Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-481.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by viXit (Post 5526859)
Hey man,
I want to install the same in my honda city,
Wanted to see the fitment once in person, can we meet up?

I'll PM you my contact

Sure, I’ll be glad to help you. share your contact number.:)

An unfortunate puncture has caused one of my stock tyres (Goodyear 175/65 R15) to become completely damaged. The tyres have run for 10k kms.

I am now considering upgrading all four tyres to 195/60 R15 instead of replacing the single tyre with the original 175 section. Although I had originally planned to upgrade the tyres after 20k kms, this incident has pushed me to make a decision sooner.

I understand I will be losing money here, so I am seeking advice on whether this is an unwise plan and I should rather stick to replacing the single tyre with the same 175 section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3t4ph0r1c (Post 5534314)
so I am seeking advice on whether this is an unwise plan and I should rather stick to replacing the single tyre with the same 175 section.

Option 1:
Replace front two tyres with the new ones. Front Old ones can be shifted to rear. Since one tyre is already damaged, the other one left in usable condition can be used as a spare.

Option 2:
If spare tyre in the boot is full sized and already used before, use it in place of damaged one but at the rear and get a used tyre in good condition to be used as a spare one.

Replacing all four isn’t a value for money option considering your City's tyres done just 10K KMs. Considerable tread must be left.

Quote:

An unfortunate puncture has caused one of my stock tyres (Goodyear 175/65 R15) to become completely damaged. The tyres have run for 10k kms.

I am now considering upgrading all four tyres to 195/60 R15 instead of replacing the single tyre with the original 175 section. Although I had originally planned to upgrade the tyres after 20k kms, this incident has pushed me to make a decision sooner.

I understand I will be losing money here, so I am seeking advice on whether this is an unwise plan and I should rather stick to replacing the single tyre with the same 175 section.

195s are fun. With this car discontinued, spruce it up and make it look desirable. You wanted to anyway.

Quote:

Goodyear tyres are total crap and you'd be better off upgrading before you run into issues with other tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_s_bajwa (Post 5534411)
Option 1:
Replace front two tyres with the new ones. Front Old ones can be shifted to rear. ..

As a general safety rule, if two tyres are being replaced instead of four, the newer tyres always need to be at the rear and the older tyres should be in the front.

The above may sound counter intuitive. The reason being it is easier to regain control if the front tyres slips but far difficult to regain control if the rear tyres loses traction and fishtails.

So always: better tyres go at the back :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4572157)

I have installed the illuminated door sills as well as part of my free accessories offer, they look fab - especially at night. Good choice of accessory. I had mine installed before the delivery itself.

Could you please share a picture?

I'm planning on picking this up for my car. Accumulating a lot of scratches otherwise

Hello,

Got an email from the Honda ASS saying that transmission oil for our Honda City Petrol CVT 2017 is due for replacement. "The CVT Oil replacement schedule for your vehicle is 2 years/ 40,000 km whichever is earlier."

Questions:

- Does the City CVT need CVT Oil replacement and if so, at what intervals? (Two years seems to be a rather short interval?)
- Can this be done at a reliable FNG rather than at an ASS?
Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adv (Post 5548577)
Hello,
- Does the City CVT need CVT Oil replacement and if so, at what intervals? (Two years seems to be a rather short interval?)
!

The CVT oil does need to be replaced. And as far as I know, it's very important to do so in any CVT-equipped vehicle. The CVT oil doesn't cost much to replace anyways. Attaching the invoice from my recent major service in which CVT oil was replaced.

City Major Service 2023.pdf

Hi there fellow members,

My first post over here and seeking the advice of the experts.

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Honda City 2014. Upon medium-hard braking, I could feel a jerk and vibration in my car.
Upon consulting with my local mechanic, he told me that the rotor discs need to be skimmed.

I did my own research before going ahead with the decision, and what he said, seemed to check out.
So I went ahead with the skimming, he further told me that the brake pads need to be replaced aswell (58k on the ODO) to which I agreed. He replaced the brake pads with TVS Girling brake pads (cost me ₹1350 + ₹200 labor). It has been almost 160 kms since the replacement but I feel that the biting point of the brake has gone down. I waited to test it until 100-150 kms mark because I was told that the brake needs to be settled in and hence I did, but I do not notice any better braking point than the earlier brake pads.

What should be done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by beermoney_ (Post 5554256)
Hi there fellow members,

My first post over here and seeking the advice of the experts.

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Honda City 2014. Upon medium-hard braking, I could feel a jerk and vibration in my car.
Upon consulting with my local mechanic, he told me that the rotor discs need to be skimmed....

What should be done?

There could also be the quality of the new brake pad which affect how you feel in terms of braking. I had a similar instance in my City earlier last year (I was feeling a juddering on steering when I used to brake from ~90 to 100 kmph) and I did skimmed the discs and changed the pads (Bosch), it took some time to bed in and later on became quite good.

I would suggest take it out on a highway drive and let the brakes bed in properly

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEMatters (Post 5554599)
There could also be the quality of the new brake pad which affect how you feel in terms of braking. I had a similar instance in my City earlier last year (I was feeling a juddering on steering when I used to brake from ~90 to 100 kmph) and I did skimmed the discs and changed the pads (Bosch), it took some time to bed in and later on became quite good.

I would suggest take it out on a highway drive and let the brakes bed in properly

How many kms did it take for you before the brake finally settled in?
I have driven about about 150 kms so far (90-100 kms was highway drive - 4 lane so the drive wasn’t very highway like haha)

Do you recommend trying it out for 1-2 more highway drives before I take it to the mechanic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by beermoney_ (Post 5554611)
How many kms did it take for you before the brake finally settled in?
I have driven about about 150 kms so far..
Do you recommend trying it out for 1-2 more highway drives before I take it to the mechanic?

I think it took around 200 to 300 kms to settle in, but to each of its own.

One more thing to check could be the grease used on the calipers, I did it from the Bosch service guys and they have not used the silicon grease on the calipers, leading to sticking of the calipers, which I got rectified during service at Honda dealership.

I drive a TATA harrier as my primary car. Picked up 2014 dec honda city cvt as my secondary car for 5.35.

Car is single owner. Regularly serviced at asc with full service history. No accident. Recently repainted by honda asc. Car looks brand new.

1. Is it a fair price?
2. It has a caska head unit and I want to replace it with something modern with carplay. Any suggestions?
3. What to look out for in terms of Issue or should I get it checked at asc. Service history says annual periodic service was completed last month.
4. As its a 9 year old car without warranty, what service interval should I stick to.
Thanks in Advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackMambaXX (Post 5559591)
I drive a TATA harrier as my primary car. Picked up 2014 dec honda city cvt as my secondary car for 5.35.
Car is single owner. Regularly serviced at asc with full service history. No accident. Recently repainted by honda asc. Car looks brand new.
1. Is it a fair price?
2. It has a caska head unit and I want to replace it with something modern with carplay. Any suggestions?
3. What to look out for in terms of Issue or should I get it checked at asc. Service history says annual periodic service was completed last month.
4. As its a 9 year old car without warranty, what service interval should I stick to.
Thanks in Advance.

1. 5 should be a great price. But Spinny and the general used market has driven prices up.
4. 10k interval is fine if monthly usage is below 1200kms. Also, change CVT fluid at 20k kms.