Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-86.html)

I recently got the delivery of my VX Diesel City and every time I start the vehicle after its idle for a couple hours at least, I get the 'Low engine temperature' indicator which takes at least 2-3 minutes to go away.
Has anyone else faced this issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeKay (Post 3393909)
I recently got the delivery of my VX Diesel City and every time I start the vehicle after its idle for a couple hours at least, I get the 'Low engine temperature' indicator which takes at least 2-3 minutes to go away.

Yes, I don't think this is an issue. I usually give it 2 minutes and then start moving and the indicator goes away within 0.5 km of driving. I ensure I drive slowly in 1st-2nd gear till the indicator goes away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3393786)
Got 11km/l for the first tank consumed. Some enthusiastic driving and many drivers at home wanting to take her for a spin. Should improve now that only a single person is driving it.

Hey Nik_Kapur, Thanks for the input. It has finally thrown some light on the real world efficiency of the CVT variant. Did you drive it in Econ mode? Looking forward for some more tankful to tankful numbers.

Does the CVT imitate gearshifts like a traditional torque convertor transmission? Does it shift gears in a stepped pattern or is it devoid of any gear-shift feel like we experience while riding an Activa?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 (Post 3393952)
Hey Nik_Kapur, Thanks for the input. It has finally thrown some light on the real world efficiency of the CVT variant. Did you drive it in Econ mode? Looking forward for some more tankful to tankful numbers.

Does the CVT imitate gearshifts like a traditional torque convertor transmission? Does it shift gears in a stepped pattern or is it devoid of any gear-shift feel like we experience while riding an Activa?

The gearshift is pretty seamless and i guess it is devoid of the stepped pattern i experienced in my Civic AT. Overall its very easy to use and meant for everyday city use which is great.
I haven't used the Econ Mode as yet, it blunts performance and i just want to enjoy my car right now.
Will have more updates very soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3393985)
The gearshift is pretty seamless and i guess it is devoid of the stepped pattern i experienced in my Civic AT. Overall its very easy to use and meant for everyday city use which is great.
I haven't used the Econ Mode as yet, it blunts performance and i just want to enjoy my car right now.

Oh didnt knew that the Econ mode blunts performance! I was under the assumption that it makes the CVT move up the ratio in an aggressive manner to save fuel. Did you also feel the engine change its characteristic (may be a lower bhp/torque) to extract more economy?

As compared to the Civic, how is the NVH in your City? I read in GTO's review that CVT does make its noise felt in the cabin. Is it really audible? Havent seen any test drive cars of the CVT variant yet and hence the questions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeKay (Post 3393909)

It is there in my petrol as well, basically anytime the engine if off for more than 4 hours or so on restarting it comes on. Funnily though once my car was parked in the sun for around 6 hours and it did not come on. But whenever it is in the basement, the light comes on. Normal I guess.

Just got off the call with my SA & his team leader for my booking of V MT Petrol. The SA is asking me to make the full payment and the Car will be delivered in 15 days.

I asked him that I wanted to see the car and was told that the car is yet to leave the factory. When I make the full payment, they will allot me the Car when it leaves from the factory. It will take about 7-8 days to reach their stockyard in Mumbai and another 5-6 days for registration.

I argued with him that the Payment is supposed to be done only after the car has arrived in the Stockyard. The SA said that in Honda it does not work that way. Once the payment is done, depending on who all have made the payment and what cars are being despatched from the factory, the cars get allotted.

I argued that this means you will be giving preferential treatment to people who pay the money first and these guys are like 'No Sir, we are only calling people whose booking in next in line and not everybody'

I did not pursue the discussion further as I am in office right now.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

P.S. - Anybody over here who has taken delivery of the new City from Arya Honda

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3393985)

Hey Nik_kanpur, can you elaborate more on the pick up and acceleration of the CVT in every day city driving? Does the rubber band effect spoil the fun? And how is it using the paddle shifts in D mode; does it help in getting more performance?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3394123)
Just got off the call with my SA & his team leader for my booking of V MT Petrol. The SA is asking me to make the full payment and the Car will be delivered in 15 days.

I've just taken the delivery of my car from Apex Honda, Mumbai and I made the payment only after the car had reached the showroom's stock yard. Get the showroom's manager on the line and have a discussion with him. The sales advisers are utterly useless 99% of the time. Further on, just give Honda's customer care a call and speak to them about this.

Quote:

I asked him that I wanted to see the car and was told that the car is yet to leave the factory. When I make the full payment, they will allot me the Car when it leaves from the factory. It will take about 7-8 days to reach their stockyard in Mumbai and another 5-6 days for registration.

I argued with him that the Payment is supposed to be done only after the car has arrived in the Stockyard. The SA said that in Honda it does not work that way. Once the payment is done, depending on who all have made the payment and what cars are being despatched from the factory, the cars get allotted.

I argued that this means you will be giving preferential treatment to people who pay the money first and these guys are like 'No Sir, we are only calling people whose booking in next in line and not everybody'

Total BS. Don't fall for it. Final payment and all other formalities only happen when they have the car ready to deliver.

Quote:

Ask them to provide the allotment letter first. In my case they gave me a letter on Honda Letter Head saying that they are allocating a car for me based on the selection of the Variant and Color and only then I started the financial formality.

Quote:

I think it is quite normal. I had purchased 2 Hondas previously with a gap of 4-5 years, and I had followed the same process. I had made the full payment and the car was delivered to me after 15-20 days. However, I did not have any loan. Don't know the procedure if anyone has a loan to be taken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3393678)
I got the same info when I checked with my Honda Dealer. Also, for seat cover, you can always try out market as you'll get more options (design/colour/quality).

Are these Honda genuine alloys? If I remember correctly, the genuine ones used to cost around 40K plus for 4 alloys (same design). I'm not sure if the price has reduced. Also, if you can, try to get alloys for all 5 tyres. This way, if one gets a damaged, you can always use the alloy of spare wheel.

Also, I believe the reverse sensor is not part of Honda genuine accessory list right? The one Honda gives does not come with any Voice Alert as far as I know. Just beeps which become steady beep tone when you're very close.

Yes, both the items are from Honda accessory list.
You are right, the 5 spokes alloys were quoted around 44k.If I am not wrong they introduced 10 spokes alloys for 2013 model city and the upgrade cost was close to 25k ( May be they realized the value of money). I think there is a different thread in team bhp on this subject.
Sensors - they have few varieties, the standard one gives you constant beep (4k), the next one with beep and voice alert / distance indicator on the rear view mirror and the other one with video/monitor installed on the left side corner of the dashboard ( 7.8k?).

I took delivery of my VX CVT on 28-Feb in Gurgaon and have driven it slightly over 700kms till now. While I am happy with the CVT performance which is considerably better than a Fluence CVT that I had driven earlier for a month, I am seeing an FE of 11.4kmpl. Not very happy about it but I was told that it is going to improve after 1000 kms. But overall, quite happy with the smoothness of the vehicle and the bells & whistles that the model comes with.

Getting the registration accepted on Team-BHP feels like a big achievement. Got it right at the forth attempt. Thank you for getting me on board. :)

For months I have followed this post and had a lot to add and finally feels great to get this opportunity. I am booked for the CVT since December and hopefully should get the delivery next month. I did test drive the SV CVT and my views are:

I made sure the music system was off to hear how the engine sounds. Yes there is a bit of CVT grunt even on the soft pedal. The pickup is okay(definitely not peppy) and I felt that when you keep the pedal consistent after the speed is 50+ the engine revs better. However if you just put your foot down it just does not respond and its just Noisy. You cant overtake in traffic as you can in a DCT system. You will have to drive the way people drive a S500 or a 7 series in traffic, you never seem them cutting fast. You may have to give that respect to the City CVT, just relax and drive. This was my experience of about 2 kms of drive on the CVT. - Feedback is welcome from people who are driving it everyday now

The other thing I noticed was the AC blower at the back it is just not powerful even if you put the fan speed up. Then the front blower gets very noisy but still the rear blower does not blow as much.

I guess the rest is all covered in the last 85 pages.

Can someone give more idea on the quality of leather seats on the VX. They feel more like artificial leather and since its perforated not sure how strong they would be. Can anyone with the VX share how does the leather seats feel?