Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-50.html)

How much is the current waiting period for Diesel SV in NCR region?

Hi all, any update on the petrol vehicles? I asked my SA yesterday and he was as clueless as ever. However, he mentioned to get the finance paper work started. Upon prodding, he didn't divulge any details and hence am wondering if other to-be petrol owners have got any other updates which might indicate a possible delivery date?

Avdhesh

I just test drove a diesel city today since the petrol version is still not available. The first batch of petrol is expected to arrive in Trivandrum on March 1st week as per the sales guy. There can be a waiting period for petrol city in the range of 3 to 4 months from the booking date. Diesel is readily available.

I'm very much impressed with the car's interiors. The diesel engine sound is audible in the cabin but for me it was in an acceptable range. The steering response and handling is predictable and confident on sharp curves. The rear camera is a good add.

Need to test drive the petrol next month and my mind is now set on the VMT (Manual) version and the SVCVT (Automatic) version.

I went to pick up my CVT booking receipt from my dealer yesterday and had a chance to test drive the diesel VX.

There were a few things that struck me immediately:
The noise of the i-DTEC engine in the cabin was intrusive and surprisingly loud. Coming from a silent and refined Honda petrol, the diesel was the complete opposite and almost agricultural.

It wasn't easy for me to get a comfortable seating position - low was too low and high was too high. I guess a mid setting would suit me the best, unlike my present car were I set the driver seat height to its lowest.

The car felt a little longer and bigger to handle in traffic, compared with my City Gxi.

The diesel engine is very tractable with no turbo lag. Very i-DSI like in its driving feel. The quad headlights are nice and provide more illumination than previous generations.

I finally managed to find one White ANHC in Whitefield Honda. Seems that they have only 2 White models in entire Bangalore :). Anyways, I had to convince my wife for White over UTM color. But when she saw the white, she herself agreed to go for White over UTM. The car looked somehow bigger and sharper in White. There was an Amaze next to it with UTM color so it was kind of easy to compare the colors. The rear blends so well with White and I agree to all previous posts. The chrome grill does not look garish at all at least on white.

Somehow I feel that the quality of SA has gone down at Honda. I believe they have the regular SA and then Senior SA (as per business card). I've got very lame answers whenever I've spoken to regular/junior SA. I was just generally mentioning that the tyres are so skinny on ANHC and she was like that sir, since you're interested in CVT and which is petrol engine, they may come with different tyre size :Frustrati . Only after the car comes, we can validate the tyre size. I'm not sure if this is to do with lack of proper training or just not getting right people for job. I would recommend everyone to speak to either the SA manager or Senior SA to get proper answers.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3359533)
Thanks Chetan, I was not aware of this and this is definitely a very useful post for me. I will start to check on this process.

Hi pdma,
You need not go elsewhere to know the detailed process. Here is a link which explains the process in detail :). A beautiful thread started by our mod Ajmat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3359933)
Hi GTO & Other Reviewers,

I'm back to Team BHP seeking help from the mind blowing reviews after a gap of 4 years.
...now it's time for me to look for a newer car and has rounded to two:

Ford Ecosport
Honda City 2014

Test Driven a Ford Ecosport top end diesel and was impressed with the power and handling (compared to accent lol) but seriously didn't like the hard clutch (probably because of a demo car). No petrol ecosport available for a test drive. Requested the sales guy for one please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3359991)
Hello Adarsh,
If you are looking for more safety features and more electronic Gizmos then Ecosport it is (Titanium O).
In terms of reliability and after sales both Honda and Ford are pretty good.
Ford has come a long way and has gradually gained on customer satisfaction whereas Honda did not have any major issues around this area all through their tenure in India. Bottom line as on today both manufactures have good credits.
I guess there is a long wait list for Ecosport (hope it is smaller for petrol versions) and Honda is planing to deliver its first petrol versions by March.

Hi Adarsh,
Think twice before booking an EcoSport. It is a pretty good vehicle but the attitude of Ford towards Indian customers is the thing to worry. People are already waiting for more than 8-9 months for the delivery. The torrid tale is documented in this link.

Checked out the New Honda City over the weekend at Magnum Motors near Mekhri circle. I was impressed overall with the looks and felt the front grill is not as garish as it looks in the pictures.

The dealership experience was not that great. I had to ask to be assigned a SA and he was not well versed with the car and booking procedures. I am not sure if the quality of SA's has gone down or given the number of bookings and queries for the new City, they dont care anymore.

To cut the story short, Magnum Honda is quoting a waiting period of 3 months for the Diesel models and is not as yet willing to give a waiting period for the petrol CVT model. Anybody who has booked from Magnum Honda, has been quoted a similar waiting period?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsdbsd (Post 3357101)
Can you please tell us which variant you drove? Diesel or Petrol? MT or CVT? More details please.

VX diesel version ( with the so called sound proof insulation in the windshiel )! I am waiting for the petrol TD and will go for the petrol version if I find it VFM!

I have booked SV CVT, C. Red colour with Southend Honda last Friday. The SA has no clue about the delivery and entered in the contract as "As per Delivery Schedule". I am replacing my existing i10 Sports AT. Though I was looking forward to the Grand i10-based sedan that may be announce tomorrow(?), I made up my mind to go with ANHC. I hope to get it sometime in April!!
I could spot a Silver VX Diesel one on the roads of south delhi, it really rocks!!

Just heard from some one, who I hope to God is wrong, that Honda is going to increase prices of the City. I called up the SA at Ring Road Honda, who neither denied or accepted it. He said that prices are introductory and they are bound to increase. When I asked about protection of preexisting bookings, he was not sure as official word is not out.

Now I have booked the car on the 11th of January and opted for the Petrol one, my only question, how can a car, which is not even launched have a price rise?.

Has any one else heard anything similar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by narsi_6989 (Post 3360947)
Hi pdma,
You need not go elsewhere to know the detailed process. Here is a link which explains the process in detail :). A beautiful thread started by our mod Ajmat.

Thanks for that narsi,

Yes somehow it did not cross my mind to check within team bhp. Good that you pointed this out which has proven again that the forum itself is an encyclopedia.I will go through the link in leisure.

cheers,
pdma

:Cheering: I got the New Honda city iDTEC V-MT Silver Colour delivered today from Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road. The Manager at DH, Lavelle Road told me that this is the first new Honda City to roll out from the Lavelle Road DH Showroom clap:

If the sales of the ANHC continue as per the recent press release, then I guess Honda might increase the prices for both Amaze and City might go up...But I doubt them increasing it so soon...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3361525)
:Cheering: I got the New Honda city iDTEC V-MT Silver Colour delivered today from Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road. The Manager at DH, Lavelle Road told me that this is the first new Honda City to roll out from the Lavelle Road DH Showroom clap:

Congratulations :) wishing you many years of driving on your new car. Looking forward for initial ownership feedback but I'm sure it'll be nothing short of pure satisfaction and bliss

Quote:

If the sales of the ANHC continue as per the recent press release, then I guess Honda might increase the prices for both Amaze and City might go up...But I doubt them increasing it so soon...

Here comes the second car on Team BHP. Many congratulations !!!. Looking forward for a good write up as soon as you find sometime.
Yes as pointed out earlier by eq24 I also see a possibility of Honda pushing the prices up gradually trying to cash on the popularity and taking the unethical path of Ford.

Quote:

To add, which tyres were you provided with (manufacturer) and are you planning to upgrade tyres immediately ? I'll share the details of the SA at Dakshin as well who did confirm that upsizing tyres will not void Honda warranty.