is in White and it looks amazing in it. Sadly i can't get it as already have a white car and don;t want same color on both. For people who are in confusion to get it or not i will highly recommend it.

So i was speaking to a member in another forum who just got his SV model delivered.
He informed me that Honda has told him fog lamps can only be installed in Emt model and no other models like S or SV can get it installed from dealer or outside. I want to confirm this information. Anyone?
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 16:02   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
So i was speaking to a member in another forum who just got his SV model delivered. He informed me that Honda has told him fog lamps can only be installed in Emt model and no other models like S or SV can get it installed from dealer or outside. I want to confirm this information. Anyone?
I have PMed you the contact details of a good SA from Whitefield Honda. You can call him and verify the same regarding the Fog Lamps.
Old 31st January 2014, 16:17   #719
BHPian

I'm not sure if this has been posted before. Honda has updated accessory list page here: https://hondacarindia.com/allnewcity...oriesMore.html . They have pictures for each of them...so gives a pretty good idea. They seem to have piano black interior panel switch which looks good as well.

I was planning to get the PVC Art Leather (perforated, plain light beige) for seats which seems to be around 8K as per Dakshin Honda accessory list. Any one aware how the quality is or should I have it installed after market? They have a picture for the various seat cover options on accessory page as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Magnum Honda allows change of color & variant easily - I am not sure if Dakshin Honda is also as flexible. As for the color, I would still recommend White mainly from a viewpoint of night time visibility for other vehicles rather than looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The only City i have seen till now is in White and it looks amazing in it.
Thanks for inputs folks. I just need to convince my wife...Whitefield Honda has one white model on display so hopefully after seeing, she'll be fine . According to me, the new extended rear would look really neat on white color.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 23:49   #720
Senior - BHPian

My friend took delivery of his white VX City, from Vision Honda, Kottayam, last Monday. When we reached the showroom at the appointed 1600 Hrs, the car was ready as promised and the delivery proceedings were spot on. I liked the tag on the drivers door handle indicating that this car is waiting for the proud owner.
As GTO had indicated in this review the height adjustable seat belt was sorely missed and another inconvenience was the need to stretch the fingers for the horn. Those with short fingers will have to take the hand off the wheel to honk.

Regarding the accessory part, this dealer had only the cheap transparent plastic floor mat and that too the universal one. We bought one though a bad fit only as a temporary measure to protect the beige carpet. This dealer has not even heard about 3D mats.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city-tag.jpg

Quote:
Thin tyres might be chosen for high ARAI ratings. Upgrade recommended for your safety:
This dealer stressed that tyre upgrade is not allowed as it will null the warranty.

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st February 2014 at 00:12.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks