Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-74.html)

While on my way to work, I happened to stop by at a Honda dealer to check the waiting time on CVT models. Dealer had a SV CVT being prepared for delivery and I decided to checkout interiors of SV model. I noticed that there were no paddle shifters on this model and on checking with a senior SA, I learned that SV CVT model does not come with paddle shifters.

I don’t remember reading anywhere that SV CVT does not come with paddle shifters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda (Post 3385615)
While on my way to work, I happened to stop by at a Honda dealer to check the waiting time on CVT models. Dealer had a SV CVT being prepared for delivery and I decided to checkout interiors of SV model. I noticed that there were no paddle shifters on this model and on checking with a senior SA, I learned that SV CVT model does not come with paddle shifters.

I don’t remember reading anywhere that SV CVT does not come with paddle shifters.

Well that's a shocking surprise. I believe SV CVT model has paddle shifters. SE has also told the same thing. Need to check the official website.

Quote:

Shocking.

Are you sure it is a "city". I know Amaze automatic does not have paddle shift.

If there is differences between variants, they have to mention in the brochure.

Update: Just now talked to SA of Whitefield Honda. She says that paddle-shift is not available in SV as she delivered one car. However, she told she will check again with delivery team and confirm back.

If it is true, it is a sad news and Honda is cheating us.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 3385644)
Well that's a shocking surprise. I believe SV CVT model has paddle shifters. SE has also told the same thing. Need to check the official website.

This would be a big deal breaker for SV CVT potential owners if true :Shockked:. This is one of the major features in Honda Automatic City and I'm sure that they would have highlighted it in their brochure/variant comparison if it was so.

I just called up Dakshin's SA manager and he wasn't 100% sure on this. He is going to check and get back. Fingers crossed.

I had booked a SV CVT and was expecting delivery soon. After discovery about paddle shifters, I called my SA and he confirmed that SV CVT does not have paddle shifters.

I believe even the sales team is not educated on this as my SA had to go up the chain to get confirmation. Too bad Honda!

I have cancelled my booking for SV CVT model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda (Post 3385735)
I had booked a SV CVT and was expecting delivery soon. After discovery about paddle shifters, I called my SA and he confirmed that SV CVT does not have paddle shifters.

I believe even the sales team is not educated on this as my SA had to go up the chain to get confirmation. Too bad Honda!

I have cancelled my booking for SV CVT model.

I am also expecting my SV CVT. Since you confirmed that it is without paddle shift, I am seriously thinking about my booking.

I don't want to spend 2 lacs more for a VX CVT. I compromised lot of features for automatic. I liked V variant. I don't think it is worth to go for automatic without paddle shift. Let me talk to my better half and look for alternatives.

That is bad news guys. Honda should have done a better job of listing out the features for each of the variants. They don't seem to have called out the Paddle Shifters on the Variants page of the website for the CVT at all...:deadhorse

Grades

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3385755)
I am also expecting my SV CVT. Since you confirmed that it is without paddle shift, I am seriously thinking about my booking.

I don't want to spend 2 lacs more for a VX CVT. I compromised lot of features for automatic. I liked V variant. I don't think it is worth to go for automatic without paddle shift. Let me talk to my better half and look for alternatives.

Isn't this like cheating customers? Only when all paper work is done and you are ready to take delivery, you get this shock of having no paddle shifters and no mention of the same anywhere. I'm in same boat now. My budget would not allow me to go for VX CVT and I really want to buy Automatic car. I hope the TD CVT vehicles come soon so this can be tested: driving in S mode without paddle shifters. If not satisfied, maybe I'll have to cancel my booking as well and go for Vento TSI DSG Automatic

Shame on Honda :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3385778)
Isn't this like cheating customers? Only when all paper work is done and you are ready to take delivery, you get this shock of having no paddle shifters and no mention of the same anywhere. I'm in same boat now. My budget would not allow me to go for VX CVT and I really want to buy Automatic car. I hope the TD CVT vehicles come soon so this can be tested: driving in S mode without paddle shifters. If not satisfied, maybe I'll have to cancel my booking as well and go for Vento TSI DSG Automatic

Shame on Honda :Frustrati

Checked the specifications on the website and I find no mention of paddle shifts anywhere.
Did Honda promised it that they will give it on SV CVT and didnt? If no then I dont think its cheating since we just assumed they will be there.
Also I am not sure this is such a deal breaker.
I am sure there would be a manual shift mode just like vento TSI where the paddle shifts are missing as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyro (Post 3385800)
Checked the specifications on the website and I find no mention of paddle shifts anywhere.
Did Honda promised it that they will give it on SV CVT and didnt? If no then I dont think its cheating since we just assumed they will be there.
Also I am not sure this is such a deal breaker.
I am sure there would be a manual shift mode just like vento TSI where the paddle shifts are missing as well

If Honda is not giving paddle shifters in any CVT variant and if there is no mention of same as well, I agree that Honda is not at a fault. In marketing material, Honda has clearly highlighted the presence of paddle shifters. Now if they are not going to give the same in a particular CVT variant, it is their duty to highlight the same in the variants comparison page. I'm not sure if you have looked at the official brochure where they have gone to minute details for any difference present across variants and so hiding this omission in SV CVT variant in my opinion is cheating. I'm sure that each and every customer would get a shock when they receive SV CVT model and if they have not been made aware of this. Lot of times, the TD vehicles are top end so you will not be able to make out there as well and rely on the brochures to get an idea of what you are getting into.

Whether a deal breaker or not, will depend from person to person, something I agree. The rubber band effect in CVT transmissions is always there and if you read the reviews, they clearly mention that though Honda has done a good job in reducing rubber band effect, the paddle shifters are a boon in getting around that problem. The best part is, most of SA are not even aware of this omission in SV CVT.

Deliveries of CVT's started in Hyderabad. The first CVT silver was delivered yesterday from pride honda in silver color. The SA is getting on my nerves now, he promised me a delivery by March 1st week and yesterday on an encounter with the manager he says I can only get the car by June! It was a phone conversation so couldn't argue or do anything about it

'Sir who on earth has promised you a one month delivery, city minimum delivery is 6 months' getting frustrated with these guys and their false promises. Out of all this I even see the deliveries if CVT taking place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3385815)
If Honda is not giving paddle shifters in any CVT variant and if there is no mention of same as well, I agree that Honda is not at a fault. In marketing material, Honda has clearly highlighted the presence of paddle shifters. Now if they are not going to give the same in a particular CVT variant, it is their duty to highlight the same in the variants comparison page. I'm not sure if you have looked at the official brochure where they have gone to minute details for any difference present across variants and so hiding this omission in SV CVT variant in my opinion is cheating. I'm sure that each and every customer would get a shock when they receive SV CVT model and if they have not been made aware of this. Lot of times, the TD vehicles are top end so you will not be able to make out there as well and rely on the brochures to get an idea of what you are getting into.

Whether a deal breaker or not, will depend from person to person, something I agree. The rubber band effect in CVT transmissions is always there and if you read the reviews, they clearly mention that though Honda has done a good job in reducing rubber band effect, the paddle shifters are a boon in getting around that problem. The best part is, most of SA are not even aware of this omission in SV CVT.

Just checked one CVT pic and yes there is no manual mode on it. So basically in SV trim there is no manual mode at all. This can be a deal breaker

@feroz_009- Those alloys looks wicked. Why couldn't Honda give them as a standard fitment?
Do post a pic when your rear spoiler gets installed and how much it costed you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3385863)
@feroz_009- Those alloys looks wicked. Why couldn't Honda give them as a standard fitment?
Do post a pic when your rear spoiler gets installed and how much it costed you?

Spoiler should be around 9.5K I believe.

Also, have a look at this video as well to get a feel of how spoiler would look on White Honda City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl3yyZFWga0

Does anybody have an idea if the skirting would create a ground clearance problem! The skirting looks so royal in/on white shade!!