Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-80.html)

Noticed a trend wrt tires

The CVT is defintiely getting Michelin XM1 shoes while it's random for other variants. Did anyone notice this ?!

Hi all, With latest reports from IAB it is confirmed that within a couple of months of it's launch the 2014 Honda City has outsold the former segment king, the Hyundai Verna.

After being launched in the first week of January this year, Honda has announced that 7,184 units of the new City left showrooms in January while 7,213 units were delivered in February. In contrast, Hyundai sold only 3,803 units and 3,342 units of the Verna for the respective first two months of 2014.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/03/2...i-verna-124637

Thanks

AD

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3388075)
Need some inputs on Honda Official Reverse Parking Sensor.

I have booked White SV CVT. Honda earlier used to provide body coloured sensors. The person managing the accessory division however mentioned that Honda used to get complaints and so now they are only giving in Black colour reverse sensors. It is prices for about 6.5K. ( 5.5K )

After reading this, I was checking other white cars in random. Noticed that Verna and vento provides factory fitted parking sensors. They are providing white color for white cars and it looks perfectly integrated.

Why Honda is not providing body colored sensors when you can find many suppliers in ebay provides body colored sensors.

So SA Manager called me yesterday regarding allotment of my car :). I was in 2 minds whether to defer/cancel or take the risk of going for it without test driving SV CVT. Trust on Honda (exception to recent goof up on padle shifters) and my family's desire to go for this car and finally not having much options in this range for Automatic sedan, I decided to take plunge and go for the car.

I've sticked to the same color: White SV CVT. The delivery should happen next week.

Few things:
- I've gone for Honda Assure Insurance. I've asked them for National Insurance though and they agreed to it. I had them for my i10 and was very happy with them. Please let me know if any other provider is recommended over National. It's still Honda Assure only so may not matter but the reason I went for National is that in future I can negotiate on pricing as they give discounts to employees for the company I work for
- SA manager will call me once the car reaches their dock for the tyre manufacturer. I've decided to go for Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60R15 for now either ways.
- Finalized on following accessories: Floor mats, Illuminated Scuff plates, Parking sensors
- I'll be upgrading tyres to Michelin Primacy 3ST (may go for XM2) 195/60R15
- I'll be moving to alloys (after market)
- Will be getting art leather seat cover (after market)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3387972)
Thanks, I'm going to test drive a Vento TSI with my family seated in the back. If the rear seat is ok for my family, i might well go for Vento only.

Vento TSI Extended warranty is available now. 2 years extended warranty at a staggering price of Rs 41,000. This is just plain ridiculous. Also, I believe this does not include Road side assistance and you have to pay an additional 2-3K for the same. Please be aware of this if going for Vento TSI.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3388680

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3388401)
More than warranty issues, it's the problem with sensitivity. No one usually paints the black sensors citing the same reason.

Why dont you try to source (painted) after market stuff and then get it installed from Honda? Red Soul will have painted ones. May be you can try Xenos, Auto cop etc as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3388998)
After reading this, I was checking other white cars in random. Noticed that Verna and vento provides factory fitted parking sensors. They are providing white color for white cars and it looks perfectly integrated.

Why Honda is not providing body colored sensors when you can find many suppliers in ebay provides body colored sensors.

So I had spoken to the manager to talk to Honda about getting warranty voided if painted white. I visited him personally in evening. To my relief, this is update I got:

The expensive Honda Genuine ones: Rs 6500 can be matched to body colour (either painted/comes in the same color). No loss of sensitivity and it will be covered by Honda's warranty. So that takes care of sensors issue. I'm sure if there would have been loss of sensitivity, the warranty would have been voided.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3388584)
It appears the dealer is being honest as we have heard this before on this thread on the lack of V/VX Variants. Go a few levels up within the dealership and let them know your concerns. After one or two personal visits, the phone calls will work better as well. There is hope for you since Silver and Red are the most common colors based on what my SA told and should be available faster than any other color. :thumbs up

I visited Dakshin yesterday and they had like 6 Honda City in their showroom (including TD/ready for delivery). They were all diesel and either SV/V. I spoke to sales manager and he mentioned that Honda is hardly making VX models and so there is a huge backlog and he has to take brunt from VX customers every day :). Maybe Honda thought that only a small population will pay a premium for top end model.
They also had a modified Dealer Edition Honda City E Diesel but nothing exciting so did not take pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by yes-anonymous (Post 3388753)
This is correct , even I got this info from Dakshin Honda , Hosur Road Bangalore.

Well guys, there is another option :
if you have seen a higher version V onwards , the camera is placed just above the number plate and just beneath the chrome beading. This is a very nice place , its hidden and it also doesnt require you to drill any holes in the bumper. The color obviously makes no difference here.Inside the cabin you would need to have an additional display unit placed on the far left side on the dash. I have personally seen the dumb setup and setting looks good to me.

Agree on the nice placement. I'm somehow not too keen on camera. Sound warning is really important for me. But based on my above comments, I'll be getting white sensors from Honda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yes-anonymous (Post 3388771)
Noticed a trend wrt tires

The CVT is defintiely getting Michelin XM1 shoes while it's random for other variants. Did anyone notice this ?!

I hope I get Michelin for my SV CVT :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3389140)
The delivery should happen next week.

Congrats and we will await a ownership report from your side clap:
Did you try any negotiation with respect to Handling Charges?

Quote:

Few things:
- I've gone for Honda Assure Insurance. I've asked them for National Insurance though and they agreed to it.

Mine is Honda Assure that came with ICICI Lombard.

Quote:

I hope I get Michelin for my SV CVT :)

Good Luck! You definitely get better re-sale value from a Mich.

Just took delivery of my iDTEC - V MT - Silver colour. Looks good and drives good. MID showed 13.3kmpl when I took delivery and ended at 16.9kmpl when I reached home. Thats pretty cool. Had to adjust seat and steering a bit to find a comfortable driving position though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 3389631)
Just took delivery of my iDTEC - V MT - Silver colour. Looks good and drives good. MID showed 13.3kmpl when I took delivery and ended at 16.9kmpl when I reached home. Thats pretty cool. Had to adjust seat and steering a bit to find a comfortable driving position though.

Congratulations and wish you many happy miles with your new car!

Couple of questions:
What is the OTR in Chennai?
How do you find the NVH characteristics so far?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chncar (Post 3389634)
Congratulations and wish you many happy miles with your new car!

Couple of questions:
What is the OTR in Chennai?
How do you find the NVH characteristics so far?

Thanks for your wishes.
V-MT - 12.3L includes comprehensive insurance and 4yr warranty
NVH - If you are driving style is sedate it wouldnt even bother you but even otherwise its within acceptable range.

Quote:

Congrats!! And many miles of Happy and Safe Driving!
What was your wait time between booking and delivery?

Quote:

Congrats! Drive Safe and have fun.

Keep us updated on your experience with iDTEC via ownership report!

Need some suggestions on floor mats. I have gone for Honda ones which cost Rs 1750. I happened to see 3D mats at one of the accessory shops which I usually go to and he had for Honda City for Rs 3500. I found them more practical as it'll ensure, the stuff falling on mats, will be retained there and not go to the below carpet due to the edges, even while removing. The Honda ones are flat ones. Do people recommend to go for 3D mats over the ones Honda provides? I'm aware of 3M mats as well but the looks of it is something I cannot go with.

Also, has anyone gone with front/rear bumper protectors and sports pedal? My accessory guy (outside market) mentioned that the genuine sports pedal, though expensive (Rs 3500), it'll give a very good grip while driving and the quality would be really good. There are cheaper ones available but the finish does not come even close to the one Honda gives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3389153)
Congrats and we will await a ownership report from your side clap:
Did you try any negotiation with respect to Handling Charges?

For handling charges, I brought it up. Over time, the SA manager has become a good friend. He was mentioning about the stock they had prior excise cut and so it influenced the handling charges. He did however help me in getting a better resale value for the car I am exchanging the City with so I was OK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3389896)
Congrats!! And many miles of Happy and Safe Driving!
What was your wait time between booking and delivery?

Prebooked in Dec'13. Initially booked Urban Titanium and got the car allotted in Jan but shifted to Silver because of which got delayed by 5 - 6 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3389923)
Need some suggestions on floor mats.

I went for 3D mats over the regular mats for my Jetta. I'd recommend Star 3D mats for their quality and value for money. For Rs. 2400, you get good looking, easily washable mats tailored to fit your cars. They're better than rubber mats if you ask me, especially if you're paying Rs. 1700 for them.

Check my thread for pictures if you wish and don't forget to check with them if they're tailored for the New City's dimensions.

Saw 2 iVtecs today in Mumbai both in the Powai area - one was a white "V" with a red plate being driven by what seemed Honda staff, as well as a black one outside Starbucks with staff who were there for a test drive. Had half the mind to stop & ask them for one as well :)
Bottomline - the VTECs are now available easily for TDs in Mumbai.

Noticed this in the SV model today at dealers place. Imo this naked golf ball style gear shifter looks much better than the leather wrapped one in VX model.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140313_185857.png
Views: 4021
Size:  547.0 KB

Saw this white Sv i-Vtec model in the showroom ready for delivery. Also TD for petrol is now available at Classic Honda if anyone is interested

Name:  ForumRunner_20140313_190005.png
Views: 14652
Size:  448.5 KB