Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-79.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3388075)
Need some inputs on Honda Official Reverse Parking Sensor.
I have 2 options:
- Paint them white and have it installed and hope they continue to work as expected

They will work properly even after getting painted. In fact, having black spots all over a white bumper might not be pleasing to the eyes. Have the white painted sensors and they work properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3388075)
- Also, I believe, holes need to be drilled on bumper to install them and this is something I'm not too sure how the quality of the finish would be after market.

Yes, holes will be drilled. The drill bit that is supposed to be used for this purpose, is part of each sensor package box itself hence needn't worry about the quality of the finish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3388290)
Yes, the sensors are part of Honda accessory list. Price is 5400. I will get them from dealer itself as getting them from outside has a huge risk of voiding the warranty.
For LED scuff plates I really want to know if the previous generation City and this one has same dimensions in that area. If it is then the same can be fitted easily. Plus point in getting them from outside is that all 4 doors will get illuminated ones where Honda is giving LED for only front doors. Fitting is easy through the dome light and any good accessory guy can do it.

Spoiler I will wait and try to find a local accessory shop, otherwise I will procure it from the importer and get them fitted here.

Mine is also SV model so do keep me posted whatever modifications you do which will be quite helpful to me and others.
Delivery of my car is in April so near that I will do a complete survey of all accessory shops in Karolbagh and will post my findings here.

I called up the accessory manager and he mentioned that he does not know who manufactures the sensors for Honda if it is outsourced but they are part of official list. He is going to check with Honda on body colored sensors and get back. I really prefer getting it installed from them, but when you are paying a premium and if painting them white voids warranty, then it does not help much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathlal (Post 3388308)
They will work properly even after getting painted. In fact, having black spots all over a white bumper might not be pleasing to the eyes. Have the white painted sensors and they work properly.

Yes, holes will be drilled. The drill bit that is supposed to be used for this purpose, is part of each sensor package box itself hence needn't worry about the quality of the finish.

True. If I'm getting it installed, it'll be white for sure. When it comes to drilling on a 10Lakh+ car, I do not mind paying premium to Honda to get it done. Painting them white according to accessory manager will match the bumper color but will void warranty and so I'm in 2 minds now.

EDIT: I called up another dealer: Magnum Honda. I spoke to accessory manager there. He told that they come in black only and if I get them painted white, they will not work properly (sensitivity/ability to detect obstacles will reduce). From Dakshin, as the warranty will be void if I paint them white, I may not be able to fight with Honda as well if the sensitivity does decrease.

Hi,

Am seriously contemplating E MT. Had nearly finalized Swift Zxi. But the newer swift petrol feels too sluggish. I have not driven the City petrol ( not available for TD ) but 0-100 times of around 10 secs in auto mags look very attractive.

E MT does not come with an audio system. I just checked the official accessories list, does not have an audio system either.

Wondering if the dealer ( Whitefield Honda ) will install an after market audio system without voiding the warranty ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3388342)
....EDIT: I called up another dealer: Magnum Honda. I spoke to accessory manager there. He told that they come in black only and if I get them painted white, they will not work properly (sensitivity/ability to detect obstacles will reduce). From Dakshin, as the warranty will be void if I paint them white, I may not be able to fight with Honda as well if the sensitivity does decrease.

More than warranty issues, it's the problem with sensitivity. No one usually paints the black sensors citing the same reason.

Quote:

....True. If I'm getting it installed, it'll be white for sure. When it comes to drilling on a 10Lakh+ car, I do not mind paying premium to Honda to get it done...

Why dont you try to source (painted) after market stuff and then get it installed from Honda? Red Soul will have painted ones. May be you can try Xenos, Auto cop etc as well.

Hey guys,

So I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had booked a VX-MT iDETC Silver Color Honda City. (in New Delhi)

Now this booking was made around end of December, 2013. And to my surprise, I have still not received the car! Its already been over 2 and half months. The dealership did not even contact and talk to me over the course of time and on the contrary "I" was calling them and inquiring about my car. Then when I got them on the phone, they said that the VX models are not coming in numbers. There is more demand for the lower-mid level variants and only like 3-4 VX models are coming to them per month.

So this means that the dealership where I booked say that from January 2014 till March 2014, they have only got 12 VX models in different colors. And that my booking number is 5 and they have already allotted 2 cars for March. Which means that even IF 2 more VX models come in April (and pray to god SILVER is the color of these two) I will still not get it in April.
Result: Waiting period of over 4 months. :Frustrati

I'm surprised at this and even called up Honda directly and spoke to their customer care and they were like "Sir, please leave your name, number and e-mail and I will forward this to the person in-charge". Then the dealership calls me a few minutes later and when I explain the situation I'm in, they say that I should wait till next month and they will "try" their best to deliver the car to me.

So all in all, things are not looking good and I was really excited about getting this baby.

Anyone with any suggestions on what I should do ? And has anyone else been in or is in this situation? I am on the brink of cancelling this booking. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 3388383)
Wondering if the dealer ( Whitefield Honda ) will install an after market audio system without voiding the warranty ?

Audio system can never void the warranty. I'll be surprised if Dealer/Honda says so. If you are going for after market one, you can check with other shops as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3388401)
More than warranty issues, it's the problem with sensitivity. No one usually paints the black sensors citing the same reason.

Why dont you try to source (painted) after market stuff and then get it installed from Honda? Red Soul will have painted ones. May be you can try Xenos, Auto cop etc as well.

Are they available at any online shop? With respect to sensitivity, any guidance on which ones would be good? I'm not keep at all on having a display (for distance) along with sensor. Just need the beeping sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan (Post 3388447)
Hey guys,

So I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had booked a VX-MT iDETC Silver Color Honda City. (in New Delhi)

Now this booking was made around end of December, 2013. And to my surprise, I have still not received the car! Its already been over 2 and half months. The dealership did not even contact and talk to me over the course of time and on the contrary "I" was calling them and inquiring about my car. Then when I got them on the phone, they said that the VX models are not coming in numbers. There is more demand for the lower-mid level variants and only like 3-4 VX models are coming to them per month.

So this means that the dealership where I booked say that from January 2014 till March 2014, they have only got 12 VX models in different colors. And that my booking number is 5 and they have already allotted 2 cars for March. Which means that even IF 2 more VX models come in April (and pray to god SILVER is the color of these two) I will still not get it in April.
Result: Waiting period of over 4 months. :Frustrati

I'm surprised at this and even called up Honda directly and spoke to their customer care and they were like "Sir, please leave your name, number and e-mail and I will forward this to the person in-charge". Then the dealership calls me a few minutes later and when I explain the situation I'm in, they say that I should wait till next month and they will "try" their best to deliver the car to me.

So all in all, things are not looking good and I was really excited about getting this baby.

Anyone with any suggestions on what I should do ? And has anyone else been in or is in this situation? I am on the brink of cancelling this booking. :(

Did you try going there personally and escalate it to Manager/MD? When you go there in person and raise your voice, they may fall in line.

Honda support is useless. I'm not sure if they have an escalation path, else calling the toll free number is not going to help at all. They will just forward your request to dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3388517)
...Are they available at any online shop? With respect to sensitivity, any guidance on which ones would be good? I'm not keep at all on having a display (for distance) along with sensor. Just need the beeping sound...

I am NOT too sure of the availability in online shops. You could search for Red Soul and they even come to your door steps. You should be able to choose the type you want.

Quote:

...Then the dealership calls me a few minutes later and when I explain the situation I'm in, they say that I should wait till next month and they will "try" their best to deliver the car to me.

So all in all, things are not looking good and I was really excited about getting this baby...

You should try and get the color of all cars delivered till now and also the color choices of people who booked before you. They mostly will deny this if they have done some wrongdoing; but you can put some pressure thru the customer care.

If dealer is denying the details, please try to get the same details from customer care. Mind you, this is going to be a tedious job; but may keep you busy for a month.

Quote:

...Anyone with any suggestions on what I should do ? And has anyone else been in or is in this situation? I am on the brink of cancelling this booking. :(

There is nothing much that can be done since this is a new car and in demand. If you offer to cancel your booking, they most probably will be happy to oblige.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3388517)
Audio system can never void the warranty. I'll be surprised if Dealer/Honda says so. If you are going for after market one, you can check with other shops as well

Are they available at any online shop? With respect to sensitivity, any guidance on which ones would be good? I'm not keep at all on having a display (for distance) along with sensor. Just need the beeping sound.

Did you try going there personally and escalate it to Manager/MD? When you go there in person and raise your voice, they may fall in line.

Honda support is useless. I'm not sure if they have an escalation path, else calling the toll free number is not going to help at all. They will just forward your request to dealer.

Well, so far I haven't gone there personally, but even if I do go there and wreak havoc (sort of..) if they don't have the cars then there's really no end result. (And to be honest, I'm really not fond of creating a scene)
They are just going to tell me to wait till first week of April when the allocation of cars from Honda to this dealership will come in.

I've never owned a Honda before and from all the reviews from my buddies, relatives, and from Team-BHP members, no one ever seems to have any complaints against Honda.(chilled out company and all)
But somehow I guess this time I drew the short straw!

swiftnfurious
I will definitely try to get the details as you have mentioned.
Because frankly speaking, since Honda has introduced the VX model in their line-up and their Feb sales is 7184 units (https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediac...aspx?pr_id=298) that means there HAS to be more VX models being sold per month than just 3-4.

For this when I did tell threaten them that I would cancel my booking, they reacted in the opposite way. They were apologetic and told me that they would try their best to supply it to me in April.

Quote:

Hey guys,

It's not dealers fault. He is right. Honda is manufacturing very less V and VX models. Around 3-4 received by every dealership every month. Sv, S and E are the ones produced more. Precisely the reason i didn't go for V as it has 4-5 months waiting.

I will suggest as you have waited this long don't give up. Pressurize the dealer by going there in person and continuous calls so things can speed up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3388561)
It's not dealers fault. He is right. Honda is manufacturing very less V and VX models. Around 3-4 received by every dealership every month. Sv, S and E are the ones produced more. Precisely the reason i didn't go for V as it has 4-5 months waiting.

I will suggest as you have waited this long don't give up. Pressurize the dealer by going there in person and continuous calls so things can speed up.

Thanks. Yeah I think I'm gonna have to make a few rounds of the dealership and try to speed things up (if that's even possible!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan (Post 3388565)
Thanks. Yeah I think I'm gonna have to make a few rounds of the dealership and try to speed things up (if that's even possible!)

It appears the dealer is being honest as we have heard this before on this thread on the lack of V/VX Variants. Go a few levels up within the dealership and let them know your concerns. After one or two personal visits, the phone calls will work better as well. There is hope for you since Silver and Red are the most common colors based on what my SA told and should be available faster than any other color. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3384514)
RED RAMBO is a V-MT i-Vtec (bad internet connection which resulted in post being incomplete)

Please see my initial ownership review here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...elian-red.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3388599)
Please see my initial ownership review here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...elian-red.html

Looks like its still in the Assembly Line, you need to check with the MODS on moving it.

Quote:

EDIT: I called up another dealer: Magnum Honda. I spoke to accessory manager there. He told that they come in black only and if I get them painted white, they will not work properly (sensitivity/ability to detect obstacles will reduce). From Dakshin, as the warranty will be void if I paint them white, I may not be able to fight with Honda as well if the sensitivity does decrease.

This is correct , even I got this info from Dakshin Honda , Hosur Road Bangalore.

Well guys, there is another option :
if you have seen a higher version V onwards , the camera is placed just above the number plate and just beneath the chrome beading. This is a very nice place , its hidden and it also doesnt require you to drill any holes in the bumper. The color obviously makes no difference here.Inside the cabin you would need to have an additional display unit placed on the far left side on the dash. I have personally seen the dumb setup and setting looks good to me.